All Comments on 'Master Controller Act 10: Recreation'

by zeegee7

Sort by:
  • 3 Comments
WhackdoodleWhackdoodleabout 5 years ago
Do you know what is the best part of being human?

Being imperfect? When you can create perfection, flawless ness, is it still desirable? If you can make a person into anything you want, is it any different than making a robot?

And which is better, forcing a person to submit to you or someone choosing to love you because it is what they want? What’s the difference between a rapist and a man who forces women to submit to him?

Imagine that no woman can resist you. They have no choice, no will to choose someone else, instead they do anything and everything you desire, except for one thing....refuse you. How long before that would become unbearably boring? No challenge, no fear of being turned down. They would happily murder their own child if it would please you and care for nothing except what you want. Would that be fulfilling?

Sonehow I doubt it.

C_frommnC_frommnover 4 years ago
Nice Reach Back.

All the way to high school. with them being nothing more then "prizes" for the basketball team.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Mark has already endured more trauma than most people ever will in their whole lives, but he doesn't seem that phased by it. Most people having endured even half of that would have offed themselves or suffered significant mental health issues and be unable to do anything productive. He seems to be fine and dandy, for the most part. Though I guess all this trauma explains why he became a tyrant. Life fucked him over so fuck over everyone else without caring about how they feel. Meh kind of simplistic but whatever.

I found it amusing that he simply bumped into a high school girl and instead of, at most, yelling at him and calling him names, she goes all Bond supervillain on his ass. Why are there so many psychopaths in this story? It's just too extreme to be plausible. And the locker room scene was basically a clone of the college flashback from the last chapter. How original. And he just let their whole torture shtick go on and on for god knows how long without saying anything to anyone. Well of course he did.

I'm guessing those random little chapters with superheroes are to establish some kind of future encounter with Mark as the villain of the story. Although Titan seems more like a villain; he basically saved a woman from rape only to rape her himself and then ended up getting a bunch of people killed with his recklessness. Reminds me of Homelander in The Boys.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous