Magic is a Powerful Thing Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I...I don't want to go back now mom," she said as she looked into her mom's green eyes. "I don't feel alone for the first time in a long time. I feel happy and wanted."

"I understand dear," her mom said soothingly as she gently knelt beside her daughter and hugged her. "If you're happy being this way then I am happy. But tell me?" Stephany looked at her mom's eyes again as she asked "Are you sure Jacob did not force you to like it?"

"He didn't mom. All he did was change my body and calm me down in the hospital." Then a thought occurred to Stephany and she asked her a question. "Mom? Why aren't you surprised about magic?"

At that, her mom smiled and giggled softly. "Whose book do you think you found in the attic?" and with that, her mom told her about her troubles with magic and how when she became a senior she had put the magic behind her. Deeming it too much trouble than it was worth.

Stephany's mom had been so caught up in her story she failed to notice Stephany had fallen asleep or that on the stairs was Tina listening intently and silently creeping back up the stairs just as she finished.

Lifting her sleeping daughter, she carried her up to her bed and let her sleep before she headed to her room. "Tomorrow I will need to speak to this Jacob." she resolved as she stripped and got ready for bed. Before going to sleep, she reached under her bed and pulled out a small, black, wood jewelry box. She caressed it and smiled before opening it, revealing a small silver ring with a red rose design on its face. Next to it was a long, silver necklace. She smiled and slowly closed the lid again and thought "And if he tries anything I will be ready."

12