Love Said, "Hello." Pt. 03 - Final

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I know."

Then, Grandma Fouché ran her fingers through my hair... She said...

"What I wouldn't give for this hair."

I hugged my future mother in law, and future sisters in law. Jess and Paige were hugging me a little too close, and... a little too long. And, they too, ran their fingers through my hair. Naomi... had fun watching me be uncomfortable.

Firm handshakes from Mr. Morton, and Alex.

On the sidewalk, in front of my parents' home, I turned to find two wonderful smiles, from two parents I love very much. Hand in hand ,with my fiancé, I walked up the steps into the arms of my mother.

Her whisper in my ear... "I'm so happy for you, Mark. This evening was so romantic, for you both. You always were the romantic one... just like your father." Mom released me and took Naomi into her arms... I heard...

"I'm looking forward to being your daughter in law, Professor Jackson. I love Mark very much."

"Maggie," I heard. "Or, Mrs. Jackson, Naomi. And, Mark loves you, Sweetie. And... I couldn't have asked for a prettier daughter in law."

Later that evening, I walked Naomi home as an engaged man. With an engaged woman on my arm. A first for me. And, a first for... ...I furled my brow. Was she? Engaged, before?

"No," my Naomi answered, with a giggle. "Unless you count Billy Page, in the fifth grade. He wanted me really bad... and he proposed on the first day. We were together for two weeks, and Sybil Stone, stole him from me." She laughed, and I did, too. It's crazy, she can answer, my un-asked questions.

"You're the first, serious proposal, I've ever received, Mark. And, it couldn't have been more perfect." She looked at her engagement ring, and smiled. "Thank you for the ring. It's beautiful. Simple, like you, Mark. Simple is good for me, when I'm with you."

She took me into her arms, and kissed me. Right there on the sidewalk, in front of someone's house, I didn't know. It was dark thirty.

"I'm not wearing it in the field. I'm bringing it back to you, when that happens. For safe keeping. And..." She looked at me a little peculiar.

"I was wondering why you were avoiding me, for the last three days."

Chapter 13

The following weekend, was the welcome back festival on campus.

Again, my parents and I, opened at the music stage. But this time...

After my father introduced us, he said...

"And... we have a newcomer to our show today. Miss Naomi Morton!"

I was very pleased at the reception she received. Naomi seemed a little awkward, but she waved to the crowd and smiled.

"Miss Morton is a Ph.D. candidate in Forestry and... As of this past Saturday, engaged to our Mark Jackson!"

The crowd went crazy... I was surprised. And, Naomi started loosening up. She hugged me, and showed off her left hand to the crowd. Receiving a roar of whistles, and calls for the gesture. After burning up two minutes, of our 25 minute set, with applause...

Dad cut loose on his Telecaster, and I jumped in, with my Fender bass. Johnny B. Goode. A hit by Chuck Berry. And... Dad killed it. With both his voice, and his Telecaster. My heart was stuck in my throat, he did it so well.

Next... My Naomi... told beforehand, to sing to Grandma.

Blue Bayou.

And... she nailed it. No mistakes. Mom, and I, with backup vocals. It was perfect. And the applause, and whistles... perfect.

I sang Amarillo by Morning, strumming my Martin acoustic, softly... and then...

Naomi and Mom. Love Again. Dua Lipa hit.

Naomi first, then alternating verses with Mom, on the song we recently learned. It was beautiful to watch the two women share a mic. Singing the chorus together. And the crowd... instantly recognized the Dua Lipa hit. They were going crazy. It was perfect.

It helped with Naomi wearing a pleated mini skirt, a subdued crop top, and outrageous heels, a la, Dua Lipa. She looked hot. Days before the show, Naomi came to me, asking if it would be appropriate to wear a style, similar to Dua Lipa. To sell the song. I said...

"Hell, yeah! So long as it isn't too revealing, and only suggestive. Looking like Dua Lipa, doesn't hurt any song!"

Oh yeah. Her outrageous heels? Put her at least an inch and a half taller than me! Fuck!

And... the end of our show.

It was a first for me. The crowd didn't ask for Runaway as an encore! My Naomi, and Mom, had all the attention, and applause, from the crowd.

I grabbed my guitar, and then Naomi's hand... Down the steps from the stage and was greeted by a mob of students. All wanting Naomi's, and my mother's, attention. Another first... Dad, and I, were basically ignored!

I truly enjoyed watching my Naomi, and mother, interact with the students. Naomi seemed to be very happy. Ten minutes later...

I found myself on the outskirts of the crowd, who had gathered for the next music act. Surrounded by my parents, and my arm held, by my fiancé. I was about to tell Naomi how fantastic she was on stage, and to ask how she felt, when...

Looking over my father's shoulder, I saw a... 'somewhat,' familiar face. A large man, taking large strides, straight for us. Where have I seen him before? As he drew nearer...

The light bulb went on!

Then... an adrenaline dump.

"Damn!" I grabbed Naomi by the arm. "Run! Get the police!" I turned to my parents. "Get the hell out of here! NOW!"

I didn't wait to see the reaction from my loved ones. I stepped forward a few steps to close the distance. I saw him reach inside his loose jacket.

Damn!

Adrenaline flowing like syrup through my veins. Tunnel vision, overwhelming me. Nerves on high alert. My heart crashing into my chest.

I rushed him... Just as I grabbed his arm, with both hands... Seeing a gunmetal gray pistol in his right hand.

Lowering my shoulder into his chest, in the hopes of putting him on his back, with my forward momentum.

Nope.

I wrestled with his arm... hopeful he wouldn't pull the trigger, and injure anyone. Me included!

His face, red with rage. His teeth clinched. His eyes hyper focused. Angry.

Slow motion. My hands on his arm. Desperate, to keep the gun pointed down. He grabbed me by the throat and squeezed. I wasn't going to last much longer.

Thwack!

The sound of a man's skull, getting hit with a Telecaster, is a disgusting sound.

In microseconds, I watched my assailant's eyes roll back, and his knees buckle. Falling at my feet. I looked to my left.

Dad.

Holding the neck of his Telecaster in both hands. His eyes wide, with adrenaline.

I bent at the knees, and took the Glock 19, from the hand of my assailant.

"FUCK!" I roared, as I stood upright. I was outraged. I was more angry, than I could ever remember.

"Who is he?"

I heard my Dad, but I didn't look at him.

"I think he may be related to the man, who cut me last spring." My Dad...

"Damn!"

I removed the magazine from the gun and ejected the round from the chamber. Calmly, I placed the gun on the ground, and put the magazine, and bullet, into my pocket. I could feel my muscles quivering because of the adrenaline. My stomach turning upside down. My chest hurting. We were quickly surrounded by a crowd of students.

Twenty minutes later...

I was in an interview room, at the campus police building. Giving my statement to the polite, and professional, police sergeant. I could see my Dad in the hallway outside. Waiting on his turn.

When I was done, I stood in the hallway, and waited for my Dad to complete his statement. I sent a text message to Naomi, telling her everything was OK, and that we would be with her, and Mom, very soon. I smiled at her reply... Although, I was queasy still from the adrenaline.

I love you. Are you sure you're OK? That horrible man was taken away in an ambulance. My reply...

I'm OK. Dad, too. Where are you?

In the police building waiting room. Your Mom is worried sick.

Tell Mom, Dad is perfectly fine. He's giving a statement right now. I wish you were here with me.

I'm worried sick, too, Mark. Do you know who that man is?

Not now, Pretty Girl. Later. I'll tell you later.

It was a beautiful sight, to see my father, step through the door, and into the arms of my mother. An even more beautiful sight to see my sexy, Dua Lipa, look-a-like, fiancé ... (kind of, look-a-like... you have to look real hard, to see the resemblance. Still, she's gorgeous, Dua, or no Dua).

Naomi waiting on me. One hand covering her mouth, and another on her chest. Nearly in tears.

Our firm hug. Not wanting to let go. Her whisper into my ear...

"I just overheard the police, just now. That man, is the brother of the man, that attacked you."

I nodded. We were still in a firm embrace. Softly, into her ear...

"I want to go home. Will you come with me?"

Naomi broke our embrace, took my neck in both hands, and kissed me a brief kiss. Her sexy eyes focused on mine...

"I love you, Mark. Of course. I'll never leave you."

*****

A week and a half later...

I was sitting in the campus police chief's office, along with my father.

The police chief. Newly hired from the police department in Marshall. Very handsome black man. Professional. At least six-four. Intimidating. Somewhat.

"The man you hit is out of the hospital, and is filing charges, against you both."

Not what I expected during this meeting.

"He claims you assaulted him, instead of the other way around." He leaned forward in his chair and placed his arms on his desk. Looking at both of us for a reaction... I suppose.

I was about to speak...

"I don't believe him. We know, he is the brother of the man, that attacked you last spring, Mr. Jackson. Stinks of revenge, to me. Look. I'm not going to arrest either of you. I'm sending everything we have, to the District Attorney's office, and let them decide if charges are warranted. I'm writing a note, here for the file... I can't charge, without witness accounts, supporting any of the party's statements." He looked down and wrote a note in the folder. "Also, this won't go very fast. The DA's office is overwhelmed with cases, from four counties. It could be weeks, before anyone contacts you, about this. Professor Jackson. I'm required to notify the Dean, and the President about this."

"The Dean already knows, Chief," my Dad replied. "He's aware of my account, and so far, he hasn't taken any action with me. Told me, I was too valuable to the University, to suspend." My dad chuckled.

"I agree, Sir. Now. We're done here. Thank you for coming in."

*****

My sexy fiancé looked at me like, I had said something, really stupid.

"Are you serious? That asshole is filing against you?"

"Yep," I replied, and cut off a piece of smothered hamburger patty from my plate.

Naomi cooked supper. Grilled hamburger patties, smothered in brown gravy, on top of Texas toast. Mississippi mashed potatoes, with green beans.

I gobbled my food from my fork... "Mmm," I moaned, while I chewed. "And, your grandmother taught you this? It's delicious. Compliments to you, and your grandmother."

"Stop changing the subject," she snapped, from across the table, at her house. "Do you think this was on purpose? To see you thrown in jail? Like his brother?"

"I don't know," I shrugged. "I didn't think about that. I suppose it's possible. The campus police chief said, there were no witnesses, to support my statement, or the 'asshole's' statement." I chuckled. "I am concerned, if charges are not filed, he may try to sue me, and Dad for injuries. He had a pretty bad concussion. Time in the hospital. It could bankrupt me, and Dad." I gobbled a bite of the mashed potatoes. My mouth full with food...

"This is great."

My fiancé's sharp reply... with an attitude...

"Why are you so relaxed? Bankrupt?"

*****

I had just torqued down the last lug, for the 220 volt phase, from the power company, into the breaker panel.

My phone rang from my tool bag... My neighbor, from directly behind me...

"Hello, Mrs. Wheeler. How are you, and Mr. Wheeler, this afternoon?

"We're fine, Mark. I'm sorry to disturb you, but I just saw a man enter your house, from the back door. I just wanted to check with you. Perhaps you know him? He definitely isn't your father."

Not what I expected from my neighbor's phone call. My heart clogged my throat.

"Can you describe him, Mrs. Wheeler?"

"A large man. Dark hair, wearing a light brown jacket, and blue jeans. He fiddled with the door knob for a moment, and then went inside. I saw him from my pottery shop. Through the window. He seemed to look around, as if taking notice, if someone was watching him."

An adrenaline dump, and my stomach turned. As calmly as I could...

"Mrs. Wheeler. I need a very big favor from you. Will you call the police and tell them everything? No one is supposed to be in my house today. I'm way on the other side of town, and I'm leaving now, to come home."

When I arrived at my home...

Three police cruisers in the street, in front of my house. A dozen, or more, police officers swarming my property, and my neighbors' property. I spoke to the first officer I found... Appeared to be controlling traffic on my street...

"My name is Mark Jackson. That there, is my home," I offered, as I pointed to my home.

"Yes, Sir. Right over there, is Sergeant Mason. He's in charge."

In a brief update, from Sergeant Mason...

A man was still in my home, and refuses to leave. Negotiations in progress.

I begged Sergeant Mason not to put tear gas into my home. I had seen what that stuff can do to a home, when I was called out for electric repairs at a gassed house. The stench is awful. And persistent.

"I'll do my best, Mr. Jackson. I've called for SWAT support, from Tyler. The dumbass told us he's armed. SWAT is the answer to that." He shrugged his shoulders. "Perhaps they can get him with a stun grenade, and bring him out still breathing. All I can do now, is keep the situation stable. Keep anyone from getting hurt, until Tyler PD gets here."

Right then, my mother took my arm. She had seen the police in my backyard. A wonderful relief to see her. I spent the next three hours at my parents' home.

Later, I was informed by Sergeant Mason that the man gave up, when he was told SWAT was getting impatient... they wouldn't promise a good ending for him.

No tear gas. No stun grenades in my home. Just some muddy tracks, from police boots. I was grateful.

Sergeant Mason took me to my parents' backyard, for a private conversation...

"It's the guy you tangled with at the University, two weeks ago." My heart felt like it crashed into my chest wall. "No evidence yet, but I have no doubt, he had intentions to ambush you, when you came home. He lost his handgun to evidence at the University, but he had two more on him, just now." I blinked. Twice. I said...

"I'm gonna have to thank Mrs. Wheeler."

My house did have muddy tracks on the floor, when Sergeant Mason returned my home to me. But, I had to finish the job I started this morning. My client needed power tomorrow. I worked until nearly 8 pm. My Naomi brought me supper, and it was wonderful to sit on the porch, and dine together. She was outraged, that someone would try to kill me, in my own home.

"All of this, because of a racist asshole, from Mississippi," she raged. She snapped her eyes to look down the street. "If you ever die on me, Mark, I'm gonna be pretty pissed off at you."

I chuckled at her comment, but what I focused on the most, was her sexy, Mississippi inflections, with her words of anger. Everything about this woman was attractive to me. I kissed her in reply... on the front porch of a remodel.

*****

It being the fall semester, Naomi was working a lot on her dissertation, for her Ph.D. Mostly in the quiet of my other bedroom. Along with, the hard work supporting her Masters students, with their research data, and advice... The ones who helped her, during the past year. And also, supporting the State and Federal staffs, with forest and swamp habitat enhancement, and restoration proposals. To give the IBW, a chance to thrive, in the east Texas rivers, creeks, forests, and swamps.

When working with her locally assigned colleagues on the IBW project, they met and collaborated in the Forestry Department conference room. My house, and her house, were too small to meet, and be comfortable.

It was nice, to just have her presence near me, when she worked in my home. I could see her. Smell her sweet perfume. During her breaks, a sexy kiss offered, which I never refused.

Later, without providing details, Naomi provided enough information for me to surmise, the IBW had not been seen, or heard, since a Cornell University team entered the The Big Thicket, and State swamps in early June. Theorizing the bird, photographed by Naomi, is a lost bird from Louisiana, or Arkansas. As a result, of a late season hurricane striking the central coast of Louisiana, last fall, and entering the White River area of Arkansas. Of course... I kept this to myself, for Naomi's sake. The IBW was still a secret, for the sake of the bird. And property rights for the State and Federal lands. Private property, too.

There was, this one night, though...

*****

"Mark... I've had too much to drink. Can you come, and pick us up, at the Lazy Z?"

"I'll be there in 15 minutes."

I think this is the first time, I would see Naomi a little tipsy. And, when she, and her friends, got into my truck, and closed the doors. She was. Along with her friends. On the drive to the hotel, Naomi and her friends giggled, laughed, and cackled the entire time. My truck reeked with the smell of alcohol. Particularly from the back seat. Naomi sat in front.

Dropping off her friends, Naomi leaned across the center console. Kissing me... touching my uvula with her tongue.

"Take me home, Mark. Karen went home for the weekend, and I want you to stay for a while."

On the way to Naomi's house, she told me, her friends began talking about their sex lives. Past and present. And, they got bolder, with each additional margarita.

"I only had one margarita, Mark. But it was really strong."

"And your stories were...?" I arched an eyebrow, while looking down the street.

"Mark," she began, and paused. To think?

"My stories are too embarrassing to tell. The mistakes I made were... too hard to confess. So... I might've made one up to tell. Using you, as a reference." She paused to gauge my reaction.

"And?"

"They tried to get me to confess with you, Baby, and I wouldn't. I just told them you were a wonderful lover and that's why I'm marrying you. That, and the way you respect me, for who I am. Not what I am."

When we arrived in Naomi's living room, she turned on a toe, threw her arms around my neck, and mauled my mouth with a kiss. A sloppy kiss. A tequila kiss. Firm kiss. She stepped back...

Unloosed her sexy jeans, and pushed them down, past her hips. Stepping forward, she grabbed my hand, and guided my fingers inside her sexy, black panties. A second later...

"Do you feel that?" she slurred, into my lips. Her sexy eyes slitted, and drilling into mine.

"I do," I replied. My index finger was on her little clit.

"Can you feel how hard it is, right now?"

"It does feel very stiff."

"That's because of you, Mark. Press on it. Please?"

I wiggled my finger across her little nub and...

"Ho---ly Fuck," she slurred. Holding onto my neck, as her knees buckled. "You're so sexy, Baby. Rub it a little harder."

I had her going insane in moments. The smell of her arousal entering my nostrils, driving me mad, as I rubbed the underside of her little nub of nerves.

Ten minutes later, I was in Naomi's bed. A first for me.

Sucking and nibbling her right nipple. Her legs scissoring me. Her request to do so. I'm thinking, she may like this position very much...

123456...9