Into the Arms of Eros

Story Info
Step-siblings star in a sexy local summer theater production.
26.1k words
4.81
45.9k
102
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
riverboy
riverboy
4,576 Followers

All characters in this story are 18 years of age or older.

--

A blinding sun slowed the way as Addie Moreau drove home from Mid River College, her junior year complete, just one more year to go until she'd have the Bachelor of Arts degree in Drama that she'd so coveted growing up. She'd thought about staying in her off-campus apartment a week or two more, but a personal request for her to audition for a starring role at a small experimental theater in her home town had her speeding home to the mountains as fast as she could go with the sun in her eyes.

Addie was glad her step-brother would be there when she arrived home for the summer, as he, too, was interested in the theater's summer production, a new, world premier play, Glorious Strays, by the young, buzzworthy New York City playwright Victor Steblishun.

Addie's step-brother, Colin, two years her younger, doesn't take theater acting as seriously as Addie does. He's quite naturally good at it, having performed, often along with Addie, in many local musicals and plays growing up. He'd even landed the starring role in his high school's production of The Music Man, but now, a year after graduating, his vague ideas about a career in theater were confused, his thoughts about maybe going to college some day now fading from his mind.

In this Mountain Valley region where Addie and Colin live, the theater scene thrives every summer due to the influx of 'summer people', many of them wealthy city-dwellers who have summer homes in these mountains and on the shores of the many lakes here. There are three theaters in all, one of them primarily musical. The Hole in the Ground Theater, the most experimental and least musical of the three, is a basement room with a small stage, space for a very small orchestra hidden behind a curtain, and 84 comfortable seats sourced from an old movie theater that went out of business in a neighboring town.

As she drove, Addie wondered about this new play, Glorious Strays, the upcoming summer's only production at the Hole in the Ground. Usually the theater stages two plays, one in July and one in August, so this one, by this new Steblishun guy, must be somewhat special. She knew little about it other than it being a somewhat mythological story with scenes of stylized erotica, acted by just two leads, a man and a woman. With just one female role up for grabs, she used her hand to shield her eyes from the sun as she drove, and she sped along faster.

Arriving home, she learned from Colin that he wasn't interested in auditioning for an acting role, preferring instead to try and get a job on the seasonal stage crew at the theater, so he could be there and be a part of Addie's experience if she got the role, helping her out behind the scenes.

"Why don't you audition?" Addie asked him. "You might get it. You never know."

"No, I don't think it's for me. Addie, there's nudity. It's kinda hot, the whole thing."

"Yeah, I heard that too. I talked to some people," said Addie. "I'm not exactly thrilled about that part of it, but...I'm an actor, I need to push myself. This could be big for me, getting a lead role."

Colin nodded. "Yeah, for sure. You're on your own, though. I'll be happy backstage, or out in the box office or whatever. It'll be cool."

"Will you go with me to the audition tomorrow, for support?"

"Sure," said Colin. "I stopped and picked up the script and the casting information for you. The scene they want you to read is pretty easy. It's up in my room. I'll get it for you."

Addie smiled, her fully grown 'little brother' so much nicer and more helpful than he used to be when he was younger.

--

The next day, Addie spent the morning memorizing her lines, thinking about this character named Glorious, trying out some things in front of a mirror to see if she could pin down an angle that would bring 'the wife of God' to life. After their mother made them some lunch, Addie and Colin drove over to the theater for her audition.

Having been through this procedure many times in her life, Addie was relaxed, and this particular theater felt almost like home. She'd been on stage here as a twelve-year old for a month long run as the daughter of a coal miner, and again for a month long run at age 15, that time playing a high school student in a play about a teacher with a drinking problem. She knows the theater's owner, who sometimes produces the plays, a nice man named John. He's producing this summer's play, and he welcomed Addie with open arms, smiling, hugging her, and shaking Colin's hand.

"Addie, great to see you! How is college? Are you doing great work there?"

"It's wonderful," said Addie. "Every day is wonderful."

"I see you brought your handsome brother. I agree with you, I think he'd be perfect." John looked over at the play's director, gesturing with a happy eyebrow raise and a nod.

"Perfect...for the male role, do you mean?" asked Addie. "No, he's just here for moral support."

"I wanted to ask about a stage crew job," said Colin. "I've done most of it before. Even box office."

"Oh, sure, sure," said John. "I remember, you've done good work for us. Absolutely, we'll find something, but I remember you've done acting roles for us, too. Would you like to try out for the understudy of our male lead? We've already cast him, he's in the city working off-broadway now, but we definitely still need an understudy, and you've absolutely got the physicality we're looking for, Colin. It pays better than stage-hand work. If you're interested, would you mind taking off your shirt for us? I hope you're not tattooed."

"No, I'm not. Tattooed, I mean. I guess...I'm interested."

"Yeah, you should do it!" said Addie, eyes wide, smiling.

Colin, surprised by all this, started unbuttoning his shirt, with the eyes of six interested people on him. Standing bare-chested in just his somewhat tight bluejeans, John handed him a folded-open script.

"Your character's name is Hercule. He's a young man of quiet power and strength. Read a bit of this speech. I know you haven't worked on it, we just need to hear you, to see if your voice can project. Move around a little as you're reading, if you can."

Colin nodded. He knew the drill -- voice projection, posture, stage presence. He'd learned it all as a child, as Addie had, the two of them theater nerds working the local scene since they were little.

After quickly reading to himself, Colin began, his voice so much louder now, clear, and powerful, his stature tall and muscular, his improvised movement confident enough.

"Goodness, you've matured!" said John. "Bravo, Colin. Well done." After a quick, murmuring conference with the director and the others, John walked over and shook Colin's hand. "You're our understudy if you'd like the job. It's two months of fun and excitement. Would you like to do it?"

Colin's surprise showed on his face. "I don't know. Can I...think about it?"

"Sure, that's fine. Tell you what, have a seat while we talk to Addie, and then we'll wrap things up and come up with a plan."

Colin nodded, feeling an odd buzz from all the attention. Putting on his shirt, he stepped aside and watched as Addie took 'center stage', in front of John, and the director, and the others.

"First, I want to thank you all for asking for me personally," Addie said, her eyes bright, her voice clear. "It really means a lot to me to know that you think I'm worthy of auditioning for this kind of lead in a two-person play. The theater community in the Mountain Valley has been so good to me for...well, for all of my life, really, nurturing my interest and my developing career. I can't thank you enough, all of you. I was really excited about getting back home this week, hoping to come here today to do my best and win you over, but...this is hard for me to say...I don't think I can do it. I don't think I can play this part."

"Is it the nudity, Addie?" asked John.

"Yes," said Addie. She glanced at Colin for a long second, then back at the comfort of John's friendly eyes. "I just...don't think I'm right for it. There's lots of other girls. Karen Wills, maybe. Have you talked to her? I don't know if she'd do it, but..."

"Addie, those of us who know you, we all agree you're perfect for this role," said John, "and I don't use the word perfect lightly. We've had you in mind since day one. Karen is wonderful, and yes, there's lots of others, but none of them are you. To be blunt, this play rides on its visuals, maybe more than any other play we've done. The two characters, they have to bring something special in that regard, and you, and your brother too, for that matter, you've got it, Addie. We really do think you're perfect for this role. But...having said that, we of course respect your concerns and whatever decision you might make. Just...give it some more thought, will you? Will you do us the honor of reading for us? Did you go over the speech we outlined?"

Addie nodded, then began the speech. Colin sat dumfounded at her reluctance to take the part they so clearly wanted to give her, his eyes seeming to see the room get brighter as she delivered the speech so beautifully. Her voice, so polished and sweet yet so powerful, rang in his ears like music.

"Addie...," John softly said when she was done, "...you're our Glorious. We'd like nothing more than to have you play her. Will you consider it? Please?"

Addie nodded, feeling conflicted. "I'll...think about it some more."

"If I may...," said the director, a woman Addie knew, "...I'd like to ask you some more personal questions. Shall we go into the office?"

Addie nodded, blushing, assuming this private woman-to-woman session would be all about the nudity. "Yes, okay."

Colin watched them leave, but then he was drawn into a conversation with John and the others about the Hercule character they want him to understudy, and before he knew it Addie was back, her face tinged with a blushing redness.

"Okay you two," said John. "It's Friday. We can give you both the weekend to decide things, but we'll need a decision from each of you on Monday."

"Yes, okay," said Addie. "Monday morning. We won't keep you waiting. Thanks, John. I really appreciate this opportunity."

"Me too," said Colin. "Is...a job on the stage crew still a possibility if I don't want to do the understudy thing?"

"Sure, Colin. We'll find something for you, but we'd much rather have you understudy the Hercule role."

Hands were shaken all around, then Addie drove Colin to a small park on the bank of the rock-strewn river that bisects the village. Sitting in the car, watching the glinting sparkles of sunlight on water that was still rushing from the snowmelt of last winter, Addie had tears in her eyes.

"Fuck, Colin, why does life have to be so hard."

"Addie, what's going on? Are you okay?"

Barely shaking her head as she stared out through the windshield, Addie confessed. "I've never liked myself. I've never admitted it to you, but it's true."

"Oh my God. Seriously? Addie, is school fucking up your head or something? Did something happen?"

"No, it's not that," she said, wiping a single tear from each eye as she regained her composure. "It's just me. I mean, I like myself better than I used to, a lot better, but...sometimes...it's just hard."

Colin nodded, looked out the windshield at the sparkles. "I'm not doing the understudy. I'd rather just have a regular job this summer."

"For real?" said Addie. "Don't say that because of me."

Colin shook his head. "No, it's not that. I don't know. They surprised me. Why would they offer me that, so easily?"

"Because you're you! Colin, they know you. They know both of us. They've seen our work, onstage and off. They want somebody trustworthy, they want somebody who can act, and...they want a guy who looks like you. You're perfect for it. You really should do it. And anyway, it's understudy. You'll get paid, futz around backstage helping people out, it'll be fun. You really should do it."

Colin nodded, unconvinced. "Yeah, well...shit, Addie, you need to re-think it all, too. You were so excited about this one."

"I know. That was before I read the script."

Colin, having read it too, knew it was the nudity that worried Addie, and he didn't feel right talking too much about that. "Have you ever walked into an audition and had them want you for the part before you even read for them? That's so cool, Addie. Everyone loves you around here. Isn't it cool? You're, like, a star here now."

Addie smiled. "Not a star. But yeah, it's totally cool. I'm surprised, actually. It's a really nice feeling."

Colin's phone buzzed in his pocket. He pulled it out, answered it, Addie listening. "Oh, hi," he said. "Oh, wow, really...... You do?...... I, um, yeah, I'll think about it...... Yeah, I'll definitely think about it.......Yes, Monday morning. Thanks."

Addie looked at him, seeing the odd look on his face as he stuffed the phone back into the tightness of his front pants-pocket. "What was that?"

"John. From the theater. He said...they changed their mind. They want to give me the part. The lead. The other guy, he's out I guess, if I want to do it."

Wide-eyed, Addie began to smile. "Bro! Oh my God! That's awesome!"

Colin explained more. "John sounded really happy, said that they'd all be really happy if we...do it together. You and me."

Addie's smile faded, her eyes still wide. "Oh," she said, her gaze drifting out to the sparkles again. "Jesus. Two starring roles. You and me. Normally I'd be...God, Colin, how great would that be. But...why does it have to be this play."

Colin knew just what she meant. "He said I should stop back and get a script, so we can work on it over the weekend."

"Yeah, for sure. I'll run lines with you. You really should do this, Colin. You'll feel better about it by Monday."

"Maybe you will, too," Colin said.

Addie shook her head. "It's too sexy. I mean, I'm not a prude, but..."

"Yeah. I read your script the other night," said Colin. "If it's too much for you it's too much for me. I should just call him back and tell him no. I feel bad about keeping them waiting."

Addie gazed deeper into the wild river's sparkles. "I know, but...I guess I'm crazy but...doing it together...if we both took the parts...I don't know, maybe that'd be, like, a support system. Does that sound crazy?"

"Addie, there's lots of kissing, the real kind, and touching, and bed scenes, and..."

"And that final scene," Addie said, her eyes finding Colin's again. "It's probably crazy for us to even think about it."

"So what do I do? Call him back and say no, or...go get my script?"

The car became silent for some long moments, the sound of the rushing river roaring outside the partially-open window. "Get the script," Addie said. "Let's take the boat over to the boathouse in the morning. We can work on some lines, rehearse a little, and...maybe see what we think. We've got till Monday, right? We'll bring some food and some beer, it'll be fun."

Colin nodded, happy with the thought of a weekend at the lake. Spring fishing is sometimes really good this soon after the ice has gone. "Dad'll be happy. He wanted me to go check on things. We hardly got there at all for ice fishing this year."

Addie nodded, a soft happiness returning to her eyes. "Let's go get your script. Let's figure this shit out."

--

The family's summer house at the lake is simple and rustic, tucked back in the woods, off the grid but with solar power and hot and cold running water. Most years it's mid to late June before the nights are warm enough to safely use the plumbing system, so for cold weather and winter ice fishing use the upstairs loft above the waterfront boathouse was long ago turned into a rustic guesthouse, with a good woodstove for heat, a single-battery solar system for rudimentary light, an old brass double bed to sleep on, a comfortable old couch for sleeping, and a wooden counter for preparing simple food. Unless one wants to hike for miles through trail-less forest, the only way to get to the property is by boat, so, late Saturday morning, Colin hitched up the family's modest ski boat, he and Addie stopped for gas, and she, being twenty-one years old now and of legal age, bought two six-packs of good beer.

The lake's public boat launch is about five miles from town, gently uphill all the way there. The long, six mile boat ride up the length of the quiet mountain lake felt like heaven to Addie, and arriving at the boathouse dock felt like home. Ever since she and Colin were little this place has been special to them, an oasis of childhood discovery, serendipity, and fun. This is a place to soothe the soul, and after a long winter at college, even as fun as it was, Addie felt the relaxation as soon as she stepped onto the dock.

"Wow," she said, smiling as she looked around at the water and the surrounding mountains. "I know it's always this beautiful, but I sometimes forget."

Colin smiled. "Grab our bags. I'll get the cooler."

Half an hour later, sitting on folding outdoor chairs out on the balcony overlooking the lake, Addie let the spring sun beat down on her face. The day wasn't warm, but it was spectacular. Her script and her audition notes lay on her lap, a bottle of cold beer in her hand.

"It really is a fucking sexy play," she said, looking down at the title page. "Glorious Strays. I like the title."

"Yeah," said Colin.

"This Steblishun guy that wrote it, you think he's horny, or what?"

Colin smiled. "For sure."

"You could probably write stuff like this. You've got an eye for it."

"For what?" asked Colin.

"Girls. Women. I've seen."

Colin blushed at Addie's smirking smile, remembering the time she'd stumbled onto his hidden collection of porn magazines, the old fashioned kind that smelled of must and age.

He set his beer down on the balcony's weathered wooden deck, picked up his copy of the script, looked at its cover. "So, why don't you want to do it?"

"Same reason you're acting funny," Addie said, feeling a sudden nervous warmth within her. "Hot kissing, sexual touching. My character's costume for the whole thing is as see-through as nothing."

"The guy's isn't much more," said Colin.

"I know! You'd look good in it, though. My friends will all come see you."

"It's, like, a little male bikini, I guess?"

"Yeah," said Addie. "The description sounds kind of like a speedo swimsuit, only gold."

Colin nodded, wondered how tight, how small. The costuming notes had told about it, but he'd skimmed that part.

"Did you read the scene...on the bed...at the end?" asked Addie.

Colin nodded, blushing.

"It's...crazy," said Addie. "Why am I even thinking about doing this? You should just do it. I'll get something else, a smaller part at one of the other theaters."

"I thought you wanted... to think about it."

"Do you?" asked Addie. "Do you want me to think about it?"

"Are you afraid of kissing onstage?"

"No, Colin, of course not. But we're talking about you. And me. You and me. I haven't ever even kissed you on the cheek."

Colin swallowed a sip of beer. "I've never kissed anybody onstage."

"It's different than real life," said Addie. "But...not too different. If we're actually thinking about all this, we're going to need to try it. I mean, that's the most basic thing we'd have to get used to, right? That and...I went through the whole script last night. I marked most of the other stuff."

Colin smiled, seeing Addie's script on her lap, her yellow post-it note bookmarks sticking out the end of it. "You always prepare better than me."

Addie shrugged. "So, stand up and start preparing. You ready? We'll just kiss and...see."

Addie's heart rate increased, the way it does just before she goes on stage. It felt odd to her that such a 'performance' feeling would happen now, with no one here to see, not even a bird looking on, it seemed. But this first exercise that she and Colin were standing up for, and now ready to attempt, was something very different than a usual acting rehearsal. This was her step-brother she was about to kiss, on the lips, in a we're-supposed-to-look-like-lovers kind of way. Looking into Colin's kind eyes as she stood before him, she saw in him the same sort of wonder and confusion that she was feeling.

riverboy
riverboy
4,576 Followers
123456...8