Michael or Mac Ep. 05

Story Info
Can Mac banish Michael?
24.2k words
4.88
8.8k
7
Story does not have any tags

Part 5 of the 10 part series

Updated 09/30/2023
Created 09/04/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Bamo68
Bamo68
732 Followers

Hi, and welcome to part 5 of Michael or Mac.

Once again, I would like to thank you for your kind words and your constructive criticism. I do read each one and take on board what you say. Finding someone to proofread and edit is a lot harder than you think, especially when each episode is in excess of twenty thousand words.

My apologies to our American friends across the pond for my very English American characters. I hope you can read past that and enjoy the story.

I have managed to get this episode out a little quicker, so please enjoy.

Don't forget to score me or leave a comment.

******

Farrow calms, throwing his head up and down. He stops in front of me, and I step towards him. The two hands at the gate look a little stunned as I put my arms around Farrow's neck and hug him. "hello boy, are you pleased to see me?...... Yes, I've heard, but you'll get cold and wet out here." Call me mad, but I've always thought he understands what I say. "Do you want to go for a ride?"

I pat his neck and turn to walk towards the gate, with Farrow walking close behind. "Open the gate, lads, and I'm Michael, but most around here call me..."

"Mac, are you scaring the hands again?" Violet calls as she walks out with Emma, who I have to do a double-take in her riding jod's."

"You're Mac? As in the owner Mac?"

"You two must be pretty new and not been here long enough." I shake each man's hand.

"Sorry, Sir, we didn't mean what we said about your girlfriend."

"Yes, you did; she's gorgeous, and it's Mac. You can call Paps, Sir." I pat the closest one on the back. I turn to Farrow, "come on, boy, let's get you saddled up."

"You mean you ride that crazy horse?" The hand says as I walk up towards the fence where Violet had put my saddle and bridle. Farrow snorts at the hand making him jump back, and then follows me happy he had his say.

"He's a big baby; you just need to get to know him," I call back.

While I saddle Farrow up, Violet makes sure Emma is okay to ride with me. I half-watch as I tighten the straps on the saddle. Farrow is moving around quite a bit because he's getting excited.

One of the hands comes over to help, "I wouldn't get too close bud, he will have you if you do." I calm Farrow down as I slide the bridle on and over his ears. "He's even more protective of me. We grew up together, and the last gift my Parents gave me." the hand steps back and leans against a nearby rail.

I'm ready to go and, in one move, jump up onto Farrow's back. "Come on, boy," I say while I give him a gentle kick. He never needs a lot to get him moving, a gentle shake of the reins and a tap with my heels, and he will be off.

We walk down to where Emma is waiting on the back of her horse after showing Violet that she's more than proficient to ride out with me. My eyes drift down at what Emma is wearing, and I can't hide the smile on my face as I see how the tight jodhpurs accentuate her curves that much more.

We head off south to surprise Paps. We aren't in a hurry and walk down the track out of the main house's fencing. Emma is talking fast, all excited at this unexpected visit, and telling me about the horse riding lessons she has done. Her goal was to ride out with me because she was limited to what she could do on her first visit.

"Baby, I almost forgot," Emma says, looking a little more serious. "We've been invited to a Halloween party next Friday. Do you wanna go?"

"Would be our first outing in Belmont as a couple," I say.

"I don't usually go to these things because all the boys see me as prey and bug me all night. I only ever want to dance with my friends and have a good time."

"I would like Saturday night to take you out for a meal, and we need some alone time before next week."

"I know; I haven't forgotten your going away." Emma thinks for a moment, "maybe we can get a hotel room and make a night of it?"

I give her an, 'I approve look.' "That can be arranged. Do you think your mom will go for you being away two weekends in a row?"

"She should be fine; dad's normally home Saturday nights anyhow. If he takes this job he's been offered, he will be home a lot more."

"How's that going?"

"He's had a formal job offer and is now considering it."

"Full satellite package?"

"Yes, pretty much everything you said last week. He's still a little worried about your influence."

Emma goes quiet when we get to where the track opens out. She looks across and gives me a 'watch this' look.

She gives her horse a kick and calls, "come on, girl." Her horse responds to her command and takes off across the open plain.

I smile and say to Farrow, "are we going to let her get away with that?" I slap his bum and say, "come on, boy." With that, Farrow takes off after Emma. It's not much of a race, but fun with my eyes glued to Emma's rear. We follow the edge of a wooded area and through a stream. We've slowed to a walk again as we get close to where we think Paps is.

"It's so beautiful here, and I love the autumn colors."

"Mmmm, I always enjoy thanksgiving here."

We see the four by four parked up, and we tie the horses to the new fence running along the Ranch's southern boundary. It's the only boundary fence we have; it's the end of the Ranch that borders another Ranch where our cattle roam.

We can hear Paps talking to someone and start walking in that direction. Over a ridge, we come across Paps talking to one of our neighbor's ranch hands. He sees us coming first, and when Paps turns to see what he's looking at, he has to do a double take. "Mac? Emma?" Paps says a little, surprised. He quickly regains his composure. "Olivia got you up to work your magic on the old man, has she?" He says as he clicks to what we have come for and not being one to miss a trick.

"This is little Michael?" The man on the other side of the fence asks.

I recognize him now, "Oh, hi Shane. I didn't recognize you for a minute. Long-time no see." I say.

"Good to see you, Mac, and who is your beautiful companion?"

"Oh, sorry. This is my girlfriend, Emma. Emma, this is Shane Hornsworth; he's the number one to the Palmer ranch next door."

"Emma.....Have you been here before?" Shane asks.

Emma walks up and offers her hand over the fence. "While Shane, you have a good memory. Yes, I came here with Mac for two weeks eight years ago."

"I remember you upset my wife; she was hoping that Mac here would hook up with my oldest Mariana. He was the most eligible bachelor around here. Even back then, people saw something between you two. Just surprised it took you so long."

Emma looks at him open-mouthed. "For your information Shane, it wasn't so much how long it took, but being at the right time." Emma looks at me and smiles. "But your wife is right about one thing; he's definitely a good catch."

"So what's the plan," Paps asks.

"I thought I'd bring Farrow out for a run, back for a quarter to twelve. Grab Olivia and Violet. Then we'll make our way out to see old man Parker."

"Why are you taking Violet?.... Oh, I see, you think he'll like her southern drool. Are you planning on doing the old house up and letting Buck move in as part of a new contract deal?..... Shit Mac, you're craftier than I am. You best get going if you're going to get back in plenty of time."

As usual, Paps didn't let us get a word in sideways. I check my watch, wish the two gentlemen a good day before I help Emma back on her horse, and I mount Farrow. We make our way back to the ranch house and arrive just before twenty to twelve.

One of the hands takes Emma's horse from her, and I take the saddle off Farrow. I lead him into the large stable block and find his empty stool ready for him. Taking his harness off, I give him one last pat and make my way to the tack room to drop off the saddle.

We go and sit on the front porch waiting for Olivia and Violet to turn up. Violet pulls up to the front of the house as Olivia walks from the car park at the side. Violet gets out of the driver's seat and throws the keys to me, "ready to go?"

I nod, but Emma asks, "we're going dressed like this?"

"Old man parker will get his back up from the start if we all turn up looking like Olivia," I say. "No offense Olivia," I say, turning towards her as I get up from my perch. "Come on, Em, time waits for no man."

Emma gets up a little startled, "okay, where is my boyfriend, and who is this good-looking imposter in his place?" Emma smiles at me as I look back in reaction to her comment.

It's a fifteen to twenty-minute drive to the Parker ranch. Funny enough, it's quicker to walk than drive, but with the three ladies with me, I figure what the hell.

As we ease out of the Ranch, I hit the call button on the truck's hands-free system. "Call Ron Johnson."

"Calling Ronald Johnson." The tone comes over the loudspeaker.

"Hello?"

"Hi Ron," I say.

"Hello Mac, no problem, is there?"

"No problem, Dad," Emma says.

"Yeah, all is good here; it's just that I thought I would call to clarify your job offer on my part."

"Well yeah, that is my main worry."

"Okay, so that you know, you are on speaker in the truck. I have Emma, Olivia, and my ranch manager's wife Violet here."

"Ladies," Ron says, getting an immediate response.

"So, what does he want clarifying?" Olivia asks.

"He wants to know how much my name is influencing his deal?"

"Oh right, that's an easy one. None, they don't even know you know Mac unless you told them. I put your companies name forward and gave your name as a contact number to the lean managers at a number of the companies. I was a little disappointed only two saw the potential."

"Oh right, so I've been worrying about nothing?"

"Well, it's a big change for you, Ron, so I wouldn't say that. Everything offered is because of what you have to offer. If I have my way, we will bring you into central and give you access to the rest of Mac's dynasty."

For once, Ron doesn't know what to say. "Does that answer your worries for you, Ron?" I say to break the silence. We are getting closer to the Parker turn-off.

"Ummm, yes, to be honest, I am overwhelmed with your company's generosity," Ron says, sounding a little dazed.

"We wouldn't offer you something unless we know we will get it back tenfold, Ron," Olivia says. "We see you as an investment, and you proved your worth in one week."

"Okay, thank you, Olivia and Mac, for all you've done. This conversation has clarified everything. I will talk with Kim, and if we are on the same page, I will tender my resignation on Monday. Thank you again, and see you later, you two."

"Yeah, bye, Ron." With that, Ron was gone.

I pull up to the front of our neighbor's Ranch; it seems no one is in until old man Parker himself walks through the front door. I tell the ladies to say put as I exit the truck.

"Well, as I live and breath, if it ain't Michael Carter himself." The old man puffs on his pipe, which had gone out. He taps it on the rail and reaches in his pocket for his fruit knife. "How's it going, Mac?"

"Not too bad, Mr. Parker. I hear you just got out of St. Mary's. Are you feeling better?"

"Better than I was, but still not right." He answers as he scraps the inside of his pipe out. I walk up onto the large front porch, and he offers me a seat, "so tell me, Mac, not as though I don't know, I'll play the game. What's got you up at the Ranch at the end of October?"

"Not one to beat around the bush, are we?"

"Nah, times too short. It's good to see you, though, son. You've not been around much since the boys went off to University."

"It's not that sir, I've just not been here."

"Still finding it tough after Granny went?"

"I was, but that young lady in the truck there has opened my eyes and made some changes in me."

"She has, has she? Who else you got in there?"

"There's Emma, my girlfriend, and Olivia, my business assistant, and Violet, she's Bucks wife."

"Agghh," he says at the mention of Buck.

I laugh, "I think the reason you don't get on with Buck is that you are too much alike." I look at him to try and gauge his mood. "Mr. Parker, I'm not one to waste words. So what will it take for you to sign it over to us, or is it a straight no?" I signal to the ladies to exit the car to be introduced. Mr. Parker has now lit his pipe and puffs away. "Sir, this is my girlfriend Emma; the lady to the left is Olivia and to the right is Violet."

With that, Emma comes up and shakes his hand, "I think we met when you came over here with Mac here to see the boys," Mr. parker comments. "I must say you've turned into a fine-looking lady."

"Thank you, sir," Emma says with a smile. "I'm surprised how many people remember my first visit."

Olivia is the next one to step up, "I remember you as well, Olivia, you used to hang out with Mac's ma. Didn't you get married and have a couple of kids?"

"Yes, Mr. Parker, I was Mac's mother's best friend. Still married, and the kids are all grown now."

The old man's eyes then fell on Violet, who kept quiet at the back. "So you're Bucks wife, I must say he seems to have done well for himself. Can't say I like your husband though, my dear, but I respect him as a Rancher." This comment amazes me; I thought the division went a little deeper. This is more promising than I thought.

"Buck can be as stubborn as a mule, Mr. Parker, but he's a good husband and a great Pa. I consider myself to be the lucky one." I hear the old man gasp as Violet's southern accent rolls off her tongue.

"Tell me, Violet, what part of Alabama are you from?"

"Why I am Shelby county born and bred, sir." She says with a radiant smile.

"My Maisy was from next door in Jefferson. Small world, wouldn't you say Mac?" The old man is looking at me with a knowing smile. "So Mac, what Ideas you got for my old place?"

We take the old man inside and lay the plans out on the big oak table that's been in the dining room since forever. Olivia explains our plans for the house and stables. She runs through how the land will be divided up and shows him some impressive sketches she had made up of how the place would look once all the work is done.

Violet asks for permission to look around, and I put my arm around Emma and look at her with a hopeful glance.

Mr. Parker sits down on one of the tables chairs and takes a second look at the drawings. I can see a tear in the corner of his eye; we have hit a nerve, and I can see he is overwhelmed with what we have proposed.

Violet walks slowly back into the room with a look of wonder. "This house is so beautiful," she says. "Mr. Parker, please let us breath new life back into this home, and Sir, if you don't mind. Can we have this incredible table?"

He looks at me, "okay, Mac, what ya willin to pay?"

"If we can do a quick deal, I will pay you two three: no agents fees and no messing around. I had Olivia draw up a contract that proclaims our intent, subject to all the legal bull shit. I will give Marvin at the bank a call to put the funds in a holding account. When everything is finalized, it will be transferred into your account."

"So, this contract isn't ownership papers or anything final?" He asks, "I would like to sleep on it at least."

"No, Mr. Parker, it just means that if you pull out, we can recoup some or all of the money Mac here has outlaid in fees," Olivia cut in.

He looks down at the plans, then at Olivia, then Violet, followed by Emma, and finally me. He stands and holds his hand out, "you got yourself a deal." I shake his hand. He turns to Violet, "Mac was a little underhanded bringing you up here, but would it be possible to visit the place once in a while when it's fully renovated?"

"You, Mr. Parker, would be welcome anytime, and I'm not just saying that. If you want to come up and have lunch or even help with the riding school, you will always be welcome."

"Okay young lady, I might just hold you to that." He smiles and turns to Olivia, "okay, Olivia, where do I sign?"

We spend a while being shown around the place, and Mr. Parker takes absolute pleasure in telling everyone stories of the old days on the Ranch. We leave after a couple of hours with smiles on our faces and a deal nearly done. On the way home, I call Paps to let him know what happened and organize the money transfer.

When we get back to the Ranch, I call Marvin, the local bank manager, and he asks me to come straight into the bank to sign the paperwork. Emma escorts me into the local town, and we spend a while walking around. The local town is alive with visitors in the summer, but it's a little quiet this time of year.

Marvin is waiting in the bank's doorway; he greets me with a huge smile and a firm handshake. "Good to see you, son; it's been too long. I thought I might see you though when I heard you flew in to see old man Parker."

"You can't keep anything quiet around here, Marvin."

"Don't you just know it?" He beams, looking at Emma.

"I'm sorry, Marvin, this is my girlfriend, Emma Johnson." Marvin bows his head in greeting.

We go in, and I hand over Paps's letter of consent and transfer two point three million dollars into a holding account. I still need Paps to co-sign any significant transactions. We are in the bank for less than twenty minutes and make our way back to the truck.

Emma is a little quiet on the way back to the Ranch. I look across, but she seems to have a contented smile on her face. When we get back, dinner is almost ready. Emma and I go up to my room, and we shower and change out of our riding gear. She admits to being a little sore down there after the horse riding and exhausted from the busy weekend. We have a five-minute cuddle before we hear Violet calling us for dinner.

We eat dinner in the main dining room, and all workers from the Ranch have come inside for the traditional Sunday roast, which has been lovingly prepared by three of the wives. Olivia has come back with her husband for the feast. Violet says it's the fullest it's been for some time.

Everyone stands as Emma, and I enter the room. "Please sit," I say, feeling a little embarrassed, and everyone sits and starts to chat.

Paps walks in a minute later and takes a seat next to me. "So what persuaded the old man to sign then?" The room goes quiet at the news.

"He liked my plans for the place. I'll tell you later before you ask." I say as the fresh bread is placed on the table. The smell is mouth-watering. "Are you coming back with us tonight, Paps?"

"If you don't mind, Mac, I've been here longer than I anticipated anyhow."

The doors between the kitchen and dining room burst open again with platter after platter of food. Emma's eyes light up, and a cheer goes up as the plate with three different types of meat gets passed around.

Dinner is finished, and our lift arrives to take us to the plane. Violet pulls me to the side and asks what she should tell Buck. I tell her if she can keep it a secret until thanksgiving, we will tell Buck then. She's not happy about it but promises to keep things to herself.

I take the opportunity to thank Olivia and, to her surprise, hug her and say my goodbyes. I hear her comment to Emma about how much I have changed.

It's dark when Buck drives us to the waiting helicopter. I ask him not to press Violet for any information because old man Parker hasn't signed yet, and any rumors he could hear might jeopardize the deal.

We get home just before ten, and Paps SUV is parked out the front waiting for him. Kim drops us off after picking us up from Douglas Airport, and it's not long before I have collapsed into bed, falling fast asleep.

******

Monday morning, I am sitting at the back of Susan Harper's class early as usual. She comes in early herself and makes a beeline straight for me.

"So?"

"Yeah, old man Parker agreed to sell me his ranch."

"You know what I'm talking about."

Bamo68
Bamo68
732 Followers