Marchwood Ch. 06: Blighty

Story Info
Back in England Lady Marchwood encounters a strange doctor.
20.2k words
5
2.2k
1

Part 6 of the 6 part series

Updated 03/03/2024
Created 01/18/2024
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Chapter 1: Back to Blighty

Augustus experienced an uneventful journey back to England. Sadly he was unable to find an amorous married woman to enjoy pleasure with on his cruise. He arrived back at Southampton to meet his parents who were still in mourning and they whisked him off to Culbourne Park where he was able to mourn his brother's loss in the bosom of his family.

At last the official mourning period was an end and the Marchwoods were able to re-enter the social scene of Winterset such as it was. They began to dine with neighbours and pay visits again. Lord Marchwood lost no time in making clear to his son that he now expected him to assume the role of his eldest son and heir. He began to drive him around the local farms and introduced him to his tenants as well as other local landowners. Augustus began to spend time each day with his father's steward, understanding the estate's accounts and supervising the labourers on the home farm. Augustus had to admit that he preferred soldiering to farming but as a Marchwood he felt it was his duty to fulfil the role which now fell to him, so reluctantly at first he fell in with his father's wishes.

After a few months of this his mother announced that they would be decamping to their London residence. The London season was about to commence and Augustus would have a chance to make his mark in London society. Lady Marchwood, who was still a noted beauty, was much admired for her wit, charm and intelligence and all of fashionable London beat a path to her door when she was in town. Young Augustus felt that at last he might be introduced to some diverting people after months of discussing crop rotation and drainage systems. However, Lord Marchwood made it clear to his son that his primary aim during the season should be to secure for himself a suitable bride. As the heir to the Marchwood title, he would need not only to learn how to run the estate but also to produce his own heir and preferably a few spares.

His mother dragged him to a dizzying round of social visits, soirees and balls. A seemingly endless parade of mothers introduced their nubile daughters to Augustus, who was seen as one of the 'catches' of the season. As for Augustus he found all to many of the young ladies rather insipid. Many were pretty enough but seemed unable to do more than make polite conversation and perhaps sing a little and play the pianoforte. He thought back to his vivacious and sensuous mistress in India, Caroline Forsythe and the exquisite Christine Bell who had entertained him on the voyage out there. These were women of passion and experience, albeit rather older than himself. He could not bear to contemplate settling down for the rest of his life with one of these rather well-spoken but bland young women.

So the season passed with is mother pushing him towards first one young girl then another. His mother seemed particularly struck on Miss Lucinda Airlie, daughter of the Earl of Dunbar. She was a beautiful creature blessed with fair hair, the most perfect skin and enormous blue eyes. What is more her father appeared to own half of Scotland as well as an estate in the Midlands. She spoke French and German as was reputed to paint rather fine water colours. What is more one evening at a reception held by Lady Mountsteven she sang like an angel.

There was certainly nothing to object to in Lucinda, she was certainly pretty enough for Augustus to imagine enjoying sharing a bed with her and when his mother insisted on him paying a call on her one afternoon she conversed pleasantly enough asking with some interest about Augustus's military career. However, Augustus could not persuade himself to fall in love with her, no matter how hard he tried. Mama dropped numerous hints that he should work his way up to a proposal but the season ended with Augustus failing to secure that quarry and some months later Miss Airlie's engagement to a Captain Fitzpiddock, son of Lord Traherne was announced in the Times.

Back at Culbourne Park, Augustus resumed his training as the future Lord Marchwood. For a while all thoughts of marriage were put to one side. Then it happened. One day his parents dragged him rather reluctantly to a dance held by one of their neighbours, Sir Arthur Penbury. The Penburys were not wealthy but were an old county family and Lord Marchwood insisted that custom obliged that as the leading family in the county the Marchwood's should honour their invitation.

Augustus walked into the rather modest hallway of Penbury Manor and his father introduced him to Sir Arthur and his wife Lady Eustacia. Lady Eustacia then turned to a young woman at her side and introduced her as Miss Anne Penbury her eldest daughter. Augustus bowed in response to the young lady's curtsey as convention demanded and was then able to gaze on her face for the first time. Anne was no ravishing beauty but possessed a pretty face and a well-formed figure. What was more she flashed Augustus a radiant smile showing the most perfect white teeth, For some reeason his interest was piqued.

They passed on to mingle with the other guests but later when the dancing began Lady Marchwood suggested to her son that he ask Miss Penbury to dance. Normally, Augustus would have been reluctant but for some reason he wanted to get know this young lady a little better so he crossed the room and reintroduced himself. Anne was only too happy to comply with his request to dance and he was soon leading her around the floor.

When he got home Augustus simply could not put Anne Penbury out of his mind. She was pretty enough with neat regular features and straight dark brown hair but she lacked the beauty of many of the girls he had met in London, such as Lucinda Airlie. However, there was something about her slightly naughty smile and the sparkle in her eyes which he found very alluring. When they had conversed she had spoken naturally and without affectation. Whereas most young women at least pretended to be impressed when he told them how he had relieved the siege of an Indian fort with a small force of soldiers, Anne rather made fun of him but in a gentle teasing way.

Soon he was visiting Penbury Manor on a regular basis, though sadly Anne was always closely chaperoned so there was little opportunity for more than conversation over tea or a walk in the park with Anne's mother or younger sister trailing behind. Lord Marchwood could soon discern that his son harboured more than a passing interest in this young lady and one day called him into his study.

"Augustus you seem to be showing more than a passing interest in young Miss Penbury. I wonder wheher you would care to share your intentions towards her with me," his father began.

"I am not sure that I have any intentions," Gus replied. "She is a delightful young lady and I enjoy her company."

"That's all very well but if you really like this girl you must make your intentions plain," Lord Marchwood continued. "You know your mother and I have been keen to see you married ever since your return from India. Now Miss Penbury's family are not quite of our station but her father is a baronet from a good old county family, you could do a lot worse."

"Father, I am not sure that I am ready for marriage, I don't want to rush things," Gus protested.

"I have some understanding of your fears," his father replied. "I was pushed into my first marriage by my father simply because the girl was a rich heiress. We were entirely incompatible and spent several miserable years together before our unfortunate divorce. I just thank god that I finally met your beloved mother and had a second chance at happiness. I don't want to push you but if you think this girl might be the one don't let her slip through your fingers. Now what I suggest is we invite the Penburys for luncheon sometime soon and then you and Miss Penbury will have the chance to spend some time together. Perhaps that will allow you make a decision."

Augustus knew that his father was applying subtle pressure on him but could hardly object to him inviting the Penburys. He had to confess to himself that his feelings for Anne were growing stronger and he would be more than glad to spend some time with her again. However, if he were to propose to her that would mean committing the rest of his life to her. All his relationships with women had been fleeting sexual relationships without commitment. Even his affair with Caroline Forsythe had not required commitment, as she was already married. Now he was being asked to decide if he wanted to marry Anne despite the fact that he had never slept with her and had no idea whether she would be able to fulfil his needs. He wanted to be faithful to the woman he married but how could he know whether this would be possible until after he had married her? These thoughts whirled around in his head but brought him no closer to a final decision.

About a week later the Penbury's carriage rolled up the drive of Culbourne House and the butler escorted Sir Arthur and his wife and daughter into the withdrawing room where they were greeted by Lord and Lady Marchwood and Augustus. Everyone enjoyed a very convivial luncheon after which coffee was served on the terrace. It was beautiful sunny afternoon with just a gentle breeze to soften the summer heat. After some pleasant conversation, Sir Arthur suggested to Augustus that he might show Anne around the gardens and perhaps even the surrounding park. Augustus asked politely if anyone else would care to accompany them, assuming that Anne'e parents would wish to see her chaperoned. However, Lady Penbury suggested that the two young people might appreciate a little time alone and encouraged them to leave their elders to converse together.

Gus suggested to Anne that they might take a little stroll down to the lake and perhaps admire the grotto and the Grecian Temple which were nearby. They wandered down the path filling one another in on what they had been doing since they last met. When they reached the top of the lake they could see water gushing from what appeared to be a cave cunningly constructed from stone.

"So is this the famous grotto?" asked Anne. "And what do you do with young ladies when you take them into your grotto?"

Gus was slightly taken aback at Anne rather loaded question and the saucy smile that accompanied. Then he reminded himself that this was exactly what he liked about Anne, she was not conventional and she constantly kept him on his toes with her teasing.

"Come inside and you will find out," Gus replied.

Taking her hand he led her behind the back of the waterfall and into a dark and rather damp tunnel. They emerged into a chamber lit by an opening in the roof with walls patterned by hundreds of seashells. For a few minutes Anne admired the interior of the grotto in amazement. As she gazed around the walls and ceiling in wonder, Gus kept his eyes on her face. She really was very pretty and he adored the innocent wonder she made no attempt to conceal. Suddenly he yearned to embrace her more than anything. Since he had returned from India he had had no sexual relations with women at all. He had on occasions resorted to self-gratification and had found his father secret library of pornography to be of some assistance in facilitating this but however, much he frigged himself he could never obtain the same pleasure and satisfaction he felt from relations with a real woman.

"Oh this place is simply wonderful," gushed Anne. "How lucky you are to be able to come here when you want and to enjoy this beautiful park and gardens. We have nothing like this at Penbury Manor."

"So you would rather live here than at the Manor," Gus asked without really considering what he was saying.

"Why of course I adore this place," she replied.

"Well I suppose there is a way that could be possible," Augustus went on, carried away by his immediate feelings. "I have become very fond of you Anne, in fact I think I may be in love with you. How would you feel about becoming my wife and living at Culbourne House always?"

"Are you serious Augustus," Anne replied. "Please tell me you are not teasing me."

"Of course I am deadly serious," he answered. Gus could have made a joke of what he had said but he knew there was no turning back now. He took her hand. "Here I will go on bended knee. Now Anne Penbury will you do me the honour of marrying me?"

There was a long pause and for a moment Gus thought she was about to refuse his proposal then she replied. "Well of course you silly man. I have loved you since I first set eyes on you but I was never sure you felt the same about me. I would love to marry you."

Augustus rose to his feet. "Does that mean I can kiss you?" he asked.

"You had better. I have waited long enough for this," she replied.

So he took he his arms and they enjoyed a long sensuous first kiss.

"Oh Gus I never realised kissing could be quite so delicious," gasped Anne. "Are we really going to get married and do that for ever?"

"Of course my darling and there are many more delights that we can explore together," he replied.

"Do you know much of the arts of love then?" she asked sweetly.

"Well I have to confess I am not a complete innocent in that area," Gus confessed.

"Oh Gus my dear, do tell me more," she pressed him. "Are you telling me that you have been intimate with a lady before. Don't tell me, it was surely some dusky Indian maiden."

Eventually, sitting on a stone bench in the cool of the grotto, Gus was forced to admit to all (or at least nearly all) his intimate adventures. How he lost his virginity with the glamorous Mrs Bell on board ship and how he was pursued by Agnes Murray. Then he admitted how he was seduced by the voluptuous Mrs Forsythe, his commanding officer's wife and finally his dalliance with Nyra, the beautiful concubine of the Maharajah. Gus omitted to mention how he had buggered his maid when she had offered herself to him in thanks for saving her child's life or of his brief dalliances with Mrs Cummings at the Railway Hotel or with Mrs Sinclair when they rode out together. In fact Gus neglected to mention his proclivity for sodomy or any of the delicious ladies who had indulged this taste. Suffice to say that Anne listened open mouthed as he recounted an edited version of his sexual adventures.

"So there you have it my full confession," Gus added as he finished his tale. "Before you finally agree to marry me I wanted you to know my history. I fear I have perhaps not always acted honourably but if you were to become my wife I would endeavour to be true to you and no other."

"But Gus you appear to have had affaires with many ladies," Anne responded. "How can you be sure that you would not wish to continue in this vein after our marriage? I am sure you would tire of me and start to yearn for some variety."

"If I make a vow I keep it and I will vow my fidelity to you if you will still consent to be my wife," Gus said with a certainty, which he did not feel. "Besides in a successful marriage variety is possible in the bedroom even where one remains faithful."

"What you mean to tell me there is more than one way of well... doing what married people do?" Anne asked naively.

"Oh indeed and I shall show you them all," he replied.

Eventually they made their way back to the house after many more kisses, including a prolonged session of osculation in the Grecian temple.

"Ah there you are my dear boy," said Lady Marchwood as they entered the withdrawing room. "I hope you have not been leading dear Miss Penbury astray."

"Well as a matter of fact Miss Penbury and I have some rather good news. I have asked her for her hand in marriage and she has consented. I would only ask you Sir Arthur for your blessing on my proposal."

"Good heavens dear boy, this is splendid news," Sir Arthur replied. "I cannot think of a finer young man to be my son-in law. Of course I give my blessing. Congratulations to both of you."

There was then much kissing and congratulating among all the party and Lord Marchwood ordered the butler to bring champagne for everyone and a toast was drunk to the happy couple. Lord Marchwood insisted on the Penburys staying for dinner where more champagne was consumed and a very jolly time had by all.

Later that night as the Penburys' carriage at last rolled away down the drive Gus bid his parents good night and was suddenly hit by what he had done. He had proposed to Anne and was soon to be married. He adored the girl but could he keep his vow to be faithful to her?

After a relatively short engagement, Anne and Gus were married in her local parish church a delightful stone edifice dating back to the twelfth century. After the usual festivities they departed on their honeymoon which was to consist of a grand tour, similar to that undertaken by Lord Marchwood in his youth.

They spend their first night after the wedding at a hotel. It had been a long day of celebrations followed by a carriage journey and they were both grateful at last to be in their own room together. After their brief unchaperoned moment which had allowed Gus to deliver his proposa,l it seemed as if they were never alone together for the remainder of their engagement. Even if Gus had had the opportunity he was not sure that he would have wished to initiate any sexual intimacy with Anne until after their wedding. It seemed somehow right that they should explore this aspect of their new life together once they were married.

They had been booked into a large suite by Lord Marchwood who was paying for their honeymoon as his wedding gift. Anne had her own dressing room and her maid who had accompanied her on the tour helped to prepare for her first night with her new husband. Gus too had recently acquired his own valet, named Bagshaw, a rather taciturn young man who nevertheless appeared remarkably efficient in looking after his young master's needs and he assisted Gus to undress and get ready for bed. Soon the servants had discretely melted away and Anne made her way hesitantly into the main bedroom where Gus was sitting up in bed reading a newspaper.

"Ah my darling wife, we are alone at last," Gus said. "You must be very tired."

"Yes it has been a long day," replied Anne sitting beside him.

"Perhaps you just want to go to sleep," Gus suggested trying to be considerate.

"What and miss out on my wedding night when I have waited to long for it," Anne replied.

Gus was secretly pleased at this response. When they had been alone Anne had returned his fevered kisses with a degree of passion and he had often been tempted to take things further. However, lurking in his mind had always been the fear that his new wife would not approach lovemaking with the same enthusiasm as some of his former lovers.

"So you still have the energy to be intimate with your new husband?" he asked.

"I would not miss this for anything. Now dear husband you are the man of the world I hope you will guide your new wife in the paths of pleasure," she replied.

So it was they came together and embraced on the bed in a long passionate kiss. They were still clad in their night clothes but their hands explored one another's unfamiliar bodies, first over their clothes but as they relaxed they began to gently carress one another, his hands delving under the hem of her nightdress and creeping up her thighs while hers began to untie the cord holding his pyjama trousers. Soon she had his quivering manhood exposed and was gently manipulating it and admiring its dimensions.

"Is this the first time you have seen one of these?" he asked.

"Well yes apart from my brother's little pego which I used to see when we bathed together as small children. This, however, is of quite a different order," she whispered fondling his swelling pole.

"Will you let me remove your nightdress and admire the charms concealed beneath its silky folds," he asked.