All Comments on 'January Sucks'

by DylanThomasLives

Sort by:
  • 448 Comments (Page 4)
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I agree. Easily the best. Better than the original. I hope the writer continues to write and submits more stories.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

5 stars. The Narcissist bitch, got hers in the end!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Going to be hard to have a child after a hysterectomy. That's a serious plot blunder.

gnfitchgnfitchover 2 years ago

Anonymous 2 days ago. Never heard of adoption?

Thanks for writing and putting yourself out there. You've done very well, for a first time author.

Any mistakes or errors did not intrude on your story. Keep up the good work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

ZEROZEROZERO!!!

I quit when he said "I just don't know." and "I love you."

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

AND ALL THESE GLOWING COMMENTORS are full of crap.

MightyheartMightyheartover 2 years ago

Poor writing.

Didn't have the flavour of the original.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Excellent version of the original theme. I liked the use of italics for sections from the original version and the standard type for new variations. Shows respect for the original author.

There were a couple of things left hanging (e.g. what was Marc served with in the Court and when Ellen suggested more children was she talking about adoption, surrogacy or a miracle?) but overall the ending provided a logical and satisfactory conclusion to what had gone before. A well deserved 5

LA

NonSequitourNonSequitourover 2 years ago

Nice first effort, so I will keep my criticism constructive. There were a few dialog/narrative glitches but they were a momentary distraction.

I suppose you might not have wanted to piss readers off too much; so you only implied what was on the video. Some readers might not have gotten it.

Having received the finest legal education from LitRot authors: I figured the video from Jim's house would bear on child custody. The divorce was just glossed over w/o dispute.

For the benefit of readers/commenters, BlackHeart93's treatment is the most satisfactory one I have read so far.

reggmoreggmoover 2 years ago

It is obvious Linda never loved her husband or her children. Most obvious having sex in an unguarded living room where either child could have wondered in. I can't believe the lack of btb. 3 days in jail and a new life in sunny ca.??? However; Could not put the story down once I started reading. Good job.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Great job but she had no remorse and willingly threw her family away. Needed more showing her pain at what he lost, if she had any. More damage to the ahole also.

Oh he lost a bit of money but still a millionaire, till after other wives.

dunmovynivdunmovynivover 2 years ago

Ok. So what happened to Ellen having a bad abortion and subsequent hysterectomy? At the end she is implying they get pregnant………. Major plot flaw, minus one star on a four star story, otherwise. ( 5 is not possible since the story is a remake using portions from the original.). 3 stars

BlueEyd2BlueEyd2over 2 years ago

Besides the inconsistency with Ellen and having more children, why did Jim not throw Linda out? Why did he let the BS continue when he knew they were still seeing each other. Makes no sense other than to have a dramatic 'being servered' at the court house. Having an affair at home with the kids upstairs was grounds for possible expulsion from the house and more. Don't get it.

dark2donut2dark2donut2over 2 years ago

Another wank after idiotic story that all "writers" without ideas keep on harping as they cannot come up with their own plot. I went through two pages until I realized this dunce has made 13 pages of it ! Jesus, what a garbage.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Way too long, just ridiculous. And why is it that so many writers overuse the "it didn't mean anything" excuse. This was flat out dumb, the wife must be a sociopath if she thinks walking out on her husband on their special night to fuck some strange means nothing. Entire story could have been 3 pages.

nixroxnixroxover 2 years ago

1 star - Way too much BS. Talk about another LA LA Land Fantasy.

The only thing I find interesting about this rendition are the 316 comments. I think it would be a great exercise for some younger person to count the positive and negative responses generated by all the various re-hashed Feb.-Sucks attempts. Inquiring minds need to know.

Why would any normal man allow the cheating, skanky, slut back into the house - EVER? Why wasn't Linda kicked to the curb and made to stay with her parents? When did Linda get her STD paperwork? Linda should never have been allowed anywhere near the kids, until she had the final results of the STD, HIV, plus HEP-C tests. That would have taken at least 6 months.

How can a misdemeanor vehicle damage charge <$500.00 warrant a hearing in Superior Court - that should have been 2 minutes in traffic court? Judge Judy could have presided.

The questions are endless trying to make any sense out of this rendition, let alone the pathetic original story by GA.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Actually, a good story. It is a stretch, but could happen. Had Linda done that to me, she wouldn't come back in the house and Marc would have been an extremely sorry man. Why would she tell Jim she loved him, then continue with that asshole, even telling him she loved him. As I said, she's awful lucky she wasn't my wife, and she proved she's a WHORE!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

That was a great read my friend. To all your negative critics all I say is "you really need to go back to grade school and reacquaint yourselves with the terms fiction and non fiction".

Now.....that said Mr Dylanthomaslives, please write the same story only this time from Linda's perspective. You can do it, go for it!

Thanks!

servant111servant111over 2 years ago

Good sequel. Thoughtful and well written.

servant111servant111over 2 years ago

Second or third time I have reread this one. Really outstanding job... Probably the best addon to one of the most disturbing original stories. You are a great author and this one fully deserves the 5 stars I gave it. I particularly enjoyed the subtle way you handled the confrontation between Linda and Ellen. It was dead solid perfect and reflected the confrontation between Linda the cheating slut wife masquerading as a loving wife...and the true class lady Ellen. This kind of framing and understatement are the hallmarks of a really exceptional writer. Congratulations on a job well done

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I loved this version! One of the best. As to the it was othing comments, those are from the original and needed to be there to capture the angst and injustice. The hysterectomy inconsistency is minor and given this author has one story, I think it's totally forgivable. I keep reading these versions, looking for sufficient revenge for the guy and this one delivered.

Unrealistic, sure. The first was too, but do is much of what we watch or read. It's fiction.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Hysterectomy inconsistency? Ever hear of adoption?

In this version Linda is truly a rotten slut. No need for her version as it's pretty well spelled out... Insisting she wasn't changed and the marriage wasn't, that Jims hurt really shouldn't change him was just delusional. I think I know some women like that.

Long winded. The ending was a little flat.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

He shouldnhave confronted her with the texts and lying when he caught her. He shouldnhave pretended to make up and when everyone was the burn her in front of her family

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Damn good

MeredithXMeredithXover 2 years ago

This is a re-post of my original (long) review with slight edits. I'm not reposting it 'cause my review was so good, but because this page squeezes out vertical spacing and makes lengthy reviews difficult to read. (Even I couldn't read it.) So I've added blank lines in my own crude fashion.

.

* * * * *

.

I didn't care for GeorgeAnderson's original story to begin with, and I've already said so in my review of that piece. My issue — then and now — was with the premise that anchored the entire narrative: the idea that Linda would disregard her marriage and family and the very person she was purported to be on a mere whim — spontaneously, publicly, brazenly and shamelessly — with no plausible explanation. Then not only would she arrive home and gloat about it, but she would actually seem to assume that Jim would accept her explanation, after which their relationship would carry on as it always had. This concept was utterly preposterous, and it made the rest of the story (which was just getting started, really) a pointless exercise.

.

I understand that spouses have affairs, and I understand that there can be complicated explanations for them, especially among women. More important, I also understand that affairs don't play out as described in "February Sucks" and almost all of its alternate renditions. The only way I would have accepted the original storyline would have been if GeorgeAnderson had eventually revealed an unforeseen backstory — that there was more to Linda’s behavior than we had initially thought, something that had portended what Jim (and their eight supposed friends) witnessed at the dance club. But did that happen? Not even close.

.

I'm not the only one who recognized this, and I know of at least two alternate versions (by Kalimaxos and MattblackUK) that addressed the core flaw of the original. In their stories, those authors revealed that Linda and Marc had already met one another well before the events at the dance club — in fact, they had already initiated affairs. In their versions, the dance-club incident was a sideshow for public consumption (albeit for different reasons and with different results). The foundations of those stories actually MADE SENSE. (What a concept.)

.

So then we have "January Sucks." It actually doubles down on the original, so we're back to the same question: Why on earth is Linda behaving this way? Dear God, why can't the author try to explain that to us? Instead, in this version, Linda comes across as an irrational psycho, to whit ...

.

The story reuses the contrite "post-Ellen" letter that Linda leaves for Jim that expresses regret for everything that had happened and, for the first time, shows vestiges of empathy. But the Linda in this story has neither regret nor empathy, so why did this author reuse that letter at all, especially where it's placed? In the original, Linda's "come-to-Jesus" letter was near the end of the story, and it marked her realization of the true gravity of her conduct. But in this story, that letter marked nothing of the kind, which, of course, makes no sense at all. How do we know this? Here's how ...

.

'Cause just one night before, Linda had been screwing Marc (again), this time in her own house. Then, the next night — after Jim had read the letter — Linda was on the phone with Dee pondering both repairing her marriage AND future hook-ups with Marc. In the same conversation.

.

Finally, that same night, Linda's on the phone telling Marc (among other things) that he's "a better man than Jim in almost every way" and that she's in love with him. Really? She hardly knows Marc. Yet somehow this dialog is juxtaposed with the letter where she poured her heart out to Jim the very same day.

.

How are we to reconcile all this? It's as if the author had woven together different elements and ideas but ignored the whole. The narrative takes the concept of "continuity errors" to a bizarre level.

.

I understand duplicity, but how 'bout revealing to to us what Linda's really up to? Instead, we're just left befuddled. I know I was.

.

I'd like to say this story went off the rails, but since it robotically followed the original premise, it was never actually on any rails. And why keep teasing about the sex video in the house but never telling us what it actually showed? This story was about 50,000 words, but the video somehow remained a secret. There wasn't room for, I dunno, one more paragraph?

.

Finally, there's hardly any resolution. So Linda gets served with divorce papers, and Jim eventually marries Ellen (who had been a paid escort in the original). Linda had already made a mockery of her marriage, so divorce was hardly a plot twist. And Ellen was an undeveloped character in whom we had no emotional investment, so Jim "finding happiness" with her was hardly satisfying. (Yes, I understand that Jim never would have met Ellen had it not been for Linda's antics, but the irony still lacks genuine power.)

.

And why didn't Linda find a new life of luxury with Marc? We're told they "belonged together … everyone could see that." So what happened? What probably happened is that Marc was a narcissistic womanizer who was screwing several other women while he was wooing Linda. But is that explained to us? Again, nothing.

.

"January Sucks" was a lot of work, I appreciate that, and it was actually an impressive first effort (too much effort, actually, 'cause the pace desperately needed to be tightened up). So for that reason I gave it three respectable stars. But the flaws in the storyline were somehow worse than in the original. Before publication, this story needed a third party to point out the inconsistencies, because I don't think the author even recognized them.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

After the affair at Morrisons, when Linda came home and went to come in the house, she wouldn't get in, and would be the worse for wear, before she got better. Asshole wold have paid dearly, probably with his life. Ellen's little finger was better than slut Linda, if she had 2 bodies. Ellen cried when the kids called her"mom", and proved she loved them and was their mother, unlike slut Linda who took off for California...

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Well... this was certainly no short story. I did give it a 3, but I think the wife’s reaction to the whole thing was a little unbelievable. First off, her parents( normal) friends, Co- workers ALL would have been on her, to pull her head out of her azz. Confronted with the reality of losing her husband and family, would have made herself distance from Mark. The fact she didn’t do that, or had any real turmoil about it, made this story unbelievable in my opinion. AND it was waaaay too loooong.

Last- the first time Mark felt heat from the press, he would have never contacted her again. Him continuing to involve himself, just dug a deeper hole, and would not have been tolerated by his handlers.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I agree with what MeredithX had to say. There was nothing in this story, to rationally explain why, wifey publicly left her husband. Nothing to explain WHY she wanted to continue to see Mark, and try to keep her family life the same. As George Carlin once said “women are crazy, and men are stupid. And the reason women are crazy, is because men are stupid” I guess, we will never really understand each other. 3 stars.

BabalooieBabalooieover 2 years ago

Before I said, "OK." I'm upgrading this to "Well done."

Fiddlesticks49Fiddlesticks49over 2 years ago

Good story, really liked it. 4 stars

inka2222inka2222over 2 years ago

This is on of the two best continuations of the original I read so far (and I read most of them). And 100% #1 best "realistic" one (that did not involve ninja like soldiers).

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 2 years ago

this is one of the better version. divorce was and is the only option

AlexBrockAlexBrockover 2 years ago

This is I think the best version.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

What continuation? The original had an ending, why did it need a continuation? 1*

underdog1underdog1over 2 years ago

Of all the different versions of this story I think this one is the best. It is in my opinion the one that I can see most likely to actually happen. I am sure others differ in their beliefs but again I liked it. Keep writing!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I hesitated to begin this story because of the 13 pages. The others did it in 3-6 pages. But I started it and became swept up in it. Good job. 4 stars.

dgfergiedgfergieover 2 years ago

excellent story for your first and only, almost as good as the original!

SarahwithloveSarahwithloveover 2 years ago

Bravo. Excellent work and very well written. I can't wait for more from you. This story is so heartbreaking. I hope nobody would ever have to deal with something like this. I never would (although Jimmy Garappolo is mighty fine), but I am pretty sure my husband could beat him down.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Damn you had me going for minute. I thought for sure you were going to let him go back to linda.😂

Thank you for not doing that.

Over all a good story but some advice from me a reader would be that you should trim down your story a little. To much fluff and broken recordness. 4⭐

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Great story I think the length was good everything you wrote, needed to be said. LP

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

The author considered two separate endings for this story - one in which Linda is caught fucking Marc after her return home and one in which she lies for him in court. Apparently unable to choose between them, the author elected to use both. That unfortunate decision lead the plot into absurdity. The mere idea Jim would drive away from his own home (and children) leaving Marc inside it with the slut is ludicrous. The idea he would speak to her at all after watching the video tape of them fucking that night is nonsensical. The entire courtroom scene would never have happened. A greedy author makes for a spoiled story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Jim should have taken that tire iron to Marc, and hurt him badly, or worse. When his whore came out the door he should have given her the same, citing, he as scared for his life. THEN, marry Ellen, the lady that deserved his children.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Well, I kinda thought that he and Linda would get back together again especially after that last letter where she was really sorry that she did all that she did. At the end it was a lie but it sure looked like they would get it together. The author did make a mistake, Ellen could not have children as she had a hysterectomy, so the ending of her asking about children was wrong. Of course, they could adopt or have someone as a surrogate. The readers had no idea that he was really going to serve the divorce papers. Better than most such versions of the story.

FaceForRadioFaceForRadioabout 2 years ago

One of the best alternative “February Sucks” versions. This story could have happened as described. As a 15-year veteran of talk radio, the radio station scene was spot on in its details. Only beef I have is that while Jim was proactive throughout the story, all of a sudden when he has concrete evidence of Linda cheating in his OWN HOME, he did nothing except stew even more. This is the one part of the story that doesn’t fit; even though it reveals Linda as a class-A lier and a schemer as well as a cheat, Jim takes this affront in stride. Would have been a great opportunity for Jim to put Linda in her place (verbally of course) once and for all!

pummel187pummel187about 2 years ago

i think it was Karl Marx that said :

"She's always a woman to me" or it could have been Billy Joel

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanabout 2 years ago

4 1/2 as some items were over looked, forgotten about. Thought Ellen said she couldn't have kids?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Hemorrhagic shock. Sepsis. And finally, hysterectomy

Do you think it's too soon to begin talking about more kids?"

A bit inconcesitant story line.

rn2711rn2711about 2 years ago

Good story but I feel DTL went to far with Linda visiting the children only 3 times a year. It's completely out of character. DTL tried too much to show the bitch was burned.

I agree with other comments there is inconsistency with Ellen being able to bare kids.

Also, why was Mark served?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

1 - Adoption

2 - Fostering

3 - Surrogate pregnancy (Based on her age and the reason, her ovaries were not likely to be removed.)

4 - Uterus transplant (Very rare, but possible)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

VerdugoHills1968 - I agree! Based on his previous misuse of the police to document things, I expected him to call and report a prowler at that address so the police would check the house and note who was there.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

There seems to be one thing all of these sequels do not address. Linda's sense of entitlement and her narcissism. LaVallieri's arrogance does not exceed Linda's. She never suffers enough.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

For your first story it was written very well. First off, I don't contribute stories here, and in my opinion, the others that comment below don't either. You had the balls to finally write a story, or at least add to an existing one. I look forward to reading more from you!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

excellent story in this sequel.

congrats to author. start writing more stories.

Buster2UBuster2Uabout 2 years ago

5 stars to writer. A little long but I love Happy Endings! The only thing left out would be "and they all lived happily ever after" that is except Linda and Asshole. But She was the one that trashed the marriage Not Jim. He had a happy stable life prior to Lavierre picking up his wife. Of which Lavierre is lucky to have lived thru this episode. Myself I've may have shared all my women all my life but it was always my Idea. I've also always been a Very Violent Fucker. If My Wife left me in a club like that would have resulted lavierre's meeting his maker when I found him later that night. Jim was a nice guy, There are alot of Not so Nice Guys around that wouldn't even have second thought about blowing Lavierre's brains out. Chance are he'd run into someone sooner or later that would end his fun!

DeanofMeanDeanofMeanabout 2 years ago

Dam i think i must have ready 50 or more of these i think this is if not the top minum top 5 though i would love to see one that focused on the group dynamic

012Say012Sayabout 2 years ago

I have to comment. I too, wrote a follow to GA's original. It is a fascinating tale. Linda is a person not worthy of all the attention we have given her. The large contingent of readers in this section demand revenge on all who harm the protagonist. It doesn't matter how extreme the action - the perpetrators must go down. I tend not to look for ways to avenge, because in my mind a person, like Linda, is not worth the effort. Further, it is too damn difficult to think of actual things a person might be able to do (without being an ex-seal, mage, or sociopath. You found a set of actions which are plausible and would have the intended impact. You also got to show that Linda, indeed deserved, the bad treatment she received. Your tale is well written and well thought-out.

As an author you put in more effort than (my opinion) a real-life Linda deserved. However, it is not real life it is fiction and as a reader, I enjoyed every ounce of the effort you put into it. Well done! (of course, 5 from me)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Wow, Linda is a real sociopath here. Good, but waited for heated confrontation, but this will do too.

Big_Tim99Big_Tim99almost 2 years ago

In almost every version of this I have read, I wish for Dee to be run over by a bus.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Spectacular ending to GA's story. There are two endings that stand out to me and this is one. I agree that many readers vote for revenge upon the perpetrators. For anyone who has experienced a situation where a spouse has betrayed their mate in such a calloused manner, I feel like they have every right to wish the worst upon them. I think Linda received everything she deserved in this one, death, disfigurement, and Mexican whorehouses are piling on. Great job.

usaretusaretalmost 2 years ago

Very difficult to read whenever I skipped thru the italics to your writings. But nevertheless the ending was a good effort, satisfied my desire for some type of justice.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

An admirable 1st attempt. However, I found your story much too long. 13 pages?

-- There was much too ;much reliance on previous stories, as evidenced by the Italics. That alone probably added a good 4-5 pages. I'm not saying don't use them at all - with permission - but, as an example, your 1st 1 1/2 pages was from the original. Not needed.

-- I did like Jim going to the newspapers mostly, the radio talk show 2ndly. It showed the "I'm mad & not gonna take it anymore" attitude.

-- I didn't like the extended conversations. After hearing the tapes, Jim started becoming a bit nastier, letting her know he knows some things. When she canceled a dinner so later she could be with Marc, he should've canceled the next 2- 3 dinners, allowing a dinner inbetween.

-- Jim's seeing Marc in his house, but afterwards never confronts Linda about it. In conversation, all he had to do was ask her if Marc enjoyed the wine, admitting nothing else.

-- In the courtroom, after Linda took Marc's side insofar as Jim restitution's concerned, Jim should've just told her: "You're taking his side again & lying? We're through."

-- Lastly, while Marc got his handed to him, losing playing football/ sponsorships/ reputation, Linda hardly suffered. Jim should've also let her know that he's aware of her being & wanting to be with Marc. In all the discussions, this didn't happen.

-- Getting an editor would greatly help. However, being your 1st attempt, & relatively decent at that, AND after taking out a lot of the borrowed sentences, I liked the story. Figure out YOUR story & write it; again, some borrowing is accepted, but not as much as here. But. for this 1st attempt 3 stars. -- Bob

buzzsawlennybuzzsawlennyalmost 2 years ago

How did his skank wife think lying on him in court was gonna help reconcile their marriage .....

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Read several sequals to the GA original. This is the best.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Could of been a 5 star but it's only 4 star because you built everything up very well but rushed with the ending and ruined everything.

You could of spaced out the "rain fire" on the scumbags, have some consequences come up on the so called friends, some more shame and public humilation on the cheaters, a bit more on the epilogue for the new family and maybe even a 10-20 years later epilogue.

So much talent yet so much wasted potential

6King6Kingalmost 2 years ago

More kids? Pretty sure I read that wasn't possible for Ellen. Maybe that's just another victim of the rushed ending? Clarification about that statement was a big miss. Thankfully I read the comments first, as always, and also skipped all the "italic" ..... let's just be kind call it landfill? ⭐⭐⭐1/2

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

OVERLONG AND TEDIOUS. Still wondering how does someone "bid a hasty retreat"...?

JackDancerJackDanceralmost 2 years ago

A lot to unpack, but I will try and keep my thoughts concise. I certainly understand your desire to "re-write" this one. I too was frustrated with certain aspects of the original. That said, while GeorgeAnderson does have a few BTB stories on his shelf, he seems to lean toward redemption. It's not always neat, and the villains of the stories don't always suffer as much as our own vindictive souls would like, I think that adds a more realistic touch to the whole thing. I enjoyed the read, and I hope it gives you a bit of peace.

mfbridgesmfbridgesalmost 2 years ago

Most likely best sequel I've read to date.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Garbage 0 STARS why is it that so many writers on LW make the Men out to be such wimp ass cowardly pussies, I think it is a reflection of themself, to stand idly by and watch and listen to enemies attack and betray them just so sad. If actions are not brought to light they and the ones who perform them will continue to repeat them, a real man would have confronted every betrayal doing this would have stopped him from being humiliated and betrayed over and over again, sure it could have ended the relationship, it definatly would end the abuse, diisrespect, and humiliation .... Stop writing men as such wimp ass pussies, cuckholds are made up just like futas they only exist in fantasy, only man hating women and self hating homos believe in them!!!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I very much enjoyed this. Thank you.

If you have more to offer, I'll read it.

NitpicNitpicalmost 2 years ago
Spoilt

Spoilt by the length,far too long for what it was.

Buster2UBuster2Ualmost 2 years ago

15 days ago a comment was made "why do so many writers on LW make the men out to be such whimp ass cowardly pussie"? I know the answer! It is because that is what the head folks want!. I have written a half dozen stories that showed men acting like men. Kicking ass and taking names. They just keep rejecting them. I wrote an alternate ending for this very story myself. Where Jim was an X president of a very big and bad motorcycle club. Because of what LaValliere did he was kicked in the nuts by every member of the club! Do you think the LW mgmt would ever publish that? not a chance! So that is the scoop my friend. 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

WONDERFUL STORY. Linda and asshole should both have been beaten nearly to death, or worse. The world would be better without that trash in it!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Hysterectomy? Doesn't that make child bearing a serious challenge?

JBird11JBird11over 1 year ago

Great job really enjoyed. The fact Linda lied in court for him, while it was already passed saving was just another step. Also, thank you, I have been waiting for someone to use her write up of events against her in the divorce, he had a play by play and this is the first story I've read where they use that. Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Yep, Linda learned nothing and that's what she won. A big pot of nothing. No husband, no lover, and no more dignity.

All she had to do was stick up for her husband over her lover...one time. And she failed miserably. She can't ever apologize for it. It's one thing to fuck her marriage, but she almost sent this man to jail...and that would have damaged his chances with his kids. You fuck with a man's kids, even a gentle and forgiving man will turn into your worst nightmare.

This ending makes sense. For Linda to do what she did....the spell had to be that powerful. For her to toss aside a near perfect husband for a cocky jocky. She didn't take a risk, she torched her marriage. It wasn't a secret affair behind closed doors. It was "In your face" cheating. That tells me she's got some really fucked priorities...the way the original tale was told. So kudos for keeping Linda as psychotic or self destructive as she was originally written.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

13 pages from a new writer, on a version of a story that many are deeply sick of?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

What a waste of time, continuous garbage, with wimp cuck mc. Grow some god dam balls you faggots.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I've read every alternate to the Feb Sucks series and this is a good one.

I was a little disappointed not to see some confrontation to her plan B life of a lif with Marc if she got divorced. The tryst with Dee might have assumed that but it think it would have helped "btb" fans if Marc dumped her like a hot potato.

It also seamed like our hero had reached his limit with every phone call/text and encounter but I guess we all get week in the knee with those we love.

I was on the edge of my seat to see if she would purger herself. Boy talk about a dumb move.

Well done!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I have read this story in several different locations on literotica. Its just a story, but has a message to women and to men. Addressing wives and husbands. Wives if you love your husbands, then never let snake like this piece of shit mark laville in this story tempt you. Stay true to ypur husband and your vows. Husbands if you love your wives, when a snake like mark laville approaches ypu as a couple, you act immediately and intervene in his actions. While you may embarrase your spouse or a group, its worth it to stop these snakes getting what they want. I have shut down a couple of these in my life carefully without creating scenes. Watch body actions, never let him get his hands on your wife abd never let him have a private conversation with her. If Jim would have just went and cut i on the dance, he vould have taken his wife back to the room or home and dealt with her in private. She needed a good ass chewing for even accepting the offer to dance after she had turned down a friend and stated she was only dancing with her husband. Women arent like men. Tbey are entirely controlled by their emotions and absolutely do what they accuse men of all the time about thinking with their dick. Women think with their cunts just as much or more thsn men do with their dicks. They are just more coy about it. Linda deserved just what she got in tbis piece of fiction!!!!.

UpperNorthLeftUpperNorthLeftover 1 year ago

5 stars. One of the very best of the alternative endings to this classic story. The hysterectomy does make additional children a bit problematic, but as one anonymous commenter has previously pointed out, there are a number of options, including fostering, adoption, use of a surrogate (with Ellen’s eggs) and uterine transplant. A quick PubMed search suggests that uterine transplantation is a lot more successful than I was aware. I was a bit astonished to read one recent review of 5 years of uterus transplants in the US (JAMA Surg 2022;157(9):790-797) in which the authors found a 74% uterine graft survival at 1 year. Of those, more than 80% achieved at least one live birth. And of course, in the universe of fiction, the success rate of uterine transplants can be even higher. :)

parenthesisparenthesisover 1 year ago

Thanks for a great story and thanks to UpperNorthLeft for an insightful and helpful comment!

SatyrDickSatyrDickover 1 year ago

[19.11.22]

I usually pass over stories over 10 pages and especially 'Loving Wives' ones...buuut this one kept my attention and I really enjoyed this take on a 'chestnut' like Feb Sucks.

11/10!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Two stars, using parts from original story in the middle of you own writing was awful, I dunno why everyone is praising it, but for me story felt illogical

Mikeb81Mikeb81over 1 year ago

Absolutely the best alternate ending to this story I have read. Great job.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Your ending story was somewhat dragged out and lengthy, but a very good and comprehensive ending. A lot of attention to detail that did drag out the story, but still very good.

Sadly, there was not enough legal retribution to Marc and the team.

Also, it seemed that Ellen was no longer able to have children but the ending statement about more kids made it confusing - unless adoption?

There were a few other idiosyncrasies scattered throughout as well.

We did enjoy your overall alternate storyline.

Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Best of the alternate endings.

JimmyThePlungerJimmyThePlungerover 1 year ago

Excellent, when I saw 13 pages I just hoped that I would not face a long road to a crap ending. By page 11 I wanted Linda to meet a really sticky end, the treacherous bitch.

Endings are particularly difficult to get right and I thought it all became just a bit rushed to finally get there. That said a really good story, well written and I hope you write more here. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Well it was straightforward since this Linda didn't just slut around one night with Marc but fell in love with him and stayed with him for an extended period and oh yeah lied in court. So yeah this made it a slam dunk.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

one of the top 5-10 follow ups to feb sucks. Issues; thought Ellen said shed had a hysterectomy following botched abortion? the inferences are that linda fucked lavaliere the evening that mc evesvoyeured the house from the back, but never confirmed. Why was Linda trying so hard to stay married or have life go on w/ hubby when she had so little respect for him and loved the sex w/ football thug? considering a boring safe dependable life vs exciting great sex, more comfortable money wise life w/ a cheating stud? finally when she came back from her, at that time, one night stand, she claimed she hadnt changed and that was probably a factual truth, she hadnt loved her hubby or respected his sexual skills before the affair and still didnt after. rk

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Exceptional writing...especially as a "first" follow up.

Nicely done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I had a very difficult time rating this one. There were many things wrong with it, but the author did a fantastic job of weaving the original into his companion piece. I was very impressed with his ability to do so. Not many could, I believe. Secondly, he clearly stated up front that he would identify GA's original work from his, and he did. Unlike many idiots who plagiarized GA's work and took credit for writing a great story that in reality had only a few paragraphs of new text. He definitely gets points for that!

On the other hand, the author had a tendency to spend excruciating detail on superfluous details, while recording very salient points as if he were writing a two-page report as opposed to a creative story. Frankly, trying to read his criminal court hearing scene was tortuous. I mean it was a misdemeanor vandalism case, not the Lindbergh Kidnapping trial. It was wholly unnecessarily long and detailed.

Also, this author like most of the 6,000 others who wrote follow-ups, missed entirely the point of GA's exercise. He clearly identified in his author's note at the beginning. These were normal women who told him they would take a celebrity hall pass and their husband could take it or leave it. DTL turned Linda into a cheating, manipulative, abusive, lying shrew so he, and the other February Sucks haters, could make themselves feel better about the woman in their lives. The Linda character had to be different than their woman, right?

Every commentor who raked GA over the coals did so because their fragile egos couldn't handle the truth, that their woman didn't 100% worship the ground the husband's walked on. They couldn't fathom that their loving wives would even have a sexual thought about another man.

For me that is why GA's story stands out. He made both Jim and Linda seem normal. He clearly identified the struggle both went through trying to get back to "normal."

GA clearly indicated, despite all the protestations about the story being a RAAC, that they didn't get back to normal, even though they stayed together.

Now, again to his credit, DTL stated up front that was exactly what he was doing. Most of the other follow-up author's weren't even smart enough to understand why they were writing their story.

In the end, I gave this story a 4* rating. The author is a good writer. I hope he will write an original story to better showcase his talent.

RuttweilerRuttweilerover 1 year ago
Not a fan of hate

You ‘improved’ the original by making the MC nastier and more vengeful. This fits in with the general tenor of rage and revenge so popular here.

I believe Mr. Anderson wrote the original to goad the reader population into a frenzy of righteous fury. He has certainly succeeded. Many of the ‘alternate’ tales are among the first stories the novice writers have attempted. I see this as a direct consequence of the unsettling nature of the original.

Almost all of the ‘sequels’ (?) greatly ramp up the retribution and sometimes, the violence. Most of the sequels also make Linda a much worse person than she was portrayed to be in the original story. To me, that is the most telling aspect of this entire arc. Many of the writers want Linda to be a worse person, as it seems that most of the writers are really angry at women in general.

The MCs ultimate happiness really doesn’t enter into the bulk of the stories. It seems that a lot of the guys here are happiest when they’re miserable.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Loved it. Thanks.

Ed

2112literotica2112literoticaover 1 year ago

I think it was written well. I do agree with one of the commenters who stated the MC went into too much detail on things that didn’t help the story.

I liked this POV. The wife and the friends were all pigs. He is better off without all of them. The bitch of a wife was put out where she belonged. The kids were the MC’s main concern and that’s how things ended up. Great different take on this story. 5+

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 1 year ago

You really should write more

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

One of the best follow ups to George Andersons tale. The only hicup was too much irrelevant information that really was just fill in writing and hurt the flow of the story. It had nothing to do with what was going on in the story...5 stars...JZK

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The “Mormon” (not the correct name) women in Salt Lake City would never even meet Marc! They don’t go to dance clubs. They don’t drink alcohol, they don’t dance with men besides their husbands, and they are NOT friends with sluts like Dee!!!

As for the men in Utah, well, a great many of them are carrying a concealed gun everywhere they go. To a man who considers himself married for all eternity, the slightest hint by another man that his wife might be unfaithful is a grave insult. As in, he needs to apologize, and walk away, or I’ll plant you in your grave right now. Husbands there don’t have to worry about charges for defending their wives and marriages. A jury of peers would give a medal to a man who draws down on a snake!

ZK

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous