Marilyn Goes to Hollywood

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The hall had been arranged with one wall separated into three sections, one for each finalist. They were early and had to walk along a narrow aisle behind the sections to their allocated booth. They could see an impressive figure seated in a director's chair with a thick cloud of cigar smoke hanging over his chair. There were a few others seated next to him. A couple of the younger ladies had clipboards and were taking notes of the director's comments. Some of the teachers from the school were standing and watching as Millie, the second contestant was working on her model. It appeared that they were almost finished. The model's head was covered in a scarf, and her body covered in a cape. Only the face was visible.

The first booth contained a completed Marilyn model. Tanya, Gillian's competitor, was beaming proud of her achievement. The model was preening in front of her audience. She was much taller than the original Marilyn and her bust was proportionately more prominent. Her face was beautifully made up with the signature blonde wig and dress. She appeared to have a few fans that hovered around her.

Gillian and Jaime had to make two trips to get everything from the car. Gillian arranged everything meticulously on the table. There were no mirrors. The booth was brightly lit. Each booth was separated into two sections with a heavy curtain. The area behind was a storage or changing area; it was small but manageable.

Gillian and Jaime observed Tanya rushing to complete the transformation in the allotted time. Each team would have fifteen minutes to complete the dressing and present Marilyn to the director and his team. Applause indicated that Tanya had finished her makeover and the curtain was drawn shut. A teacher stayed in the booth to ensure that no further makeup was applied. The director would then chat to Marilyn with his team and inspect her more closely. There would then be a short break and Gillian and Jaime would then take over.

Gillian had decided that Jaime should change into the Marilyn outfit and shoes before the contest started. She had a broad cape that would cover Jaime and protect the dress from any makeup spillage or accidents. Gillian removed the skirt and blouse off Jamie and ensured the corset was tight. She knew she wouldn't have much time after the makeover to make major adjustments. She hoped Jaime would remain confident and smile. Having seen the other two models, she felt more confident in their chances. Tanya's model was too tall although her makeup was striking. Millie's model was a shorter but heavier model not like the petite Marilyn.

Jaime resembled the physical attributes of Marilyn more than the other two. Gillian removed the red wig and pulled a wig cap tight over Jaimie's head, taping it down diagonally so it flattened the hair. The tape ran from the left corner of Jamie's forehead across her head to the back on the right. The process was repeated for the right corner of the forehead. Not only did this flatten the hair, but it provided a base to clip the Marilyn wig. It also lifted her brows at the corners into a nice arch. Finally, she used some pads and wiped off Jamie's minimal makeup. She quickly checked Jaime's waist and was happy that it measured just over 25" but with bust and hips to match Marilyn's. She hoped it wouldn't be noticed. Further tightening of the corset might cause Jaime to faint. Certainly, the other contestants didn't appear to meet Marilyn's measurements. She wanted to start with a clean slate. Before the curtain was drawn exposing Jaime and herself to the director and the onlookers, she sat Jaime down in the chair and wrapped the cape around her. It was broad enough to cover Jaime completely. With the hair covered under the wig cap, and face devoid of makeup, Jaime looked like a mannequin waiting for an artist to transform her into the form and face of a woman.

"Wish us luck," Gillian whispered and pressed her cheek to Jamie's. A moment later Gillian's teacher entered the booth. She informed Gillian that the director was quite particular. So far he was quite non-communicative about the other two models. As soon as the director was ready, they would draw the curtains and Gillian should be ready. She reminded them about the get to know you reception later and presentation to the winner.

A few moments later the curtain was drawn and Gillian faced the director and his entourage. She introduced herself and her model Jaime. Immediately Gillian went to work. She had done this many times now and had a few extra tricks that would add to Jaime's Marilyn image. She did not spend a minute looking at the director. In the image burned into her brain, she had every square millimeter of Marilyn's face mapped and painstakingly applied the color to Jaime's face. There was no room for error and correction. To her credit, Jaime sat still and followed Gillian's commands. She had been through this many times.

Gillian used up all but five minutes of her allotted time. She checked every aspect of 'Marilyn's face and pronounced she was done. The teacher came to her side, took some photographs and informed the onlookers that Gillian would have fifteen minutes to get Marilyn ready and presentable.

Gillian removed the cape and had Jaime stand. It was time for the wig and earrings. Gillian discreetly arranged the bands of the dress together accentuating the big bust. This was quickly accomplished, accessories and a touch of perfume added. Marilyn was ready for her debut.

"Don't worry babe, you look beautiful. Just be natural and speak in that sultry voice if you are asked a question. Relax," Gillian advised as they got ready for the teacher to open the curtains.

Jaime was growing nervous as the moment approached. The curtains opened and there were a few claps. Gillian and Jaime descended the few steps and were approached by the director and his team.

The director was just a few inches taller than Jaime but probably fifty pounds heavier. He wore thick square glasses and a cigar smell pervaded the air as he came closer. His voice was deep as he approached Gillian and Jaime.

"Congratulations. You've done an excellent job," he said with a smile. "You just made our decision more difficult." He asked for their names and about their goals and walked away to talk to the teacher. Gillian replied that she was ready to be in LA and that her good friend Jaime would accompany her.

His staff took many photographs and some came very close to Jaime inspecting the makeup. Not many words were spoken as Jaime was asked to walk around. Ever conscious of the plug-in her behind Jaime thrust out her bust and swung her hips as she had practiced with Gillian.

That whole process took around twenty minutes and they all clapped. The teacher announced that there would be ten-minute pause, thanked everyone for their effort and advised that the director would announce his decision at the reception.

Caterers had already set up tall tables with snacks and a full bar was available. There were no chairs so people had to stand and mingle.

Tanya and Millie, Gillian's classmates, came up to her and congratulated her for a great competition. Whilst they praised the others' work, they were each secretly hoping they were the winners. Hollywood, fame, money and a warmer climate were great incentives.

Jaime looked at her two competitors. They all looked like Marilyn from the neck up: blonde hair, blue eyes and inviting red lips. Tanya's model had the lips accentuated by being drawn outside her lip line. Millie's model had thin lips. Jaime had become accustomed to see the full red lips on pictures of Marilyn. Gillian had used those injections to get Jamie's lips perfectly. Below the neck, there were also some differences. One model was taller and didn't have the full bust of Marilyn proportionate to her height. Millie's model was of a similar height to Jamie but her figure was much fuller. Only Jamie came close to the original look and figure. It seemed that the others concentrated on facial similarities and not on the total impression.

Jamie could see the looks of the other two contestants. The director's team spent some time with each of the models inquiring about their story and history of modeling. Jamie spoke in a low voice, mentioned her engineering degree and that she was a last-minute model as Gillian's original model had to leave town to take care of a sick parent. Each of the three assistants asked different questions, Jamie noticed the careful and close inspection of her makeover. From the fingernails to the bust to the eyelashes, their inspection was detailed.

It was time to move to the other end of the hall and enjoy the spread and a well-earned drink. The director was in a huddle with his associates and would be announcing the winners soon.

Jaime and Gillian relaxed. They couldn't change anything and had done as well as able. Apart from the facial transformation, Jaime looked the closest to the original Marilyn. They each enjoyed a glass of Prosecco. They were too anxious to eat and Jaime was beginning to feel the pressure. She didn't want to be the reason that Gillian lost this opportunity. She had done and endured all.

The class professor clapped for attention. It was only a small group of twenty-five or so and her voice could be heard clearly.

"Ladies and gentlemen, so finally we have come to the end of this contest. I'd like to thank all who participated. Sadly, there can only be one winner but I am sure you all agree that the models look outstanding." There was a short pause for the applause as all three models smiled brightly with their big red lips. "As you all know, director Bud Flanagan, responsible for makeup and costume for Empire Studios, will announce his decision. Welcome director Flanagan."

Director Flanagan stepped alongside the professor to much applause from the onlookers. He was not tall and was carrying more weight than usual for his height. But he did look typical of the Hollywood set with his bright shirt with several buttons undone and a big gold chain clearly visible.

"Thank you," he began. "I am pleased to be here and see the results of your accomplished students. All the contestants look great and that is a compliment to this school and its teachers and their students. I have with my team of observers closely observed all three artists and their models. Their skills are evident. But sadly there can only be one winner." The director paused. "However, we will refer all contestants to the APO, Association of Professional Makeup Artists, and they are always looking for talent."

The director took a sip of the drink in his hand and looked at the audience. "The challenge posed was to create a twin to Marilyn Monroe. As you have been made aware, the winner will be invited to Hollywood to assist in the makeup department for the new film about Marilyn. Her model may be used as a stand-in. All the contestants have made very credible models resembling Marilyn. However, it seems only one understood the question fully and created a close impersonation of Marilyn. I have to say that with all our experience, we would have been hard-pressed to improve on this artist's work. Therefore, we have selected Gillian Reynolds and her model Jamie as the winners of this contest. Jamie will also come to Hollywood and help promote the film."

There was loud clapping even from the competitors who all rushed to hug and congratulate Gillian and Jamie who couldn't believe their fortunes. The director cleared his throat to indicate he wasn't done yet and requested Gillian and Jaime to come up to him. Gillian and Jaime approached with big smiles on their faces.

The director handed Gillian an envelope and kissed her lightly on the lips. He hugged Jaime and kissed her on the lips lightly too. Jaime was shocked and just stood there frozen. The director whispered something to Gillian and walked away.

As the director walked away with the onlookers, the contestants and their models walked to their sections to pack up their materials and leave the hall. Jaime was still in shock at the win and also at the kiss in public. It may be normal in Hollywood but not in Chicago even if all thought she was a real girl. Gillian held her hand tightly.

"Thanks, hon, I won't forget this," Gillian whispered to Jaime. "I'll make it up to you tonight."

Still stunned Jaime helped pack away the makeup and wanted to change to her other outfit. Gillian stopped her.

"What?" Jaime asked. "The contest is over and Marilyn is history."

"Not quite. The director whispered that we are invited to dinner tonight at his hotel to discuss details. We have to be there at 7.00 pm. Marilyn needs to be there and will attract some attention. But he has arranged a private dining room for his team and us."

"Oh," was all Jaime could say. She didn't want to rain on Gillian's parade so to speak.

"By the time we load the car and drive to the hotel we won't have much time. I'll have to get you a small handbag and touch up your makeup. We'll have to leave the stuff in the car. Let me call Clarisse as we can't go shopping just now. You have to look the part as that is what tipped the scales."

Gillian made the call and was smiling as she related her win. Clarisse obviously said 'yes' as Gillian finished with 'See you there.'

They packed everything into the boxes. Two of the cleaners volunteered to help carry the boxes to the car as they saw 'Marilyn' trying to lift a large box. Jaime just smiled and accepted the offer. Gillian gave a large tip grateful for their help. Even without the tip, they were grateful to be in the presence of Marilyn. They left with big smiles and jabbering away in Spanish.

They arrived at the hotel a little after 6.30 with plenty of time to spare. Gillian allowed the valet to park rather than have them walk from the multi-story car park next door. The doorman had a big smile on his face as he opened the door for Marilyn. It didn't matter that Superstar Marilyn would arrive in an old Honda. Having no choice, Jaime swung out her legs and stood up. Jaime was not sure if the young doorman recognized Marilyn, but whoever he thought she was, there were stars in his eyes. Gillian came around also with a big smile recognizing the looks Marilyn achieved. They entered the hotel and Gillian allowed Marilyn to be a couple of paces in front.

Just as they entered the large lobby, there was a sudden rush and Jaime found herself hugged by this large creature in a rustle of material and a cloud of expensive perfume. Many of the lobby visitors could only see a figure of Marilyn in her iconic white dress being enveloped by a large woman with a bouffant blonde hairstyle.

"Congratulations, darling," the voice boomed with a tight hug of two massive bosoms. The air kisses were emphasized by a loud kissing sound. It was of course Clarisse. She seemed to take as much pride in Jaime's transformation as Gillian herself. "Well done and deserved." Clarisse had a cloud of an expensive perfume about her that enveloped Jaime. Of course, she hugged and kissed Gillian on the cheek leaving faint imprints of her lips.

Gillian moved Jaime and Clarisse to a quiet corner of the lobby. Out of a large bag, Clarisse fetched three purses. One was with a long strap and the other two were clutch purses. Gillian looked at them and thought that the bright red sequin-studded clutch would work well with the white dress and it also came close to her lip color.

Clarisse wanted to offer a drink but Gillian declined. She wanted to touch up Jaime's makeup and prepare her to meet the director. Clarisse was not put off and said "See you tomorrow night. Don't forget your promise."

Gillian followed the signs to the restrooms in the large lobby. Jaime followed puzzled by Clarisse's last comment. The restrooms were in a small foyer. Gillian ushered them into an empty restroom which was large and well lit.

"What did Clarisse mean with that?" Jaime asked.

"Open your mouth a little and let's touch up those gorgeous lips," Gillian said. She carefully applied several layers of the lipstick and then many layers of gloss. She used a clean tissue to blot between applications.

"It's nothing," Gillian replied offhandedly. "Clarisse has a meeting of her clients once a month at the shop in the lounge. She wanted Marilyn to appear for a little to encourage others to be who they want to be."

"You want me to be Marilyn tomorrow night?" Jamie asked with a slight rise in tone.

"Well, it was in exchange for the discounts and the help with everything. It was only if we won," Gillian replied. "At the time, I didn't think we would make it as I didn't have a real model. Sorry, I didn't know you would become the perfect Marilyn." Gillian hugged Jaime. "I'll show you my thanks later tonight. California here we come!"

Jamie looked troubled as Gillian fussed over her. She tugged at the dress to ensure the look was great and the bust showed prominently.

"Don't look so worried, babe. That will be fun. Now pay attention. Let's agree to whatever the director wants. Be nice to him and flatter him. News in the industry is that these types like to touch and feel and get many favors from aspiring actresses and actors. I think you know what I mean. So play along. Remember: the goal is to get to Hollywood and find ourselves long term jobs. OK?"

Jamie nodded. This was the biggest test. To be near the director and talk to him, impress him was not something she had considered.

"Relax. Keep your voice low and we'll be fine. I'll be right next to you. Act like the winner you are and smile with those beautiful lips. After you drink or eat something, look in the little compact -- it's in your purse, slowly roll out the lipstick and apply it to your lips. Don't go over the line. I want those beautiful lips looking perfect. OK?"

Gillian sprayed Jaime with more perfume and linked arms. "Let's do this," she said and led them out of the restroom.

As they entered the lobby again there were more people and Marilyn received many a gaze and comment. One of the director's team members, Mandy, came up to them beaming.

"You've become a star already," she said. "The director and team are waiting. Just follow me. Just a head's up. Director was very pleased with your looks and Gillian's skills. You may have a great opportunity."

They entered a small room. The director and the rest of the team were there as well as Gillian's professor. The director approached with a big smile, hugged them and kissed Gillian and Jamie again full on the lips.

"Welcome and congratulations again," he said and led them to a small table. A waiter served up champagne and the director handed each of them a glass. "To Hollywood and a great career," he said raising his glass.

The director introduced Gilliam and Jaime to each of his team. It seems they were all assistants to the makeup artists and were learning everything from prosthetics to fantasy characters. They were enthusiastic interns who seemed to admire the director and praised him at every turn. They sat down to dinner and Gillian and Jaime were placed on either side of the director.

Dinner was a fine selection from a soup or salad to a fish or meat entrée. Dessert was a fine chocolate mousse. After skimpy meals, Jaime enjoyed the selections and taste of the fine wines. Unfortunately, the tight corset didn't allow her many bites of every course. As instructed, after every course, Jaime took out her purse and applied lipstick. In the small mirror of the compact, her lips looked fine, but she observed the director watch her application of lipstick. The marks left on her glass showed clearly the imprint of her lips.

After the dinner, the director took out a case and lit a cigar. Melanie, the girl next to Jaime took out a pack of cigarettes and offered it around. Jaime declined.