All Comments on 'Just Get Over It'

by Cinical

Sort by:
  • 563 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Kind of a slow curve.

Not enough zip for a fastball, but a pretty good pitch. It hung out over the plate just a bit. Somewhere in the high threes, but I'll give it a four.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Pathetic wimp cuck husband and STD cunt wife tale. 1* for this garbage

It seems this writer has some serious mental illness mixed with some cuckold issues that were transported to this lame tale.

The husband believed in what he wanted to, but the reality is his cunt wife keeps on cheater on his back and made him grow the other's guy kids......and this is so wimp, disgusting and pathetic.

1* for this crap.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago

Sean kinda had to drag it out of her that she had slept with her passed-out sister's boyfriend while she and Sean were first dating. Damn.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Not bad

Much ado about nothing, unfortunately. Pregnancy takes stupid people these days. It's just too easy to prevent. Woman that dumb isn't very interesting.

CrkcpprCrkcppralmost 6 years ago
You need to shorten up your work

The story was good , but you go into overdrive on adjectives .

You can over water a plant and kill it , same with an a story that has too many redundant descriptions .

For example , I totally lost track of how many times you told us about Megan's weight .

I think you have a real talent , but you really need a good editor/ reader to point out places to trim the excess off of your work .

Looking forward to seeing your next submission.

gmann57gmann57almost 6 years ago

A story about forgiveness is good , The husband isnt a cuckold. The woman was a dumb cheating little cunt. But figured it out. To forgive is divine. An affair doesnt have to be an end all I gave you 4

johntcookseyjohntcookseyalmost 6 years ago
Well composed

I liked this. Real believable sympathetic characters facing real life obstacles and making the best decisions. No good guy/bad guy. Just some bad decisions, the resulting consequences, and, ultimately, the best resolutions. Well written. Thanks *****

chytownchytownalmost 6 years ago
Good Read****

A little long winded but, so enjoyable. Thanks for sharing.

ReedRichardsReedRichardsalmost 6 years ago
Timeline issue

We’re these home ancestry test kits available several years ago? Unless the resolution at the end is set in 2023, you have a bit of a problem there.

What real choice did he have? If he left Megsn, he’d not only be leaving Reggie’s son but his own daughter; the courts would not give him residential custody of his daughter without him also having such custody of his son.

There will be complaints that he wasn’t man enough because he didn’t hunt down Reggie and exact revenge, but risking prison for that is not taking care of his family.

There was a guesstimate a few years ago that about 10% of children don’t have the biological father they are supposed to have; going forward, I wonder how many stories like this will become real life.

FD45FD45almost 6 years ago
So she gets everything she wants

A manly paycheck.

That good rough sex she's been craving

The relief of the shoe being dropped.

Her cuckold golfing with her dad.

And children from two different husbands.

What did he get?

Were I him, I'd have asked her dad for $100,000 in home equity. Cash in case of divorce. If Family is everything, he should pay without a qualm. But it's easy to demand forgiveness without a quibble when one is not asked to pay the price.

As for her, I'd take that money and go out for a week. No explanations. No regrets. Now, I'd go fishing or take a nice trip to the Yukon. Maybe a motor bike course or ATV treading across the desert.

But she doesn't need to know that.

And she owes me a REAL son. She is getting preggers again and I don't give a fuck what it does to her career, life plans and waist line.

Don't be a dick, but these people need to learn that there are consequences to these activities.

hindsight2020hindsight2020almost 6 years ago
2*.

Well written, but just is not believable. The whole issue of "what about being honest with me and letting me make a choice" never comes up. They could have reconciled or divorced. If divorce, she could have met someone willing to raise her son knowingly. But she opted for a marriage built on lies. Her children raised in an environment of deception. How could he ever trust her with anything ever again?

It does not pass.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Lest get this right

she was a party whore in college, she cheated fucking around when they were dating, she was a drunk party girl when they were married, she fucked around on him because he was working, she knew for years she had a bastard, she and her family lied to her husband for years, she manipulated his life to keep him from knowing, she needed rough sex because of her training in college. He doesn't know if she kept cheating with others, got rough sex she needed from others, got drunk and fucked around. Yet he stays married to her and loves her, doesn't seek child support from the absent father, accepts the fact her family hid it from him for years and knows he is her wimp, and does this because of his mothers messed up life. The husband is mentally ill and the wife is a slimy cunt. 1* this is RAAC in one of its worst cases.

TwentysevenTwentysevenalmost 6 years ago
Right Outcome

I am pleased to see Sean take a bullet for the sake of his family. This is what real men do.

My main reservation is about her reasons for cheating. You'd have to be pretty stupid to risk everything because you were a little mad at your husband.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
so to recap

Since you were the last male member of your family with your last name, your family line dies with you, your first wife and the boy or girl she was carrying are in the grave because of one drunk motherfucker, your drunk motherfucking wife cucked you for months and tricked you into raising the kid of literally the biggest pile of shit either of you knew (and of course her "religion" forbade her from aborting the little son of a bitch but not cheating on her fucking husband or generally being a drunken slut her entire life), the only real family you have left all conspired to keep you in the dark about it for 5 or 6 years, the guy who chumped you (and you can guarantee he's the kind of guy who made fun of you a lot when he was fucking your wife, not to mention he sounds like the kind of guy who made her say derogatory things about you while he was fucking her...and she obviously didn't stop fucking him when he did that shit either) is still walking the streets happy as a clam having never even been confronted, and your two kids, one of which isn't even really yours, only exist because of the repeated betrayals and years of lies. No big deal though, right?

If this story is true, you are just about the sorriest motherfucker I've ever seen outside of those cock cage wearing, cream pie slurping little cucky boys.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago

Wife choose what is better for her child and herself and not what is best for her husband because if she loved him so much she would tell what she did and let him to decide if he wants to build a life with her or not and after what he find out he would have a hard time to trust her ever again.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
1 star

Ending was crap

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Thanks for sharing...

I thought your story reminded me of a fairytale . ”All is well that ends well”

Yes! he was the better man via his actions, but why should he pay for her mistakes? With the wife’s entire family conniving behind his back, it’s pretty clear what there true opinion of him is! (He may as well have been a door-mat). The husbands decisions took courage ( he is not a wimp) & Yet by denying him any self esteem you turned him into a sapp....A few sobs from the wife & all is forgiven!

I wish life was that simple.

Thanks again ***

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Terrible

Some advice would be to shorten up the story. If your ending I terrible then no one cares about his past. No one cares about how he met his wife because no one cares about him after that awful ending.

Skip talking about how he met his wife and bla bla bla. He better pray no one comes around and seduces his wife and daughter next. Actually he might like that. Oh sure he will hate it at first then he will learn to put up with it because it's good for the family.

ju8streadingju8streadingalmost 6 years ago

no way i could trust her or her family

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Poignant

As a father, this is one of the first stories I've read on Lit that goes into feelings of parenting. It would have been so typical (and some would say justified) for the mc to walk away, but that would have destroyed his kids. He was a man in that he stayed for them. In the process, he learned to forgive his wife, which is also refreshing. Thank you for this story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
2

A lot better man than I am. I would have gone nuclear on all of them.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Shades of Jidoka

I compared this to Jidoka's "My Story" and I can actually empathize with the main character in that story and in this one. What's wimpy about swallowing your pride and wanting what's best for your children? I encounter hundreds of wimps everyday (I'm a divorce lawyer); the wimps are the ones that fuck women, get them pregnant, and skip out the responsibility. The wimps are the ones that are given the chance to spend time with their kids but don't show up for visitation.

I can see why he stayed; it grates my nerves and rankles me that he stayed (that's my reflexive reactionary macho bullshit posturing), but I can understand why, and I can see his logic in wanting to provide something for the kids that he himself didn't have.

His in-laws are assholes, that's a given. His wife is a dumb selfish woman (she got pissed and fucked her sister's boyfriend because her husband had to work) who wised up too late and tried her minimum best to make up for spreading her legs. Those are their failings, not the main characters'.

Doing the right thing doesn't give you emotional cathartic satisfaction, doing the right thing doesn't make you popular. As bad and distasteful as it feels to sleep in the same bed with a cheating spouse, you can wake up the next day and look in the bathroom mirror and say, "I'm doing my best so my kids can be better."

0zed0zedalmost 6 years ago
Lame!

What a wimp!

ReedRichardsReedRichardsalmost 6 years ago
It’s no surprise: the Anonys are outraged!

But what, I have to ask, could Sean have done differently? To dump Megan would have meant dumping his own daughter, not just zMegan and Jimmy. How does he get revenge on Megan without the consequences falling on his daughter as well?

How does he get revenge on his in-laws? To do that means, at the very least, depriving his daughter of her grandparents and aunt.

To get revenge on Reggie means risking prison, which means depriving his daughter of her father.

These stories are great at conveying the injury done to husbands, but not very good at all at conveying the love a husband has for his wife; that’s why the Anonys get so outraged. The injury to Sean’s pride they can see; his love for his wife and daughter, and even Jimmy, not so much.

bioman57bioman57almost 6 years ago
Well written

You developed your characters and told a good story. Not the slant nor the ending that I prefer but you wrote it well. Thank you for your story. For me I would have walked out and filed. And not sure how I would acted toward the boy. But that would be my failing.

deblackbusterdeblackbusteralmost 6 years ago
"I know some would say that she was lying and probably had a slew of boyfriends I didn't know about. Even if that's the case, what can I do about it?"

There's a lot of things he could do. Track down the biological father and have him pay child support. Is he rich? Raising kids aren't cheap. Hell there are a lot of things he could've done. He's just willingly turning a blind eye and is now okay with his wife stepping out on him because of some nostalgia from his childhood and that's just sad.

He wouldn't be dumping his daughter. He would still see her. He could even see his son too if he wanted too. Apparently his son didn't really care.

If anything I would compare this to BigGuy33 stories. Whole family covering up some major cuckolding and fooling the husband? Yeah definitely BigGuy, but he's also a good writer that just has a masochist tendency in LW.

I had to skim over the first 2 pages because it was taking too long to get to the point. Really disliked this story, but still looking forward to more work from you.

Impo_64Impo_64almost 6 years ago
I liked it...It´s a good story...

I liked it...It´s a good story...She knew if she confessed when her son was born, her husband wouldn't have the love ties with the child and could act differently, divorcing and making her raise the bastard...All his thinking was what a real father would have, but for me the problems will show up when they will become empty nesters, just because he can forgive, but will never forget! 4*

deblackbusterdeblackbusteralmost 6 years ago
One thing that's weird though

Religion is a hot topic that gets heated discussions over it. Yet in these stories whenever there is religion involved and it's portrayed good or bad and involves stupid people like his FIL, no one cares or mentions it.

You say 1 tiny little political thing about anything and the whole story takes a backseat and people fight over it. Weird.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
CAN’T SEE IT

Despite all the ‘what real men do’ nonsense that some people crow about, the fact remains that he continued to have sex with a wife who so disrespected him. I don’t see how any man could get over the pain of the pictures in his mind of her and the sleeze bag together, coupled with the ever present knowledge of the long term family whisperings behind his back. Would take more than counselling and promises of being the best wife ever to get past the humiliation in my view

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
soccer

Soccer, AKA European grass diving, is not a sport. Other than that a realistic story. . Even without the emotional reason financially he would have been slammed with child support for a kid that is not his. Downside is a lot of people don't come her for realism.

tazz317tazz317almost 6 years ago
WHAT TO DO IS THE QUESTION

How to do is an answer, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago

now will he stay with her after the kids are grown and gone or will he decide he has had enough of her and leave are we going to find out or not

LightningSeedLightningSeedalmost 6 years ago
Interesting premise

Some good writing. A lot of talk about whether he made the right choice. Whatever choice he made was right for him.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Why didn’t

He just start fucking her sister and give her sister a baby also and one that is his but. Not hers Turn about you know cannot give this anything but a zero had to be some revenge otherwise If you could’ve always taken his name off the list as father and went after child-support as much as possible which is what I would’ve done along with fucking sister having another baby that was not cheating wife

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Hubbyhw is looking to masturbate

and you write a story with emotions and angst? WTF? Show some compassion for a man that watches his wife with a bull and looks for porn to satisfy his desires.

This story makes a person think, and that is usually a good thing. It does not inspire a person to jerk off, which is disappointing to a few bottom feeders. The wife placed her husband in an impossible position. Women have that power and once in a while, they use it. He had no good options and she held all the cards. The total lack of fairness grates on people. Knowing it cannot be evened out is a big problem. He is not the type to humiliate and embarrass himself or his kids, His moral compass limits him just as his wife's lack of limits is annoying as hell. 5 *s and 😊 😊 😊!

AMerryman

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
R (econcilliation) A (t) A (ll) C (osts).....,

But usually it is more like Reconcilliation, but what are the costs?

A common criticism about RAAC stories is questioning whether or not the cheater DESERVED it, or perhaps, EARNED it???

I'd actually agree that the wife here was not strongly portrayed as EARNING it (it being his forgiveness). That said, it was rather his FIRST marriage, and following tragedy that gave him the inner resolve to forgive. In this case, the author spent some time explaining how this character had hit rock bottom, before he ever met Megan. He had to pick himself up before from the worst depression and begin anew. He didn't have to sink back down to rock bottom JUST to experience it, he could well remember how empty his life once was, and had little desire to allow it to become that again. No moral outrage could or would be worth it. If the question was better with her or without her? he could easily predict it to be "better" with her. Easy? no! Some immediate no harm/ no foul resolution? HELL no! And that isn't what the author was even trying to create. I think the author was successful in presenting a scenario where the guilty party (parties?) didn't HAVE to PAY some unfathomable price out of equivalency. It was this guy's background first and foremost that gave him the strength, wisdom, foresight, and maturity to get through this crisis without destroying everything in some sort of slash and burn marital warfare like some BTB fans might demand. I never saw any attempt to characterize him as a wimp. Level headed consequence story fans might be able to imagine more consequences that go beyond what was revealed in the actual story, that realistically or probably happened in this story, without the requirement of spelling it out directly for the audience. Therapy is certainly no "one and done" type of endeavor. There was a lot more to this healing process than was stated, this because it didn't NEED to be. And THAT is because of the more unique background and POV the narrator character brought to this scenario.

Thanks author for your efforts. I apologize for clicking over the three when I was trying to aim for four stars. My first and probably only read on today's new stories, I really DO appreciate your efforts!

ManoBlueManoBluealmost 6 years ago
This was a waist of time

Dreadfully cliche on this website, no substance once again another wimp husband who gets over his emotions quickly through a summary.

OPrimeOPrimealmost 6 years ago
Selfish

It seems everything was about the wife and what she wanted. There was no real consideration shown for the husband.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Meh

No real dynamic tension here. It’s almost as dry as “found out I’m not my sons biological father. Life goes on. The end. Thanks for reading.” Maybe it is the rare “true”-ish story because there’s nothing very fantastical or remarkable about it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
really, Reed?

You're worried about how the inlaws will take a divorce? Maybe they'll just have to put on their big boy pants and accept the fallout from their emotionally traumatizing decision to get involved by lying to their SIL.

Inlaws have no place in the decision to continue a relationship with an emotionally manipulative skank who needed to prove to herself who the father of her daughter was.

If anything, the only external consideration that should be shown is to hubbyhw's arousal level. Cinical clearly needs to borrow from Chuck Tingle's literary prowess and have the protagonist offer up his anal virginity to Sasquatch or hubbyhw just can't get there. Show some empathy by having some consideration for that man's friction-burned cock, please.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
As usual the burn the bitch crowd will low rate a good reconcilation story

His choices end his marriage and live like a pauper.child support &alimony. Forgive her sin, and live his life. The boy is his son, even though he was born thru another sperm donor. His daughter his own. The all love him. So he forgave and made it work. If divorced he would be broke,depressed, go back to being a drunk. To what end. All would lose and suffer. She was not a serial cheater. So forgiveness is doable.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
dumb

I know its just a story for fun and all but the story just wasn't real in the least. But all in all keep writing.

silentsoundsilentsoundalmost 6 years ago
Could have been good.

The premise was interesting but the story floundered terribly and didn't really address some huge issues.

One was the startling lack of respect and equity.

He was a good little cuck boy throughout. Literally raising another man's child with her family happily disrespecting him and smiling the whole time.

I would have gotten that pathetic family out of the picture and kept the kids in focus.

The kids and your protagonist are the only sympathetic characters.

silentsoundsilentsoundalmost 6 years ago
Quality writing however.

Keep it up!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
It's lit Erotica

Nothing erotic In this story

ValintValintalmost 6 years ago
Realistic but pathetic

The wife had planned for years, made sure that everyone around her was on her side, and left him with no other options. Still, it was sad to see such a RAAC.

Staying with his wife for the kids? Okay, I can get that. The whole "I was better friends with my in-laws than ever, and my marriage was even stronger than before"? Fuck that shit.

There's something awfully realistic about "So, my wife betrayed me, cuckolded me, made me raise another man's child, and got her entire family to help her betray me. I didn't have any other choice but to get over it, so I did. How? I just did.", but it's still makes for an awful story. It doesn't leave much in the way of tension or obstacles to be overcome when the story makes it so easy. If the main character really cared so little, why should we care at all?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Nothing erotic about this

Nice story or recounting on an event but misplaced. I have always thought this site should have another category for non-erotic relationship stories to clean up this category...including all the stories blatant cheat8ng and revenge...none of which is a loving wife.

neilnblowme2neilnblowme2almost 6 years ago
bunch of hypocrites

this story is well written by a talented writer whose story just doesn t make any sense.

the sister gets a divorce from her husband because he was fucking her sister and the parents are ok with that ......hmmmmmm

the cheated on sister is ok with that ............ hmmmmmmm

the wife gets pregnant with sisters exe`s baby and the whole family is ok with that ................. hmmmmmm

husband finds out and the family wants him to accept it ..... hmmmmmm

sister in law and parents accepts sister cheating buy not husbands ..... hmmmm

the husband becomes a hero because he accepts the cheating ........ hmmmmm

such a rightious man who put his kids before everything ....... hmmmmmm

personally i was taught to tell the truth and that cheaters never prosper ..... boy i am in right field with that one

the more i read these stories and see what our society has turned into i can clearly see that the more you cheat and lie the more you will prosper

in the end of this story we see that the wife got exactly what she always wanted as did the kids and the in laws.what did he get? he got a cheating and lying wife, liars for in laws and an every day reminder of his wife`s cheating when he looked at her son.

now that is the life you dream about when you are young ......hmmmm

personally my self respect is worth a lot more than a family that does everything but respect me and to me this story is just more insight into the fucked up society we live in today .....hmmmmm

victoria2victoria2almost 6 years ago
wow

any of these idiots that think btb is the right answer all the time need to be actually put in that position. it is not always that easy to do. if a man strays it is usually because he is just that way. most of the time it is a gene he has and he cannot do anything about it. if a woman cheats it is because she for some reason is not getting what she needs from her man but is reluctant to say anything. most men and some women put job and financial security over everything else. that is the problem. put your significant other above everything else and neither will have to cheat. put yourself in the position of the wronged party before passing judgement.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
I don't think he was "just a Father".

He was a tool. Megan's tool. She uses him on every level. As a father for her illegitimate son. As a piggy bank to support her and her kids. As a shield from the rest of the family. Speaking of which. Megan has betrayed everyone involved. The biggest betrayal was her husband. How does a supposedly good catholic girl fuck a slimy lothario so soon after her wedding? How does she betray her sister in such a cold and calculating manner? This woman is a stone cold, lying bitch and you want us to believe that a man with his broken background simply puts her cheating and lying behind them and moves on with no consequences for anyone? Completely unbelievable. Even for a fictional story. And speaking of unbelievable, how did he mysteriously go from broken down, unemployed homeless person to a man that any woman would want to marry? Do you have any idea how difficult it is to be homeless and an alcoholic and restart your life? You made it feel like someone waved a magic wand and everything was fine. You did a good job on this story from a technical stand point. But the plausibility was severely lacking. Given the character you gave him, there's no way he does anything but divorce her and blowup the entire pack of liars. Horrible RAAC.

1 star

imhaplessimhaplessalmost 6 years ago
goofd story, should be rated higher

your main character is a lot better man than I am. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
They don't understand

Easy to say what you would do in situations. You can tell the comments made that few of these have chidren involved in their lives. What was better for the kids. So much time had passed a divorce would have devistated the two chidren. I have witnessed it real life. Love is a strong thing even if it is a child that is not yours. The bond made is strong. It is always easy to say what you would do until you walk in their shoes. Good story keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
what an honorable man would do

an honorable man does what is necessary for "his" children. divorce the slut when the boy goes off to college. story is a slice of true life. how unfortunate.

won't let me log in

aguyfromthe60s

DrakenNoirDrakenNoiralmost 6 years ago

Seems a little strange. The first time they get back together Sean states that he pounded her as hard as he could. So why didn't Megan let him know that she really liked it? Or didn't she? She probably wanted it tender that time. Poor Sean couldn't do anything right. Maybe Megan should have used it as a training opportunity and urged Sean to do a couple of other things that she really liked. Pretty sure he would have been more than happy to smack her ass at that point in time. Might be some really good therapy for Sean. Work out a bit of his frustration, anger and disappointment. Might even help Megan with her guilt.

Sean seemed to get over things a little bit too quickly. Working on their relationship made sense (not saying he should have left or stayed, just taking the story as presented) and so did the therapist. Still wonder why they chose a female one. Better to explain Megan's hidden desires? Maybe I'm a bit strange but it was surprising that Sean dove back into oral so soon. Yeah the actual event was ten years ago. But psychologically some part of him has to work through that and it should have taken a bit longer to get used to the thought of doing that. And if the situation was reversed, Megan would have to go through the same thing. The thought of having oral sex with Sean after he cheated would be something difficult to work through.

Would have been nice to mention a little more about Sean's relationship with her family. It was kind of glossed over. Yeah they had the best intentions but it was still a rotten thing to do. It was flat out an actual conspiracy to keep Sean in the dark about Jimmy's origin and Megan's cheating. Plus the years of having Reggie around smirking about what he gotten away with. Think about it. They are basically the only family he has (no disrespect to his aunt) and THEY ALL were in on it. Thats some rough mental and emotional abuse. What about some truly heart felt apologies from ALL of the family members? How about all of them asking sincerely for Sean to forgive them? All that is said is that Sean was happy his FIL didn't hold Sean's words against him!!! WTF?????? They ALL OWE HIM!!!! Not the other way around. NO, some ASS KISSING from THEM is definitely in order. They are ALL very lucky he didn't just leave and divorce her cheating, lying, betraying ass!!! Basically he's a better man than she or they deserve. Where was the condemnation of her actions by her parents? It didn't have to be over the top. Just some acknowledgement that YES, their daughter had really screwed up and that while they loved her, they were very disappointed in her and she should be very grateful that Sean stayed. And they should have stated this to Sean. He needed to know that. Instead we get her father saying some crap about we're all sorry about blah, blah, blah............ BFD. And for him to call Sean SON, as they all lied and kept secrets from him. WOW, how hypocritical of them. Glad they had his back and knew what was best for him and made sure he had NO input and NO choice on how his life was going to go. Well, at least Sean knows up front now that he will always be treated as a second class citizen in that family. Yeah, it's hard to see him playing golf with the FIL. And for Megan to even try to say that her parent's know how he feels????? You've got to be kidding!! His reply was pretty good, after all, how could they possibly know how he felt. And Sean's comment about them putting their differences aside was ridiculous. His 'harsh word's ' would be rated about a 2 on the insult scale. Their actions toward Sean rated about an 6 or an 7 on the betrayed scale. If they were malicious it would have been a 10. But since their motives were supposedly for the greater good, they get a small break. Hope Susan doesn't need a heart transplant, we all know who they would forcibly volunteer. After all, it's all about the blood family members and their greater good.

Overall it was a good story. A few tweaks adding a little more of a typical reaction from Sean would have been nice. Just seemed a bit glossed over. Some dialogue would have been better than him just saying ' we had some issues ', and then worked them out. This should have taken a year or more to work through their issues.Too quick and clinical and he really didn't seem to go through the emotional rollercoaster that you would expect. For the level of betrayal he experienced the emotions conveyed were just not that intense. Let's hear about the issues, let the author convey what emotions they are going through. Again, good story. Well on the way to being a great author.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Mixed feelings

about this one. Well written with few typos, the one thing I don't like is the time involved. Bad enough, the weakness of the flesh but hide it, lie to the person she claims to love for years?

That is the part that would end it for me.

If she could lie about something this huge, then she is self serving and not that much in love.

johnadpjohnadpalmost 6 years ago

First, for the commenters about going nuclear and that he was a wimp. He put his child(ren)'s well being first (and yes Jimmy was 100% his child bio or not). That's what REAL men do. You do everything for your children period! Now if he couldn't live with what she had done and they got divorced that would have been fine with me IF he made sure that both children came out as healthy as possible by not trying to burn the wife, her family, made sure the kids are well taken care of and him being there for both of his kids as much as possible. The only solution was not staying together married, but the only solution when you have kids is to think of their well-being first and foremost.

As far as her sister and parents not disclosing her cheating to him and how they must have snickered behind his back. What a bunch of bullshit. Rita was so upset about her husband's cheating she divorced him even though she was gaga over the guy, yet she put her nephew's well being first and didn't tell Sean. A lot of these hateful comenters would have just cared about their ego and their hurt and blasted everyone else's marriage to make themselves feel good, not caring how that explosion would have hurt the nephew. The same goes for her parents. No one was laughing behind his back. They were all upset at his wife. Yeah, being involved you feel that everyone knew but you and that hurts. But reading this story as a third party, and not directly involved, a decent person could see the conflict and reasoning by Rita and her parents. Life is not black and white. Only rigid, fucked up people who I would assume most people dislike, think it is.

naxos65naxos65almost 6 years ago
A Honourable man ?

IT WAS ONLY FOR THE PARTY AND THE DNA PRESENTS THAT IT CAME TO LIGHT .THAT HYPOCRITICAL FAMILY OF HIS WIFES WOULD HAVE KEPT IT TOTALLY SECRET . WHY ? BECAUSE THEY NEEDED A MEAL TICKET FOR THEIR DAUGHTER AND HER SON ! TALK ABOUT RESPECT . IF SHE LOVED HIM SHE WOULD HAVE TOLD HIM . NOT TELLING HIM WAS AS BAD AS HER FORNICATING . THE SISTER WAS JUST AS BAD . THAT'S NOT LOVE THAT THAT FAMILY HAD FOR THEIR SON IN LAW , THAT'S CONTEMPT ! THE POOR GUY WAS USED .HE SHOULD HAVE WALKED ---------------------

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 6 years ago
@Anonymous Re: "RAAC"

"consequences that go beyond what was revealed in the actual story, that realistically or probably happened in this story, without the requirement of spelling it out directly for the audience" - If the consequences "probably happened," then they BETTER be spelled out if the author doesn't want to be derided as RAAC!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago

Who puts up with a wife that cheats like that. She literally took his manhood. I could not have been able to forgive an act of magnitude. If she cheated once she cheated more. The deception to long I would have kicked her ass out. I would have at a minimum had gotten laid and separated for a period with the understanding she would be true to her marriage vows for a stated time frame so he could at least feel better about himself.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 6 years ago
Kids

I can MAYBE accept reconciliation for the sake of the kids, but the price should be disowning the in-laws for their part in the mess.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 6 years ago
Divorce

Why is her sister divorcing the sleazeball for cheating the "thing to do," but when SHE cheats with that same sleazeball, her family condones it?

timrivtimrivalmost 6 years ago

She could have least given more children maybe another thatbwas HIS biologically. She was selfish, self centered and a slut. By had virtually no femorse except for getting caught.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
you get a 5 for reality

this crap goes on and it so damn sad.. the wife flat ass wrong, I do take my hat for the husband. I am sure i would have NOT stayed. Her butt would have been out the door, The in laws would be non beings to me. Another sad fact that many fathers raise children that he is not the bio father,,, the Percentages are absolutely staggering.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Ignoring the obvious.....

It seems to me one obvious issue the story overlooks

is if everyone in the immediate family knows that the

son doesn't look anything like anyone else in the

family, wouldn't the son's friends and classmates

and their parents have noticed the same thing?

Wouldn't questions have been asked?

Kids, to say the least, are not particularly known to

be very diplomatic.

JessicaAlexanderJessicaAlexanderalmost 6 years ago
Totally enerotic and depressing

From a technical standpoint, good job but it was just depressing and unerotic. The protagonist was caught in such a bad spot that there weren’t and happy endings.

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreealmost 6 years ago
A tough moral problem.

Her crimes, though old, were severe.

No one time mistake here.

Then religion becomes more important

than her marriage.

Added to that, she doesn't even have the decency

to tell her husband, after others find out.

Serious stuff, her black list.

We have a damaged family.

Damaged from the start.

If the guy can forgive

all the shit that has been thrown his way,

reconciliation is the right way forward.

If he can't forgive, staying together

is worse than staying apart.

Even for the kids.

Kids don't thrive in hostile environment.

But then, that's just my opinion.

There were some fine point in this story.

Details well explained.

Except for the husband.

He was a mistery to me.

And that was a little disturbing.

3 out of 5 from me.

sdc97230sdc97230almost 6 years ago
I think it was a mistake to make Jimmy look so much like Reggie

Making it so obvious to EVERYBODY but Sean that Jimmy wasn't his just makes Sean incredibly stupid, and if there's any character that's harder to sympathize with than a cheater it's one who's incredibly stupid.

The reconciliation is probably very realistic. Unfortunately, very realistic doesn't seem to make for very engaging drama.

thecarolinadreamerthecarolinadreameralmost 6 years ago
Good Story, but...

Read an article a while back about always cutting what you think is the final draft. The figure 20% was thrown around, but I forget the final recommendation. At any rate your story could surely stand some deep cuts, and while we authors hate to see our babies thrown out it only makes our stories stronger.

Good Luck! cd

Huedogg2Huedogg2almost 6 years ago
Aaaaaaa the life of a cuckold

So your loved by a bunch of religious hypocrites that lied to you at every turn

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Loser cuck

"How could I resent what she did to save our family." Quoting husband's comment about the wife from page 3. Using the word "OUR" here pours salt in the wound. What a chump. All the father is is a meal ticket that this tramp wife and her little bastard uses. 1 star for being disgusting plot.

BaddestmanaliveBaddestmanalivealmost 6 years ago
Too Real

Realistic story. Life is messy. People fuck up. He ultimately did what was right. 4.5

johnadpjohnadpalmost 6 years ago
@Sbrooks103x Divorce

Not telling is not the same as condoning it. Just like if a parent visits a son who committed murder in prison doesn't mean they condone the murder by keeping in touch with him and even supporting him during and after the trial. You stick by your kids when they fail. You don't just turn your back on them and especially in this case when they not only have to worry about the daughter's marriage, but the well being of their grandson. They could have gone the other route and told her husband and it would have been ok too. But this isn't a situation where there was an obvious right answer for them.

I and a few close friends have another close friend who is a serial cheater. He is wealthy (self-made worth probably around $200 million or so and now in his 30s) and he has been cheating on his now wife of ten years since they were engaged with many many different women. He has an absolutely gorgeous sweet wife who he has a very tight prenup with and he has three kids with her. He doesn't think his cheating is problematic at all and thinks it's what men do. He uses models for his work and they are part of the women he cheats with and his wife has even met some of these women, but he tells her they're just for work and his wife buys it.

One of my close friend's wife is very close friends with the cheater's wife. So I told that friend one time if this whole shit hits the fan your wife might get pissed at you for not revealing it to her and he said I've thought about that and have already thought of something to tell her. We don't condone what he does, but at the same time what the fuck do we do. Tell his wife who will get almost nothing in a divorce if it pisses her off enough to go that route. If she sticks with him then she has to live with knowing that he has been cheating on her this whole time. Believe it or not he actually is a very good father and he gives a lot to charity and other than the serial cheating is actually a pretty good guy. He has even employed many family members who came from a poor background.

So this idea that there is a clear cut answer that the parents should have told on their daughter is nonsense. Now if they condoned her continuing to cheat then I definitely agree that you cut ties with them. But if they rebuked her, saw the cheating as an anomaly then what they did in my opinion is a legitimate possible action. If it was his parents then I would have held the standard higher. But from the story the parents treated him really well as long as they knew him, so did her sister Rita. These were not people that had contempt for him or didn't consider his well being. That has to be counted in one's assessment of them as people and also of the quality of their relationship with their son-in-law.

keystone00000keystone00000almost 6 years ago
Conditions

I would have stayed, but with conditions. 1. No more giving oral sex to the wife. If she really enjoyed it, too bad. I would never knowingly stick my mouth where Reggie's dick had been again. 2. No further contact with the in-laws or the rest of her family. Those relationships would be dead to me. I wouldn't forbid her from spending time with them, but I would never have contact with them again. 3. Complete and total access to all of her electronic devices, phone, computer, etc. 4. I two week " vacation" on my own paid for by the wife and/ or her family. No one would know where I went, what I did, or who I did ( if anyone). Let her always wonder if he was faithful to her those two weeks. She would just have to get over it and live with it, the same way he is going to have to live with HER actions

Freddog6601Freddog6601almost 6 years ago
Overall a good story

I’m in agreement with other posters- you need an editor if for no other reason than to keep the redundancy to a minimum. How many times do you need say the wife was fat, chunky etc. Also, describing a short stocky woman as an Amazon is a bit much.

The storyline was well framed with some stated and some unstated directions that he could have gone into. I’m ok with the overall outcome of the story.

PowersworderPowersworderalmost 6 years ago

That poor bastard. Sean lost a loving wife and baby, then replaced them with a drunken whore. Megan lied to him for almost their entire marriage, tricking him into raising her bastard. She could have aborted it too, as she knew who the father was, but no, she had to cuckold her loving husband instead...

"If you can somehow open your heart and forgive me...for being such a silly fool, I'll do everything in my power to help us through this. Anything! I mean it."

"Anything? Okay... Rita already knows that you fucked her husband and made me raise his bastard. She's also single and doesn't have any children yet.... so I want her to have mine..."

That would have been a nice way of balancing the scales. Megan did say she would do everything and anything to get Sean to forgive her and Rita must want some payback on her slut sister for fucking her husband... Throw in a few threesomes as well and yes, I can see a reconciliation happening.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago

People saying he had no options and did what was best for the kids. Not necessarily. The best thing he could have done for his daughter would be to set an example for why it would be a bad idea to follow in her mother's shameful footsteps. He doesn't have to remain married to his whore of a wife to be a part of his daughter's life. As far as sons go, he doesn't have one, thanks to his wife, but he can set an example for his stepson of how to handle your business without negotiating with emotional terrorists, and still be there for him when he's allowed.

It's an imperfect situation, but that's their mother's fault. He doesn't need to be a martyr-cuck. If his wife likes it rough, make things a little rough for her. He can have some self respect, and help the children learn to be honorable human beings, unlike their mother and her family.

Instead, they will learn the wrong lesson from this and the cycle will continue.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago

Stopped reading as soon as a RAAC was apparent and the condescending soapbox came out from the author.

Undecided2BsureUndecided2Bsurealmost 6 years ago
I wish there were half-stars

3.5 would be good here. Some good points some not so good points. But that is how life is except for thos who critique without ever submitting as in powersworder's case. He has the answers but hasn't submitted a thing for criticism. All those that critique without submitting should be banned from commenting

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
meh. a real fantasy

OF COURSE men yell, hit the wall, and break shit when they are overflowing with anger! That's normal, and healthy. Ask any therapist. They'll say 'hit a pillow' or 'hit a sandbag'. The implication is all that matters: DONT BOTTLE ANGER. So that's one unrealistic point made by the hubby.

The wife really fucked up. Lying to make another man raise her child is fucking disgusting. Her family covering it up is fucking disgusting. And that lie about her waiting for the right time is disgusting. The only reason she told him or was going to is because the evidence was presenting itself, thus she wanted to admit it while it was all too obvious and not a second after.

These are deal breakers. Resentment has nothing to do with it nor pride. *not that they don't fucking matter!* They STOLE years of his life. He'll never get them back. And their 'so - called morality' is very fucking convenient. Catholic morality ALSO says how to handle a cheating wife, or a liar, or a parent that fails to properly raise a child....guess what?! It ain't lookin' so good for that family! I find it very fucking cute that they hand pick the morality that HURTS only him, and leave out literally everything that would make them suffer too. So these people are shit. I say take the daughter and get the fuck outta dodge, before they raise another stupid whore that can somehow live and breathe and not understand excessive drinking is bad, smooth talking cheaters are bad, lying is bad, lack of communication is bad.....basic shit you learn before you're ever legally allowed to drink. Face it, she's too stupid to live. I don't mean kill her....I mean she's just dumb as rocks...or pretends to be to avoid responsibility.

He should at LEAST get a few hall pass fucks. I'd also tell Rita's future boyfriends just how much she respects honesty.

PowersworderPowersworderalmost 6 years ago
@undecided2Bsure

"All those that critique without submitting should be banned from commenting"

Congratulations! That's the stupidest thing I've read all day!

You're basically saying that unless someone is a writer themselves, they shouldn't be able to comment about a story they're just read?! Hilarious...

Funnily enough, I do actually write... but I haven't submitted anything under this account. Nice work on your 4.04 btw, very impressive!

Regarding my feedback to the story, it wasn't in any way a criticism of the author. I thought the story was well written, even if it was horribly depressing. I just disagree with the way wives so often seem to get away with foisting their lover's bastard off on an unsuspecting husband.

When Megan said she'd do anything to get Sean to forgive her, why doesn't he actually give her some serious consequences for over a decade of horrendous deception? If not an affair with her prettier sister as compensation, how about allowing him a mistress that he can then knock up at leisure? These wives say they'd do "anything" to get forgiveness for behaving like sluts, but the husbands so rarely put that to the test...

juderboyjuderboyalmost 6 years ago
This was closer to real life than most stories

Anyone not stuck in the middle of such a situation can find it easy to have an opinion. BTB, being an active cuckold, and anywhere in between is what we all read about. But, if a man can give himself the chance to let his emotions out and not make any life change decisions before he regains control, he will be more able to do "the right thing". Each man would have to decide for himself what that might be, what is best "for him".

He made his decision. You can make yours. Myself, I wouldn't make the kids pay for her mistakes, but the other 4 adults in this story would spend years sucking up to me before I ever let them off the hook. I understand their reasons, but they robbed him of his chance to make his own decisions. She knew the boy wasn't his. He had the right to cut bait and run, or not. But years later, and a daughter to boot, his choices were so limited. And the adults needed to pay a much higher price than they did.

deblackbusterdeblackbusteralmost 6 years ago
@johnadp and those saying not all stories have to be BTB

Just because you give to charity does not mean you are a good person! Lol that's insane. Every single rich person gives to charity no matter what. They are all not good people without a doubt.

Second this guy gave his wife a ridiculous prenup so that he can serially cheat on her... Yeah sounds like an amazing guy. I hope I never have friends like you.

So he's also a great dad, but he serially cheats on his wife so that means he's spending a lot of time away from home... yeah great dad. You are most likely clouded by his money and friendship. Sounds like it's not hard to buy you off. Either you are lying or you and your friends are really crappy people.

For this story it doesn't have to be BTB, but he also doesn't have to spread his cheeks and let them hammer him. He's all buddy buddy with his wife's family after they did him wrong. They are religious hypocrites who use god as an excuse if something bad happens.

Like neilnblowme2 said they are a bunch of hypocrites. Adultery and lying is a sin. Their daughter slept with her own sisters fiance and they are cool with it? How about having any kind of self respect like what FD45 said. Yet he did none of that. He even thinks that his wife lied to him about how many lovers she had and he's oh well what can you do about it. She's probably cheating on him because he even says so!

He's even happy that his son doesn't look like him? Going on to say he's a stud and how sexy his son looks was really creepy. This story doesn't suck because it's not BTB, it sucks because it's RAAC and his wife's family are garbage and he wants to buddy up with them because he misses his own childhood memories. His wife gave up nothing because she already planned this all out with her family to screw him over. For those asking what was he to do? Well just about anything besides what he did do!

PowersworderPowersworderalmost 6 years ago
@johnadp

"We don't condone what he does, but at the same time what the fuck do we do."

By not telling her, you're basically enabling him to get away with cheating. If one of her so-called friends told the wife the first time it happened, she'd know the truth and could react accordingly. She might have been able to make him stop cheating if she threatened to leave, but he's getting away with it again and again...

And what happens if she does find out? If her husband is cheating as much as you say, it's quite likely that she will find out eventually. It would just take one jilted model to bring the whole tower of cards tumbling down.

As the years roll by with her in blissful ignorance, she'll lose her youth, looks, and fertility... all wasted on a cheating asshole. She won't be able to choose to start over and have a family with a decent man and is being slowly trapped in that bullshit marriage!

It'll be even worse for her when she finds out so many of her friends knew all about his infidelity. They'll all be complicit in the betrayal by keeping quiet and she'll feel like an even bigger fool, who is the laughing stock of everyone she knows. Now I'm sure you aren't actually laughing at her, but she's definitely going to feel like you are when you've kept the truth from her.

Imagine if the husband catches HIV off one of his models, then infects the wife? Would you or your friends feel any guilt, knowing you could have saved her from that?

What all of you are doing to her is horrible...

DrakenNoirDrakenNoiralmost 6 years ago
Rep. To johnadp 8/11/18. Ref. Her Family

You made some good points in that comment. I don't have any real issues with them. This is more of an add on about her parents. I do feel that her immediate family who knew about this owed him a big apology. Yes they treated him well, but they also conspired with their daughter to keep critical information from him and essentially manipulate his life without giving him any choice in the matter. Not saying they were evil or even bad. But now that it's out they need to apologize and ask him to forgive them for what they did to him. They may have had noble motives, to preserve their daughters family, but it's still wrong to do that to someone they said they cared about. So apologizing to him for the deception is the least they can do. I won't even mention any religious implications of what they did. And one would think that his relationship with his in laws should be at least strained or possibly even damaged at least for a time. Just think about what this poor guy went through in such a short time. He finds out that his wife cheated multiple times and was impregnated by a guy he despised, he did not father his only son and to top off an already miserable few days his in-laws were in on the conspiracy of ignorance/ silence.

Schwanze1Schwanze1almost 6 years ago
So

he married a frat boy leftovers, drunken, dope smoking round heeled slut. Surprise, surprise she stole his life by lying to him when he could have moved on before he bonded with the boy. Without the daughter I'd be gone like a scalded cat.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Husband's revenge

He should've demanded revenge sex with his wife's sister, Rita, until she was pregnant with his child. That would be considered fair.

johnadpjohnadpalmost 6 years ago
@DrakenNoir Regarding My Comment

I totally agree with you that at the least they all owe him an apology. Also, as I mentioned if you're the one left out you of the "know" it's totally understandable that he would have resentment towards his in-laws. I would have given them shit for it.

However, as a third party not emotionally involved in the situation and able to assess things more logically, I don't believe what they did was out of malice and it was a reasonable reaction. Remember when the sister found out Jimmy was already 4 years old and when the parents found out he was even older. So by then he would have already bonded with Jimmy. Perhaps by then they had the daughter as well. So it wasn't like it was before Jimmy was born so you would have been giving him the option to stay or leave. The parents telling the husband would have resulted one of two scenarios which were both negative. First, it results in the breakup of the family, two grandchildren without an at home father, financially less secure, daughter pissed at them so maybe withhold their seeing of the children. Children from divorce have many issues. The second option he stays, but now instead of him being in a marriage all secure and happy he would have this pain. If I was his friend and I knew he would stay would it be to his benefit for him to know? Again, totally different if she was still cheating and her family knew about it, but again they found out years later.

MattblackUKMattblackUKalmost 6 years ago
One of the best stories I have read in a while

Very realistic and kudos for dealing with the BTB crowd in the body of the story.

Well done and you handled the emotions very well.

johnadpjohnadpalmost 6 years ago
@deblackbuster Regarding My Comment

Actually, I choose not to interact with him too much. Second, as far as blinded by his money, I've done very well for myself and am retired in my 40's. He's asked me several times over the years to do some business together and I've declined every time.

The reason we haven't told the wife is for her sake and not his. I've only interacted with her a few times so I don't know her that well. Telling her would be much more negative for her than for him. With the prenup she has very little leverage over him so she has a lot to lose and very little to gain by knowing what he is doing. I've told my other friends I just hope she is fucking around on him too, but from everything I know she is not. Honestly, I truly believe the person that would tell her would be someone jealous of them. To hurt her because she "has it so good" or him because he seems to have "everything".

As far as BTB, since you brought up religion in this case what one should ask "what would benefit the children most" as a truly devote Christian might ask what would Jesus do. BTB in this story would only hurt the kids. The kids don't need an emotionally fucked up mother, a poor mother living in a trailer with them or any of that shit. The aunt and grandparents seemed like they really cared about the kids so depriving them of contact with the kids would also be hurting the children. So if he tells the wife I'm going to have an affair for a couple of months and you're not going to do shit about it and then we can move on that to me is not unreasonable. That doesn't destroy the wife which doesn't hurt the kids.

A REAL man puts the children before his hurt and ego like I said before. And as I said before I would have been just as fine if he divorced her as long as he made sure the kids were as well taken care of as possible- emotionally, psychologically and financially.

johnadpjohnadpalmost 6 years ago
Important Point Missed By The Protagist

How often in these LW cheating wives stories does the hurt party give not being sure that he can trust the cheating wife as a primary reason for not staying in the marriage. But in this case it was the perfect scenario for him to foretell the future which was already here.

In this story eleven years had passed since the cheating (including the pregnancy). So if she hasn't cheated since then that means he truly has a wife that learned her lesson, was contrite, and had redeemed herself. You start over again with a new wife you have AT LEAST a 40% chance she will cheat in the future. So there was every reason to try to see if he could find out if she had ever cheated again.

Now if he decided what he had was worth it to him no matter if she had been cheating or not then it's a different story. Remember before meeting this wife the protagist had grown up without parents, lost his wife and unborn child in that accident, had become homeless because he didn't have a true support system and love, and didn't care about his well-being until he met his future wife. So if this guy decides that he has a loving wife (even if she has cheated on him now and again), has in-laws that truly treat him as a part of the family, and with his children he is part of a large family that is meaningful to him, it is extremely arrogant for others to say no dude you're a loser, a wimp and a cuck if you don't dump her and exact BTB. I have explained in the past I have dumped women for the smallest things (major committment issues and loved variety and could get it easily), so it's not my MO, but at the same time it's truly an asshole move to tell someone you'll only be a man if you dump the family you love, is giving meaning to your life and go be lonely and maybe go into despair like you did before to prove you're "a man". A REAL man, in business, in life, in everything controls his emotions and focuses on what is most important and goes after that to be successful. So only he can decide what is most important and there is no indication this guy was acting out of fear. He made thought out decisions for himself and most importantly for his children.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 6 years ago
@johnadp

"Not telling is not the same as condoning it. Just like if a parent visits a son who committed murder in prison doesn't mean they condone the murder by keeping in touch with him and even supporting him during and after the trial"

You're comparing visiting a son who committed murder to condoning cheating?

A better comparison would be, if a murderer's parents knew he was guilty, and didn't turn him in, would you think they did right thing? By not turning him in, they are condoning it, and if the police find out, they will be charged with a crime.

It's like the friends who know about an affair, and don't tell because they "don't want to take sides." But not telling IS taking a side, so shouldn't you take the side of the victim?

PowersworderPowersworderalmost 6 years ago
@johnadp

"So if she hasn't cheated since then"

Why would he believe a word she says? Megan successfully covered up her affair with Reggie, keeping Sean in the dark for 12 years! She even concealed the fact that Sean isn't the father of his only son. The only thing he knows for sure, is that his wife is a deceitful, manipulative slut.

Every time he looks at his son, Sean will be reminded that his drunken whore of a wife fucked another man and had his bastard. He'll be reminded that she deliberately turned him into a cuckold, that she lied to him for over a decade, and that all her family knew about it and helped her keep it a secret.

Basically the only relationship out of his entire extended family that would be unchanged would be with his daughter, Susan!

Son = bastard

Wife = cheating whore

Sister-in-law = hypocrite and lied to him for years

Wife's parents = lied to him for years

The amount of pain all that betrayal would cause would be colossal and these kind of RAAC endings gloss over that, with the husband just forgiving the wife. I've no idea how anyone could forgive that amount of treachery... trust would be gone, respect would be gone, love would be replaced by hate... what kind of relationship is that? It's like staying married to your worst enemy!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
far worse than the cheating

infinitely so, was the deceit. that was unforgiveable.

Blkman53Blkman53almost 6 years ago
It’s alright !!

Good story, but unless it’s true, there isn’t much in it for guys like me who are looking for revenge/BTB stories because we’ve actually been burned by a cheating bitch in real life.

Well written but not what I needed at this point in my recovery, plus I abhor voluntary cuckold stories. I will continue to check for more of your submissions

johnadpjohnadpalmost 6 years ago
@Sbrooks103x Regarding Your Response To Me

I'll tell you a story I found very interesting at the time. A very good friend of mine used to be a prosecutor in a large metropolitan city. They had a scenario going around and asked the prosecutors what would you do and at a party we were having he asked us all the same question. The question was your 17 year old son had had a bit to drink cut not over the drinking limit, was driving on a windy road late at night that was not well lit and he didn't see this 10 year old kid and hit him, killed him and drove off. The son comes to you and tells you what happened, do you report it to the police.

The question I asked my friend before I was ready to answer his question was well, it's an accident and with that scenario likely he won't get any time if any and my prosecutor friend said actually there is a pretty good chance he would get serious time PLUS have a felony on his record that he would have for life. Try to get a serious job with a felony on your record.

Anyway, what was interesting at the party and he said was the same at the District Attorney's office was that a majority of the women (and female prosecutors) said they would report it and most of the men at the party (and the male assistant DA's) said they wouldn't. The reason the women at the party all gave was (which happened to correspond to the reason by the assistant DA's) that they would want the mother of the 10 year old that was killed to have closure. They reacted emotionally for the other mother and the men were thinking "logically" this was an accident that could ruin my child's life.

So there were many prosecutors that would not report a homicide interestingly (including a majority of the male prosecutors) when the killer is their child. My answer was that I would not report in that situation for the reason I gave above. Now, if I had a psycopath for a child and this was not an accident and he was a danger to society it's a totally different story.

To clarify something about my character as in many of these comments it may seem to some that I condone cheaters. I'm one of those people that never downloaded pirated music and told children in my family and friends that it's no different than stealing. When a cop has stopped me speeding I would tell them the actual speed I was going. I grew up with an older brother that was/is a pathological liar and I abhor liars and lying. I used to conduct business in the millions and people knew if I said I was going to do something and even if I found out later that it's against my interest to do it I will still do it. So it's not like I'm a liar and a cheater so condone cheating. It's just that I try not to be a rigid judgemental person who puts everything in the same category.

Also, for many monogamy is not a reasonable human condition. At least it was never for me. The way I handled it though, hating lying, is that I would tell every woman I dated on the first or second date, that no matter where our relationship ends up you will not be the last pussy I fuck. That way they could decide if they want to still date me or not (and I never had one woman break up with me). Now society says monogamy is a reasonable condition so people attempt at it and when they fail they lie and try to hide it. If you don't believe me that monogamy is not a reasonable condition, the stats say that 60% of men and 40% of women ADMIT to cheating. I'm assuming that they have asked some people who were 30 year olds, 40 year olds, 50, 60 and 70. What I'd like to see only 70 year olds asked that question so that we have a true stat of how likely it is for humans to cheat within a marriage. I mean if a married person said at 27 years old that they've never cheated and that gets logged in the stats as a no that doesn't mean that 60% of women will never cheat in their lifetime. And I'm not saying 100% will cheat in the end. Just that those stats are likely conservative over a lifetime. So if a majority of both men and women will cheat at some point in their lives then isn't non-monogamy the actual human condition? So isn't treating cheating as this abomination akin to stealing or murder ridiculous?

Last point about "taking sides" you brought up. I don't use what's comfortable for me as the standard, but actually thinking about what is best for the "victim". If I know a good friend of mine's wife cheated on him 10 years ago and even if she had a child from that cheating who my friend absolutely loves and adores, I would confront her first. If I truly believe her that she has never cheated on him again, is contrite, and if I assess that she would never do it again I will likely not tell my friend. I wouldn't because I am actually taking sides and thinking of his well being. If he has a great marriage, kids he loves, why am I going to topple the whole thing for him. This scenario actually happened for me. And yes you can have a great marriage if one of the parties fucked up once in a twenty year marriage and had an affair. After all that is more likely the human condition than the other way around :).

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
This one missed the tartget.

While the writing was generally very good and got inside the husband's head it faded into fem fantasy by page four. Let me state that I am not against reconciliation only "At any cost ones". It should always be merited and earned. It is not an easy thing to reconcile, nor should it be. This ending relies on his religious beliefs (although the wife's family were the religious ones), and his truamatic childhood. All well and good so far.

However some details of this RAAC scenario seem a little too contrived, marring its plausibility.

1. He is not a child but a mature adult. The character had developed and grown, his backstory giving him some measure of relief and new perspective on that old trauma. This does not invalidate it but makes the plot's reliance on it slightly less convincing. However, it might have been just as plausible for him to start drinking again as choose to reconcile.

2. The religiousness of the family was extremely inconsistant. She HAS to keep the child but can LIE to her husband, COVET her sister's husband, STEAL her husband's time, happiness and future, BEAR FALSE WITNESS against a neighbour (albeit a fictitious one) and of course commit ADULTERY because this is LW ;) These are all biggies btw. Incidentally Dante Aligheri considered betrayal to be the severest sin possible, punishable with immersion in ice in the deepest circle of hell along with Satan himself for company. Now just imagine why BTB is so popular?

3. The RAAC is handed to the cheating wife on a platter, with no effort (from him or her), no consequence and no significant problems to their relationship (that can't be fixed with one wave of a counselors wand). A betrayal like this should have been striven for and require a lot of hard work to obtain. I realise from the title that that was all down to him but that doesn't make excuse, or make the story better for it.

These things all weaken the reliance of the story on his background providing the impetus to fix things. Additionally it is left all down to him to fix things. As the title says "Just get over things", something that should be considered ridiculous as the injured party of a supossedly GOOD and LOVING, not to mention particularly religious woman. However any good christian (and most bad ones) can tell you that forgiveness cannot be given without genuine contrition. And this wife shows no contrition whatsoever. She lies. cheats, decieves and holds her husband in total disrespect. And worse her oh, so religious family conspire to do so too and then have the brass nerve to tell him to forgive.

This excerpt, I think demonstrates another misconception, especiallly among female writers trying to write men.

"I know some would say I should have just divorced Megan, become a distant Dad and shot the bastard that knocked her up. I just couldn't. I know I'm considered a wimp. But going through my mind constantly was my experience as a child. My best memories of my childhood were when my Dad was alive and my Mother was not clinically depressed."

The poorly unsterstood trope of a man's "fragile" ego is BS. Individuals are fragile, a gender is not. Too many LW writers obsess over a man's pride. Let me tell you, you can live without pride. What you can't live without is self respect. What men need is their dignity and their self respect. Without that we merely exist.

TLDR:

The mistake in this story was to have the husband sacrifice his pride, his happiness, his dignity and his trust, and then toss away his self respect too while pretending that everything can be as it was. The first things would have been okay but the last absolutely not.

3* It could have been so much more.

deblackbusterdeblackbusteralmost 6 years ago
@johnadp

"as a truly devote Christian might ask what would Jesus do" GTFO. No real Christian seriously thinks like that. That's a meme. If he is a real Christian he would let the husband know. You know to be forgiven you have to confess and ask that person for forgiveness too. As for what's the best for the children? Yes because every parent knows exactly the right thing for the children. No parent has ever screwed up their children... What's best for the children is to lie to them and deceive them!

Did he really do the best for them? He's keeping his kids around bad influences. If you do something bad then just cover it up and lie and deceive people. He's also saying actions have no consequences.

Even with a prenup she is still going to get her kids. No judge is going take her kids away from her because of a prenup. I stand by saying your friends are still crappy people. So they are deciding themselves they know what's best for her. She doesn't need to know because knowing won't do her any good because of the Prenup. You guys know what's best for her, not herself. That's the most disgusting thing I've heard in a while. She's still going to get her kids. No prenup can assign that if the kids weren't born yet. If it did then no judge is going to listen to that. A judge will still award her some money. Preach about being a "REAL" man. You guys are all taking the asshole's side and that's just disgusting. Apparently he's a "REAL" man to you because he gives to charity and is a great dad!

"I truly believe the person that would tell her would be someone jealous of them." I really think you're delusional now. Or you are just lying. You preach about being a real man and doing what's best yet say nothing about doing what's right or what's actually the best thing. Why not let her decide for herself. See if she wants to waste her life with that asshole. So it's okay for your SO to cheat on you and no one to let you know because if you found out you would be hurt. They can all have a go with your SO as long as you don't find out. That doesn't sound like a "REAL" man to me.

AGAIN it doesn't need to be BTB. Why do people keep throwing that around. This was pure and total RAAC. Wife sacrificed nothing. Husband sucked everything up. Have the real father pay child support. If the family doesn't want that then have the family pay the "REAL" man child support like FD45 said. I mean you want what's best for the children then you need that $ for support. Soccer is cheap, but college is expensive.

"A REAL man puts the children before his hurt and ego like I said before" So he loses all his self respect because he believes himself the wife was lying to him about having other lovers. He thinks she might still be cheating on him. This is all from his dialogue. You are also talking about coddling the kids, not just protecting them. He's not getting a divorce MOSTLY because of his nostalgia of good times when he was a kid. Sounds like being a "REAL" man to you is all about taking care of the kids with money and nothing else.

So what if the kids don't respect him? What if no one respects him? At least he will be a "REAL" man in your eyes. Face it the wife's family took the easy way out just like your friends are doing. When the going gets tough you see who your real friends and family are. Kind of like how your close friends' friend's wife is going to see if she ever finds out you all kept her in the dark. That would be hilarious if it wasn't so sad.

dragonmann72dragonmann72almost 6 years ago
What I did't understand...

you wrote 'we had a big, traditional Catholic wedding, thanks to her wonderful Parents.' You made this big production about their religion and the fact that they were Catholic and that they don't believe in abortion, but they don't believe in divorce either. You can get your marriage annulled under the right circumstances (and enough money) but not divorced and stay in the church. I assume (bad word) you just missed that one.

I also believe the wording of your title might not have put so many readers of if you had say called it "So Can't We Just Get Over It". That sounds more like a request than a demand.

johnadpjohnadpalmost 6 years ago
@deblackbuster Regarding Your Response To Me

First, I'm an atheist so the only time I ask what would Jesus do is if it relates to gardening in my backyard.

Maybe it's arrogant to think that not telling her is what's best for her, but telling her where now she has to deal with it is also making a decision for her.

Over lunch one time this topic came about and I was of the opinion that she actually knows or suspects but is in denial. One of the friends said he and his wife were out with them to this very nice restaurant and when they stood to leave this model looking woman came up to them started hugging him and talking to him like a lover (in front of his wife and the other couple), asking him when she is going to see him again, etc, etc. My friend who knows he cheats was looking at the wife who was acting like this was just a model he has to deal with in his business. Another time she and the kids came upon him by accident when he was hitting on a beautiful woman and he told the wife oh she is a model I have to deal with when this was just at a mall. She is either buying what he says or is choosing to buy it out of self interest. I believe she is choosing to buy it, but my other buddy who knows him well (better than me) believes that's not the case that she is truly buying his lies. I can't see how it's possible that she doesn't know as he is pretty reckless about it and so many people know (I believe he's even fucked one of her cousins). There are certainly a lot closer people than us to her who must know who have either told her or are choosing not to tell her. If she doesn't know I truly believe it's because she is choosing not to know.

I can honestly say that none of us are snickering behind her back or thinking less about her. We think less of him, but in no way anyone is ridiculing her or thinking less of her.

I gave as him giving to charity as only one example for being a good guy. In discussions with him he has always brought up helping out poor kids and really worrying about poor children. He came from poverty so I think it's a touchy subject for him. It's not a show for our benefit. He comes from old school thinking that a man has the wife that brings up the kids and the mistresses that you fuck around with. In that belief system you can be a good guy and do what he does.

PowersworderPowersworderalmost 6 years ago
@dragonmann72

"they don't believe in abortion, but they don't believe in divorce either."

The Catholic church doesn't believe in contraception either, yet Megan made her husband use condoms. She claimed Reggie used them too and one "broke", but she's a drunken whore, so he probably fucked her bareback while she was too drunk to care.

She's a lip-service Catholic. If she's using contraceptives, then she doesn't follow the tenets of the church. Hiding behind religion as an excuse not to abort Reggie's bastard was bullshit.

In fact, Sean would be wise to get a DNA test done on Susan. I wouldn't trust anything Megan told him about her parentage.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userCinical@Cinical
I haven't listed my favorite authors yet, because there's so many I like and I don't want to leave any out.

SIMILAR Stories