All Comments on 'Just Too Happily Married'

by carvohi

Sort by:
  • 452 Comments (Page 3)
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Fool me once it's your fault. Fool me twice it's my fault!

That wife is like a bad case of the clap. That just refuses to go away. Find a Fool- Kick him in the head!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
crap

The judge and court is just bullshit. It doesn't work like that. The councilor is always a person found qualified from that county. The lawyer is always alowed to speak what ever they want. Then the judge makes a decision. Small rural courts are more backward then city courts but ahear to the same stards most of the time. So the judge and court in tjis story is not reality. Plus the stoty just doesn't really incorporate the children very well. In fact it just forgets sbout them in the end. This story is so far from reality it basically vomes down to a few pages of worhless writing. I gave it a one.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
crap

to much bullshit you need to get your head out of your arse 

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
What a load

This is the biggest steaming pile of crap I ever wasted my time on. You should be ashamed of this drivel.

real69luvrreal69luvralmost 9 years ago
I agree

Those who say it sucks are right. What a load of shit and a pure waste of my time.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
What an intriguing story!

You did a great job in bringing out the emotions of the main character. You had the whole world against a wronged man, and you involved the reader emotionally in his loneliness and hurt. Very few writers are able to do that. Your writing is wonderful.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
I'm only on page 2 but...

I fucking hate the way this story is written. I will reserve my score to the end. But the husband is an absolute idiot and it is so annoying. Does the author think it is amusing, its not humorous its just pathetic and aggravating.

Lets hope it improves! Fat chance!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Absolute trash

This story is pathetic. You drag on forever somethimg that could have been done in less pages. But the ending is fucking RETARDED. He takes her back after all she's done? Next story just put him in a cock cage and a dress and make him live in the basement too..

FD45FD45over 8 years ago
Well, I got called out in the beginnning of the story

And so I decided to think about how to respond.

So I thought about it.

Then I decided to write a comment because I got called out by the author.

So I wrote it.

(The voice doesn't work for me, but it IS a personal style. So the problem is mine)

**

The huge 'trigger' 90% of the commentariat are going through is the re-victimization of the man. I was viscerally SEETHING both times I read this story. And the fact the author can raise such emotions is a bad thing?

So realism check. If a Judge talked a pair of teenagers into 'letting dad have it' to get mom and dad back together, would they listen? You are damned skippy they would!

Where was my disgust though? It is very common in stories such as these (and I made the same complaint to Richard Gerald with his latest) the man FEELS he was the wrong one because 'he nudged her to the ground' and he threw out a woman...who wanted to abandon them all anyway.

This man was a fool and he had NO good retorts. He had MONTHS to have rebuttals for the judge...and he never used a one of them ("She gave you 20 years of devotion. Isn't she entitled to a word?" "I GAVE twenty years of devotion, judge. I didn't get what I deserved either.") See...just rolls off the tongue.

BUT...this story didn't suck as much as I remembered it sucking. Yes, the judge was a shit. Yes, the kids were shits. We have all heard of shitty judges and shitty kids.

But I actually felt pretty good for him when he gave his speech and he walked away. I am all for keeping up ones responsibilities (that is the core basis of a reconciliation) but at that point, what did he own the wife, the kids, the judge? Nothing.

What was really missing was a sense of regret on the part of the judge. Here the author painted with too light a brush. This crotchety know it all pain in the ass, seeing what his plans did, SHOULD have either continued to be an ass OR should have showed deep regret in doing the absolute opposite of what he set out to do AND causing the victimized man a hell of a lot of pain. He did not.

The Reconciliation? I am 9/10ths okay with it. He hit the reset button in his life. No marriage. No wife. No kids. He owed nothing. And yes, while it was only 12 paragraphs, it felt like two years had passed. How much can someone change in two years? Substantially!

My two caveats is when he tossed her into bed and she cried, my response would have been 'Tough titty I am not that man anymore. You take me as I come.'

And yes. Buying her crap. This is just me being disgusted with the man. WHY?!?

Other than that, I actually liked how flagrant his wife was. There was no 'it didn't mean a thing'. For her, it DID mean a LOT!

I just wish the man had been substantially less of a doofus.

But we all know doofuses too.

sugnasugnaover 8 years ago
Women that Love to be Loved

How many people do not really love their spouse? The may love to be loved by their spouse but they do not have the real care for their spouse that one could call love. How many relationships are unbalanced when it comes to what each partner brings to the table? All in my opinion. In many cases that may be fine but when one spouse does not love the other spouse at all, that is a problem. In this case she did not love her husband at all, she never loved him. She loved to be loved by him. She did not really love her kids either, although they may have been in denial about that. This statement is one of such contempt that a person who could make such a statement never loved her husband, in fact, she never knew how to love anyone. She is all, and only about herself. She does not understand sacrifice for her husband or family, even when it comes to something like sacrificing the joys of destroying your marriage and family for the love of your family.

"Ryan," she said, "you were easy. You were easy to please, easy to fool. You believed everything I said. I could have told you anything and you would have believed me. Oh God Ryan, right up to the end, right up to the moment when you actually saw and read my texts you believed it was Matt who was chasing me. For you to even consider that I would cheat on you; it just wasn't in you. For you I could do no wrong. You were so easy to fool. I led you on. I lied. I made up stories and you didn't even suspect, not once. I could get away with anything I wanted."

Unfortunately, in this story the main character has some kind of deficiency. There is something wrong with him. Is he a "people pleaser"? The kind of person who doesn't feel he has any value to the world other than to help and take care of others? That is the only way he is worthy of any attention? Then perhaps this sad man has found his match in woman who is only good at taking love, and has no real capacity to give love. She only showed up in Florida to get her fix of his love. She still did not really show his any real love. This kind of thing sickens me. There is much more to life than either of these two characters ever discovered.

FD45FD45over 8 years ago
Sugna

This is certainly a supportable point of view.

In fact, it essentially ruins the character of the children. They READ that their mom was willing to abandon them for Hot Pants and they initially ran off in disgust, rage and anger.

Now, would kids who read their mom was quite happy NOT being their mom be outraged that their dad nudged (not pushed) their mom and she fell?

I doubt it.

But their sudden reversal...just insurmountable as a literary device.

Kids: "Mom, you suck! You were ready to abandon us!"

Mom: "I didn't mean it."

Kids: "Okay. All is forgiven because of your cocoa. Now let's emotionally rape dad for months without explanation or sympathy!"

How does one get there? While I am sure the author had a good reason for this, he did not convey it adequately to the reader.

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 8 years ago
This was once again a pussy and a cunt

First, I would get the Judge removed, even if I had to hire a hit man. This is the thing wrong with RAAC stories. She can cheat, she can move in with her lover. She was planning to leave her husband and kids. Which both turn out to be as fouled as their whore mother. I would cut the family off, burn down the house and move to Mexico or maybe The Philippines. It was a very close to a MM style story.

(3) Just for the writing.

korba76korba76over 8 years ago
Rarely am I prompted to tell an author....

...what a tremendous waste of time his work was. This, however, meets that definition.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
I'm with korba76

This was a huge waste of time. So many plot holes, contradictions and hamfisted plot devices that made no sense.

But what really gets me is the "postscript". Really? You sit there and talk as if YOU didn't write the whole damn story, asking US about the characters YOU created. How the fuck are WE supposed to know the stories behind your undeveloped characters, when YOU made them, and YOU neglected to show us who they really were. That's just about the dumbest thing I've ever seen, and around these parts that's saying something.

1 star. Would be a zero if not for the fact that the quality of the writing is superb. The story itself just sucks.

nefertiti1330bcnefertiti1330bcover 8 years ago
It Is Only About Sex

We are watching Larry King during the Monica Lewinsky President Clinton scandal. The Harvard Professor Alan Dershowitz was defending Bill Clinton's blow job by saying over and over "It Is Only About Sex". Adultery was normal with rulers around the world. America was over zealous about sex. He admitted Bill Clinton lied under oath, but it was about sex. And everyone lies about sex.

This little story shows for most marriages adultery without the knowledge of the other marriage partner is about LOVE not just sex.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Carvohi is a good writer.,,,,

BUT this was a lame effort. Not credible at all. Was Ryan a complete wuz? I would have told the judge, nicely ... his rulings flew in the face of equity and justice. I would have asked my attorney if this judge could be forced to recuse himself or if we could move for another or an appeal of everything. While the appeals and motions were going on .... I would drain all cash and liquid assets and then I would bail out of the country. Mexico, New Zealand or Spain .... here I come. Ryan's kids turned out to be real pieces of work. Character development and motivations not credible. Plot non-sensical.

Sorry Carvohi. You can do better. I suggest a re-do or a sequel. Don't have to burn the bitch or set the kids straight. Ryan simply accepts he has fallen short of his dreams, stops deluding himself, and though painful beyond belief.... moves on without looking back.

mony50usmony50usover 8 years ago
Good Story

I don't know why people have to be so negative. It was just a story. I thought it was a good story and I enjoyed reading it. I keep checking to see if you are writing a sequel. This just begs for it. Keep on keeping on!

stillaonewomanmstillaonewomanmover 8 years ago
Write a part 2 and then a part 3

Part 2 should all be about Barb, and how she is now. Part 3 should be about the judge and the implications of his meddling ways in marriages.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Sorry, but you've done much better than this.

With all the evidence, no one is so stupid that he would have never looked at the emails or found out where she went. It was ridiculous. Then the judge thing? C'mon.

The writing was okay but the story is really, really weak.

RePhilRePhilover 8 years ago
It's was the kids betrayal

That was the sore point in the plot for myself. Some kids should never be born....

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
5

for a good masturbation story. LOVE LW section of lit. Right dear annony you ass hole?

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
wimpass

After all the bs he went back to her? GAWD what crap!

cadzkaycadzkayover 8 years ago
kids are crap

Kids siding with the cheating bitch? Come on. Disgraceful. Really disgraceful. And after all this he went back to her?? Why cant she talk to him before the affair. Total crap.....

bonnietaylor2bonnietaylor2over 8 years ago
Some people didn't like this story but I think it's shows many REAL PEOPLE in it

So I rated your story a 5. Thanks for a good read, not a jerk off story but it's a real LW story!!

tnoldguytnoldguyover 8 years ago
If a sequel is written ...

there needs to be some serious amends made by his children. They shunned him at his lowest emotional point and left him adrift. That's probably a large part of the reason he left. He was, after all, alone in his own home. Rude, disrespectful and downfight mean aren't adequate enough words of condemnation for them.

xtchrxtchrover 8 years ago
This Guy Is A Good Writer...BUT!

Yes, I think this guy is a good writer but this story thoroughly disgusted me. The wife is a big time cheater and a poor excuse for a married woman. The children are something else, from turning against their mother when they found out she was cheating to turning against the father...didn't make sense. The judge/counselor was another nightmare. I am not usually in favor of running but this guy should have ran as soon as the wife moved back in and the children deserted him. To even think of allowing this woman to even touch him was terrible. He should have ran again.

mony50usmony50usover 8 years ago
Good story

I enjoyed your writing and the story. I just can't see why everybody complains so much because the store didn't go the way they wanted to. Maybe they should get off their dead ass and write one themselves but that's probably not going to happen because they don't have any real talent. Looking forward to your next story thank you

mony50usmony50usover 8 years ago
Anonymous

I would be really glad to hear that someone had finally kicked the anonymous ass.

bonnietaylor2bonnietaylor2over 8 years ago
5

To help offset the asshole of lIt's 1 vote, dear annony the fag

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
1****

I practice law in Maryland, everything outside the separation agreement was pure fiction..... To turn this woman into a victim after she wrote about giving up her kids for him???? No judge would ever allow a child to stay under her roof without counseling first..... Total piece of crap that ruined a night.....

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
3*

Well written and flowed pretty nicely for my tastes. But dear God, how could it have ended like that?

Unrepentant cheater, all but detested her hubby, kids dropped him like a bad habit and aside from some angry bumping and yelling at a neighbor he's villified? Then lo and behold she gets back in his life?

I gave this a 3, cuz I liked it overall but the ending was horrible.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Wow one of the worst

Easily a one vote. I couldn't keep reading it lol made him so unbelievably stupid I couldn't continue. Sorry. written well but content stunk. Sinstalker2

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 8 years ago
Second time through...

Still five stars. This is a tough one. The start is brilliant. As I was reading it I could not remember the ending and I was thinking this is one of the best stories on this site. I was fully engaged and on the edge of my seat. Then the ending . . . It just seemed rushed and not a good fit. After she gives her speech, considering what she wrote in her text messages, given her treatment of him at the house, how is it that these two end up together. It might make sense, and even provide a strong emotional element, had she verbalized some epiphany regarding her actions. Her behavior, and his at the end, reveal that they do love each other. But that was the thing in question when he left the judges office. So what changed? This needs Barb's perspective. Screw the judges story. So my dilemma. . . Do I keep this in my favorites? Only if you write a sequel.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 8 years ago

What ever happened to Saxon Dust? That was your best story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Stupid Story

This story doesn't go anywhere. There is no real ending. The judge said that his wife would get Elaine. Elaine is over 16 years old. She gets to decide which parent she wants to look after her. She wanted to stay with her father. Thus her father gets the house. His son would be in college when the divorce was final. So he doesn't get to choose. If his wife wanted more excitement she could have initiated sex all over the house, I'm sure that the husband would take the lead after a few romps around the house! Like I said a stupid story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
WHAT A CROCK OF SHIT.

His kids turned against their father, knowing what their mother did to him?? Go fuck yourself. You have to be the biggest asshole excuse for an author on the site.

bonnietaylor2bonnietaylor2about 8 years ago
and you dear anony are the asshole of all of LIT!!!!

It's a fictional story dumbass, that means it's not real. Why the fuck do you real these and keep reading these stories in LW section when you fucking know fully well what is going to happen. Get a fucking life as a pay for cock sucker or anything. 5 to offset this fool's 1 vote!!

tazz317tazz317about 8 years ago
AND THAT'S HOW IT GOES

In The Twilight Zone. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Oh Carvohi, the lynch mob is here.

The kids should have been drowned in the pool and the wife had here knee caps busted, Oh, and lover boy should have earned a trip to the hospital. But the story kept me interested and entertained to the end. Thanks and ignore the mob.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Just another cuck

To bonnietaylor2..... Listen you cum drunk bitch.. We know these stories are fiction.. Has your rotten smelling cunt finally got to your brain dead head? No real man would ever have a slut like the bitch in the story is... You and the rest of the cucks and the skanks that like wimps like this are so stupid... I can imagine what you look like... 400 lbs. stringy hair, tits to your knees, haven't showered in years, both teeth yellow, looks like somebody shaved there dogs ass and made him walk backward face.. Just another cuck

dissmissdissmissabout 8 years ago
loved the emotion.

Well written story. So much drama, I could feel Ryan's agony and humiliation on the fateful day of discovery. And later when Barbara revealed her intimicies around her young lover .... that had to hurt.

Truthfully I can't see any man getting over this betrayal. Ryan has to feel everyone has turned against him. He did nothing wrong yet his life, love and hopes went down the tube.

She's now chased him down and wants sensitive lovemaking ....... reliable breadwinner more likely.

4*

sinsational83sinsational83about 8 years ago
Questions, Questions, Questions.................

Good story worth the 4 stars I gave it. Only because, as you have brought up the fact that there unanswered questions. Not just the ones you have brought to light but there is also a question as to what happened to the ungrateful cock-sucking kids. the ones who continued to shun their father and treat him like some sort of alien in his own home. Especially since he was the one that supported them, kept a roof over their heads, bought them their cars. After him doing everything for them just to have them turn around and shit all over him. THEY SHOULD HAVE BEEN KILLED IN SOME SORT OF HORRIFIC ACCIDENT. Me, I wouldn't have put up with it for one minute. We, would have had one hell-of-a talk about the bull-crap, and if they insisted on carrying on like that, they all could go to hell. And they could pay for the house, and everything else in their lives including their education. Anyway, like I said, good story. Well put together, well written, and entertaining. Thank you for sharing it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Gave it 3

Could have easily been a 4 or even 5 but too much was not dealt with.

The kids became assholes without a good explanation.

The stupid bitch wasn't even dissected or really examined and the ending was nice in a way but far too simple and tidy.

I'm disappointed because this could have been a 5 star story instead of unsatisfying.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Pretty good Story

I did enjoy it. However.....were it me,....as soon as the kids turned against me,

I would have grabbed every dollar of cash I could get my hands on and I would

head for an island in the Caribbean that doesn't have extradition agreements

with the U.S. Pretty sure there are still a few. Then let the cheating bitch and

ingrate kids chew on that for a while.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Poof!

Her BMW turned into a Chevy Cavalier. Well, it is Washington County. That and Fredneck have become stupidly gentrified. Miss the old days. Good story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Hated it

Well written. Hated the ending. Hated the judge. Nobody gives a shit anymore.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
sorry

but the bitch won

negative 62,912 for the shitty ending

zman1980zman1980over 7 years ago
The kids

My biggest problem with this story is the kids. They just turn on him, no reason, no reconsiling nothing. There needed to be a confrontation between him and the kids.

looking4itlooking4itover 7 years ago

Two reasons not to like this: judge was an ass as were his kids. Reconciliation was telegraphed from the beginning but there was nothing in the story to support it. Simply an authors choice.

2coastflyer2coastflyerover 7 years ago
Hated it!!

This is not one your better pieces. I hate that she wormed herself back into his life and the perfidy wrought on him by his own kids.

Xzy89cXzy89cover 7 years ago
Outcme not supported by story

She never loved him and told him that in climatic meeting with judge. She barely liked him. He should have had a conversation with kids before he threw them away. Although cutting contact was correct decision.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
GOOD STORY

Call both what you will, but honestly this is a real problem between long relationships some started while in high school through college and some in college. You call them the child sweet hearts. The safe solution for having someone at home, to call home and to call a partner for normal everyday life. This is how Barb looked up Ryan. Sadly there was never any honesty shared from Barb. The admission she could lie, make any story and Ryan her HUSBAND would accept it and believe it. Some ask why? Simple He is her husband and that is what you do as a married spouse. If you cannot have faith, belief, trust or maintain a solid foundation together why bother wasting money and time stay single. Just because you have sex with a younger person, does not make you younger, you are just experiencing new things or styles as in her case. But to carry on a charade for over 20 years is sad. Worse, she tracks poor Ryan down, which, he should have physically tossed her out and said good bye means good bye

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
IT DOES NEED A SEQUEL

Hi there Folks! Too many unanswered questions in the story, like why did the ungrateful kids"a time in the services would do them good" what happens to the house and all that shit?. I believe in Reconciliation. You did well there but still not a word of their kids(that annoys the shit out of me) PLEEEEEEEEEZE FINISH THE STORY! Love you all! GREG. OH 100 % OF READING ENJOYMENT BYE. OH! Old fashion Judges are like that, They care oh hell I don't know

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 7 years ago
I think I agree with you, Jed.

We need more, we need a "what happened next?" chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
What?

What a weak, cuckold, punk, bish! The ending made the story a steaming pile of crap! Negative 100 stars for this ish!

dglnowdglnowover 7 years ago
Pretty Good

While I liked it, it didn't speak to me strongly.

I do like that it wasn't a heartbreakingly bitter ending to it like so, so many similar stories are.

But it did illustrate what so many similar stories also showed, that real, deeply expressed communication was lacking in the whole family. The way the kids treated the father during the separation was down right cruel. But if he or the kids had addressed it maybe it could have shifted.

mony50usmony50usover 7 years ago
More fill

Should have filled out more story about why kids picked her side. But that aside I give you 4 1/2 stars and am looking for more on this story. I do enjoy your story telling. Mony

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
shitty

shitty story ever.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Wimp

After all that, he takes her back? Good build up, but it built to a horrible ending

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
gutter

This story begs for a different ending. I am not for btb in every story, but in this case an ending with her in the gutter, the kids happy in college, and him winning the lottery for millions, I could live with that!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Kak!

Like we say in South Africa KAK! (Shit) No educated man is this dense and trusting. Immediately when the young colleague at the retirement party told him about Matt alarm Bells and sirens should have gone off. But NO! You keep on padding the story … it takes forever for him to realise whereas you readers knew from the outset that wife was cheating. If you wanted your protagonist to keep on trusting it could have been done in two pages. But you carry on - and on - and on! Even when the daughter asked whether he read her mother’s text messages he still talks to her – you keep on dragging to make the story longer. It actually turned a very nice story into a weak piece of writing even with some very good touches here and there. - He who criticizes must have the heart to help. This could have been a brilliant story if you stuck to the story and cut ALL the unnecessary crap like: - Both children turning on him, the judge playing councillor, the visit to his friend who had a similar problem, Barbara’s eventual tell-all, he retires and becomes a troubadour just to you can let them reconcile at the end! It needs to be much tighter!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Such BS

She ruined his life, completely and devastatingly insulted his entire married life, turned his kids against him, and ostracized him with his family and he gets back with her? Bullshit.

Either there is more to the story or it is just unbelievable.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Another weak pussy

Most of your males characters are disgusting weak males who can't keep their balls in place and they lose it at the end of your stories. Ugh!!!

What's most dfisturbing is that since most of your stories goes like this, you must find this and acceptable reconciliation tale. I pity you if that's the case.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

What happened to the kids?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
2* Too Unbelievable

2* for trying. Author is still in a rut. Husband is still a obtuse weak passive twit.

Wife is still brown haired air-head. Judge who asks couple to his house for counselling? B.S. After what the slut wife says, he takes her back??? Author lives on Fantasy Island.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
1*

It sucked. Way to unbelievable..

Schwanze1Schwanze1almost 7 years ago
Fuckemall

The kids, the wife, the judge...all of them. She cheats and they ostracize him? Fuck the little bastards and fuck the judge. They would piss me off worse than her behavior. She would stand a better chance of getting back in my life than me ever spending another dollar for those two little bastards. Dammit yeah the story pissed me off.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Nope

I live in Maryland, one of the most progressive states in the country with the highest per capita household income in the nation, yet you act like it's the backwoods of society..... I don't mind happy endings when deserved, this was a forced RAAC piece of garbage..

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
BULLSHIT

Why would the kids turn against the dad after they know what their cheating,slut mother had done to rip apart the family. That part of the story and the judge were just way too unbelievable.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
the Story Itself Was Well-Written

But the plot was God-awful. There was absolutely nothing redeemable about Barbara, Derek or Judge Landis. If it were me, just before I left I would have set fire to Derek's Jeep, Elaine's Toyota, Barbara's BMW and the house. And maybe the judge's house, too.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
1* because the second half was terrible

why would he even TALK to this whore ever again ?

she proved she was a whore . why would you associate with a whore after you went through the trouble of divorcing her ?

this whole ending is stupid as fuck .

cuckolds need to die .

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Lame ending

He left then just accepts her back??

He should have ignored her or had another younger woman move in with him.

His wife had betrayed him, then his kids betrayed him. Remember his daughter said "I love you daddy", then she and her brother completely ostracized him. With a family like that, being alone would be much preferred.

silentsoundsilentsoundalmost 7 years ago
Yuk

Some of this story was good. When he left and became a bartender, it was good. He should have had a girlfriend by the time the slut showed up. She had a hell of a lot more coming than to be readily accepted back into his bed.

When she got there, he should have fucked the shit out of her, treating her like the whore she is.

The kids need some hard knocks too for betraying their father.

Very lame plot and outcome.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Dad

Great. Breath of fresh air,.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Mmmmmmmmmmm

Horrific. Kids for no reason went to the dark side. Just appallingly done.

jott50jott50almost 7 years ago
The kids?

Why did his daughter who was a self described 'daddys girl' take up with the mom and ostracize the dad. It doesn't make sense. After all it was the two kids that had first read the damaging texts. They were the ones that left their mother to face the music. Why did Barbara follow him to key west when he was such a boring, predictable mate that she felt it necessary to begin an affair. Why did she essentially abandon her minor daughter to follow her estranged ex husband. So much was left on the table with this one that one maybe two chapters would have been justified. 5stars in any case.

HB4DBHB4DBalmost 7 years ago
well written but....

I whole heartedly agree with you postscript, especially, that of not enough "fleshing out" of Barbara. To many questions left unanswered. What was behind her looking good in court and smirking, instead of being lost and wanting. Did she still have her lover? I couldn't tell. Another chapter regarding her specifically would make this story much more satisfying as would their apparent reconciliation following the divorce. He and the children were so well developed and his detailed thought processes, that to have virtually nothing of hers, except her 'confession' while in counselling, was not enough.

His hatred was soo keen, and the family ostracism so severe, that just leaving one day to discover his lost life without any explanation of the steps it took for him to recover and accept Barbara seem like a huge leap that was not described in enough detail. Also, I remained frustrated that he never confronted Barbara directly after months of hate. Most people could not hold out that long, especially someone like him, with as much bottled up inside I he was portrayed.

I just think some shoring up of the characters, the relationship and its stages would be in order, and would like to see you write a sequel chapter or two regarding this couple.

I gave it 5 stars as it was well written, but likely won't be one I would re-read often because of its lack of a satisfying reconciliation and complete lack of communication and avoidance of this couple to address the elephant in the room. Why would she even what to find him again and why would he even consider taking her back?

C_frommnC_frommnover 6 years ago
Liked the Story

But to add to your Points what about the Kids did they know about Mom's Lover and look the other way until their Dad changed before their eyes. And did he stop seeing other women because she stepped into his Life.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
HE WAS RAILROADED

Poor guy was railroaded to the slaughterhouse. The bitch played him and pretty much told him he was a boring wimp. Everybody took the mother side. Fuck all of them. We're born alone and die and go wherever we go alone. Move on, and start over. To LOVE a woman who doesn't love you is a waste . I don't believe she really loved him. For years she loved the stability and security he represented. His gifts were just considered a token for sex. Man I would never ever speak to that woman again. The judge is just an utopia a mirage in the mind of a writer. Judges that act as counselors do not exist. But since the story is a fantasy anything goes.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
1*

Who wants to read abput a spineless fucking gimp? His wife and kids were the fucking worst. Bo resolution as to how the cunt Barb suddenly re-entered his life (this reunion eas shabby! I tracked you down through a PI, now we’re alright? Fuck you). No word on his bastard kids either. Fuckwit. 1*

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Illegitimus non carborundum!

I think your stuff may be too subtle or thoughtful for a lot of readers. But, why do those who profess to hate your work keep reading it? I've found a simple method for dealing with authors I don't like--I don't read their work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
UGH!!!!

You were right....you ramble! Had to skip over much of the story because....you ramble! The basic story was good until you had her come back into his life, then it just hit the skids! Fair story, bad ending!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Wife was a bitch

Not once did she think about allowing him to eat her out after her lover came in her. Only 4 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Another name for "attorney" is "Counselor"

Would a Judge do private family counseling? Maybe- he'd get a tax break, it looks good for the community, and more important- it could be that counseling could have saved his marriage from 45 years before. Maybe from guilt so he does this service. Did Barb make a serious mistake? "Never fish off the company pier", "Don't shit in your own drinking water or shit in the food you eat". Both of these American term's mean "You don't date co-workers while you're still employed there". Did Ryan over-react? Maybe, maybe not- if he had a reputation as a "hot head" then it might be considered normal- for him. Let's assume he's always done "The right thing". There comes a time when a man must spit on his hands, and raise the black flag of Piracy to kick ass and take names. Some guys never have to do this; other guys (such as myself) have left the black flag up so long it's frayed around the edges from being weather worn. "I did not cry, and because I did not cry, the heart within me turned to stone".

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
My 2 Cents

Almost a Matt Moreau quality story - nuf said

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
huh??

The children also read their mom's texts in which she stated she did not care about them and would leave them for matt.

For them to side with their mother is unfathomable...especially to completely cut dad out of their lives.

After her rant during counseling for him to take her back as anything but fuck buddy is also ludicrous.

But it is carvohi's story...well written though absurd...and no mention of lawsuit against company whose officers knew about affair.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Kids

The only thing that bothers me about the story was the Kids. How did they turn so cold? Did they ever regret the ending? Just do a followup about the Kids. Loose ends aren't good.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 6 years ago
Bad Ending

I liked this until the end. He did everything right, and got shit upon, even by his own sisters and the kids who were the ones to discover his wife's cheating.

Then, when he goes away and lives his life for himself, is ex-wife won't leave him alone!

For me, one of the biggest turnoffs when his ex, who found him "boring," and craved the uninhibited sex she had with Matt, didn't want the Matt sex, wanted the sex that she had found so boring!

Another thing that bugged me was the financial settlement being based on her CURRENT earnings. I don't know the law, but in every story I've read, the husband is always told that he can't reduce his alimony by quitting his job. Maybe that's not true, but if it is, then she shouldn't be able to increase hers just because her earnings have dropped, especially when it was her own actions the caused them to drop.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
I agree with sbrooks103x

You ruined it at the end. I don't care if the judge is ral or not, When she told him aburt her betrayal when she ripped the heart of his chest, to me there was a point of no return. She never apologized, she never said she loved him, she never showed the smallest sing of remorse. Which are the foundations for these new relationship? Whores like her he can find a dozen... Good guys like hin, not so much.

She's an entitled bitch who lost her job and returned to plan B: You truly wimped him out at the end. Shitty ending, ruined story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
this story goes to the Hall of Shame

At a certain it made me remember Of All People from the BigGuy33. It certainly ranks high in the Hall fop Shame of the lamest and worst stories in the LW category. I have'nt read all your stories, but this must be on of your worst.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Nope! I Don't Buy It!

He did ALL the stupid, priedictable things. Me, once I found out what she was doing, I'd of done all the financial things, then I'd of just disappeared. No traces, no forwarding of mail, no credit/debit cards, no bank accounts, no use of my social security card(pay under the table, if I stayed in the US), just gone. Let her deal with the NEW LIFE she created.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
The best stories,,,,

,,,,,are those you read again after 3 to 5 months, then reconsider what the implications means. This is one of my favorites.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
This story was over

When his son moved in with mom and the kids ignored him. Fuck her, fuck the kids, fuck his sisters, and fuck the judge. Those should have been his last thoughts. Too bad carvohi fucked up a decent though painful story.

TLB1981TLB1981almost 6 years ago

what she should do now tell the kids his sisters everything how she tricked him so they know how big a mistake they made in trusting her to tell the truth then they need to get back in his good graces and then tell to make it right or go to hell.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
First of all,

How many times does the daughter have to say ‘read the texts’ before he reads the fucking texts? I know that love is blind but deaf and dumb as well? I agree with the other commenters who felt that once the kids turned on him it was over. Still, it’s your story to tell. Not a believable reconciliation, though; too much pain (she not only blew up the marriage, she effectively destroyed the family) and no reason to take her back was offered. Just my opinion, right?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
sorry but this is pure shit

Shes an unrepentant cunt. He got boring wtf did she do to liven it up. glad you stopped writing you're awful

matuateneiramatuateneiraalmost 6 years ago
This is a brilliant story

This story captures the reality of Barbara's limitations. She was unable to withstand her infatuation, and was unable to foresee the consequences because of her mistaken faith that whatever happened Ryan would be able to work things out. Her children ended up supporting her because they understood her fallibility. Ryan split because it was an opportunity for him to take a new and better direction. When they reunited it was on Ryan's terms but it was a new relationship, recognizing that what they had together was different but still worthwhile. The story brilliantly captures the reality of relationships where burning all bridges is not the best way to move forward. 5 stars.

rhodekillrhodekillalmost 6 years ago
Ok I have serious problems here

I don't usually comment on stories like this and yes my problem is deeply personal. This story is fairly close to my life story. After my wife put the horns on me and pretty much everyone tried to tell me I was making too much of my wife's infidelity (including my teenage/adult kids) I felt completely defeated. I left. My ex actually found me and tried to start things over again. There is no way in hell I would ever have anything to do with her again and she seriously was surprised?!?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago

I stopped reading when the judge got involved. You have to seriously suspend reality to finish any of Jed's stories anymore.

oldbearswitcholdbearswitchalmost 6 years ago
Jed how could a writer as talented as you screw up a story ending so badly?

This ending has to be a troll.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous