Jasmine and the Argonaut Pt. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"So I can't even wear my own dress?" I say.

"Not until it is checked, no. I'm sorry, we've let you down. I should have known to have a backup set of clothes for you. I'm new to these dirty games too."

I explain my plan to Harper, who listens carefully. He goes thoughtful for a while before going into the corridor to make a telephone call. Ellen returns laden with the items I requested just as Harper completes his call.

The next half-hour is a whirlwind of activity inside the dormitory. To my surprise neither Harper nor Ellen oppose my decision to take personal responsibility for my costume tonight. Their comments are helpful and supportive as my costume takes shape. A few additions thanks to Harper's telephone call help to perfect my outfit. By the time my make-up is applied I really feel on fire. I complete my preparations by sliding the emerald ring onto my finger. A new wave of confidence sweeps through me. I had previously complained of being a marionette in tonight's show, dancing to other people's tunes. No more; now I really feel in control.

Ellen places a large cape over my shoulders which completely hides my costume. A deliberate ruse devised by Harper to foil the paymasters of the saboteur. If they believe I'm wearing the studio dress, then it's unlikely they will attempt any other act against me. It also allows me the element of surprise when I finally reveal my costume.

"Are you wearing those shoes?" asks Ellen, pointing to the training shoes I've been wearing all afternoon. Apart from the cape, it is the only part of my clothing that is visible.

"Only for now," I reply. The shoes that matched the outfit are quarantined with the dress.

Harper escorts me to the studio. Ellen left a few minutes before us. They aren't allowed backstage, so they'll will be watching from their seats in the audience. The show has already begun. Each batch of five contestants spends about five minutes being paraded around the stage, at which point the audience vote for one of them to be interviewed. The chosen contestant is then interviewed for about five minutes, before rejoining the others on a platform at the rear of the stage.

While I was changing, Ellen told me about the nature and scale of the underhand tricks that are tolerated by the Argonaut's officials. The guiding rule is that unless a contestant shows unexplained signs of physical injury, or is unable to stand unaided, the officials won't undertake any serious investigation into any skulduggery. Providing that unwritten rule is observed, any amount of doping and intimidation is tolerated, and no investigation will be conducted into claims of sabotage. Had the saboteur of my dress succeeded in his mission, then his paymaster would have been secretly congratulated for a masterful stroke. The poor victim is such cases is left to rue their misfortune.

I join the other four contestants in the eighth batch at the studio, and we are soon escorted into a large room where the ten contestants from the preceding two batches are waiting to be called onto the stage. Most are simply standing about nervously. A few are making last minute alterations to their costume. Everything is done under the watchful eye of two of the television studio crew.

On one side of the room is a large screen displaying the show being broadcast from this building. The overbearing hosts, lead by Darrian, are amusing the audience with anecdotes and recollections from previous Argonauts. In between segments, a batch of five contestants are brought out and paraded around the large stage, before standing on a raised platform at the rear of the stage.

I'm busy watching the screen, so I don't notice Patrick approaching me until he is virtually on top of me.

"I just wanted to wish you good luck tonight, Jasmine," says Patrick.

"You too, Patrick," I reply.

It's the only opportunity I get to say anything to Patrick before his group is called onto the stage. I study each contestant's costume as they make their final preparations, focusing mainly on the women. Most of their outfits are colourful evening dresses. That means they will be hoping to impress the same employers; the ones who like to hire young women who look sweet and pretty. A couple women in their mid-twenties are a bit more daring in showing their cleavage. They may impress a different segment of the audience, although I'm sure that segment will have more than its fair share of perverts.

As for me, I've no idea which employers I might attract. Will the audience admire my hastily designed costume, or will I be laughed at and mocked? To be honest, I don't care. My real goal tonight is to wrong-foot my powerful rivals. My imaginary warrior princess who is guiding me tells me I'm doing the right thing.

---------------------------------------

Chapter 13: A special treat

---------------------------------------

I have nearly twenty minutes to wait before it is my group's turn on stage. Since none of the contestants in the room are being very talkative, I focus on watching the show on the huge screen. It also enables me to avoid talking to Chloe, who is in the last batch of contestants. I adjust my opinion of some of the contestants as they take their turn in the spotlight.

Finally my group is called onto the stage. I wait until the last minute before removing my cape, and make the final adjustments to my costume. I may not be wearing Ellen's great-aunt Sophie's costume exactly as she once wore it, but it is close enough for my younger and inexperienced body. Ellen said this would be the first time in thirty years that the Jewels of Desire have been worn, and I'm determined to do the costume justice. Thanks to Harper's tasteful additions, the costume is now suitable to be worn in public. I'm not showing as much bare flesh as the original costume left displayed. While near-nudity isn't frowned on by the upper echelons of the city, it most certainly is at home. My modified costume is decent by my home settlement's standards, but only just.

Chloe's exclamation as I reveal my costume confirms that I will certainly attract plenty of attention tonight. What the audience won't get to see is the hidden secret of the Jewels of Desire. The design of the costume has one obvious purpose; sexual desire. The wearer uses her costume to titillate and excite the observer. What isn't immediately apparent to an observer is that the costume is also designed to arouse the wearer. The strangely shaped piece that fits over my cunt, rubs against my clit in a very sensual way. Of course I could adjust the piece to prevent it from arousing me, but having decided to wear the Jewels of Desire, I fully intend to do so properly, within acceptable bounds. Besides, it will help me quell my nerves during the interview, should I be selected.

I remove my shoes and take a few practice walks about the room. The initial discomfort is soon replaced by a more pleasant feeling. Within moments I feel every bit the part that I look; an extremely desirable young woman. I don't care if some of the audience think me worse than a whore. This costume transforms me and I like the rebel it makes me.

"... thank you Patrick and to group seven," says Darrian as he concludes his interview with Patrick, who has rejoined the group preceding mine on the raised platforms. "And now ladies and gentlemen I've just received word that we are all in for a special treat. I'm informed that the next group contains a contestant wearing a most unusual costume. Let's show our appreciation as group eight take to the stage."

As I step out from the wings and onto the stage, the polite applause given to every contestant suddenly erupts into gasps, cheers and thunderous applause. The audience is going wild by the time I reach half way across the stage. For once the hosts are torn between savouring the sight of me and calming the audience. The effect on me is almost as powerful as the emotional trip Paulo took me on last night. If it is possible to have an orgasm while walking about on a stage, then I think I just had one.

The audience loves my demonstration, unaware my movements are stimulating me as well. By the time the audience is called on to vote, I'm in a highly charged sexual state. I stand still so as not to tip my already sensitive body into another orgasm. I don't know how many of the audience are watching me, but I feel as though hundred of eyes are watching my every move. The idea of being watched only excites me even more. Perhaps I shouldn't be surprised that my costume has earned me an on-screen interview. The other four contestants in my batch look relieved that they have avoided being picked. They will still be interviewed, but in the peace and quiet of a private room, later this evening.

"Well, what a sight for sore eyes you are, Jasmine my dear," says Darrian once the audience has calmed enough to make conversation possible. "What an exquisite costume. You have certainly excelled yourself."

"I'm glad you like it," I reply to the compliments each of the show's hosts have heaped on my costume. "The costume isn't entirely original, and most pieces have a history. The larger two pieces once belonged to a famous dancer, and are known as the Jewels of Desire. The emerald ring is said to have once been the property of a warrior princess."

"Fascinating," says Darrian, as his eyes roam every part of my body.

In fairness to Darrian, he is very professional and manages to ask his questions despite the delectable eye candy within touching distance of his chair. Of course, being a good showman, he has me conclude my interview by asking me to parade my costume once more for the audience to admire. I do so with a daring I didn't think I had in me. The rubies on my costume catch the spotlights and sparkle. At the moment I feel like I'm on fire.

Half an hour later the tenth and final on-screen interview with Chloe concludes, and after a brief wrap-up by the hosts, the show ends. A thoughtful member of the studio crew has my cape and shoes waiting for me as the contestants file off the stage. All the contestants' helpers are waiting to bustle us away before any more foul-play can occur in the confusion. Paulo makes a point of coming over to me before he is whisked away.

"Well done, princess," he says as he slips a note into my hand. "And I like the costume."

"Thanks. You didn't so so bad yourself, professor," I reply, keeping up our private game.

Vincent keeps watch over me while the rest of our dormitory are gathered together. There are crowds everywhere and it would be easy to get waylaid. After my performance on stage, I'm just as much at risk from over-enthusiastic admirers as potential saboteurs. We make it back to the dormitory without incident. While we were at the studio, Harper has had my bed and belongings checked for any other traces of the chemical that was on my dress. It turns out the chemical was a skin irritant that would have left me scratching my way through the show. After a quick debriefing and congratulations all round, Patrick and I are left in peace. The others are given ten minutes to freshen up before being escorted downstairs for their interviews. Those of us who were interviewed on-screen have the rest of the night free. I read Paulo's note, which is an invitation to a party starting in just over an hour.

I take one last look in the mirror at myself wearing the Jewels of Desire. They are mine for tonight, and despite my exhaustion I'm reluctant to take them off. Ellen will collect them in the morning before all the contestants begin the first of a series of tests and challenges that make up the Argonaut event. I put on some light music and I gently dance to the rhythm. On impulse I adjust the pieces of my costume so the pieces play their diabolical, but wonderful, tricks to my senses. After a while I am contemplating joining Paulo's party. My common sense battles with my slutty urges.

[End of part 2]