It Was Always There

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Finally, I'd love to thank my partner, my best friend, my boyfriend, John. It is his design that truly brought my vision for 'Vine in the City' to life. Thank you my love for everything." More clapping as everyone looked at John. He smiled and blew a kiss to Amber.

"Thanks everyone. Hope you like it. And I can't wait to see you all here again- only as paying customers next time." Amber said with laughter in her voice. The room laughed and clapped at Amber's words.

The night went extremely well and the vibe for 'Vine in the City' was very positive. The real test would come with regular customers, but Amber and John were sure the restaurant was going to be a success.

Eventually the night drew to a close. The crowds had left and only Amber and John remained in the building. They sat together at a table near the front windows. The lights outside were illuminating the trees. John looked at Amber sitting there. She looked a little tired, but so happy. He offered her a glass of champagne, but she declined saying it was too close to bedtime.

Amber noticed John moving a bit in his seat. He was still that geeky guy she sat next to back at school at times, but he was her geek. She had something on her mind too, but decided to see what John was thinking about.

"What's on your mind Hun? You're fidgeting a bit there."

John smiled at Amber. She knew him almost as well as he knew himself. He moved across and took hold of her hand.

"Gorgeous, I have been thinking for ages how to say this, but I can't think of the perfect way......I can't put it into words how much I love you, Amber because I love you in ways I have never loved anyone else. You mean absolutely everything to me. I can't imagine my life without you, Amber, and I don't want to..."

John hopped off his chair and went down onto one knee right next to Amber. Amber bit her lip and tears began to form in her eyes

"Amber would you marry me?"

"Yes, yes, yes.." Amber exclaimed even before John finished asking her.

John stood up, and Amber joined him. Her arms went around the love of her life, and they kissed. A deep, long, passionate, but loving kiss as their arms held each other tight. They embraced for a long time before John lowered his arms and brought a ring box from his pocket. Taking the ring and Amber's shaking left hand, he slipped the ring onto her finger.

"Oh John it's beautiful. I love it. Thank you ... my fiancé." Amber replied before kissing John again.

"Thank you my fiancé." John replied with a laugh. "I had to ask you while we were here."

"Why?"

"Well this was the place we first kissed. Remember?"

"Oh John I will never, ever forget that." Amber replied before kissing him again

When they moved apart, John could see Amber looking down at the ring with a slightly strange look on her face.

"Are you ok, Amber? Don't you like the ring?"

"No John. I love the ring, and I love you so much. It's just that.... I wanted to tell you something too."

"What is it, Gorgeous?" John asked with a slightly worried look on his face.

Amber smiled and wrapped her arms casually around his neck. Her face was close to his. She looked down for a second before looking into his green eyes and smiling her biggest smile.

"I'm pregnant, John."

John's mouth fell open, trying to find the right words, but his eyes were smiling.

"Really Amber?"

"Yes, really Sweetheart. We are having a baby." Amber grinned.

John put his arms around his fiancé and lifted her up, swinging her around in excitement. Amber squealed and laughed. John put her down and kissed her again.

"Oh Gorgeous. I .... I can't believe it. I didn't think I could be any happier than when you said yes, but I'm so, so happy with this."

Amber was beaming too.

"I'm so happy too. Having the love of my life propose to me and having a family together. Nothing could get any better."

After kissing again John looked deep into Amber's eyes. He began to feel philosophical.

"Thank you for being my friend when we were at school. If only I had realised ... The feelings I have for you were always there, we could have been together a long time ago."

"It was always there for me, John. But having the life I had made me realise even more how much I love you."

"I love you so much Amber."

"I love you too."

*************

Epilogue

Amber and John didn't rush into getting married straight away instead waiting till after Amber had the baby. Even these plans changed during the pregnancy. Amber and John became parents 8 months later to twins, Caitlin and Samuel. Adam was the proudest big brother to his two siblings and he doted after them.

Amber now had time on her hands as her restaurants were now running like clockwork. While yes there were incidents and events that needed her attention, she now was able to be the Executive Chef she wanted to be. She used her creativity to shape the menus at her venues and to guide her chefs the way she wanted. She also became a regular guest chef on 'MasterChef' as well as appearing on many other TV programs.

John's work life changed dramatically not long after the twins were born. He and Nick had a substantial offer to sell 'Allimac Designs' to a large firm. The offer was really too good to refuse, and they sold the business. With that, John effectively retired from architecture. His business interest now settled solely on Amber's restaurants, and more importantly, life with his family. Having Amber return to his life completed John. He felt whole when he was with her, and their family meant everything to him, to both of them.

They married 2 years after the opening of 'Vine in the City' at Amber's parent's vineyard. They had their reception in the original 'Vine' and it was a joyous affair. It was the wedding, she had dreamed of since she was a little girl and to be marrying the man of her dreams was just perfect.

After the ceremony and having pictures taken amongst the grapevines, Amber and John walked arm in arm towards 'Vine'. Their reception was in full swing and the noise from their guests enjoying themselves could be heard loud and clear. The sun was setting over the vineyard, causing the shadows to lengthen and everything glow. John stopped walking.

"Amber.... Amber, have a look at this." John said with a smile.

Amber was looking at her husband and grinned. She could see the sun was setting and knew what John was doing.

"What is it John?" she laughed, before wrapping her arms around him.

"This is just perfect. You can't make this." John said.

"Hmmm..... Just like when we first kissed."

Amber moved right against her husband and kissed him. Their lips locked and tongues teased and played together. As they disentangled, John gazed into Amber's blue eyes.

"I'm so glad I kissed you back then."

"I wanted you to kiss me. I know I've said this, but I wanted you to kiss me back at school."

"I wished I had." John replied. He just brushed Amber's hair slightly away from her eyes. "And I'm going to make it up to you for all the time we missed being together."

Amber kissed John again.

"You already have Sweetheart. You already have." Amber said with a loving smile on her face. "Now let's go inside and face the hordes enjoying all our food and wine."

"Of course. With you by my side Amber...... I will go anywhere with you my love."

"I love you."