Mike and Sarah Pt. 02: Love Building

Story Info
Building love from scratch.
40.5k words
4.89
3.3k
12

Part 2 of the 2 part series

Updated 02/23/2024
Created 02/23/2024
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The Sequel to A New Beginning - Mike and Sarah

***

As I woke up next to Sarah the following morning the first thing I realised I was more content than I had been in years. She was so beautiful lying there asleep content in my arms, completely oblivious to the storm in my head. I needed to run, so I tried to disentangle myself gently but the second I moved away she moaned in protest. I was not sure she was awake, but she seemed to sub-consciously protest my movement. I was able to hush her easily,

"Sshh baby girl I'm just going for a run, I'll be back before you know it." To this day I'll have no clue if she heard the words I said or if my voice calmed her but she settled quickly after that and I was able to leave the house. I needed to run, running was my time and I was confused. While I was with Sarah, I never thought about the speed at which we were moving and yet and I am not sure at that point I was able to admit it to myself, my every thought was on where we were going. I also wasn't sure Sarah or I were ready to discuss that given the speed at which we were moving. But I did know we weren't going to get much further unless we agreed on our direction.

4 miles and just under 40 minutes later I was walking back into my bedroom. Sarah was fully awake this time, I was breathing hard so I wasn't able to say much but I was fully aware of her eyes on me. By the time I had calmed down, she had gotten out of bed and worked her way into my arms. My troubled thoughts disappeared just from her touch. Looking into her eyes, the self-doubt from my run returned, I don't if she recognised it but her look changed. She just squeezed me a little harder and whispered, "You're sweaty and stinky. Get in the shower and I'll meet you in the kitchen.

Walking into the kitchen 20 minutes later I saw my dream girl wearing my t-shirt making breakfast concentrating over the stovetop. She was making omelettes with full concentration. Unable to help myself I cuddled her from behind, but she had no time for my approach and pushed me back with her hips, with an unrecognisable firmness to her voice, "Hey, you've fed me without me disturbing you, now sit down and let me cook you breakfast."

So I did. She was grace in motion and there were no wasted movements, just watching her I was convinced she was a better cook than I was, something I would never admit easily. And so less than 10 minutes later she was serving me the most perfect omelette I had ever had. As I wondered about her obvious skill in the kitchen and where to lead the conversation, she opened the conversation, "I didn't know you ran".

Slightly distracted and still unsure of my thoughts I decided to let her lead. "Running is my 1 non-negotiable, I run in the morning about 4 times a week and work out with weights in the evening about the same. I like it. As long as I get my run in the morning my evening workout is optional. In an ideal world, I work out 4 times a week. But instead of finding an hour a day, I split the work run in the morning and weights after work. That way I get 2 intense 30-40 minute workouts a day instead of forcing 90 minutes after work".

Sarah looks at me intently for a moment, before responding, "That's so clever. I swap 45 minutes of yoga and strength work every day and only take weekends off."

I chuckle and decide to compliment her, "Well whatever it is you do, it pays off. Want to tell me how you developed that system?" I ask innocently.

Her face darkens slightly before she responds "It works for me and I don't see you complaining with the results."

Realising this is a topic we need to address later I change the subject back to the breakfast she made, "I'll never complain about your body. But you must tell where you learned how to make omelettes like this. You call me a chef but you've mastered a piece of classical cooking I never will."

Blushing through the compliment, she simply responds "You'll have to earn that information."

Breakfast that morning is so pleasant I lose all track of time and once I finally bring my mind back on track, I only have 5 minutes to get ready before I need to leave for work. Sarah makes herself comfortable on my bed as I change and gives me such a predatory look I can imagine being back in Botswana watching a lion hunt.

By the time I'm ready to leave, she looks no closer to being ready. Internally I'm panicking, I've never left a woman in my house alone before. Sarah notices the panic on my face and reassures me, "Don't worry I'm going home soon, I'm on half day starting at 12. I'm just going to tidy the kitchen and I'll lock up on my way out".

Still unsure of how she read my thoughts so easily I head to work. At work, I'm more than useless, I can't stop thinking about how Sarah has worked her way into my life so easily and where we go from here. She told Mandy that we're working on it but apart from a couple of group nights at the pub and 2 weekends of fantastic sex we know nothing about each other from which to build a relationship. I now know what to do but I'm terrified of the result. Hesitantly I text her

Me: Hey, if we went to a restaurant what would be your pick?

Sarah: Chinese, Indian, Italian. Why?

Me: Well I hope you don't mind, but I want to take you on a proper date this weekend.

I don't get a response for a long while, and it's taking everything I have not to just call her and apologise. Just before I give in she responds.

Sarah: That's sweet but you don't have to do that, I love movie nights with you. You don't have to take me out to prove a point.

Without much room for recourse, I lay my cards on the table.

Me: I love our movie nights too, but I need to see if we have a future, and that will take a little more than a movie at mine. If we're going to have something we need to spend time together alone, and I don't trust either of us to do that at mine given the how last 2 weeks have gone as awesome as that time has been.

Her response humbles me: LOL. I have no worries about where we are going but if it makes you feel better fine. Saturday night at 7.30 you pick the restaurant. You also have to make up for me losing my movie night and cuddle buddy.

Realising I don't want to miss a night with her I readjust my weekend instantly.

Me: How about we do the movie on Friday? We'll spend Saturday apart until dinner time and then see how Sunday goes. I was thinking about walking up Port Meadow to the Perch. You could join me and we can discuss how our first date went.

Sarah: Deal 😊

With that settled, I make reservations at the fancier of the 2 Chinese restaurants in our neighbourhood. Without telling her what I've planned I text back.

Me: Are you still coming for weekly drinks on Wednesday?

Sarah: Count on it.

Reassured that changing our plans hasn't derailed what we've been building I finally find myself able to engage in the requirements of the week. Much like the previous weeks Sarah and I don't engage a lot aside from the occasional message and making sure to say goodnight.

By the time Wednesday night drinks rolls around, I realise our dynamic has changed massively. The first change is that when I join the group Sarah makes a point of kissing me before I sit. The second is that there has clearly been a girl's coffee date that I was completely unaware of. Beth opens by asking Sarah about her weekend plans, and her answer is simple "Oh this guy I've been talking to wants to take me on a date to see if we can progress our relationship," she replies causing the whole table to burst into laughter and my cheeks to ignite into flames.

Penny follows up, "Oh Sarah, that's so lovely for you. Do we know him?"

"Penny I think you do. He's about 6 foot 1 and plays cricket for this pub. Some people think he can be an arrogant prick but he's a sweetie at heart," Sarah responds to more laughs around the table.

Mandy digs the final knife in "I know him. Sarah babe, I'd be careful, no one knows what he's really like behind closed doors."

At this, the whole table is looking at me laughing openly. Instead of responding I just pick up my drink and walk back inside, ignoring all of them. Just as I go inside I hear one of the girls whisper "Shit". I briefly look back at the table to see Sarah trying to get up but Beth has her wrist and won't let her go. I have no intention of leaving the pub, I just don't want to sit with them anymore. Thankfully the group knows to leave me alone when I'm in this mood. I'm worried Sarah doesn't and will push it further.

About 20 minutes pass before I see Tom and Harry come to the bar. Without even discussing what happened outside they both just offer me a fist bump before heading off. Beth and Penny are next except they seem a little more cautious, and reach for hugs while apologising quietly.

Adam comes next a bit more vocal, but also barely speaking, "Sorry man, she didn't know and the girls are so happy for the 2 of you they didn't think. I'm sorry for getting caught up and going along with it." With a nod he moves on, I know Mandy is next because Adam won't leave her behind, the question is just whether she comes with Sarah or alone. She comes alone, she doesn't even try to talk to me she just hugs me before taking my face in her hands to make me look her in the eyes and make me see that she's sorry. She gives me one more hug before going on her way. Knowing Sarah is alone, I fight every instinct to go to her and wait. I wave one of the Bartenders, Alice, over for another drink steadfastly refusing to pay attention to the door.

I had just about finished that drink when I feel a pair of arms wrap themselves around me. Instinctively I wrap my spare arm around her, without turning to face her. I wave Alice back over and ask for 2 more drinks. Subconsciously I know she meant no harm, but she knows I'm a fairly private person and more importantly, so do the others so I'm annoyed they've thought it would be fun to bring our private life into the pub before we've had a chance to discuss it. I also know I dislike the feeling of being upset with her and I was trying to reconcile the 2 while we quietly sip our drinks.

Realising I'm not going to say anything, Sarah hugs me again before whispering, "Mike, I'm sorry. I'm just so happy about our date. I knew it was going to come out tonight I thought we could have a little fun with it. We didn't think you'd react like that."

I look down at her and nod before she squeezes me again, "It was only when you came in here that the girls realised what we had done. All I wanted to do was follow you but Beth wouldn't let me. It took them 5 minutes to calm me down. Adam explained to me how you like to keep things private until you're ready to share them. He didn't think you'd mind if I had just quietly mentioned we had a date night planned, but the open teasing and making a game of it is what pissed you off. He had a go at Mandy and the others for going along with it when they knew better. He also pointed out that they had told me that about you so he's unsure why I thought it was a good idea. He's right I did know."

By this point, the sincerity of her apology has calmed me down slightly and the tension is ebbing away, but I remain silent. Now with a pleading note to her voice, Sarah continues "Please Mike, talk to me. Tell me off anything."

I take one more sip of my drink before turning to face her fully, looking down I whisper, "It's okay, I know you didn't mean any harm, I just don't like my private life being the main topic of conversation in a group setting."

Meeting my gaze she studies me for a moment, "I understand, I'm sorry. Mike, why are you so guarded about yourself even around friends?"

I consider her question for a moment before letting her off the hook, "I think that's the sort of question I'll answer during our 'getting-to-know-you' date on Saturday," I answer with a small laugh.

I can feel her relief at my answer as she slips her hand into mine and gently leads me away from the bar back into the garden. We remain silent for a couple of minutes while we settle ourselves at the table before the conversation resumes. Nothing of particular importance just idle chit-chat, the tension from earlier hasn't quite disappeared but the conversation grows increasingly comfortable as we catch up on our goings-on at work and little meaningless topics to pass the evening. After about an hour we can both sense the evening is coming to an end before she asks, "So where are we going for our date?"

"Why do you want to know?" I respond nonchalantly "I was going to tell you on Saturday morning".

She looks at me with mock horror, "Mike, I need to know now. I need to know how to dress up for our date. Where we are going determines how much I will dress up, something that can take between 30 minutes or a few hours depending on where we're going. Please tell me."

Amused at her response, I give in, "We have a reservation at the Dragon, and if that goes well I thought we might have a cocktail around the corner."

Looking delighted with my plans she responds, "The Dragon, eh. I think someone is trying to make sure the date goes well."

"I certainly hope it will," I respond, "Anyway does that give you any idea how long you'll need to get ready?"

"Yep, it's definitely going to take hours, I should text Mandy and the girls to be on standby to help me out." She responds fishing out her phone.

With this, I see our glasses are empty, "One more drink or should we call it a night?"

"One more please," she responds before going back to her phone as I get up and head to the bar.

Coming back a few minutes later I find her rolling a cigarette, after lighting it and taking a sip of her drink she looks at me carefully before resuming the conversation. "Mike, I know you feel like we need a date to get to know each other better and you're probably right, but I need you to know that no matter what we talk about on Saturday night, it won't change how I feel when I am with you. Yes, I want to know more about you but don't feel like you have to rush telling me things if you aren't ready."

Her statement fills me with a warmth I haven't felt in a long time. I consider her words before responding, "That is exactly why I want to take you on a date and give you a chance to get to know me better. I like how I feel when I am with you and that makes me want to open up a little bit more. I want, no need you to know the real me and not just the idea of me."

Nodding her head she slips her hand back into mine before returning to her drink. All too soon our drinks are finished and we have no good reason to stay for another one, so we head out. Saying our goodbyes she gives me a deep kiss before turning and heading home.

The next 2 days pass in a blur with apology messages from the girls for the other night and lots of cute messages from Sarah as I can feel my nerves building up to the weekend, it's been a long time since I've allowed myself to get to this level of vulnerability with a someone and it scares the shit out of me. Strangely that fear deepens my resolve to follow through.

On Friday Sarah texts me at about lunchtime,

"Hey, what time are you going to be home after work?"

Me: About 5, going to workout first so I'll be ready for you to come around any time after 6

Sarah: 😊 see you later.

With our evening plans sorted out, I return to work desperate to clear my desk before the weekend. I just about manage to finish by half 4 before heading out of the almost empty office. Arriving home just on the dot of 5 I find Sarah waiting for me on my doorstep with a much larger bag than she's brought before. Seeing my approach she stands up and wraps me in a hug before giving me a deep kiss.

"I hope you don't mind but I didn't want to waste an hour at home counting down the minutes till I could come over. I promise I won't get in your way while you do your workout," She tells me in a rushed voice.

"Of course, I don't mind," I replied kissing her again. "What's with the supersize bag?"

"This might be presumptuous of me, but apart from playing dress up with the girls tomorrow I intend to be staying here until Monday so I needed to pack appropriately."

"That is rather presumptuous of you Miss, but I guess I can suffer sharing my living space with you until then".

With that, I let us into my flat, she quickly drops her bag in the bedroom before heading out into the living room. I quickly change into my workout gear before going into the living room to find her playing on her phone on the sofa, as I move my coffee table and take out the 2 sets of dumbbells I'm going to need for the workout I have planned in my head. I put my headphones in and queue up a playlist, trying not to feel self-conscious by the fact she is there, watching me. By the time I've completed the first set of my 10-exercise circuit, I'm in the zone completely oblivious to her presence. 2 sets later I am done, breathing hard I pull out my headphones before I remember she's there. I can hear her breathing heavily as well. Turning around I can see that she is fingering herself with her hand beneath her leggings and one hand up her top clearly playing with her nipples and her eyes are closed. I watch her for a moment before she realises I'm watching her.

"Mike," She moans without stopping "Watching you was so hot, I couldn't help myself, the complete focus on your movements was so sexy." Suddenly she stops and pulls her hands out, reckon you have enough energy to help me get my own workout in, so I can join you in the shower?"

She gets up and heads towards the bedroom, pulling her top off as she moves. I quickly follow her and I catch up to her just as she reaches the bed, grabbing her around the waist I pull her back into me engaging her in a deep kiss. Breaking the kiss she starts pulling at my clothes desperately trying to get me naked as I try and push her leggings and knickers down in one go. Eventually, she pushes me away to get rid of the offending articles of clothing while I remove my gym shorts and boxers. She gives me another kiss before pulling me onto the bed on top of her. Just as I move to guide myself into her she stops me, "No, let me get on top, you've had your workout now let me get mine."

With that, I roll over pulling her on top of me and she impales herself in one fluid movement. Holding me there momentarily she gives me a deep kiss before leaning back and impatiently starts riding me. Immediately I realise I'm in trouble and I'm not going to last long, after a couple of minutes I decide to warn her, "Babe, I'm not going to last." Instead of slowing down she doubles her effort and leans forward to kiss me while maintaining her frantic pace. I can't hold back and start thrusting to match her, and it isn't long before I can feel the familiar sensation of the dam about to burst and grab her hips to keep her still as I thrust my hips upward to get as deep as possible as I cum. She lets out a silent scream as my orgasm triggers her own before she collapses into my body and her face nuzzled deep into my neck, we stay like that for what seems like an eternity before I soften and slowly withdraw from her. We lie like that for a little longer before I can feel us cooling down, "Hey how about that shower?"

Without a word, she climbs off of me and stands up holding her hand out to me. I take it and let her lead me into the bathroom. In the shower, we take our time to make sure we're both clean, as I go to wash her pussy she pushes my hand away complaining it's still too sensitive and to let her. I busy myself with washing my own nether regions willing myself not to get hard again as I watch her carefully clean herself up. Eventually, we finish and I get out first wrapping a towel around my waist before grabbing a second towel for her taking my time to carefully dry her down, once she's completely dry she takes the towel from me and wraps her hair in it before heading back into the bedroom completely naked. As she leaves me in the bathroom I quickly dry myself off before hanging the towel I was using. I find her on the bed still completely naked brushing her damp hair, I watch her until she finishes and she looks up at me giving me a bright smile, smiling back at her I go to my drawers and pull out a t-shirt and a pair of tracksuit bottoms. Without a word, she pulls up next to me and steals her own t-shirt before slipping on a clean pair of knickers. Wearing nothing else she floats out of the room humming contentedly.