Instant Photo

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Although the ride took the full three hours, Sarah was surprised when they came up to the cabin they'd be staying in for the night. She wasn't weary from the ride at all. They all dismounted and led the horses into a small paddock next to the cabin. Bryan and Garrett took care of the horses as Sarah and Liz brought their saddlebags into the cabin. Although it was rustic, it felt warm and homey. The rooms or 'bunks' as Garrett called them were quite small and of course no running water. They'd really be "roughing it".

Garrett started up a fire in the fire ring outside. The cabin did store needed cooking gear and he vowed to make the 'best damn chili in Montana' for the 4 of them. After they had all rested a bit they each came out to the fire. Garrett produced a few bottles of wine which the group heartilly shared in. The talk around the campfire was mainly about the newlyweds and the fun they had on their honeymoon.

Garrett dished up the chili.

"Oh my God!" praised Liz. "That is so good!"

"It's delicious, Garrett!" said Sara in agreement. "Thanks so much. You're one hell of a cook!"

"Glad you like it," he responded. "Now you can say you've had real cowboy chili!" He took another forkful and shoved it through his lips.

The foursome gobbled up all the chili. Full stomachs and empty bottles of wine signaled that the evening was coming to an end. The conversation was starting to die down. Liz and Bryan inched closer to each other and started sharing a few kisses.

Bryan looked up at his brother and gave him a wink. 'Ummm...I know it's early but I think Liz and I are going to turn in." He grabbed Liz by the hand and gave it a squeeze.

"Already?" asked Sarah. She was in no mood to go to sleep right now.

"Why don't we go for a walk, Sparkles?" asked Garrett with a smirk. He had picked up on his brother's signal.

"Okay I guess," responded Sarah. A smirk came to her face when she realized that Liz might be making Bryan promise to keep quiet, just like they'd been discussing earlier.

Garrett rose and stepped over to Sarah, reaching out his hand. She took his hand and he easily lifted her to her feet. They slowly meandered off hand in hand.

Garrett raised her hand to his chest as he led Sarah over to the paddock. "I think we need to have a long walk to work off that chili," he said.

"Yeah," said Sarah. "And to get out of earshot of those two. I reckon they're going to be gettin' busy for a while!"

Garrett laughed. "I guess it was plain as day, wasn't it!"

"Sure was," replied Sarah. "But at least I get to walk with a handsome cowboy!"

Garrett gave her a glance. He wondered if there was a crack in her armor. They mosied up to one of the paddock fences. Silently, they watched the horses as they grazed. Pokey was at Baby Doll's side. At one point Pokey moved over and threw his head and neck over Baby Doll's neck. His mane blew in the light breeze.

"What's he doing?" asked Sarah.

"That's just the way horses show affection," said Garrett. "I told you Pokey is all sweet on Baby Doll. I think she just puts up with him. He just can't seem to help himself." Garrett paused for a few seconds. "Sometimes I know just how he feels."

Sarah could only smile and blush.

After a few minutes they continued their walk. "I can't believe how many stars you can see out here at night!" marveled Sarah. "It's like you can see the whole Milky Way!"

"Guess that's one of the reasons we call it Big Sky Country out here," said Garrett.

"I could stare up at these stars forever!" exclaimed Sarah.

"Me too!" said Garrett. But when Sarah looked at him she realized he wasn't looking at the sky but at her.

Sarah blushed and looked down, but when she looked back up at Garrett she realized he had never moved his eyes. They were still trained on her. The warmth of his gaze seemed to flow through her body. She felt the walls around her begin to melt. She turned and faced Garrett, before she could even think about what she was doing she threw her arms over his head and pulled him in for a kiss.

It was warm, sweet and passionate. Garrett encircled her hips with his arms. Neither of them wanted to break the kiss. Sarah closed her eyes, but before the passion could whisk them both away she broke the kiss and buried her head in his chest. It was exactly like what had happened on the dance floor over a thousand miles away. Sarah didn't want to feel the same confliction, but it was front and center just the same. Her tears began to flow.

Garrett just held her close. He knew that he couldn't push things any more than he already had. She was just too vulnerable right now and he didn't want her to shy away if he pushed it even more. He just held her tight.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have done that," said Sarah as she pushed herself away from Garrett's chest.

Garrett just smiled at her. He knew he needed to let her off the hook. "Don't you fret none, Sparkles," he said. "This ain't my first rodeo. Besides, that sure was a first class kiss!"

Sarah slapped him on the shoulder. "Calm down, cowboy! You've been spending too much time out on the range!"

Garrett laughed as they continued their little walk. He reached for her hand again and she gave it to him willingly. At least they could share in the warmth of this little touch.

They made their way back to the cabin without more than a word. When it was time to go to their respective bunks Garrett turned to Sarah. "Thanks for an entertaining stroll, little lady!" he said as he reached in and gave her a peck on the cheek. "See you in the mornin'"

Sarah made her way to her bunk and dressed herself in a long night gown. She laid down and pulled the comforter over herself but sleep wouldn't come. Her heart fluttered as she remembered the feeling of Garrett's kiss. Her mind was racing through so many scenarios. She realized that Liz's wedding day and today were the most fun she's had in a long time. Both those days only had one thing in common. She realized she couldn't have any more slip ups without things becoming too complicated. She had no idea how'd she get through the rest of this trip without messing up.

--

It wasn't long past breakfast before they were saddled up and on the trail the next morning. The sun was shining with just a few fluffy light clouds dancing in the sky. They again had about 3 or 4 hours of easy riding ahead of them. Most of it was along one of the creeks that lead through the property.

Sarah was thoroughly enjoying her ride on Baby Doll. Her trot was even and she hardly bounced at all. Sarah did notice that Pokey practically vibrated when Garrett would get him to trot. She noticed that because Garrett's voice would break up as they talked. She realized it must have been pretty uncomfortable for him since Pokey seemed so hard to ride. It was yet another kind gesture of his toward her. Sacrificing his comfort so she could ride the best mare on the ranch.

The beauty of the country was fully on display. Sarah marveled at the many different colors as they slowly rode through fields of wildflowers. At one point Pokey grasped at the flowers for a quick snack. Sarah had to laugh at the picture of Garrett riding a horse with a bunch of flowers hanging out of its mouth.

They decided to head toward the creek in the forest to stop for lunch. The dappled sunlight under the canopy kept them warm. Garrett dismounted and led Pokey and Baby Doll over to the creek for a drink.

"Here," said Garrett. "Let me help you down. Take this pack over to the rock formations, we'll be havin' lunch over there."

"Thank you," said Sarah as she fluttered her eyelashes at Garrett.

As she bent over to pick up the pack, Garrett gave her a quick slap on the butt. "Yee-haw" he laughed as Sarah covered her butt and gave him a look.

Sarah realized it was all in fun. She stuck her tongue out at Garrett again but then gave him a wide smile. Garrett just laughed.

They enjoyed their lunch as Garrett pointed out some of the old markings on the rock formation. Legend has it that some of the old carvings were from the local indian tribe. Others were supposedly carved into the rock by the old outlaw Dutch Henry.

Sarah wandered around the rock formation. She found a carving of a heart. Inside the heart were the initials G.O. on the top. The bottom initials had been deliberately carved away. "G.O." She thought. 'Garrett Olsen?' She wondered what the story was about the carving.

After lunch they mounted their horses and made off to the ruins of the old homestead. Garrett told the story of the original settlers of this land and the hardships they must have endured. The ruins were all that was left of their history. They'd be camping just next to them.

On the way, Sarah rode up next to Bryan. Liz was up ahead and would catch up to Garrett. "Bryan, I saw something at the rocks I'd like to ask you about."

"Ask away," replied Bryan.

"I saw a carving of a heart with Garrett's initials, but the other initials had been marked out," Sarah explained. "Was that Garrett? Did he have someone in his past?"

"Yes, he did," Bryan sighed. "It's been a while, but when Garrett first got this ranch, he and his fiancée moved in. It was Garrett's dream to own this ranch. It was a lot of hard work and debt that he had to work through, but he knew he could make it work. I guess she didn't have the same confidence in him."

"Oh no. What did she do?" asked Sarah.

"Well," continued Bryan. "To be truthful, she just broke his heart. It was just the day before the wedding. Garrett was all smiles. Things were starting to turn the corner. She just up and left. He came home and all of her things were gone. Not even a note. She didn't exactly leave him at the altar, but damn sure nearly so."

"Oh my God! That's awful," she said.

"It hurt him to the core," confessed Bryan. "Took him forever to open up to me about it, and I'm his brother! It's been a number of years now. No one really knows why she left. She never contacted him again. Pretty brutal."

"I guess that's why he's never been married?" asked Sarah.

"Most likely," replied Bryan. "He's better now, but was always a little more skittish around women. He seems really taken with you though."

Sarah blushed and smiled. "I guess," she demurred.

"Believe me," continued Bryan. "I know Liz would have never done that to me, but after watching what Garrett went through I was still really nervous. I didn't want to give Liz the opportunity to run out on me!"

"She'd never had done that in a million years," responded Sarah. "She loves you more than anything. Believe me, I know."

"Thanks," said Bryan. "It means alot." Bryan kicked his horse into a cantor to catch up with his wife.

Sarah reflected on the story. She knew she didn't want to hurt Garrett in any way. This story just furthered her resolve.

--

The ruins consisted of an old stacked stone fireplace and the outline of a foundation. Everything else would have been made of wood and long since rotted away. Even so, Sarah could still feel some nostalgia for the old homesteaders. She imagined the beauty and promise the rolling fields afforded them. She thought it was probably no different for Garrett when he found this ranch.

"We'll be settin' up tents here," shouted Garrett as he dismounted Pokey. Garrett relieved Pokey and Baby Doll of the gear he'd need for the night. Bryan did the same for his and Liz's horse and the two of them led the four horses away. There was a small paddock fenced off next to the ruins for just these types of occasions.

Bryan and Garrett commenced setting up the three tents. One for Bryan and Liz and one each for Sarah and Garrett. Sarah watched as the two newlyweds made their 'nest' in the larger tent. She was hit with a wave of envy as she realized she'd be sleeping alone. She watched Garrett deftly assemble her shelter. She realized it was him she'd rather be sharing her tent with instead of Josh. In fact, she'd hardly even thought of Josh this whole trip.

"Here's your hideout, Sparkles!" Garrett said with a grin. "He waved his arm toward her tent in the center of the three. "Make yourself at home."

"Thanks Cowboy!" Sarah said with a fake smile. She moved her saddle bags and duffle into the tent.

Garrett stored his belongings and went to start a fire in the ring in front of the tents. Dinner tonight was simple 'silver turtles'. A beef and potatoes mixture in a foil pouch that was premade last night. Garrett produced a few more bottles of wine as they watched the fire dance. It was a little breezier tonight as the clouds started to move in. The quartet imbibed in the camp food and hearty wine.

Conversation went much the same as the previous night with the newlyweds at the center of attention. Funny thing was, this time it was more Liz and Sarah sharing subtle hints about splitting up and pairing off. At one point Liz made a show of yawning and stretching out her arms. She grabbed Bryan in close.

"Might be time for a walk there Cowboy!" offered Sarah.

"I'm right with you Sparkles!" replied Garrett. The two of them stood and went hand in hand toward the paddock. Liz grabbed her husband and they disappeared into their tent. Even out at the paddock Sarah could hear the revelry start up in her cousin's tent.

Sarah looked at Garrett with a smirk. "Those two can't get enough of each other!" she said.

"I reckon' your right," said Garrett. "Can't say as I mind though, gives me time to do some jawing with you."

Sarah smiled as she looked down at their intertwined hands. Just then Baby Doll let out a 'neigh' and shook her mane. Garrett looked a bit concerned but quickly returned his glance to Sarah.

"Guess Baby Doll's just bein' a bit 'ornery", said Garrett.

"Well, it's a woman's prerogative!" Sarah smirked.

"Reckon' so," said Garrett. "Here, let's move up the trail a bit." They continued on their walk.

A little ways down the trial was another patch of wildflowers. Garrett collected a few and offered the makeshift bouquet to Sarah. "Pretty flowers for a pretty girl," he said quietly.

"Thanks, Cowboy," said Sarah with a smile. "For everything."

"What do you mean?" asked Garrett.

"I know you've gone out of your way for me on this trip," explained Sarah. "It's been a lot more work for you, all the extra gear, cooking, and putting up with Pokey. You would have been much more comfortable if I hadn't come."

"Ha," laughed Garrett. "I don't know about that. What would I have done the last two nights when Liz and Bryan retired early? Talk to my horse? They aren't very good conversationalists!"

Sarah giggled. "I guess you're right," she confessed. "But, I thank you just the same." She came up to put a kiss on his lips.

Just as their lips met, lightning struck not far off in the distance. The loud crack of thunder rolled around them as it echoed off the mountain range. Sarah shook with surprise.

"I'd like to say that was my electric personality," joked Garrett. "But I think we need to head back. Looks like a rain storm's rollin' in."

"Ok, let's go." said Sarah as she reached for Garrett's hand. Just then another bolt of lightning lit up the sky.

"Oh, my!" shouted Sarah.

"Looks like we're in for a light show tonight!" Garrett commented. "We'd better hurry!" They speeded up to a jog, but it wasn't enough. The rain storm had caught them. Big raindrops splattered all around.

"Hurry!" shouted Garrett as they ran for the camp. They passed by the paddock. The horses were relatively calm. They knew the drill. Just stand with your butt against the wind. The humans weren't so calm.

"I'm getting soaked!" screamed Sarah.

"We're almost there!" yelled Garrett as they passed the paddock. The rain picked up the pace.

They rounded the corner and headed for their respective tents. The rain was picking up even more. Garrett unzipped his tent and was able to escape the deluge. Sarah had trouble with hers. "The zippers stuck!" she screamed. "I'm getting soaked!"

"Come in here!" yelled Garrett, holding his tent flap open. Sarah ran toward his tent, but tripped over a stake and ended up bowling over Garrett as he held the flap open. They landed in a pile. Sarah on top of Garrett, face to face.

They both laughed as Garrett grabbed her to roll her off. "I need to close up the tent!" he yelled. Another bolt of lightning lit up the tent as the thunder deafened them.

Garrett managed to pull the flap closed and get it zippered up. "Here, let's get these muddy boots off," he said as he pulled both his and hers off, stacking them neatly by the door.

"God! I'm soaked!" shouted Sarah. Garrett noticed the telltale signs of her bra line since the rain had made her white shirt nearly transparent.

"Hold on," said Garrett. "I have some towels in here we can dry off with." He took their Stetsons and carefully placed them in a corner of the tent. He pulled a few fluffy cotton towels from his pack. Garrett smiled as he threw the towel over Sarah's head. "I have to make sure you stay all Sparkly!" he said as he began to dry off Sarah, much like you'd dry off a wet puppy.

Sarah giggled as Garrett tickled her through the absorbent cotton. They laughed as they wrestled while mostly drying off. At one point Sarah's face emerged from under the white cloth, right in front of Garrett. He pulled her into a strong, passionate kiss.

Sarah moaned with delight. She reached around his neck and pulled him in closer. The warmth of his body combating the coldness of the soaking rain. The kisses came with more fervor and passion.

At one point, Garrett came up for a little air. He stared down at Sarah in the negligible light. Another lightning bolt flashed and lit up the walls of the tent. Garrett could clearly see the need in Sarah's eyes and she could see the want in his.

"I better get out of these wet clothes," she murmured.

"Good idea," he said. Garrett started on the buttons of her shirt. Sarah returned the favor after he lifted the shirt from her sensuous frame. Sarah gasped as she caught a glimpse of his muscular chest. Garrett was no stranger to hard work. His physique was evidence of that. They began to get lost in another round of kisses.

The heat of their passion made them all but oblivious to the gully-washer that was happening all around them. Sarah found herself happy for the noise of the storm as it did its best to drown out her moans as Garrett finished undressing her. Garrett took her chin in his hand as he slid in under the sleeping bag with her, completely naked. He kissed her softly. She grabbed his head and nibbled on his upper lip.

"I want you, Sarah" he said.

"Don't you mean 'Sparkles'?" she said with a bit of a giggle.

"No," said Garrett. "That's for when we're just funnin' around. This is no game for me. I want you Sarah!"

"I want you too, Garrett!" she said with a tear in her eye. "Please!"

It was all he needed to hear. Garrett placed the most passionate kiss on Sarah that she'd ever had in her young life. He started to kiss down her neck.

Sarah just closed her eyes. She couldn't think of anything other than Garrett. If nothing else this handsome cowboy was hers tonight. As he kissed his way down to her breasts she vowed to stop worrying about the rest of her future. Tonight was everything.

Garrett circled his tongue around her left nipple. Sarah cooed in delight. She held the back of his head as he devoured her breasts. He was so gentle, but so strong. She could feel his hardness up against her thigh. She reached down for the prize.

"Ohhhh," Garrett moaned as Sarah wrapped her hand around his member. She started to stroke him up and down.

"That's gonna get you in a lot of trouble there, little lady!" he said with his eyes shut tight.

"Oh, I think I can handle this kind of trouble," breathed Sarah as she kissed the top of his head.