All Comments on 'Mel's Fluid Intake'

by IAmControl

Sort by:
  • 4 Comments
WhackdoodleWhackdoodleover 1 year ago

Being a drone or controlled or dominated is ok, for a short time; but what if “Ben” decides to rob a bank to experience the adrenaline rush. Or murder an innocent pedestrian? Or rape a child or any number of actions that an non living computer might do?

Ben shouldn’t be able to cause her to do anything that would harm her or any other person; but he is an amoral program whose subroutines have chosen sensation as an idea to explore. And so far, “Ben” has altered her body chemistry and thought patterns to accept his control.

IAmControlIAmControlover 1 year agoAuthor

And Ben *has learned being human from her.* If she knows robbing a bank is a bad idea, that's his experience too. Oh - and Ben forces her to do things A) because he can tell she wants them and B) because she herself *could* do them, or at least put herself in a place where she can have them happen. Remember, he's learned from her. Yes, he's altering her to accept control - that she wants - but he does so because her brain has told him she does. I'm sure that if she wanted to rob a bank, he would question it and either do so (if good reason to do so exists) or talk to her about why she won't despite "wanting to" (it's immoral, learning opportunity) so that balance exists because Ben is inherently emotional and flawed like any other person. It's *not* just another Skynet with a dick.

I see where you're coming from and appreciate your feedback, but this isn't a 'woah, author skirts close to stupid and hurtful line' thing, it's a 'oh, cool, it's the AI control thing except a bit of a different take, not only is it entirely contained in a human, but it also only knows human stuff. How will it think now? Will it justify things?'

And hell - maybe that's a fun tool for an author - or even say, a reader? - to explore in a second part or on their own? The idea of that blended morality and consciousness, and whether or not this "Ben" entity would build on her knowledge and determine that the robbery/rape/death is a good choice somehow, or if he would use that knowledge to understand why such an action is wrong from even his uniquely external point of view?

Hope you enjoyed regardless; remember, it is just a story at the end of the day!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

What an incredibly unique and interesting concept!

IAmControlIAmControlover 1 year agoAuthor

Thanks Anon!! Hope you enjoy some more of my work sometime soon!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userIAmControl@IAmControl
EMC/Hypnosis, Transgender/transformation (with a M>F preference) Lesbian, Science-fiction, Fantasy, Bimboification & Dollification and light BDSM story lover with a passion for quality authoring, sensical story writing, and unique, believable concepts. I write what inspires me...