Loosening Up Bk. 08 Ch. 11-15

Story Info
Reality TV experience. A death. Bar fight. Concierge.
25.2k words
4.72
8.2k
6

Part 48 of the 75 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 04/28/2018
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Chapter 11 -- The Producer

The informal meeting took place in Dave's spacious living room. Those in attendance consisted of Dave's ten wives, Dave, several other Circle members, and two of the producers of the reality TV series to which Dave and others in the Circle had agreed.

Al Berker with Spring Garden Productions took the lead. First off, I want to thank you Scarlett for your willingness to let us include you in our coverage of the Circle and the Prentiss family. We believe we are treating you carefully, discreetly, and equitably in our editing process. We will have the early shows available for you to view and will welcome your comments and try to comply with any edits you suggest. We want this to be genuine, yet we also want the series to be revealing of this fascinating pocket of life.

"As for the rest of you and Dave you especially, you give us one problem after another." He openly chuckled, "We and our camera crews all stand in awe of your sexual prowess. At the same time, you have thus rendered hours and hours of video you allowed, to end up on the proverbial cutting room floor as way too risqué to even use on cable television -- except perhaps some softcore porn channel ... no, make that a hardcore porn channel."

The room laughed. Dave said with great bravado, "You wanted authenticity, you got authenticity."

The main producer of the Circle Series, Helen Ursinger spoke, "With that minor situation aside, we do think we have enough hours on film that aren't X-rated to do our thirteen episodes. We have several teams of editors working on all the footage and hope to have finished product by the end of next month. One of the most powerful parts of the series will be the Circle 101 rap sessions, as you called them.

"Those sessions communicated better than anything we filmed the philosophy of the Circle and your family about love and everything else you've built here. Each of our episodes contains some content from those sessions. That said, there is a delicate issue I need to raise."

Helen turned to Cricket, "Cricket, you wrote that private book entitledThe Circle and have only given out copies to members, your pledges, and few other people including us, thank you. We would like to include references to the book in the videos, but when we do that we will be besieged with requests for copies of the book. My question is are you willing to re-publish that book and make copies available to our viewers?"

Cricket smiled, "I kind of thought this might happen. I'd like to do a revision of the book and I guess talk to the company that published my booksRoad Trip andCrystal Clear, as well as my more recent novels. Unless someone else here objects, I have no problem with that. The book will reveal our location and specific member names."

Helen looked relieved. "Thank you. You can count on it appearing in the videos, and we can even give the book a plug at the end of the latter episodes unless we hear otherwise from you. My recommendation would be to put a premium price on it."

"I'll start my revisions and talk to my publisher. It'll take me about three months given my other commitments."

Helen said, "That'd be perfect. I'll have a separate contract drawn up for that end of things."

Al took over the lead for the meeting again. "Are there any other questions for us?"

Dale raised his hand and spoke, "I'm Dale Harnett and I guess the newly de facto head of security for the Circle. We do not want any references made to any of our specific security devices or activities in any of the videos."

Al frowned, "I don't think there are any, but I'm making a note right now to talk to our editing staff about searching through them for that kind of thing."

There were one or two more questions, one of which asked, "What is the 'spin' you're putting on the Circle?"

Al gestured to Helen. She came forward from where she'd been leaning against one of the tables. "We realized only a few days into the project that we wanted to do multiple seasons about your lives. Thus, much of this thirteen-episode series is stage setting and the introduction of key characters that we want to follow into subsequent seasons.

"As we mentioned, we put some emphasis on the Circle 101 classes, but then buttressed that by trying to show those behaviors, but we've only scratched the surface. One of the classes talked about service to the Circle in multiple ways, so we showed how Tan staffs the various work groups and then several of them in action, for instance, the kitchen and bar crews.

"Because you have open marriages and open relationships, we also and delicately tried to show those in action, along with the loving basis for them. We have gone out of our way to be sure you are not portrayed as a group of insensitive, hedonistic swingers out for all the sex you can rack up. For each interaction that we show, and there are at least two per episode to satisfy our more prurient viewers and frankly to boost ratings, we start with the affection and love between the two or three individuals. In some cases, we made sure to include any children the couple have prior to the sex, because this puts the coupling on more of a family basis.

"When we have portrayed the sex, we have done it through shadows, illusion, metaphor, or other visual arts license. Explicit sex is not seen, unlike your films for Mike Holiday and company. There are a few flashes of nudity here and there, but from someone's back or side, and the standard dress on the patio by the women of monokinis is revealed without being tawdry or even seductive. We tried to give it the same feel of a European beach scene. In some cases, we'll have to blur the images on the final production sequences."

Joan asked, "What did you do to show drama in our group?"

Helen chuckled, "We had to look for it. For one, we rehashed several of your past experiences. We revisited with Ken Toomey and his experience when his airliner started to disintegrate over Kansas. He gave us a great on camera interview. The discussion was a little contrived but it got the points on the videos and we used some news coverage to augment what he said.

"We have done a few things regarding the harassment that Owen is undergoing from some intruder or intruders, but that is indeterminate for now. We'll keep monitoring that situation.

"We also talked about several other dramatic situations that occurred: your husband problems Joan and his trial, the kidnapping attempts that put Karen's children in jeopardy and then Nikky, and then the personal struggles Dave went through when Owen flew to Paris and Rome with Alice.

"We've also treated the annexation of new couples, pledges, and members into the Circle as dramatic decision points. Alec was kind enough to share his early views on relationships when he was courting Taylor based on a large set of assumptions that were never shared between the two of them.

"Since the Circle has kept expanding, we have also used the need for proximate space and housing as a dramatic point. If anything, we have perhaps overstated the desire for all of you to live together.

"We followed Tatiana a bit as she transitioned from her staid Russian way of life to America and the Circle -- genuine culture shock in many ways. We used EneRG as an example of how a boss and employees can fall in love and then want to break the traditional rules about working with spouses or lovers."

Mike raised his hand, "Do you deal with the adult film activities you alluded to a few moments ago, because most of them are with my company? I'm just curious."

Helen laughed, "In a word, no. We wanted to save that tidbit for Season Two. We'll give you some coverage. We're still trying to figure out how to handle that material, but it may be in the context of people loosening up -- a theme we've heard from nearly everyone we talked with. We've just started talking to Kat, Alice Angel, and Emmie Cox about how to portray them when we start filming again. We haven't decided, but thought another angle would be the equality and woman's rights approach -- I control and own my own body."

After a few more questions, the meeting ended. Most of the Circle scattered back to their homes or to other places where they could talk in groups. A few couples obviously hooked up and went off to someone's residence.

Dave went up and talked to Al and Helen. "Thank you for the respect and care you are using in this video project. We appreciate it. We may not be the most dramatic place in the world, so appreciate that you aren't trying to force the issue."

Al said, "What you lack in drama you make up for in uniqueness. We've NEVER found any place like this one."

Dave spoke, "Oh, there are a few more out there. Maybe we could link one of them that's in formation that I'm consulting to as they form up. We also have a lot of friends in another."

"Oh, I'm making note of both those ideas," Helen said as she pecked at her iPhone keyboard making a note. She said, "We'll talk more about those and other ideas. In the meanwhile, if you have other such ideas, please write them down and email them to me."

Dave teased, "Or I could nudge you in the morning."

Helen shot him a long glance and said in a serious tone, "You don't know how much I want to ask you to do that. I even got tested 'just in case'."

Teasing harder he said, "Then why don't you? You've learned the protocol around here. If you want something you ask for it. What's the worst thing that could happen?"

Helen said, "Rejection. I don't take rejection lightly."

Dave reached out and touched her arm affectionately, "I won't reject you. You need a heavy dose of self-confidence. You're super-capable in your professional activities. You just led a meeting with thirty people here and commanded attention."

Helen blushed and looked down at the carpeting, "My personal life sucks to put it succinctly."

"Want to talk about it. I'm a pretty good listener."

"Your wives won't mind?"

Dave looked around. Cricket was the only one in sight and she was talking to Dale and Dev about something. He said to Helen, "No one here demanding my attention. I'm all yours."

"Can we take a walk?"

"Sure. Come on. I'll show you the airport again. At a slow amble maybe, that'll take as long as you need."

They were quiet as they started walking on the warm evening. Dave assessed Helen Ursinger. She was on the slightly chubby side but carried it well, hips that were balanced by what appeared to be a generous chest and a relatively narrow waist. Her long blonde hair hung down past her shoulders in no particular style. She didn't use makeup that he could see.

Helen did give off vibes of being artsy but in a Bohemian way. Dave thought she'd be the type he'd find studying a sculpture or painting at one of the galleries downtown. She'd be a woman that would savor a glass of wine she hadn't tasted before while sitting at a sidewalk bistro. He bet she had salads for lunch and that iced tea was her favorite drink.

Helen wore a short-sleeve light blue dress with a hemline just below her knees and a pair of black flats. She probably topped out around five foot seven and about a hundred and thirty pounds. He realized he wanted to apply the label 'Conservative Dresser' to her. He'd never seen her in anything he'd call sexy or revealing. Even her blue jeans weren't skinny legged. As he thought about it, this might be the most revealing dress he'd seen her in, and since this showed little skin that wasn't all that revealing.

The two strolled out of the core living room and then between two of the homes out to Circle Drive. Dave said, "So, how can I help?"

Helen made a huge sigh. "I'm not happy with myself. I'm thirty-seven, twice divorced, which I believe verifies that I make bad decisions about life partners, no kids, I've got a great job but I'm coming up against the glass ceiling, and I dumped my boyfriend of three years about six months ago. I meet interesting men that I'm attracted to, but they're not attracted to me. I've come to the point where I don't know whether I want a man in my life or not ... and here I am seeking advice and solace from a guy with ten wives. What's that show me?"

Dave laughed in part with her sarcasm. "Well, it does show that you have discriminating taste. I can also aim you at many of our Circle women for additional help and support. We're a pretty helpful bunch. Describe yourself in terms of being in a relationship."

Helen nodded, "I thought I was pretty normal. I think I'm reasonable and always willing to compromise or even capitulate to keep the peace. I'm not a half-bad cook. I don't smoke or drink to excess or do drugs other than pot, but I'm not a stoner. I'm clean and sensitive as to how I dress and appear to others. I have a sense of humor and love to laugh at a good joke. I don't allow myself to be trod upon so I will push back in some situations."

"How was your sex life?" Dave said in a teasing tone.

"Twice a week. I think that's average. I do need some foreplay to get into gear, but once I'm cranked up, I believe I'm a good partner. No one ever complained."

"Faithful?"

"Yes. Always was. I'm not so sure my husbands and boyfriends were, however."

"You said you made bad choices, if that's the case why have you allowed the overall situation to depress you. Learn how to make good decisions. Develop some criteria and stick to it."

Helen said, "I kind of have, but in a secondhand way."

Dave was puzzled. "What do you mean?"

"I've watched hundreds of hours of the videos about the Circle. I want to find somebody that thinks the same way you all do. I listened to all of each rap session -- we filmed all of them for the past four months. That's me. I didn't realize it before. I want to love more than one person and to feel the love from the many in return. I don't want to possess unless it's the entire group of my friends and lovers. I don't want exclusivity, at least for myself. I love the ways you have equality, independence, and service play out in the Circle. You all respect each other so much. Oh, and there's no jealousy -- only what I learned is compersion. Now, I'm seeing how you all band together to protect each other, especially one of your members."

Dave said, "What do you intend to do about that?"

Helen choked up, "I ... I don't know. I want to drown in this place it seems so nice, but nobody knows me except as one of the producers for Spring Garden Productions. I'm an outsider."

Dave shrugged, "You can fix that. You can even have what JR called a sixty-day free trial."

"What do you mean?"

"Act like a member. Do everything you think each of us does for two months. We can even provide you a room. We'll ask you chip in for your meals and rent, and also take on a service job. The rest is up to you. Meet everyone. Become a pledge -- you know what that means now that you've watched the rap sessions. Attend them. Contribute to them. Ask questions. Prove to yourself that this is what you want."

"But ... but ... I have a job."

"Work long distance. Commute. Use technology. Oh, and while you do it, work on your own self-esteem and sense of self-worth. I think they may go together with what else you want. I was thinking you might need to loosen up a bit. We've all become quite good at giving individuals that need to loosen up challenges to help them do that."

"What would you have me do? I'm not sure I understand."

"I believe you have great looking legs. Raise the hem on that dress to mid-thigh. Get rid of your underwear and bra; they leave revealing lines where they show through the dress. Go commando. Show more skin to the point you blush. Challenge yourself to do some crazy things. Get youthful again. Take risks."

Helen looked skeptical, "And you think that'll help what's going on inside my head?"

"Sure. How do you think you'll feel when men ogle you as you walk by?"

"Never happen. I'm hippy, my nose is too large, my eyebrows are all but gone, my hair is frizzy, my boobs sag -- at least compared to most of your Circle females, my knees are knobby, ..."

"Geeze, Helen. Run yourself down much? Stop that. You are all female. You're attractive. You have a beautiful face with angular features that I happen to like. I like your hair style especially how you bring a few locks past your face, and boobs are not everything a guy assesses. I was too focused on the overall impact of you to notice anything like knees or hips -- the overall scenery is beautiful."

Helen was quiet. "You're just saying that to make me feel better."

"Yes and no, I was not lying. Yes, those are my impressions. You're easy on the eyes. One sure way to get your head in a better place is to stop running yourself down. Loving yourself is almost a prerequisite to EVERYTHING else in your life." He almost yelled for emphasis.

He went on, "YOU are the most important person to you, and no one else. Treat yourself as special and don't expect perfection. We're all works in progress, so be realistic and forgiving of your faults and such. Do NOT fret about them. One thing for sure is to avoid people that pull you down -- I call them people with negative energy. Stay away. Find upbeat people and stick with them.

"As you keep some focus on you, share yourself with others. Allow others to get close to you. Expand the love you have by loving them, but not at the expense of yourself. Teach yourself to accept your thoughts and emotions for just what they are, things going on in your head that may or may not be representative of the outside world. You are the one that puts judgments on them as good or bad, and then you end up beating yourself up over the bad ones. Don't do that. Don't judge. Catch yourself and stop. Remember Hamlet, 'There is nothing good or bad but thinking makes it so'. Start putting a good spin on things."

Helen said, "But some things are bad, aren't they?"

Dave chuckled, "Here's an old story for you. An old farmer had worked his crops for years with a nice plow horse. One day the horse ran away. His neighbors all said, 'What bad luck'. The farmer said, 'Maybe'. The next morning the horse returned bringing back three other wild horses. The neighbors all said, 'How wonderful'. The farmer said, 'Maybe'. His son tried to ride one of wild horses, got thrown, and broke his leg. The neighbors expressed their sympathy at his misfortune. The old farmer said, 'Maybe'. The day after the military came to the village to draft young men into the army for a violent conflict. Seeing the son's leg was broken they passed him by. The neighbors congratulated the farmer on the son's luck. 'Maybe', said the farmer."

Dave turned to Helen, "Do you see how you can turn things back and forth from good to bad at the turn of a hand? Many people keep casting the things that happen to them as bad luck. I suggest you do the opposite, if you feel the need to judge at all."

Helen said, "You're the most upbeat person I've talked to in months. Has stuff like this happened to you personally?"

Dave laughed, "Sure. My wife went away with her lover when we were first loosening up. I worried I'd lost her, but in the end, it strengthened our relationship and marriage, and I gained a great male friend. Further, while she was away, I was introduced to Heather who ultimately became one of my wives. I also gained a fabulous stepson as part of the deal and got to really know Christie.

"In another instance, we had a major hurricane rip through the state when I was working for the power company. Many of the recommendations to mitigate damage that I made weren't followed but turned out to be great ideas that ultimately got me and several others promoted to new management positions. Instead of bemoaning the storm, I just rode with it and tried to do the best I could given the situation."