All Comments on 'John Becomes Jen Ch. 02'

by jackie_em

Sort by:
  • 4 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

love the story everything turned out great except for jen/john's parents and kent 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

A really great story that sadly is often true. Why some people can’t just let others live their lives the way they want as long as they aren’t hurting anyone is beyond me. I didn’t grow up in the accepted LGBTQ+ days and I really wish I had because I would love to have seen how my life would have turned out. While things are nowhere close to perfect, it is loads better than it used to be and for that I am excited for the youth and their future. I hate to ramble on but this wonderfully told story really struck a few nerves and I am glad it did. Thanks for all the work and time you put into this beautifully written story.

J.D.

LisaBrooksLisaBrooksover 2 years ago

In the beginning it was a horrible tragedy of losing Jen. Her brother did what he had to do to cope with the loss. Baby steps trying to be comfortable with his loss brought him to being a transgendered woman. Being transgendered is not easy especially when family members reject you for being who you want to be! John becoming his twin sister Jen ran in to the pitfalls of all the negativity that's related to being transgendered. The story showed what can happen to Jen luckily young enough to complete her education, getting a job, and finding her love with Lissa.

WailAndGnashWailAndGnashabout 1 year ago

I thought the first part was quite sensitive and good, but imho the second was routine.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous