All Comments on 'Jenny'

by auntirotickle

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
Rockyderek_caRockyderek_caover 13 years ago
Ok

Several believability issues, but your story. In love after what, 3 days??? Nice to see a black male character who isn't a crazed slave master nutjob. Every colored guy I know is a painfully normal decent guy.... Not the all to common manwhore we read about on this site.

estragonestragonover 13 years ago
Throw Out The Trolls

The problem is that a decent story attracts trolls like a beautiful ass attracts bedbugs. If you don't like it don't read it. If you can only write filth, you are testifying against yourself, and you should really take the Fifth. Now for criticism. Leave out the believability question: love is blind. In love in three days? I've been in love in less than three seconds (the current object of a less-than-three-second love has been my life partner for 38 years). Again, too much telling, not enough showing. But you have a clear writing style (although somewhat prolix), and you should keep working at it.

HarryHaversackersHarryHaversackersover 13 years ago
Doesn't work

A story taking place in the woods of South Carolina, with one of the principal characters a rural black man (well educated, mind you) written by a Limey, using British expressions and idioms, just doesn't cut it. Sorry...

glorialamuseglorialamuseover 13 years ago
Not Bad

Despite the believability aspect, the story was not bad, and after all it is fiction now is it not. I do live in South Carolina so that part was a hard sell for me. You could do with a bit more character development and detail. I did like it though.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Sweet, not sexy, but...

all stories needn't make you hard to entertain you. Rather fast in falling in love, but this is a story, after all - hell, in movies it only takes a day! Keep writing.

BraveStarrBraveStarrover 12 years ago

This was a great story. As I've observed here on other stories similarly themed, I really enjoy the same type of conclusion(and the events preceding it!) as you've penned. The fact that she wasn't married is a blessing; that way no-one has to go through a messy divorce. And marrying the one man who showed her kindess is the icing on the cake--as well as the four children that resulted. Keep writing! John.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
White BRde Runs Away to Marry Black Pig

She is happy now with 10 little piggies in her litter.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous