All Comments on 'Lady Gambler'

by zorro4l

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
Boyd PercyBoyd Percyover 1 year ago

Some way to really lose your shirt!

4

Lifestyle66Lifestyle66over 1 year ago

Methinks the wordsmith has scoured the depths of every dictionary known to man for the rarest of idioms in his search for magniloquence and is infatuated with the semi-colon, elevating its use well beyond its humble station in the art of communication.

It's an interesting story, but difficult to read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

To start with, wrong category. There are several where this might be appropriate, but this is not one of them. Next, adding lines like "Angela naked lost in forest-sketch" does nothing for the story. Perhaps putting it in Illustrated would enable some feature to actually add images instead of alternative text?

iammweaseliammweaselover 1 year ago

ROFL Lifestyle66 pretty much nailed it for all of us.

26thNC26thNCover 1 year ago

I don’t know what Lifestyle said, but it sure sounded good. I thought the author was just a little wordy.

JoeBetterBNiceJoeBetterBNiceover 1 year ago

Sorry, I hated it after just the first half of the 1st page. I found tje old-fashioned style overdone and not helpful to the story at all. And I am a person that has Alexander Dumas (3 Musketeers, etc) as one of my favorite authors and have read quite a few classic novels and enjoyed them, that genuinely have this style. It just fell flat.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Would have been a good story if you had thrown away the thesaurus.

Racerman1969gsRacerman1969gs12 months ago

I agree w/anonymous. To wordy.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous