Jessica

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Michelle and Kylie joined me with their laptops, I guess just to keep me company. I put the TV on but barely watched it, Michelle sitting in an armchair, but Kylie practically snuggled into me at times. I'd always been her favourite male relative. I eventually gave in, wrapped an arm around her, kissed the top of her head. "We missed you," she said.

"It had been a while since we saw you, Chris," Michelle added.

"I know. Life has been, for want of a better word, shit."

"Are you going to stay?" Kylie wondered.

"I don't know. But I think going home is off the table for a while."

"Mum would love you to stay, Chris. She loves the hell out of you." I was surprised by the turn of phrase. Michelle smiled at me. "Please, you've always been her favourite nephew."

"Hmmm. There is Brian and Steven."

"Yeah, from her dickhead brother, who she's seen even less than your mother in the past five years. We're a dysfunctional family at best, Chris."

"How are you two?" I wondered, "I mean, apart from university."

"Well, I'm single as my ex-boyfriend couldn't handle long distance. And the fact a friend told me he was busy two-timing me with someone who lived down his street," Michelle replied, "Kind of puts me off wanting to date for a while."

"I'm single," Kylie said softly.

"You're far too young, cute and adorable to be dating, Kylie."

"I'm eighteen."

"Are you sure? Got any ID on you?" She met my eyes and started to giggle again. I always liked teasing her. She was eighteen but really didn't look it, apart from the boobs on her chest, at least. She closed her laptop and cuddled into my side. "Missed you guys too," I whispered.

"Shame Becky didn't come down. Would have been nice to have her company too. Just like the old days," Kylie said.

"Yeah. I think she wanted to come with me, but Mum would have put her foot down. Even though she's eighteen, I think if she'd joined me, Mum would have cut us both off. Plus, she's nearly done with school and exams. Not sure if she's heading to university or not."

"It's really that bad?" Michelle wondered. I just shook my head. I'd said everything I need to already. Going over it again would just piss me off. "I'll shoot her a text, see she's okay."

Jess walked in around lunchtime to find Kylie still snuggled into me, Michelle hard at work on her laptop. I wasn't doing anything, playing on my phone half the time, otherwise just content to relax. I was simply enjoying their presence. Jess met my eyes and smiled. "You guys hungry?"

"I can make lunch. At least I can do something," I said, "I mean, nothing more than sandwiches, but..."

"Can you operate a barbecue?"

"Last time I checked, I'm male," I lifted the front of my shorts, "Yep, male, Australian, over the age of eighteen. Of course I can operate a barbecue."

"Then you're on cooking duties tonight. I'll take care of lunch. I've got a tonne of meat in the freezer. I'll make sure to defrost some steaks and sausages. You cook those, I'll organise the rest with the girls."

It was amazing how quickly Jessica could prepare sandwiches, a small salad, a fruit bowl, and she offered me a cold beer at the same time, happily opening a can and enjoying one herself. Gesturing with her head, she added, "They're all outside eating their own lunch. I always eat in here, particularly with the girls being home and all."

"Well, the one thing I can offer is experience in fixing shit. I was an apprentice and had a full-time gig before shit hit the fan. If there's one thing I can do around here. Good with a wrench, a spanner, a screwdriver."

"So you're good with your hands?" Jessica asked. I met her eyes, and she had a smirk on her face, enough that I cleared my throat and felt myself blushed.

"Mum!" Michelle stated, blushing herself.

"What? Nothing wrong with a little innuendo with my favourite nephew."

I cleared my throat. "I like to think I have some talent, Jess."

A smile broke on her face. "Good to know, Chris. Good to know. You'll come in very... handy around here, I reckon."

Michelle groaned. "Jesus, get a room, you two." Kylie just chuckled to herself. Sitting next to me, she leaned against my shoulder. I knew all about her crush on me, and I didn't mind her affection. Jessica smiled at me again, pleased to see I got along so well with her daughters.

I did head outside after lunch for a wander around. The farm was enormous. Rows and rows of apple, pear, and orange trees, as far as the eye could see. Like most farms, she'd diversified over the years. In addition to fruit, she had enormous greenhouses where vegetables could be grown throughout the year. She kept some sheep but not in any great numbers, and also had chickens, only so she had fresh eggs.

Remembered a couple of the guys who had worked on the farm for a few years. She didn't have that many working for her. Much of the work was seasonal, so during the quiet periods, she had a couple of full-time workers. Other than that, she ran the farm herself, handling all the bookkeeping and financial things.

We eventually walked up and down the rows of trees together. It was a warm day compared to the previous, enjoying the sunshine on her faces. I kept chancing occasional glances in her direction. When she shuffled closed, taking my arm in her hands, it felt a little intimate. "Been a while since we had a young man on the farm," she said.

"As I said, sorry it's been so long between visits."

"You were living your own life, Chris. Too busy to see your old aunt."

"You're far from old, Jess. Far from old."

She was silent for a little while. "Really?"

"Absolutely. You're still a knockout, Jess." I had to clear my throat, not daring to look in her direction.

"Thank you, Chris," she finally whispered, "Nice to know someone appreciates me."

"Jess, half the time I hated leaving. I would have loved to stay here with you."

I was stopped and hugged tightly, so I wrapped my arms around her, returning the affection. I kissed her cheek before she rested her head against my chest. "Girl is bound to get the wrong idea, Chris," she finally joked.

"Perish the thought," I murmured.

Taking her hand, I led her back towards the farm, only letting it go when the house was in view. Couldn't go giving anyone the wrong impression. The girls were still in the living room, joining them again for a couple of hours, eventually sitting back and watching some Netflix before Jessica walked in, suggesting I get the food cooking.

I didn't actually have much skill, but I managed to not burn anything nor did I give anyone food poisoning. Steaks were cooked medium-rare, snags cooked properly, add some sides and trimmings, and we enjoyed a good meal. I sank a couple of beers, the girls opened a bottle of wine, and the conversation flowed easily. We avoided talking about home. I talked about what I'd been up to, the job I had enjoyed until Covid fucked everything, the fact I had kept on playing footy, the season now over. I was single, my last relationship having ended just before Covid hit.

Adjourning to the living room, this time Jessica ended up sitting next to me, cuddling into my side, as the two girls headed to their rooms, I guess to chat with friends and do whatever they did during an evening. "Feeling a little lost," I admitted.

"We'll sort it out in the morning, Chris. Don't worry about a thing. And I'll be calling your mother as well. Time she got her head out of her arse."

I barked with laughter at that. "Good luck."

"Her husband is a Grade-A fuckwit."

I clinked my beer can to her wine glass. "I'll drink to that."

She sculled her glass, putting it on the floor, before she snuggled again. "I think my sister was lost after losing your father. Maybe it was our fault? I mean me, your grandparents, even your useless fucking uncle. I don't know. But she just didn't take any advice." She fell silent, hearing and feeling her sigh a couple of times. "Reminds me of my ex-husband at times. Utterly fucking useless."

We sat in silence for quite a while. My left arm wrapped around her shoulders, gently caressing her arm. Her hand on my chest, not moving all that much. It was eventually late enough that, after a last minute clean-up of the living room and kitchen, we headed upstairs. Stopping at my bedroom door first, we cuddled again before she leaned back slightly. Not sure why, but I found my hand caressing her cheek, which made her smile even more.

I leaned down to kiss her, but chickened out at the last minute. Kissing her cheek, I rested my head on her shoulder, unable to hold back the sigh. "I love having you here, Chris," she whispered.

"Love being here with you, Jess."

"Good. You'll always have a home here, no matter what."

I let her go, watching her walk towards her bedroom. Her jeans were tight to her legs and arse. God, she was beautiful. She glanced back, noticing me watch her the entire way. The urge to follow and join her was nearly overwhelming. She blew me a kiss before disappearing into her room, closing the door. With another sigh, I closed the door and, after undressing, proceeded to beat my meat something fierce until I came, then fell asleep.

After breakfast the next morning, Jessica and I sat at the kitchen table as we discussed what I would do. "First thing we need to do is get your car where it's abandoned. We can drive the tractor down, tie it to the rear, and drag it back. Think you can fix it?"

"Worked as a mechanic from sixteen to around five months ago. And I was working on cars with Dad until... you know... I'll give it a go. Other than that, I can certainly look after any machinery around here. If I don't know anything about it, I can certainly learn."

"Think yourself a handyman?"

"Hmmm. Your house could use a little TLC. Definitely a new coat of paint. I could certainly have a look at anything that isn't working. The only thing I don't like to mess with is the electrics."

She wrote down a figure. "That's what I'm willing to pay you each week."

I looked at it and stared. "No, too much, Jess."

"That's total. I'll take out 1/3 to cover all bills and expenses."

"Jess, it's still too much."

She took my hand. "You work as hard as I know you will, it'll be worth every single cent. And, trust me, we're always hard at work here. Something always needs planting. Something always needs picking. This is a twelve month operation."

"None of my business, but are you doing okay?"

She smiled, squeezing my hand. "We're comfortable, and with my favourite nephew back here again, life is even better." I must have blushed rather brightly as she chuckled. "You're home, Chris."

"Yeah, I think I am."

That first week was all about getting my car in working order. Jessica and Michelle both had a car. Well, Jessica had a ute, Michelle had a beat-up old thing she rarely used, and she offered me the use of it, long as I could give it a check over at the same time. I promised her I would, heading down to the nearest large town so I could pick up the things I needed. I tinkered and managed to figure out what was wrong with my car. It needed a proper workshop, but once I found a jack and had the tools required, I managed to get stuck in.

"Fucking hell, this is an old Commodore right?" Bill asked while I was under the engine on Friday.

"Yeah, mate," I replied, squirming out from underneath the car.

"She's a beauty. What's wrong with it?"

"Ah, she's just needing a little love. Pushed the old girl too hard coming down here."

"What year is she?"

"1991, so she's thirty years old. Over 100k on the clock. Still drives like a dream."

"V8?"

I snorted. "Is there any other engine?"

"Start her up."

"I'll give it a go. Fixed the issue, now I'm just tinkering with her."

Putting my key in the ignition, I hadn't started it since I'd fixed the issue. I was worried it was just going to tick over and I'd be back to square one. I took a deep breath and turned it. The engine came to life immediately. "Yeaaaaaah!" I shouted, slapping the roof, "That's what I'm talking about!" I put my left foot onto the loud petal and the engine purred.

"Fuck, that's a sound and a half!" Bill yelled.

Jessica, Michelle and Kylie appeared through the back door of the house, obviously hearing the noise. I looked at them and picked up the revs again. Jessica smiled, shaking her head. Michelle and Kylie hurried over. "You have to take us for a drive!" Kylie squealed.

"She still needs a bit of work, but once I'm confident she won't break down again, we should all head down the beach."

"Mum would love that. A day away from here," Michelle stated.

"I'll leave you to it, Chris," Bill stated, heading towards his ute.

Switching off the engine, I shut the door and, I'll admit, did a little jig. I honestly thought the old girl was properly fucked. Dropping the hood, I lowered the car from the jacks holding it up and just stood there, a sense of satisfaction of a job well done. Only then did I feel Jessica cuddle into my side. "I've been watching you all week," she whispered.

"I think I had it fixed on Wednesday, but I thought I'd give it a proper once over, fix anything that looked like it was going to break sooner or later. Considering the wear and tear, she's still in good nick." I turned towards her, my hands filthy, so I left them at my side. "I just mentioned to Michelle that we should get away for a day. Go the beach. Considering it's getting quite hot now, being the time of year and all."

"Sunday? I'll make us a picnic if you drive us. There's a good beach about twenty k's south of here. Rather quiet. Ocean is calm so swimming isn't a problem."

"Sounds good."

The girls had worked hard all week with their university work, Jessica up early and working with barely stopping all day, so after dinner that night, we retired to the living room, a bottle of wine for Michelle and Kylie, Jessica surprising me by showing me a bottle of bourbon she'd bought while shopping. Woman after my own heart. She made us drinks before she shooed Kylie out of the way, making sure she was sat next to me. Kylie pouted, so I shuffled left enough that she could sit to my right.

"Considering their father is a useless piece of shit, you're the best male influence they've had," Jessica said.

I knew Jessica never said such things before they were eighteen. Michelle looked up and added, "Haven't heard from that wanker in years anyway. Fuck him."

"Cheating wanker," Kylie muttered. She sighed. I knew she'd never forgiven her father for how the relationship had ended, and the fact he'd simply walked out without a second thought.

Jessica had her hand on my chest again. "All we want is one good man in our life," she whispered.

Wonder if she talking about me? And if she was, who was she insinuating who my life would be with? The girls finished their bottle of wine before they disappeared for showers and bed. Both kissed my cheek before they kissed their mother. Jessica and I had made a good dent in the bourbon before I looked at the time, noticing it was midnight. We'd been sitting, listening to music, chatting quietly about nothing in particular.

Helping her up, she started to giggle, figuring she was halfway between tipsy and drunk. Feeling her fingers between mine as I led her towards the stairs, I helped her to her room. At the doorway, she didn't let go of my hand. She had a look in her eyes I'd seen before. Not in hers, with previous lovers. I pulled her tight to my body and caressed her cheek.

"I want to, but not like this," I whispered, "I want a clear head." I kissed her softly, feeling her kiss me back immediately. "I'm not saying no, Jess. Please trust me, I'm definitely not saying no. I'm saying not now this minute."

"You want me?" she whispered. I gulped before I nodded, not trusting my voice. "You think I'm beautiful?"

"Never met anyone more beautiful."

She kissed me again, and it took all my willpower not to just gently push her back, shut her bedroom door, and let nature take its course. My cock was shouting at me to take it out and slide it inside her. But we'd been drinking. I didn't want either of us to wake up sober, hungover, and with regrets. When we broke part, and she sobbed she was sorry, my heart broke and I hugged her tightly. "I love you, Jessica," I whispered into her ear. I felt her fingers dig into my back as I held her, "But we can't rush into this."

She giggled. "Who is the older one here?" She looked up, meeting my eyes. "But you're right. My feelings won't change though."

"Nor will mine."

"I love you too."

I smiled, kissed her softly one final time, before she let go of my hand. She dazzled me with a smile, wished me goodnight, before she slowly closed the door. Taking a deep breath, I turned to see Michelle standing in the doorway of her room. I thought she would have been upset, considering our own history. She smiled and beckoned me closer. Dreading what she was going to say or do, she giggled when I stepped closer.

"You make her happy, Chris," she said softly, "Look after her for us."

"Of course."

"I'm not calling you Dad."

I met her eyes and we burst into laughter. "We're okay?"

"Chris, you've had a crush on her for years. She's known about it, and now she's free to love you back in return." She took my hand. "Trust me, she's missed you more than you realise." She kissed my cheek. "I love you too, but I know who you love at heart. You won't be hurting my feelings if you want to be with my mother." She paused and sighed. "Okay, I might be a little jealous."

"Sorry," I whispered, and I meant it. I didn't want to hurt her.

"You can't help who you love." She hugged me tightly. "Goodnight, handsome."

"Goodnight, beautiful."

That made her smile at least. Heading back to my own room, I felt a genuine smile on my face for the first time since being kicked out of home. I still hadn't heard from Mum, so I thought I'd text my sister. She was full of news, none of it really good.

Things are frosty between Mum and Barry. I think she's realised the decision she made. She misses you but I think hoping you'll contact her first. Don't worry about me, though. He's completely ignoring me as I refuse to talk to him. I'm either at school, at work or with friends. I only come home to sleep... I miss you.

Miss you too, Becky. Soon as you're done with exams, Jess says you have a home here too.

I know, Chris, but I can't leave Mum with him. I'm still hoping she'll see sense and kicked him out. I'm worried he's going to get violent though.

Have 000 on speed dial. Soon as it looks like he's going to, get the police involved. And if that happens, calls me. I'll drive up and finish the job if necessary.

Knight in shining armour?

Eh, more like a young, very pissed off young man who wants Round Two.

As soon as exams are finished, I'll come down and visit. I'll try and convince Mum to join me. I'm sorry how things are, Chris. Life hasn't been easy for anyone lately. You were doing your best.

Thanks, Becky. Love you.

Love you too.

I woke up in a good mood the next morning. It obviously showed as I was asked questions as to why I was smiling. Letting them I know the text conversation I'd, Jessica said she'd call my mother after breakfast, see if she could possibly help her see the light, so to speak. Jessica disappeared up to her room to make the call while I relaxed, being Saturday. Half an hour later, she returned and wasn't happy, flopping onto the seat next to me.

"My sister is a fucking stubborn old..." she trailed off and just growled.

"Becky suggested she might listen to reason?"

"Okay. So she's clearly not happy. She admitted that at least. But she feels that if she leaves him, she'll be alone the rest of her life. So she's almost willing to tolerate all his shit just not to be alone."