All Comments on 'Just Too Happily Married'

by carvohi

Sort by:
  • 446 Comments (Page 4)
AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Great piece

I really enjoyed the story. I guess I could identify with Ryan. I went through this type of relationship, pretty much did what he did to my ex, only through the bed out with her. We got back together for a couple of weeks but I was done. Never saw her again though, I’m glad. Though it was a revenge story to me it had a realistic ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
P. T. Barnum said it best....

There is a sucker born every minute. Ryan has a sign on his back that say's kick me. The wife,the kids and Ryan are all losers and none of them are in the remotest interesting or anyone I would want to read anymore of!!! Gave this sorry tale a 2.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Let down

Soooo she got away with it? Virtually no retribution? Did i miss something, like what happened to the spoiled brat kids? Gave 2 stars cause the writing itself is good, but the story, not so much.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

Some commentators are just as bad as the fucking author. He got shit on. His wife shit on him, disrespected him, belittled him to his fucking face. Even his kids, the ones he'd raisedm at least - who the fuck knows with Barb (?) turned against him. How the fuck is that fair? Fuck this! He got shit on a LOT! And you know what? After taking her ass back, he fucking deserves more shit. I hope neither of his fucking ungrateful brats have an ounce of respect form him, assuming they still do, and that the cunt continues her fucking around. Maybe they'll both end up with STDs. Fuck 'em

This was a waste of fucking time. Barely deserves a one, and it's a shame we can't rate it lower

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Well it's been 5 months since I last read this story

I see what the haters have written. I've seen what happens in real life. And I realize the haters have no idea what they're talking about. They've never been in love, divorced or even have kids. They're foolish enough to start off with "WELL, I WOULDN'T HAVE DONE THAT!" All I can say is "unless you've walked a mile in those boots? You're farting out your mouth and you've got very bad breath. The breath of ignorance."

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
This one made me laugh......it was that stupid.

Our hero deserved everything that halpened for being such a dumb fuck.

He lets his wife kids and judge shit on him.

The very personna of "loser"

Totally stupid story with no redeeming characters, plot or action.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Yes, I guess I am a hater

In her speech in front of the Judge, she told her husband three things.

1. She loved him very much. She said that but she kind of invalidated those words with her other statements,

2. She told him that he was worthless to her as a man. Or maybe useless.

3. She let him know that she wasn't sorry for anything she'd done, except for getting caught. When she told him about this, it really got her going.

This was a story about a man who hadn't filled his wife's needs. It was also a story about a wife, who didn't seem to have owed her husband a fucking thing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
I think,,,

This is my favorite of all the stories. "A Town without honor" is second, "The Bridge" and it's sequel by another author.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Really sucky story

In Key West, he could set her up with dozens of young fucks and he could suck them while she fucked them. The writer is a closet gay cuck.

etchiboyetchiboyover 5 years ago
Phooey!

He shoulda’ eF’d the shit out a her. Give her exactly what she was looking for when she ruined the marriage. Hopped on a plane and went to Austrailia to find his childhood friend.

Of course he probably would have been killed by one of the Blue Ringed Octopi, or one of those nasty ass Funnel-web Spiders, but it would have been a hell of a ride. Especially having bedded one of Elle McPherson’s 2nd cousins he met on a Sydney beach.

He did love her, but she didn’t love him, and she turned the kids against him. The stupid RAAC with buying her crappy potter was just over the top. No. She showed no real remorse. The judge was right when she never said she loved him. She was toast.

ErotFanErotFanabout 5 years ago
Alternate ending

I know! Writers say the story wrote itself and stopped where it should. OK. That being out of the way:

You should have ended at the walk-out then added the postscript.

THEN... A sequel with Barbara and Ryan. Ryan's new life was given short shrift. Barb, Derrick and Elaine sequel must not have gone so well for her to seek him out. It must have been more than "regrets" and "discovering what she lost." It certainly wasn't guilt!

I almost got the impression you were fishing around for someone to take up a sequel.

Did any authors offer?

BaddestmanaliveBaddestmanaliveabout 5 years ago
Good Writing

This was a great story . The husband was "old reliable" and the wife got bored. Instead of talking to him she had an "exciting" affair with a younger man. They reconciled but the relationship will NEVER be repaired. I have had 2 friends who went thru similar situations with cheating wives. They both reconciled but neither marriage is as strong. They stayed for the kids. Cheaters are selfish assholes . Change is possible but not likely. Good writing .

PiperHamlinPiperHamlinabout 5 years ago
I don't feel a sequel is necessary

Not every detail needs to be filled out. For me it's enough to know that Barb regretted her actions and Ryan accepted that. A sequel that only answers questions, doesn't really do anything for me.

The one type of sequel I'd see having merit is the story from Barb's point-of-view, starting at the point where she and Ryan had the confrontation. Everything prior to that I felt was sufficiently explained in her dialogue. The internal thoughts from that point forward would be interesting, as well as everything she did behind the scenes to locate Ryan and win him back.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago

Not sure I've ever seen a more clueless, idiotic, brain-dead male character written.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago

Yes, it rambled, but the writing is stellar. Unfortunately, it went from a great story to an absolute train wreck with the ending.

norcal62norcal62almost 5 years ago
Had to jump around to understand this piece.

Stuffed with all sorts of fluff; following a doofus hubby and his wanderings. Put it to a 1* from a 2*.

cybojicybojialmost 5 years ago
There

Is so much truth about what he said about expectations. Btw this is second read for me. A man is to be a pillar of strength and provider. The judge tore the barriers down and exposed the problem. The kids were portrayed a little unrealistic....the daughter would not be so forgiving. For the wife to think that she could fool him at any time and smile about it...well. I would spit in her face every time I would run into her. Our hero was a man trying to be what is right and what is expected of him. The rest of the characters ran off the rails... not him. Great work. 10. Be a cowboy.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Shit characters

The kids are wrong, first they leave the house disguised with their mother actions, then they line up to their mom who caused all that drama and treat the victim (DAD) with disrespect and neglect him completely - are they from another planet?.

BriteaseBriteasealmost 5 years ago
One of the best stories

Even on a second, or was it a third read? People are complicated and you never really know how you’d react till something happens, and then you can surprise yourself.

Why shouldn’t he get back with her? If that’s what makes him happy, then why punish himself.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Well written tripe

The wife and children are loathsome, as is the creepy, dishonest old judge (e.g., the comment shouted to the neighbor was not, and could not be construed as, an actionable threat, and the throwing of the wife out was not "battering"). Worse, the husband is made to cuck out at the end. The problem here is not that the characters are undeveloped, but that the pieces assembled don't constitute an even remotely plausible story. And you just couldn't resist reverting to the typical LW trope by turning the husband into the stereotypical weak LW male.

In reality, given the betrayal and having seen the texts, the children would have been substantially alienated from their mother (not just the betrayal, but she was willing to abandon her children). On those facts few, if any, judges would order "counseling". The idea that a judge would "counsel" is laughable on several levels, not to mention the likelihood that it would violate a judicial code of ethics (even in a state like Maryland). Again, on the facts, if she had followed him to Florida, no Ex, on these facts, would give her the time of day. Fiction does reveal the values of an author, a fact that no amount of "it's just made up" protestations will change (you don't write about sympathetic pedophiles, do you...). What this story says about the author is unfortunate.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Sorry, but no

I usually like your stories. This one? The main character is a total wimp, the wife is the perfect, heartless, sociopath, the kids sociopaths also. The judge? Completely unrealistic, just the first private meeting should be enough to get any ruling of his overturned. Sorry, you write well, but this story is not credible and the characters suck.

Blaster63Blaster63over 4 years ago
Didn't like it.

Have enjoyed the other stories you've written, but didn't do justice to your other work. Just saying, another story to finish the short coming of this one would really be helpful.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Imbecile Hubby

What a 'dude' of a Husband . Even when a blind can see writing in wall about 'cheating' of Wife, the idiot look other way.

How can it be possible ?

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Ryan blow it!

He lived only a short distance from Washington DC. He should have just sold the house and move to the capital without taking Barb. He could still work in Maryland.

Jhbrown27Jhbrown27over 4 years ago
Good story

Well written good story. Regardless of other comments I've known people like this. Known a couple guys who held their wife in this regard, me included. I'm glad in this case everything turned out okay for him, but most guys could not change their life style so drastically. Anyway, good story. Two happy people at the end is better than most.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Just no

Why would he take her back after what she said about him? Just no. She was a selfish delusional whore and she doesnt deserve the years where he is finally free. Im normally all for couples reconciling but not in this case. The bitch and his family deserved to be tossed away.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Think it'd be a hell of a good movie

I've hesitated the past few years on grading this story just because of how good it really is. Try rewriting it as a movie script then selling it to Hallmark for a little extra cash

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
maryland failures?

A lot of losers come out of the east coast. Almost as many as live in California...

you need to add the tags of: spineless and pushover to your story description

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
No matter how....

....bad the infidelity, the betrayal, there is NEVER an excuse for the kind of violent, rough handling this coward was guilty of. When that happened, I found nothing redeeming in either character. 4 stars for the story

NegativeNellyNegativeNellyabout 4 years ago
Why?

In most stories here in Loving Wives, when the wife cheats with a coworker, why does the husband automatically get the wife fired/demoted before there is a separation agreement or the divorce is final? Until then they are legally married and it very well could cause him to pay alimony. I guess in fantasy land they don’t have to pay...smh

MarkT63MarkT63about 4 years ago
Pissed

I was very disappointed in the daughter. She betrays the Dad just as bad as the whore wife!!! I would have took both cars back to the dealer. Let the ingrates walk to school. I would NEVER let the bitch move in to my Key West home. He turned out to be a CUCK in the end...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
cucks get one star

if he is going to give up his new life to shack up with the lying cheating whore, why bother to leave her in the first place?

Also I would have fucked the judges wife, see him put together his own reconciliation

Also fuck the kids, I'd have waited til the get married and hired hookers to fuck their spouses

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
GET OUT OF HERE!

I would like to see another chapter or two in this. That said, if she'd cheated on me and I threw her stuff out, had she gotten in my way, she'd have been MAJOR SORRY!! Love your writing.

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 4 years ago
Read it again

Like a bigguy33 story. Started out great and then went all to total shit. Tortured the poor bastard like a bug under a magnifying glass at noon. Like I said the first time, fuckemall. What a turd this became.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Why?

How could you reconcile him with the selfish slut? Aargh just when he was free of her, you went and ruined it. Hated this.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
gonna give you 3 stars.

Story was good, however I think the old judge was way over his authority. Also his wife simply destroyed a good marriage, then she destroyed his relationship with his children. The children ended up being ungrateful little twits that will fail in life and blame their Father even if it on them and their Mother. Time to do a rewrite.

QuintiusQuintiusalmost 4 years ago
The injustice in this story burns like fire

A lot of commenters for this story are up in arms over the pushiness of the judge. In all honesty, he didn't bother me. Yeah, he was heavy handed but I feel that he was just using every tool at his disposal to try to ease them into the next phase of their lives. He seemed to know straight off that the only way to get Ryan to comply was to brow beat him. The only way to get him to sit down and not fly off the handle in a rage was to bully him into it. And Ryan did need to sit and listen for his own sake, so he could really understand what had and was going to happen. He understood that Ryan probably wouldn't reconcile but he needed to calm down or he'd be in a big pile of legal shit he wouldn't be able to dig out of. The judge also seemed to know that Barb didn't understand the depths of the harm she'd caused and the only way to get her to see that was for them to talk. That's why, for all his bossiness early on, he put up no road blocks in Ryan's way once Barb made her disastrous confession.

No, I was fine with the judge. What I was NOT fine with was Ryan's entire fucking family. What a bunch of screaming assholes, especially his kids. The bitch chases after and seduces some douchebag at work and RYAN'S the one who gets ostracized? Why, because he tossed her out of the house and pushed past her and made her bump her shoulder? Nobody thinks what she did was what really destroyed their family? Neither kid has any sympathy for their father who's loved them steadily all their lives? Nobody can see that Barb manipulated them and made Ryan out to be the bad guy even though she's the one who betrayed them all? With kids and sisters like those, I would have left the state, too. What a bunch of cocksucking jerkoffs.

In the end Barb chases him down to Florida and somehow eases back into letting him take care of her undeserving ass again. No indication is given of how she atoned for all the harm she did, the betrayal, the lack of love, the lack of gratitude she's had for all his sacrifices. The kids aren't anywhere in sight, so chances are she never bothered to try to convince them to make up with their father. What kind of ending is this? If you're going to make them reconcile at least make it somewhat realistic. This ended like a stev2244 story. The ex just moves back in, fucks him and everything's hunky-dory again.

Very, very unsatisfying conclusion. This man deserved justice.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Not good

The Landis character is ridiculous. You know nothing about family law courts if you think this can happen. "Did Barbara get the bum's rush?" Are you out of your mind? Finally, the RAAC reeks of implausibility given Barbara's depth of betrayal. This story is scored too high, and I say that was a fan of your writing.

Huedogg2Huedogg2almost 4 years ago
your right about this not being good

this guys has to be the biggest fucking idiot in history, nope that's just about everyone in a Matt Monroe story. Dude, when she found you it had to be one of your sister or Elaine. If you ran the first time, why take her back now. Your a stupid ass motherfucker.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsalmost 4 years ago
I do like this story.

It's more complex than most stories here and it rings a very sad note of truth. That's a tough reconciliation to accomplish, but maybe the time apart makes it possible? The kids were a disappointment. Interesting story well told.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Waste 15 minutes of my life

The story is good. But the ending is garbage.

TorgauTorgaualmost 4 years ago

You are never too old to be a cowboy. He should have headed out to Montana or Wyoming where real men do real work everyday. Ryan's flight to Florida was akin to extending an invitation to Barb to join hubby in a semi-paradise setting. He should have moved to, say, Jordan, Montana, a wonderful place--I've been there, done that--that may have one bar, one small grocery store, one cafe, one gas station, and only a handful of nonetheless wonderful people living in a county larger than some east-coast states. Plus, the fishing at Fort Peck Reservoir is beyond compare. Summers are brutally hot, spring and fall are too short, and winter is freezing cold. Then, and only then, if Barb had followed, it would have shown more commitment on her part. Oh well, you can lead a horse to water, but what are you going to do with a wet horse? Thanks for writing the story. It was enjoyable, but, at least for me, the ending too short, too happy, and not believable. 4-stars.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
What?

This is the fifth story I have read of yours. I'll say right up front, I'm a reconciliation fan. Loved "For Better or For Worse." It had believable characters, a repentant wife, a forgiving and loving husband, a supportive mother-in-law, and kids who just wanted their parents to stay together but understood where the blame fell.

Then I read "A Simple Case of Infidelity." A bad soap opera. The story made no sense, mostly because characters changed personalities for no discernable reasons, except PLOT! and DRAMA! Like I said, a bad soap opera. Other commenters have pointed out the story's many flaws. I have no inclination to retread their good work.

"Sally's Trip to the Theater" delighted me. A sweet but insecure wife acts stupidly. Her loving, but hurt husband guides them both back on track. Great! I decided to try another story of yours. I chose your sequel "One Rule for the Rich." Ummmm. What can I say except you strayed into Angiequesophia territory. I so loathed your characters that if you had them all shot in the head at the end of the story, I wouldn't have cared. And now we are at this story.

First, I enjoy your style, but this was a the third story, out of five I have read, where I have no idea in what world your characters live. They sure don't seem to inhabit this world. Or if they do, despite my having lived in eleven U.S. states, extensively travelled theoughout six continents, lived in both Europe and Asia, I have never met anyone who acts like your characters do here. And that includes having a sharp-tongued northern German mother who wooed my cheating father back to her. So I have some familiarity with off-beat family situations. But I have never come across a cast of characters so off-putting and inconsistent as you placed in this story.

1. The kids: They read Barb's texts where she places fucking her home-wrecking lover over her two kids, and the kids side with her against their, in your description, amazing dad. Really? I don't know any teens in this world who would act like that. I actively hated both kids by the end of the story. What was the point of that?

2. The judge: Meddles in a marriage because of his granddaughter? But knows Barb is a duplicitous, hate-filled whore? And he sides with her? By the end of the last "counseling" session I was hoping the husband would suddenly pull out a knife, stab Barb in the throat, then stomp the judge to death yelling , "How do you like them apples, old man?" Then disappear to start a new life only to return to screw his son's wife and gloat as his daughter dies of AIDs. And I'm a reconciliation fan. Tells you how much I disliked the judge, Barb, and the kids. What was the purpose of writing them like that?

3. The sisters: The less said of those faithless whores, the better

4. The husband: You really did something in this story. By the end, I was glad Barb cheated on him, despised him, turned his kids against him and manipulated his sister's. What a loser! Let me count the ways you wrote him as the biggest gamma loser in the history of fiction. First, he never confronts his kids about their chosing the white over him. He never points out his steady love versus her placing fucking her lover over them. Second, he never confronts Barb in front of the judge for leaking the counseling sessions to the kids and his sisters. He just emotes, like the little gamma loser you wrote him as. He never gets his lawyer to file anything against the judge. He never records the crazy judge's manipulative "counseling" sessions and releases them to the media. He never confronts anyone about anything. Like I said, by the end of the story I was glad Barb fucked him over. I was surprise you didn't end the story with a gang bang between Barb, the judge, the two kids, and the sisters while the husband sat in a chair emoting and emoting and emoting.

So this is the second out of five of your stories I have read where if you had all of your characters shot in the head at the end, I would not have cared. I'm going to continue to read everything you wrote as I enjoy your style. I just hope the rest of your storues are more in the vein of "For Better or For Worse" and "Sally's Trip to the Theater" than this dud.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

I couldn't help thinking that Barbara wasn't very smart. At least emotionally she was pretty dumb, and as a true dumb person, she thought fooling her husband was proof of her cleverness.

The things that really bugged me was the behavior of their children, and that he did not do his very best to set them straight, as any good parent would. In fact, he did nothing. He let them ostracize the only dependable parent they had, scarring them both for life. He let them depend solely on a parent who had stated in writing that she wanted to leave them, and that, in my view, is unforgivable. But it did serve to distance the reader emotionally from the children, so that the main character could selfishly run off to "find himself".

I also do not understand why he would let the ex move into his home and pursue a marriage like relationship with her. A FWB relationship, or maybe even an open, light romantic one I could understand, but not this. Nor do I get her motivation for wanting this. After all, as she said during her honest moment, she only saw him as boring and dependable, and then as not sexy, but scary exiting.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Garbage

what an immature narcissistic sociopathic cunt .. fuck no you don't take her back. Did she try to liven things up..nope . Out the door she and those two traitorous brats too

lee5456lee5456over 3 years ago
Fuck that stupid bitch & those bratty kids

The wife, the judge, those stupid kids were all fucking idiots

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Nothing to like here

and no one to like either

clm

gp302gp302over 3 years ago
Awful Story

Why would the kids abandon their father? Why was the judge so tolerant of her behavior? Why did she not show any love for him or any expressed remorse? How could a man abandon his children even after they had joined their Mother’s side? Carvohi, you are too good a writer to publish this story.

WargamerWargamerover 3 years ago

Another useless story about another useless loser wimp.

This really is a bad story......

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Nope!

Why would you even want to write a story about such a pathetic wimp? Just another pathetic RAAC story.

theVikingSailortheVikingSailorover 3 years ago
A well-written story

As a writer, you are one of the best. I was surprised at some of the negative comments. The usual name-calling ne'er do wells are to be expected. It is the others that, at first, I didn't understand. Perhaps I do. This story ended with unresolved questions and an ending that was mixed. . . not happy but not completely unhappy. We mostly like happy endings, but, if the ending is unhappy, we at least like to have it clear; something affirmed, whether good or bad, black or white. I wasn't satisfied with the mixed ending. But, then again, that is life, isn't it? The ending is as it should be. Your story had the ring of truth. Well done. As to the judge? He tried. . .he tried.

WargamerWargamerover 3 years ago

Second time around. I really disliked this story. The bitch got away away with it, wrecked his and his families lives and walked scot free. She was a sociopath, thru and thru and was aided and assisted by all and sundry.

Talk about betrayal. Truly, would u let such a bitch back into your life??

I know I would not. I suspect Carvohi would not either. She is just too destructive.

A wasted story.

I’m sticking with my 1/5 score from earlier.

RePhilRePhilabout 3 years ago

Great writing as usual. I wish I had the ability to write two consecutive sentences lol. To the detractors. Take a Valium. Not all men are concerned by principles such as self respect or are the standup kind of guys. Without those men as painted herein the rest of us would just be average. So instead of crapping in this great writing feel lucky there are those below you in the male food chain. As for the wife, simply an LW cookie cutter character that deserves no afterthought nor deep commentary.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
"I'll leave my husband. I'll leave my kids"

You can't ever forgive that.

markivunibmarkivunibabout 3 years ago
Poorly written , bad in fact pathetic ending.

I read this story multiple times to check why people gave ao many positive comments to this story.

But I found out that writer must have been drunk to write the way he did or somewhere in middle forgot what he intended to write.

Overall pahetic.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Well, that was interesting . . .

I've never understood stories like this, but then I read RePhil's comment and now it all makes sense. He wrote, "Not all men are concerned by principles such as self respect ..."

And there you have it. This is, indeed, one of those stories written about a man with no self-respect. It's quite sad that some readers see themselves in those stories. I just hope that someday they get the help they need.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I like a good RAAC. This wasn't it. Perhaps one of the worst out there.

IkarisIkarisalmost 3 years ago

The children's behavior was screwed. Why did they take the mother's/cheater's side? Its interesting, but after the "I'll leave my husband, and my kids" and the sheer disrespect she showed her husband...It's a sad story, with a even sadder ending.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcalmost 3 years ago

Working my way down your list...LOL! I do like how you presented Ryan as our hero and from his perspective, he was, but you did leave turds along the way to show he was flawed in many ways. Not as flawed as Barb, but enough to increase the heat in his personal hell. All that said, I couldn't quite get my mind around how the characters behaved and relate them to my world, with the exception of Barb. Don't understand how Elaine"changed sides" at all, but it is your story. 4* for this one...

tompo296tompo296almost 3 years ago

I will admit that I get totally absorbed by the characters and scenarios in many of 'Lits' stories, and this one was no different. The children were selfish [Elaine wants her car], and traitorous betrayal of their father, helping him to find the evidence of Barb's cheating then side with her. Barb showed no respect for the 20 years of the life that he had provided for her and that she felt 'entitled' to have her excitement in her illicit affair. I was disappointed that he got no support from his family. Good on him for doing what he wanted, but shame he let her get to him again.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

An earlier comment nailed it perfectly. This is nothing but a bad soap opera plot. As for the judge, a lot of no-fault states (so not Maryland) have said counseling can no longer be required.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

HORRIBLE!!! Just another evil heartless CUNT and a completely clueless loser fool husband. The kids are unbelievable and this POS was stretched to 5 pages that could have been done in 2. Too much blah blah blah.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Just fucking.....

It's another proof that men are emotional fools.....

They can't do the right thing.....

Always flow in emotions....

They call it love.....my foot...

I'm a man tooo....but i hate men for their emotional foolishness

BillandKateBillandKateover 2 years ago

This was entertaining and I'm glad it didn't go over the top with violent btb, etc. 5 stars for a good tale of a man's love for an imperfect wife.

norcal62norcal62over 2 years ago

time to drop the rating to 1. Too much back and forth. Too much unnecessary filler. Irritating.

bigurnbigurnover 2 years ago

He should have left a few candles burning in the bedroom. Collected the insurance money. Sold those ungrateful kids cars and then left town. He was the only one who did the right thing and the one who suffered.

julie4fun22julie4fun22over 2 years ago

Great story. i gave it 5 stars. I disagreed with the reconciliation at the end. He should have ignored Barb and she would have given up. She was really selfish during their 18 year marriage. She should have been left alone and lonely at the end because she threw a perfectly good marriage away for some thrill in the sack with a boy just a few years older than her own son. She was the idiot in this story. Carbohi gave her life at the end of the story. But Ryan deserved to start over and find a loving wife that enjoyed all the security that he offered.

usaretusaretover 2 years ago

This husband was one complete gullible idiot, got what he deserved. And then he still reconciled with her. What an idiot. And one unanswered question about the kids, special his daughter. How did mom turned her away from her dad?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

ZEROZEROZERO!

Absolutely the worst hind-sucking tit dog story ever written!

I would have cut my own throat before I ever would have said "Hi" to her.

carvohicarvohiover 2 years agoAuthor

Hello ZEROZEROZERO anon above. What I like is the comments I get. Of course you were a little harsh, and didn't offer any mechanical or creative suggestions, but just the same it's fun hearing from people. I mean like wow! Look at all the comments this story has elicited.

Thanks for your remarks. I'll try to do better and be meaner. Meanwhile I'll still hang out in cuck zero territory.

carvohi

Zuzus_PetalsZuzus_Petalsover 2 years ago

This was a great story line, it was just enough different from many of the stories in this category to feel original. I have to say that this story really got my blood boiling, more so than any story I’ve read in a long time. It was well written and very easy to read, but the whole story is incongruous! It’s just that the actions and reactions of characters don’t seem to be consistent with the personalities that you developed. As for your comments in the prologue about the Judge being the counselor, that’s the least problematic issue in the store! The judge pushing to accept the wife moving back in the house, the kids turning on the dad without an explanation, the ‘silent treatment’ from the wife (and kids) but somehow the wife wants reconciliation, the just to much over the top faith in the wife especially with all of the external clues (more than one person saying something to him), setting up the ability to see the texts and then never looking at them…even when the wife was crying and the kids ‘ran away’ he didn’t immediately read them!, the wife remorsefully crying at all the counseling sessions but then sabotaging him to his kids, the lawyer and the judge.

Other than on paper, there is no way this husband could ever reconcile with this woman in any way, shape, or form. Absolutely none, especially after that heinous personality assignation she spat out in front of the judge of how boring and how easy it was to fool him, and how much more exciting the sex was with the other man. While the ending didn’t need to be a BTB with the wife in a Mexican whore house, a little backbone from the main character in the form of walking away from the wife again or at least a proverbial ‘spitting in her face’ would have made this story a 5. Even as a writing ploy to generate the ire of the readers, the ending was ludicrous. As it is, it’s a 3 for the good writhing and the shitty ending! Sorry.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Happiness is too ephemeral to be traded for something as rock-solid as justice and self-respect. Fucked a kid, turned the children against the victim. Quite literally victim blaming, and stalked him all the way to a new state where he tried to start over. If the genders were flipped she’d be a first class creep and we’d be waiting for the next love interest to rescue them from such a slimy pos. But, nope, guess men have nothing more to aspire to than a slimy kid fucking turd brain bitch hanging on like a malignant tumor. *cue standing ovation!*

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Just awful. Sadly, there are too many interfering old ninnies like this ridiculous judge. The wife is a complete cunt, the children are spoiled selfish assholes, the husband is an irritating idiot. Can the author please consider removing this piece of crap from the internet so as not to punish any future unwary readers.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 2 years ago

There seems to be a confusion between RAAC and Reconciliation. To be a RAAC, the offense has to be so extreme. or the reconciliation too easy, or both. Basically, a RAAC is a reconciliation that shouldn't happen.

hicountryriderhicountryriderover 2 years ago

Thousands complete idiot.

The kids are disgusting and his wife is beyond criminal.

Yet the guy let himself be used and destroyed and what happened to him is his own fault.

He should have just cut his financial losses and run he had been far better off in the long and the short run.

But no U the author had turned the guy into an idiot cockold with no balls thanks a lot for all of us met again for making us look like fools.

I guess it goes without saying I'll never read any more of your junk again.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Slut 1000, wimp 0. Fair score for how it ended up

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Definitely a weird off the wall story that somewhat rambled and didn’t make a lot of practical sense.

Of enough of any kind of meat in the story to let me really get into it.

Not the best writing in my book and no entertainment value or even a good feeling or satisfaction of any kind after finally cruising through it. Even kind of a wasted ending with not even a real hurrah for anyone.

Sorry!

SW

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitabout 2 years ago

Very good story. Clearly, Ryan was devastated by Barb’s texts. I’m surprised Ryan didn’t leave the continent, after both kids alienated him. Of everything in the story, the betrayal by his kids had to be the worst- that angle deserves more words. Why did they drive him out? And why wasn’t that the first question he asked, when she appeared in key west?

RodimusMikeRodimusMikeabout 2 years ago
Just my two cents.

Ultimately Ryan was straight-up correct in his decision to just up and leave like he did.Barb fully admitted that Ryan was predictable and boring.Also Barb managed to turn their kids against their Father and get them on Barbs side,so she could take Ryan for everything he had.And she may have.

But when the divorce was over and Ryan flew the coop to the Florida Keys and Barb being the Evil Bitch she is tracked him down and tried to rekindle their relationship.But if I were Ryan I would have treated Barb the way her AP treated her by throwing her ass around on the bed and whipping her until she was bawling like a baby and tell her to take her skanky ass back to her AP and Traitorous Kids and to go "Eat Shit and Howl At The Moon" like the Bitch she is.

As for the Kids Derek and Elaine,I hope they washed out of being able to go to College and they are stuck with shitty jobs and relationships where ever they go and wind up 2time Losers and alone.Barb on the other hand I hope she gets her ass raped and beaten by some Asshole who uses her and then uses her face as a side of beef.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

"I write for myself"? If you can't come up with something other than an open ended story, such as this, keep it for yourself. JPB use to use that line himself. He finally realized that his were not complete stories and his readership dropped off until he began to include conclusions.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Don't waste your time writing anything more. This 5 pages of absolute shit was enough. Don't quit your day job.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Quality author. Good enough story. Worth the read. Not sure about the plot.

Biggest difficulty has to be with the speech by the wife during counseling. Yes, it got the angry reaction as intended. It just didn't ring true. No woman smart enough to work for a DC consulting firm in public relations could possibly be that tone deaf. Not sure any woman who graduated from high school could be that stupid.

Women are masters at telling a man what they think he wants to hear. Somehow she has maintained a torrid love affair with her handsome, young hunk for months while being deceitful and dishonest enough to keep hubby in the dark. That's actually very difficult to pull off. Most women, while capable of great feats of deceit (especially toward clueless, trusting husbands), will still change in discernable ways. It's supposed to be one of the great tells of infidelity. They change. If she's been enthralled with her sexy hunk this long without tipping hubby off, she's extremely capable of deceit. There's just no way, when trying to reconcile, that she goes brain dead like that.

Her speech was way beyond the limits of my ability to suspend disbelief.

Knoxhard

TrambakTrambakabout 2 years ago

I guess that Ryan was programmed to be faithful, helpful and was propelled by the need to rise to expectations, repeatedly.

Difficult for him to change.

Thats why I would consider him disgustingly normal.

Rest of the characters? .....

Hiker66BikerHiker66Bikerabout 2 years ago

I really enjoyed your story. It really got to me, The backstory and character building were first rate and I couldn’t stop reading. That is the sign of good story telling. 5 stars and added to my favourites.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

WONDERFUL STORY. If I had caught her saying she'd leave her husband and kids, that's exactly what she'd do. A forty year old woman acting like a teen-aged whore. He had her dead to rites. The slut would have been history, and I wouldn't let her smell where I pissed last...

oldcdoldcdalmost 2 years ago

I think he should have hopped on a cigarette boat the first time he saw Barb and sped off into the night to hop around the Caribean for the next 20 years never to talk to Barb again as soon as she showed off again maybe to Spain.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

should have pissed on hi ex family was not his ass reamed enough?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Funny...I'm a lawyer who has been in several jurisdictions and involved with family law. If there is a "Landis" out there, the story needs to be set 100 or more years ago. The "counseling" would raise all sorts of ethical issues that could - probably would - get the judge seriously disciplined. As for the bullshit about being too "rough" with "Barb", as written, he just got her out of his way when she was obstructing it. She deserved worse, and she deserved to be thrown out. There was no doubt about her betrayal. There was no need to listen to her blabber about "why". The abrupt "about face" by the children was hardly credible, but IRL if they did that they deserved to be shunned (along with the sisters). And how is it that you, author, think it the least bit credible that a cunt like that can show up, and her EX will say, "O'Tay! let's live together!"? The slut is written as emotionally and mentally at the level of an 11 year-old with terrible character. The only adult is the husband, who even gets people to buy her worthless crap, as if she's a grade school student whose dad is trying to salve his child's ego. This is poorly conceived, misandrist horseshit.

lc69hunterlc69hunteralmost 2 years ago

I like the reconciliation, but not his irrational stupidity at the beginning

lc69hunterlc69hunteralmost 2 years ago

She did not turn the kids against him. He did. She did not turn his sisters and family against him. He did.

Yeah, she was stupid and thought with her cunt rather than her head, just like guys sometimes think with their little head instead of their big one. Same thing. And was insensitive about it to boot.

However, he went off stupid and half cocked and refused to either talk or listen. So he wasted several years before coming to his senses, as she did the same.

demanderdemanderover 1 year ago

Worst thing he could do - take her back. D

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Responding to the comment a few up from this one, Carvohi has a tendency to write his female characters, not all but many, as both physically and emotionally immature. Many of them are physically underdeveloped, let's say at the 11-13 year range with an emotional and mental maturity of the same age. Makes me wonder.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Pretty lousy I have had a few divorces but even my ex wives were not as bad as that bitch

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

What a shitty judge meddling in things he didn't have any business in

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

He was not stupid its the only way treating av selfish vile wife

killahBkillahBover 1 year ago

Pro cuckold, man-hating garbage. We need a negative stars option.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Very cute, i like the reconciliation, maybe a sequel with barbs side. She knows she was wrong, but hubbyʻs reaction was wrong too! Kids need to step up too! Mahalo

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

That was an odd story. It's almost like parts of it are missing.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous