Mean Girls of Maplewood Ch. 19

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"UUUHHHHMM, HUH I WAS-!!" The lie died before he could speak it as Nurse Flora Bell quickly scurried out of the room little realizing that her brassieres was exposed through a gap in her nurse's smock.

"So that's what it looks like when losers fuck."

"Yeah, laugh now little girlie; I'm gonna be laughing when I close that cell door in your freckled face."

"Ain't gonna happen Jimmy boy." Almost on cue the door to the room opened as Sheriff Reed stood aside letting their lawyer enter the room and a man recognized as Judge Stafford, an elderly man she'd once met at a private fundraiser for her father's reelection. Sheriff Reed was a shoe in that year because the big money people in Maplewood didn't want the black outsider who wouldn't play ball, to be elected. She recalled his hand on her butt as she sat on his lap in a lime green bikini, noting that she hadn't slapped him because of his status.

"Why don't you go on home Jimmy; I got it from here."

"Sheriff." Deputy Jimmy reluctantly tipped his cowboy hat before doing a slow burn as he walked to his patrol car. Red wanted to hurl a parting barb, but wisely kept quiet as the large, rotund silver haired man took stock of her facial injuries. His hand was close enough that she was able to discreetly touch it with a pinky, lightly rubbing it.

"Think very carefully about how you answer young lady; the paperwork has been filed against you for assault among many other things. I'm told the other girl uhm, attacked you at school, is that right?"

"Yes Judge Stafford; is Chelsea okay, I'm really worried about her." No one within earshot was fooled by the fake concern.

"Don't you worry none about that Red, your paw done filed assault charges against that other one and I'm here to arraign you on account of your inability to appear before my bench. Now, I think you're a fine young lady and probably just got off track." He wanted more than anything to lift up the blanket for a look at the eighteen year old in the buff.

"Happens sometimes Judge; she just wouldn't listen to reason, that other girl Chelsea." The family lawyer Bud, faked coughed wanting her to simply answer the judge's questions.

"Yeah, I gather her folks will tell her that, when she wake up." A jolt of fear ran up Red's spine making her worry that she was going to jail after all.

"I'M REAL SORRY ABOUT THAT-I REALLY AM, JUDGE STAFFORD!!" She tried to force out some tears, but it didn't work, but he patted her head anyway trying to calm her nerves.

"There, there little girl, you just worry about getting better and all; I want your plea and nothing else. So, how do you plead?" Red's heart was thumping in her chest like it would burst free as she looked around from the judge's face to her lawyer Bud and finally at her father who looked away still ashamed at being caught with Leslie. She wondered if it was some kind of test to catch her in a lie or something. Her mind raced as she wondered how she could possibly survive time in jail if she were convicted.

"Red?" Bud half whispered wanting her answer.

"Uhm, I'm-innocent." Her answer hung in the air for a few minutes before the stone faced judge turned to her father, both men nodding.

"Bail's already y been paid; I Don't see a problem with cutting her loose. We'll set that trial up for next year some time. That enough time for you, Reed?"

"Hey man, I owe you one."

"Check better be in the mail, or that trial might get pushed up a bit closer." The crooked judge warned.

"You'll have it in the morning sir; care to have a drink with me." Bud interrupted escorting the judge out of the room leaving Sheriff Reed alone with his daughter. They glared at one another in a test of wills that he ultimately lost as she held up her handcuffed wrist.

"Get this fucking thing off me." He unlocked the cuff allowing her to rub her wrist already plotting against Leslie Kennedy.

*************************************************************************************

Humbert was jolted from his sleep by the incessant ringing of his phone finding April's number illuminating his features in the darkness. He ignored it, tired of the constant drama she'd been generating as of late. It almost felt as if consummating their relationship had been akin to opening a Pandora's Box and he wanted some quiet to think things out. He sat in the darkness watching the phone ringing numerous times having already muted it after the first few calls. There was another slight noise that attracted his attention. It was coming from his window, the sound of a pebble hitting his window in the middle of the night. He stared at his half open window for a few minutes before getting up robotically walking over to stare down at the street below.

"Why?"

Leslie was gazing back up at him from the driver's side of her car. He noticed the look of desperation on her face as she leaned against the vehicle resting her elbows on the roof. It almost looked like she was in pain as she gestured repeatedly towards him seeming to want him to come down to her. He was conflicted realizing that she was crying hard, incessantly beckoning to him even going to far as to clasp her hands together like she was praying. It was dark outside his home making her face stand out in the inky blackness as the slender teen faltered internally. His own heart began beating fiercely at the sight of the stunning beauty while his mind ran laps around her probable intent. It seemed like she felt he was her property or something and he didn't know if he wanted to feed into her psychosis as his phone continued flashing on the bed. It was a virtual tug of war between his unseen girlfriend and the cheerleader who'd become a part of his life, a part of him as he watched from his second floor window confused. The distress on her face touched him deeply enough to begin working at lifting the window to speak with her.

"Humbert, I know you're probably tired of me by now and I don't blame you one bit; but I just wanted you to know how much I appreciated meeting you. I'm glad you were my first and it is a time I'll always cherish no matter where we end up in life. You are a beautiful person and I guess that makes me shit for tormenting you like I have these last few weeks. I'm sorry for all of that and I just wanted you to know that-I think I've truly fallen in love with you." Leslie gave up leaving him watching as she entered her car driving off into the night. He watched for a while for a while before picking up his phone listening to the recorded message that had accidentally played while he was looking down at Leslie. He stared out into the night dialing the number, committed.

"April?"

...TO BE CONTINUED.

The Reign of Terror will continue in Maplewood.