All Comments on 'Janice's Tale'

by Bardot1990

Sort by:
  • 3 Comments
JustplainjeffJustplainjeffabout 1 year ago

Fan fucking tastic, Ms Bardot! Perfectly worded for the time it's taking place. Great job

TeenStudforOlderWomenTeenStudforOlderWomenabout 1 year ago

Nice story. Thanks for writing it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Checked that I liked it in order to give credit for the writing. Composition criteria were all met (within reason given the nature of the dialogue), the personality of the main character (who is all that mattered; Blue was a caricature of a handy dick to have around for her to fuck herself on) came through clearly (if unflatteringly); the plot development required little--but unfolded logically if one accepted the "Slave South" location to begin with--and (from experience) I would say that Bardot1990 nailed the "before and after" coitus mood of the main character in both her blatant and nuanced language throughout.

It would be unfair to criticize the racist language and attitudes depicted in the story...simply because that was part and parcel of the natural "accepted" outlook of the time (an attitude still quite evident in many parts of the nation) and continues today--one of the more popular phrases among a certain group of white women being..."Once you go Black, you never go back".

This was a simple story, not ever pretending to be anything other than a "quick fuck" or "stroke" tale in a specific genre. I didn't much like it--(I prefer that there be greater depth to characters)--but for what it was...it was done well. Kudos to the author for capturing a specific mood in a specific situation.

Keep writing.

MLJ

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBardot1990@Bardot1990
I am Bardot. I became interested in this genre as a teenager sneaking peeks into the romance novels strewn around the homes of women in my family. The sexually interesting parts could always be found at the ends of each chapter. To me, those books were never descriptiv...