MF Max Intel Ch. 06-10

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Max looked at the account a bit more closely and saw there was a freeze on the account and while deposits could be made, withdrawals could not.

"Okay," Joon whispered, "We can definitely rebuild mom and dad's house once the money is unfrozen."

While that quip would be humorous later, right now it fell flat.

Max looked to Vika, "What do you suggest we do?"

Vika smiled, "Have Uncle Boggs get hold of that Smythe Admiral and let him know all of them were members of an interstellar crime syndicate called 24K and the family, under authorization from the Terran Federation High Command, took out the leadership of that organization as they were responsible for subverting governments and were involved in interstellar criminal enterprises which included kidnapping, extortion, piracy, theft, and human trafficking just to name a few."

Those proceeds are earmarked for High Command to ameliorate any economic impacts minus a ten percent finder's fee to the group that organized the summary justice allowed under Terran Federation Piracy laws."

Howard laughed his ass off. Everyone looked in his direction and he said, "There is no way in hell the Admiralty isn't going to jump all over this and claim credit when they can get their hands on over 36 trillion credits!"

Joon and Mercedes agreed, and Max let out a deep breath, realizing he was right.

"Yeah, and our names are on that account, so it isn't like T-Fed isn't already looking for us. Which means we need to be very careful when we approach our meet with Boggs."

Astrid then dropped the bomb, "That leaves us with over 4 trillion credits. There is no way we could ever spend it all."

Agatha spoke up, "We are about to enter the gravitational zone of Oxbow. What are your orders, Captain?"

"Approach from an oblique angle and slowly traverse the area around Oxbow. See if you can pick up anyone's emotions."

After a few tense moments Agatha made a sharp turn. "There seems to be a large ship just ahead of us. We are in full stealth mode, so it is highly unlikely they know we are here. Also, I am not picking up any emotions from the bridge to indicate we have been seen."

"And Oxbow itself?"

"Your Uncle is very nervous, along with a woman beside him. There is another man inside their shuttle and at least 60 people with neutral intent scattered around the bay in little alcoves trying to hide. There are an additional 4 people around the shuttle."

"Your overall assessment, Ags?"

"Ready for hostilities but not committed. We should be safe to land. It is my opinion what happens after depends on our conversation with Uncle Boggs."

Howard swore, "That Son of a Bitch!"

Max calmed him down, saying: "Dad, he has been Naval Intelligence since before Sutton was ousted. He was their man on the inside. While he is a bit cold hearted, it is his necessary nature for survival. He is not evil."

"Fine, I will withhold judgment. But if he becomes a threat, I am not going to play around with him."

"Agatha, I want one hand with us. All of the family will exit together after we land. Paula, put everyone on that battleship asleep so hex them all. And be ready to hex all the combatants except the ones around the shuttle on my command. Mom and Dad, suit up with your helmets in hand. I want GOAT to know who you are."

Paula concentrated a moment and then smiled, "Battleship is fully hexed and out of commission."

"Agatha, take us in."

Mercedes and Howard smiled at each other. "She's good."

"Very good."

Joon and Max just winked as their ship entered the docking bay.

0o0

Boggs hated this, so much could go wrong so quickly. From the satellite film he saw of the confrontation at the house he knew these troops were massively outclassed, but the Admiral insisted. Boggs tried to tell him it was sending the wrong message to no avail. When he heard the retrothrusters from out of nowhere his ass puckered.

Within minutes the rear cargo door opened revealing the entire crew plus, "Fuck!...Hello Mercedes. Howard." Boggs announced.

Mercedes answered, "A pleasure as always. It has been a while. You doing well?"

Howard just looked around with disdain at the troops surrounding them, "They do realize they have put themselves in line to kill each other if they open fire, right?"

"Not my problem, Howie."

"Nor mine." Max said. *Hex just the soldiers around us, not the four at the shuttle or Boggs or Nanna.* "Dad, Mom, release your cats to cover the four in nanoweave at the shuttle. No attacking unless released, please."

At that moment the four jet black, winged felines erupted from Mercedes' and Howard's armor and quickly approached the four guarding the Admiral, walking up and sitting directly in front of them and emitting a low growl as they made it obvious they could be seen just as every other soldier hit the deck, knocked out to a person.

"Not a very warm reception, Boggs."

Boggs shrugged, "Not my call, Anders."

At that moment, Nike and Emma took on their human forms, having gone invisible themselves, and called to "Nanna!" as they rushed her."

For the first time in her life, Naja Yolanie Xander shed a tear in happiness.

"Oh my dears! You are growing up so fast! And you each have your own body now! How is that even possible?"

"It was Agatha's doing Nanna! She is a very special being that can do that sort of thing." The twins pulled their Nanna to the family and introduced them all, leaving Max for last. "Nanna, this is our sister Melinoe. We just call her Max. Her last name is Anders."

Looking directly at Max, Naja quietly said, "I thought you were dead. No one knew where you were. I searched for years."

Boggs coughed, "Perhaps now is not the time, Naja."

Naja ignored him, knowing the possible consequences, she had to come clean, "I thought your adopted mother had something to do with your death. I could not touch her, so I employed a group of assassins to kill her. I am so sorry."

Max froze. Even though she already knew, hearing it directly from her created a rush of all the hurt and anger and lust for revenge within her in an overwhelming wave. Agatha began to sooth her, *Max, it was a mistake. If you kill her now, you will only perpetuate the evil and you will lose your sisters. Don't destroy our family, please.*

The red mist cleared, and Max saw she had a knocked arrow inches from Naja's face. Naja looked into Max's eyes, accepting her fate. Her eyes full of sadness. "I am so sorry," was all she said.

Nike and Emma pleaded vocally and mentally, "*Please do not kill our Nanna! Please! She is the reason we are still alive!*"

Max slowly lowered and dismissed her bow, "I became the huntress and killer I am today for the sole reason of finding you and killing you. Now I find that was a dead end. I will not become that which I hate."

Naja let out a deep breath, "You are wiser than I. You are my granddaughter, I would never knowingly hurt you. I am so sorry."

"Give me time. I need to work through all this. Perhaps one day I will be able to forgive you."

At that moment, all four cats growled.

Joon looked at the shuttle, saw Admiral Smythe, and cried out, "You four can take off your nanoweave, we all know you are there and can track you without issue, so it is pointless."

"Ahh, Ambassador Smith, Captain Anders, it is a pleasure to meet with you again, although I wish it were under better circumstances."

Joon had swiped GLAMOR over her face and body a few times prior to leaving the ship and she walked over to Admiral Smythe. "Let's cut to the chase, shall we? Admiral, all of them were members of an interstellar crime syndicate called 24K and the family, under authorization from the Terran Federation High Command, took out the leadership of that organization as they were responsible for subverting governments and were involved in interstellar criminal enterprises which included kidnapping, extortion, piracy, theft, and human trafficking just to name a few."

"Those proceeds are earmarked for High Command to ameliorate any economic impacts minus a ten percent finder's fee to the group that organized the summary justice allowed under Terran Federation Piracy laws...which would be us. I am sure you can verify everything with a little snooping."

"Lift the freeze on the account and we will immediately transfer 90% of the current proceeds into High Command's coffers, you can take all the credit, and we can be on our way."

"Before we do anything, you need to lift the communications blocker so I can call the battleship stationed outside. They have orders to attack this asteroid should I not report in."

"We don't have a comms blackout running, Admiral. The reason they are not answering is because they are all asleep. We didn't want any complications and were a bit unsure how things were going to go down, sorry."

"Asleep? How the hell did you put an entire Terran Battleship to sleep!?"

"Same way we did with your soldiers here, Admiral."

"Humph. Well, are you still one of ours, Mrs. Smith?"

"Admiral, we put family first, the Terran Federation second, and the power structure within the Terran Federation third. As long as you don't threaten the family, that answer is unequivocally yes. I hope you will note we have taken the trouble to not kill anyone here. It would have been just as easy to do so."

Admiral Smythe nodded. "Okay, you wake everyone up, I will stand them down, along with my personal guard with you calling off your cats, and let's do this. I will want a non-disclosure agreement with everyone here. One last question, will there be any more mass killings?"

"It is our understanding this will be the only one. However, we have an operative who will be visiting every planet where 24K had operatives and will be eliminating them if they are still in business."

"Just 24K operatives, no families or children?"

"Just like with the civic center, families and children will be well cared for."

"Then we have a deal."

"Make sure the monies are transferred directly to the Terran Federation's High Command account, Admiral. It would be a shame to find some of it was diverted."

"Are you threatening me Mrs. Smith?"

"I just wanted to be clear, Admiral. After what you have seen, a threat would seem to be unnecessary. Wouldn't you agree?"

"Yes, I see your point."

*Paula, wake everyone up here and on the battleship, please.*

*Done!*

*Max, how are you doing?*

*I'm good. I need to work through this some, but I am not wanting to kill her on sight anymore."

*How are the twins?*

*Having a grand time showing off to Boggs and Naja.*

The soldiers in the alcove began coming around and Admiral Smythe's comms device lit up with an urgent situation report. "Yes, I am fine Captain. You can secure from General Quarters; everything is well in hand here. There are no threats to me or anyone else at this time."

Mom and dad called back their cats which leapt back to their places and the four-person security detail took off their nanoweave. One asked, "Ambassador, would those magical cats have been able to hurt us?"

Joon nodded, "Not just hurt you, you have nothing on you that could harm them. They are impervious to laser and solid munitions and their talons can rip through your battle armor with ease."

"No shit?"

"No shit. Want a demonstration?"

"Nah, I think I'm good. Thanks anyway."

"Let me know if you change your mind, soldier."

"Roger that, Ambassador."

Admiral Smythe had unlocked the bank account and set up the transfer of 90% of the balance to the High Command's accounts receivable, waiting for Joon's DNA scan to finalize the transfer. Joon verified the transfer and smiled.

"I must say, your methods are pretty heavy handed, Ambassador."

"Heavy handed? I am not the one who put an innocent family under gunpoint with over 50 soldiers and 4 special operators. Not to mention a whole Battleship. All for following the law of the Terran Federation in dealing with Pirates. Don't you think our approach was very measured and assured no one who was innocent got hurt?"

"What would have happened if we had given that information over to you? How many soldiers would have died? How many legal battles would have been fought? How hard would the reputation of the Terran Federation High Command have been hit?"

"This way, you get all the glory for dealing with this in a way that cost High Command nothing, brought into the coffers over 36 trillion credits at a time funds are understandably tight, and High Command looks like they are actually doing something right for a change."

"Yes, well, in hindsight I guess you are right."

Joon smiled, "You are most welcome, Admiral. Now, gather everyone around in a semicircle, I am going to get my guitar and a chair and sing for everyone." Astrid, with a bit of help, made a quick production out of it, putting up a green screen behind Joon so they could insert what backgrounds they wished.

Max handed Joon her iridescent green double necked guitar as Boggs found a comfortable seat for her to sit in.

Soon everyone was seated in layered rows around Joon as she swiped her GLAMOR one more time. She began with an old, archaic song by Steppenwolf called 'Born to be Wild' followed by another ancient song 'Rider on the Storm' by the Doors along with others from that era including 'Indian Reservation (The Lament of the Cherokee Reservation Indian)' by Paul Revere and the Raiders, 'Bad Moon Rising', 'All Right Now', 'The Sound of Silence', 'Way Down', 'Ghost Riders in the Sky', 'Far Over the Misty Mountains Cold', 'Man of Constant Sorrow', 'Long Cool Woman', and 'Sultans of Swing'.

Somehow Joon was able to vocalize 5 different voices at once as she sang, all of them full of depth and resonance, and, by the end of the short impromptu show, everyone was mesmerized. Every soldier from Private to Admiral clamored for more and begged for autographs. They got lots of good shots of the soldiers having the time of their lives as well. The reverberations from the hard walls of the landing alcove in the asteroid made for some unforgettably fantastic background sounds for the video.

Astrid worked overtime getting the production to a final stage with in-period film shots as well as the audience and pictures of Joon worked into the background. She titled it, 'An Impromptu show with members of the Terran Federation Military.' When she was finished, she shot a copy to the Battleship with full rights to distribute among the TFN. It took her all of 20 minutes with her now advanced wet ware.

Within 5 minutes of watching, Captain Catherine Carstairs had it broadcast to Olympus with a request to have it sent to every port, ship, fort, shipyard, and training facility in the Terran Federation. Within two hours the video had been seen by over 30 million people and the numbers were rising astronomically.

Finally, it was time to go. Naja said goodbye to her grandchildren, taking the time to thank Max and the girls for taking good care of them and making them into strong young women. She admitted this whole situation, including the killing of so many in 24K, had given her a lot of peace and she expressed her appreciation.

The crew of the Deirdre held back. Joon looked at Max, *Time to requisition supplies?* Max nodded, and Howard and Mercedes were given the grand tour of a ghost protocol base. Both parents were silent, being totally blown away by their daughter's performance.

Mercedes hugged their daughter as they walked through the lonely hallways, "You know dear, when you decide to retire from your Ambassadorship, you can easily make a living of singing concerts. You are the most talented singer I have ever heard. And that is not just your mother talking."

Joon looked to her father who looked back with adoring eyes, a single tear flowing from his eyes. He was barely able to croak, "You never cease to make me proud."

Joon was beaming.

0o0

All three Agathas not on the Deirdre received copies of the newest music video and they shared them with their associates. Both Major-Domos asked for permission to release the video to their populations and Soumii broadcast it on a loop for some time on Freeport. In all instances it was a smashing success.

0o0

Mary had asked Agatha to come to tea. Knowing the topic of conversation as well as wanting to give Mary an update on what was happening with 24K, she immediately closed up shop and walked towards Mary's private residence. As she was becoming quite the regular associate of the Chair, no one thought twice about her being there and she shared several polite greetings with the Bract she met along the way.

When she arrived, Mary's door was ajar. "Mary?"

"Oh yes, Agatha! Please, do come in!"

Agatha entered, closing the door behind her and seating herself at the tea table. "Have you any news from the Board, Mary?"

Mary entered with her teapot and poured for them both. "Indeed, I do, Agatha. I am pleased the Board has accepted your invitation to do business and has also agreed to take action against the members of 24K on our depots. It seems the Terran Federation has decided to use Bract shipping exclusively with all trade concerning the Minor Empires and with Freeport. We have reached a tentative agreement as to pricing and await Terran High Command's approval. One wonders how such a notion got into the Terran Federation."

Agatha smiled but only winked. "I do have news on the 24K front you need to pass on, your Depots may want to move up their timeline a bit. It seems over 250,000 24K movers and shakers were in a convention all together and they suddenly transferred all their cash to the family and subsequently passed away from natural causes. With the cash flow gone from the organization, you may wish to go ahead and deal with the members on your Depots to prevent them from going freelance."

"Indeed! Interesting how so many died of natural causes right after giving their assets to the family. You had nothing to do with that, I am sure."

"Well, to be honest, one of their Witch enforcers decided to attack the family and was killed. The Witch was resurrected by one member of the family and, as a result, became her slave. The Witch was then sent on a mission to destroy 24K. Making sure to spare families and children and give them enough credits to live comfortably, of course."

"I can see there being push back on that." Mary astutely commented.

"Indeed, the family collected over 40 trillion credits in their account which was immediately frozen due to the investigation into the deaths of so many public officials. However, the family just kept a 10% finder's fee and gave the rest to the Terran Federation who will take credit for the cleansing of the public ranks."

Mary let out a soft chuckle, "How diplomatic of the Federation to work that out."

Agatha nodded in agreement with a sly wink.

"Thank you for this intelligence, Agatha. I will speak with the Board immediately upon the conclusion of our tea and I am certain they will agree to move against 24K before the evening is over. Also, if you could get me a list of all entities involved or are fronts for 24K we will be sure to not do any more business with them in the future."

"Actually, Mary, I cross referenced all the depositors with their business interests and have made just such a list." Agatha handed Mary a digital drive with the information on it. "I did not want to broadcast this before giving it to you so as not to hinder any investigations you had running."

Agatha had already given the list to Minsu to hand over to the Sharik-Sah so they might also begin moving against any bands of 24K operating in their space.

0o0

The Ornalith space station in the Xi Pisscium system was a huge station. However, Freeport was way too large to dock with it. Instead, Freeport set up stationary position about 50,000 meters from the station. This allowed the station to compensate for the gravitational pull such a massive craft had and within moments of 'parking' Freeport, a large group of Ornalith docked with the mining station and were greeted by Agatha, Soumii, and Mossira to begin the inspection, planning, logistics, and costs of the refit.

1...45678...15