Loyalty Test with Pornstar Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I returned back to the office and kept on working. I briefed the temps about what they should do throughout the week including when I am away on Thursday beforehand so that everything would be in order. Then midway through the afternoon, I received yet another text from Jen. She said she would hang out with Michelle after work again but she would definitely come back home later because she missed me. She said she might come back late, but she would surely be there.

I was glad I could finally see Jen again after three days. The day got past quickly and I was at home in no time. I waited until 11 p.m., watching my series, but Jen was still not back. I texted her and asked when she would be home. Jen said she and Michelle were still hanging out but she would be coming later for sure. I spent another hour and a half watching the series and midway through the episode, I realized my eyes were closing. I was a bit upset at Jen waiting for that late to come back, but I decided to give her the space she needed just like Kyle advised. I texted Jen and said I was tired and I would be sleeping soon. She sent a sad face emoji and apologized for being late, but said she would make up for it later.

I woke up the next morning, and this time, Jen was sleeping right next to me. When I saw her up close I realized how much I missed being with her. Jen texted me while I was asleep and said had an afternoon shift, and asked me not to wake her up. I dressed up for work, gave Jen a kiss without interrupting her sleep and left the house.

I worked until noon and took a lunch break. I had a half meatball marinara sub left over from last night. But just before I was about to have lunch, I felt as if I had fallen into a hole. I wore an engagement ring just like Jen. Mine was less fancier than hers and was just a regular band on the outside but it was 24K gold with our names engraved inside. I always remove my engagement ring before eating something messy to keep it clean. But when I moved my left hand to remove the ring, it wasn't there. I hastily checked my desk and everywhere around my office, but I couldn't find the ring. I checked the bathroom to see if I removed and left the ring there, but it wasn't there either. I asked people around the office if they saw a ring lying on the floor, on the bathroom counter, or anywhere else, but nobody saw it.

I panicked because Jen was super sensitive about my ring. She specifically asked me to wear a ring as well to signify my devotion to our relationship and she hand-picked that ring. I lost my ring two times before but luckily I found it both times inside the house. The first time it fell inside the bathroom drain and the second time I found it under a mess on my desk. Jen was cool the first time but she was upset the second time. She firmly said I should be able to pay attention to something that tied us together and treat it with more care.

I ignored whatever I was scheduled to do in the afternoon and got back home. Luckily Jen wasn't there. I spent the entire afternoon searching every corner of the house, but the ring was nowhere to be found. After the third run of my search, I gave up and decided to let Jen know I lost my ring.

I called Jen and said I was sorry but I lost my ring and I couldn't find it anywhere in the office or at home. She didn't say anything for a few seconds but then she started straight out yelling. Jen was absolutely livid and I think I never heard her like that before. She was repeating the stuff she said back then when I lost the ring for the second time, but this time it was way more aggressive. She said I must be an absolute idiot to lose something tied to my finger for the third time. I kept apologizing but it didn't do any good.

After some more yelling, Jen paused for a few seconds and then calmly said:

+ Look... I understand you didn't lose it intentionally. But I am still mad at you for being careless and not doing the one thing I asked you to, and I don't know if I will lash out at you again. I think it is better if we stay apart for a few days and delay our anniversary plans. I already wanted to spend some time with Michelle and with some other girls from the team. Let me spend the week alone. You can use the time to come up with something to make up for your carelessness. And then, we can celebrate our delayed anniversary. OK?

At that point, I was willing to accept whatever she asked for. She was calmer than before but I could sense the anger in the undertone of her voice.

- Yes, sure, whatever you want. I am so sorry and I promise I will make it up to you next week.

+ OK, thank you. And one more thing: I was already going to ask this for the weekend but I guess we can do it earlier. I have been a guest at Michelle's for some time and I want to be the host for once. Can you stay at your office on Thursday and Friday? We can hang out at home on Thursday and have a girl's night out on Friday. Since the club is closer to our house, it would be better if we stayed at our place. You can return home by Saturday night.

- Sure, whatever you want.

My plans and optimism for the rest of the week were completely reversed in a couple of hours. I was devastated to spend our anniversary away from Jen. I guess this was our first big fight and it couldn't come at a worse time. But still, a part of me was happy with how she calmed down and pulled herself back for the sake of preventing more damage and protecting our relationship. And given how angry Jen was at the beginning, this wasn't the worst outcome.

I spent the rest of the night searching the house, the car, and around the driveway to find my ring, but it was nowhere. After a couple more rounds of searching, I gave up and threw myself to the couch. I was exhausted by spending my entire day lifting and moving stuff and I fell asleep immediately.