All Comments on 'Magnolia'

by FantasyXY

Sort by:
  • 37 Comments
greenday0418greenday0418over 3 years ago
Great Story

5 stars I was laughing so hard I had to use my asthma inhaler.

YouamiYouamiover 3 years ago

It read like a classic crime noir, a sib genre I'm especially partial to but with a well placed injection of humour. Great story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Still Laughing

Not much "Loving Wife" in the plot, but a well thought out and well written tongue-in-cheek story to start my day off right!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Couldn’t get past page 2

Blah blah blah, way too much bs.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Thanks for the tags! Didn't have to waste my time reading before giving this a one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Suitable for a literature class, or maybe a seminar, . . .

on irony and dark comedy. Congratulations.

But absolutely obnoxious and unreadable. If you actually have a paying job, keep it. Had to skip to last few paragraphs just to find out who killed the bathing beauty. Glad I didn't waste any more time than that, and that was a complete waste.

But can't believe how much time and effort you must have put into this abortion. Yeah, the story deserves analysis for its literature, but you deserve analysis for weirdness. If that makes you happy, I'm not surprised.

Good luck with future efforts.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Great story

Well written story thank you

john_sixfooterjohn_sixfooterover 3 years ago
Great story!

Your mix of wit, sarcasm, tongue in cheeks, and acerbic humor is well above the heads of those making negative comments. Your final twist, that he was being played, was a good kick in the butt for our protagonist!

Excellent story! You took multiple complex threads and intricately wove them together. Well done, FantasyXY!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Does not belong in Literotica. No erotica.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
400 HUndred Years Ago

This is a really great story especially the part about an old detective who is ready to retire and then gets showed up by the rookie. Your story writing is great, keep it coming, everyone needs a good laugh during these times.

dab10dab10over 3 years ago

Oh what fun a hard boiled pulp fiction detective story.

Great job thank you

Lol

As for the anonymous posters I'd bet they never read Sam spade or father brown mysterys

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Disappointing

Heavy on bs and light on substance.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Detective Joe

Detective Joe should have known Bill wasn’t fresh out of the academy. Detectives are experienced patrol officers that get promoted. They need some experience before becoming an investigator.

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago

Had to read it a couple of times to really understand your humor. It was pretty good though. I especially appreciate the explanation of how the name Literotica was derived. I had no idea.

TajfaTajfaover 3 years ago

Wasn't so much a loving wives story but was a good read. Don't know why some commentators are so unhappy with it. 4 stars

Dittybopper6989Dittybopper6989over 3 years ago
Loving wife?

Really had trouble reading this. At first I was pleased as it was a crime story. Than as I read I realized it was a bad story regardless of the category it was placed in. Didn't find much I liked about it.

lujon2019lujon2019over 3 years ago

great story, wrong category

no sex, no cheating, no extra marital sex, no getting revenge for extra marital sex,

this should have been in Non-E, or Humor

mcbsmcbsover 3 years ago
Wrong Category

Would have given this story 4 or 5 stars if it had been in the correct category. Since it was incorrectly posted in LW, only 2 stars.

BaggyUKBaggyUKover 3 years ago
Very well written and..

..looking at the anonys brain dead comments you obviously hit the nail on the head for most of them...very funny that. Thanks for the tale.

Rw43Rw43over 3 years ago
A fascinating read about modern crime-solving techniques

It ain't.

But it was still a hoot!

A 5* read to me, even without sex. I loved the last page when it all came together. I kept waiting for the Rookie to one-up Call-Me-Joe, but it happened several times in one shift. So who really was the Smart One? Maybe there's something to this aptitude thing.

Ok, I didn't want to be too expressive until I passed the "more" button, but here goes: I laughed so hard at your description of Anonny. Then he admitted that he responded to your story by giving you a 1* without ever reading, simply because of the tags. Some fools double down on the social techniques that made them fools, and he will never know.

A complimentary dish of ridicule is served to the Anonny and 1* bombers.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Funny 1*

So Sargs real name is Richard and this authors nickname is Sarg and his real name is Richard. Funny a author would use both his nickname and real name in his story.

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarover 3 years ago

I thought it was great, a funny, weird, very well written tale. Thanks.

maxx308maxx308over 3 years ago
Good One

I have to agree with john_sixfooter this was a good story. Thanks for sharing.

management91399management91399over 3 years ago

A Recursive LW Story!

tazz317tazz317over 3 years ago
OLD FASHIONED COUPLED WITH NEW TECHNOLOGY

by using these and with old brains perps and doers are caught. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Good story. Thanks for the read! Interesting take on a crime procedural story. Written with tongue securely in cheek and produced more than a few smiles an chuckles.

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreeover 3 years ago

Nice.

This looked like a typical detective story

up to page 4.

There we were met with the clever thinking

of the writer.

Clever and original.

And a fun ending too.

Well done FantasyXY!

Top ratings from me.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 3 years ago
Definitely

Funny. So how did his partner make out with Miranda?

Burp177Burp177over 3 years ago
Wrong Category

This should be in humor & satire, not loving wives, regardless of the fact that it is mocking loving wives stories. Also, thank you for wasting ten minutes of my life.

As for actual criticism, Bill's character seems too clueless and stupid to tie his own shoes, much less get through a bachelor's degree at any college, much less get through the police academy pretty much anywhere. I know he is written for "humor," but he is more irritating than amusing.

juderboyjuderboyover 3 years ago
can I please have that hour back?

What a boring read

arrowglassarrowglassover 3 years ago

Worth a chuckle! Thanks!

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitover 3 years ago

Nice one! Fun to read, and had a nice take on the Anonymous Cowards. I also liked that it landed in LW, otherwise the target audience would not see it.

NVDiceGuyNVDiceGuyalmost 3 years ago

Sorry i get the motivation and i het the tongue in cheek plot but this just didn’t t click. The sidebars and the deviations from the story were way too much.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I liked it, well done.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Just another one of the thousands femdom fetish cuck tales.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userFantasyXY@FantasyXY
FantasyXY - aka Fantasy Man (Men have the XY chromosome) I enjoy writing erotic stories and am not afraid to experiment. I also have what some have called a wicked sense of humor. Most of my stories are done tongue-in-cheek. A good bit of my stuff is pretty bad, but you m...