Mike's Navy: Mike Meets Marlene

Story Info
Young Mike Claymore series #2.
141.6k words
4.61
5.5k
4
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Mike's Navy: a novel in five parts

Part 2: Mike Meets Marlene

copyright 2014

Welcome to the world of Michael Claymore. For those who are fans of Mike's from his mystery novels what we have here is a series about his life prior to the mysteries. We will discover what makes him tick, so to speak.

I envision this prequel series in the following way:

book one: Night Train to Halifax

book two: Mike Meets Marlene

book three: A Wedding, Christmas & New Year

book four: Femme Fatale

book five: Changes

book six (Mike's experiences with the prisons and

book seven police in Ontario as well as more trucking)

book eight (Mike and family move to British Columbia)

For those unfamiliar with Mike Claymore please proceed... BUT a word of caution. Mike's novels are very explicit meaning they push the limits of eroticism. If you are the least squeamish about nudism or sexual intercourse you would be advised to seek reading elsewhere. And now I turn you over to Mike... enjoy!

Chapter 1

Halifax (Friday, 20 July, 1984)

It's late summer 1984 in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada. Halifax is the capital of the province of Nova Scotia and is located on the east coast. Halifax is also headquarters for the Atlantic Fleet of the Royal Canadian Navy. It's a scattered and historic group of buildings remnant of British Commands of the past plus newer facilities around the harbor.

Chief amongst these is HMCS Stadacona comprised in part by Atlantic Block, a housing unit for single service personnel. This is where we find our hero climbing into his shockingly pink 1964 Dodge W200 crew cab power wagon that he affectionately calls Tryst, a name assigned it by a former girl friend, now a legal student in far off Kingston, Ontario.

It may well be that she has something to do with his hung over state this AM. He does sorely miss his blonde topped, red bottomed sweetheart and frequently drowns his sorrows at a disreputable establishment called Big Walt's in Dartmouth, a suburb of Halifax.

Now Mike is a handsome half Indian half Scottish lad of nineteen who around a year ago joined the navy from his home near Montreal, Canada. He's tall, in fact you could call him gangly at over six feet give or take an inch, but presentable in his navy blues or even blue jeans.

He's completed his basic training at CFB Cornwallis (formerly HMCS Cornwallis) and has accepted assignment as a naval truck driver Class 4. He's now stationed at Stad (HMCS Stadacona), a naval base in Halifax.

He has just returned from hauling fuel to Fleet Maintenance at Cape Scott in the Halifax docks complex yesterday and expects to do the same today. He drives to the offices and reports in thankful it's Friday. He needs a rest. The dispatcher, a Master Seaman (equivalent of Sergeant in the army) says, "Claymore, it says here you're off today. Looks like they have something heavy planned for you next week. Seldom do they leave a blank schedule. Best check with Maxine upstairs. She might have a clue."

Mike hikes up the stairs and pokes his head in the operations door. "Maxi, good morning." He steps inside, "You look a lot better than I feel this morning. I think I'm going to have to quit these weeknight parties. It's just too much for me."

She smiles, "How do you think I feel, I'm eighteen years older than you, Mike?" She snickers, "But I keep up to you, don't I?" She winks. "And I mean not only on the dance floor, honey." The both chuckle at that.

Maxine Holloway is secretary to the Chief of Operations. She's also a 38 year old buxom brunette and loves to dance. She often accompanies Mike to Big Walt's because he's a gentleman and he knows how to get her off with multiple orgasms. They always have fun together.

"So do you have any idea why they pulled me off fuel deliveries? Dispatch says I'm off today."

She beckons him closer and whispers, "I'm not sure but I think it has something to do with the new weapons for the fleet and ammo for them. There's been some tension in the USA vs USSR scenario. It's this damn cold war heating up again. I think they want your truck to haul ammo. I heard the boss on the phone saying what a good job you did bringing in a load from Millhaven sometime ago."

She goes on "Of course it's your truck as much as anything. It's one of the best on this coast. They have other Hayes on the west coast from the logging industry but yours is the only one here. I bet they want you to go next week."

Mike shrugs, "So I'm off till Monday, then?"

"Hold on, I wouldn't take off yet. Let's get the story from the top."

"Okay, have you got any coffee, babe?" She points behind her desk and Mike slips through her pass door. He fixes himself a cup and asks if she wants one. She shakes her head but beckons for him to hurry. He kisses the back of her neck on his way back out front.

He balances his cup on her counter, "Did you have any trouble when you got home?"

"No, he was sleeping. Dead drunk as usual. I doubt he even knew I was out of the house. We could have both come in and fucked in the bedroom. It would've been more comfortable."

"Un uh, no way. Just the time you think it's set, that's when you get caught. I'm not going to get shot by a jealous husband, babe."

She looks up at him innocently, "Wouldn't you take a bullet for little old me, honey?"

"No fucking way. I'm no hero so don't count on it."

She studies him coyly, "What about tonight, can you take some more?"

"Let's wait and see what's going on here with my schedule." The inner door opens and an officer steps out speaking to another one behind him. He indicates he's going to Ottawa this weekend but should be back in a week. They shake hands and the exiting officer leaves. Mike throws a sharp salute as he passes him by then slurps from his coffee he's palmed out of sight.

Maxine says, "Sir, were you wanting to speak to LS (Leading Seaman) Mike Claymore concerning his schedule?"

He knits his brow, "Claymore... Oh yes, you drive that big Hayes of ours, yes, step in my office a moment." He nods to Maxine, "Thank you, Maxine. Was there anything else?"

"No sir." She goes back to typing and the officer enters the office behind Mike.

"Take a seat, lad." He continues around the desk and seats himself. He steeples his fingers over his desk blotter, "How do you like driving for us, Mike? It is Mike, isn't it?"

"Yes sir, it's Mike Claymore, sir."

"I mean you're driving one of the largest highway haulers we have on this coast. It might be old but it does have power. I guess you know that." He goes on, "And it's dependable. That's a big factor, you know." He takes a breath, "Well, speak up."

Mike sputters, "Sir, I, I really like driving the Hayes. It's powerful and trouble free."

"Good, that's good. These new guns we're outfitting the fleet with need ammo and a lot of the old ammo needs to be disposed of. We also have a lot of personnel moving around from Atlantic to Pacific Commands and vise versa. We think we can combine the tasks to provide a load in all directions. We have you here in Halifax and another team composed of a Freightliner and a Hayes coming from the west coast." he smiles.

"I think we can keep all three of you busy every day of the week. When on either coast you'll take rest days. How does that sound? I have a sample schedule here." He pulls a file from a drawer and lays it out on his desk.

"I'm at your disposal, sir." He looks at the schedule and notices it doesn't have dates on it. "Does this rotate us from coast to coast, sir?"

"Yes, it will put one of you at our supplier and one on each coast or heading there. We'll see how it goes as you work the turnabouts." He stares out the window like he's seeing a far horizon.

"There's a load coming in now from Ontario and you will head out to Ontario on Sunday. You're taking a load of furniture that's being loaded today to CFB Kingston where you'll drop it and proceed to the Valcartier Plant at Millhaven. There you'll pick up a load for CFB Esquimalt."

He goes on, "When you reach the west coast you'll get three days rest and then back with a load of unknown goods to Ontario, and thence home with a load of ammo. Any questions?"

"Will they have my truck all fueled up Sunday when I come in, sir?"

"Arrangements are being made to check it out and have it ready."

"And where will I find it Sunday morning, sir?"

"Dispatch will have that info for you then." He waits, "If you have no other questions, please take that schedule with you and good luck."

"Thank you, sir."

Mike salutes, steps out the office door and blows a kiss to Maxine as he leaves. She waves to stop him but he doesn't notice. She sighs.

He calls to the dispatcher as he goes out that he'll see him Sunday morning. "Not me, you won't!" is his hurried reply.

Mike settles in the seat of his pink lady and debates what to do on a Friday in Halifax. He thinks fondly of Elana in Digby but suddenly decides to go see Charlene in Middleton. He doesn't have to contend with a drunk husband like here.

Heading across the bridge into Dartmouth he thinks of maybe stopping at Big Walt's but then decides against that. He'd never get there today if he does that. He pushes on heading for the Annapolis Valley. He turns on his new radio that he's installed in the dash and notes the fine reception. He credits that long antenna he installed behind the cab.

He hopes it's twin he installed in the Hayes works as well. It cost him half a month's wages but he thinks it's well worth it. He likes the best when he travels.

He finds he can tune in all of Nova Scotia and a lot of New Brunswick including St. John, Moncton and sometimes Fredericton. He's even tuned in Bangor, Maine on occasion. Of course at night he tunes in all the eastern seaboard including Havana, Cuba.

For right now he tunes CFBC AM930 St John Country where Randy Crawford is singing 'Rainy Night in Georgia'. He taps the wheel in time to the music. North of Dartmouth he climbs the long grade up Bedford and passes the Bedford Magazine, the ammo dump of the fleet

When he leaves Sackville behind he's in wooded country and it's relatively straight up into Windsor. He's only twenty five miles from Halifax and already it's a transformation. He's left sea level and entered a wooded upland dryer area as he approaches the Annapolis Valley at Kentville. On his radio Willie Nelson is belting out 'Always on My Mind'.

Mike's already over half way to Middleton and has Charlene Campbell on his mind. She's a town waitress whose father and mother work at the air force base, CFB Greenwood. Her father's in the service as an aero engine tech and her mother's a civilian secretary to the airport manager.

Charlene's 19 and a stocky flaming redhead who Mike often has coffee or lunch with as he passes through Middleton. His greatest weakness is a failure for redheads and he has dreamed of getting Charlene in the sack since he first saw her. Today he's of the same mind.

If he remembers right she's working mornings this week and should be off after the lunch crowd. She doesn't go back in to work until Monday so he thinks his timing is optimal. With any luck he might just get into her pants this very night. He has a broad smile on his face as he passes Aylesford and Kingston. Next town is Middleton and Mike circles the block looking for his scarlet target in the restaurant window.

He parks in the lot and goes in to see an early noon group eating and a harried redhead waiting on them. He grabs a seat at the counter and waits for her to catch a break. Charlene has another waitress working with her who has come in early to help at noon and take over at one or shortly thereafter. Charlene stays on to pick up her tips but she's done after that.

She approaches Mike with a smile and a cup of coffee, "Hello there, sailor boy." she kids him. "I guess you want coffee. What else would you like, handsome?"

Mike looks her in the eye with a smirk, "Aren't you afraid I might tell you?" He adds, "Please leave a menu." She smiles tolerantly and does so. When she comes back he asks for a cheeseburger with fries. She takes a moment to chat.

"Where are you headed today? Are you going to take me with you?" She loves to tease him this way.

He surprises her, "Yes, if you want to go. I'm at your service today."

She looks puzzled, "Did you drive all the way up here from Halifax to tell me that?" She's unsure and turns shy. Mike nods and she catches her breath. "I'll have to think about that." She rushes away to wait on another customer.

Mike relaxes and consumes his burger. He thinks at least she hasn't said no yet. He smiles and thinks if he takes his time it still could be a memorable night. He settles back to enjoy his coffee and wait her out.

She brings his bill and asks, "What've you got in mind, Mike? It'll have to be something out of town. My dad'll skin me alive if he catches me with a serviceman. He doesn't trust any of you."

"I was thinking of checking out the sailing ships in Lunenburg harbor. I was already over to Liverpool once but haven't seen Lunenburg yet. Could we buy a picnic lunch here?"

"Will we be late? I can only stay out till midnight. After that I'm in real trouble." She looks very serious.

"Well, it's only an hour over there and an hour back. Should be no problem," he spreads his hands, "Should make it easy, hands down."

She nods and her eyes sparkle as she beams him a big smile. "I'll be done as soon as I can."

Shortly she comes and asks him, "Do you like chicken salad sandwiches?" He nods enthusiastically. "Okay, I got some of those and some cake. Would you rather coffee or milk or maybe a pop?"

"I like them all. Whatever you prefer." He shrugs.

"Okay, I'll grab some cokes." She whirls away to put it all together then dashes back, "The cook's putting it together for us. Isn't that neat?" She doesn't wait for a reply but hustles along to get her work done. Mike is getting a bit excited too, just watching her.

The restaurant is clearing out and it's near one PM. Charlene brings out a cardboard box with the food carefully packed in it. She sits it by Mike's elbow and hurries away to clean a table and pocket her tip. Mike wants to know what he owes for the picnic and she says, "It's my treat."

They exit the restaurant and Mike packs the lunch behind his seat so she can reach it over the seat but it won't crowd her to sit over beside him. He lets her in his door and she slides over staying in the middle Mike piles in behind her grinning foolishly. He's one happy puppy.

With a flourish he starts Tryst and they roll out the drive onto the street. He notices Charlene suddenly duck down in the seat. "That's my cousin! I can't let her see me." From the seat level she queries, "It was your girlfriend's idea to paint this thing pink? Was she crazy? Everyone in town will be looking at us. Hurry up and get out of town." she's giggling.

At the next corner Mike swings onto Number ten highway and heads due south. This steers them well away from the Greenwood air force base and across the province. Charlene sits up and slides closer to him, "Does it bother you if I'm this close?"

"The closer the better, my dear," he portrays a definite leer for her and she laughs as she raises her hands in front of her face.

"Oh no, the big bad wolf!" They continue such flippancy as they proceed over the peninsula. Charlene is now comfortable enough to nudge him occasionally with her shoulder or elbow.

Mike suddenly asks, "How about a coke. Can you reach them?"

She turns and moves onto her knees to reach the box behind them then squawks, "Oh no, they didn't put the cokes in. I'm sure I paid for them. Damn!" She covers her mouth, "Oops, sorry! I have to watch my language. If I said that at home, Dad would skin me."

"I won't tell, I promise." He glances her way and winks. "I guess we'll have to stop somewhere and get some. It's not a problem." They pass a roadside sign, "New Germany is about ten miles. We'll stop there. What's New Germany?"

"Oh, I hear they have a real neat roadhouse there. Live music and dancing evenings, that's what I heard."

"I guess they'd sell cokes then."

She muses, "I guess they do. New Germany's just a village but it's part of an active lively community. I've heard they compete with Lunenburg and her tall ships for tourists."

"It's the tall ships that I'm going to see. The Bluenose and they're supposed to have a pirate ship in the harbor. That sounds like it's well worth seeing."

They drive on in the afternoon sun over rolling and rocky country with some agriculture in patches. She asks quietly, "What happened to her, Mike? I mean your girlfriend."

"Her name's Jackie. She wants to be a lawyer and the service trains us if we have the potential to become what we want. I guess the service thought she had it because she's in military college now in Kingston, Ontario."

"What did she look like? Was she a blonde?"

Mike grins, "Yeah, very blond! She's a bleach blonde. She's really a redhead..." he hesitates and adds, "I should know."

Charlene looks puzzled, "How would you... oh, oh, you mean... I know what you mean!" She cuffs his shoulder, "Oh Mike, you're awful. You guys are all the same. You have a one track mind."

"You mean you never think things like that? Come on, tell me the truth, don't you fantasize about guys? Not even a little bit?"

He glances her way and she's studying her hands in her lap. She peeks his way, "You won't make fun of me?" He shakes his head. "I've fantasized about you." She hastily adds, "It was only one time, the last time you were in and we joked quite a bit. Now you can laugh at me."

Mike regards her soberly, "I would never laugh at you, sweets. I think about you a lot and even fantasize about you."

"You do? I hope it's in a good way. I've wanted to go out with you but didn't think I'd ever get a chance."

"Hey , that must be the roadhouse!" Mike swerves off the road and up the drive of a log and frame building with a sign declaring it, 'The Liederkranz Club' and under in English 'The Singing Circle'. "Let's go take a look." He holds the door for her.

There's a large dirt parking area at the side of the building with a couple cars only. Mike looks back at the truck and wonders if he should move it but decides they won't be that long. They step in out of the sun and the large room is cool. It feels inviting as they go farther in to the counter.

Mike notices it's a licensed dining area and asks Charlene, "Would you like a bottle of wine for our picnic? Maybe a sweet spring wine to go with chicken salad?" He asks the proprietor if they have any Liebfraumilch.

"We do, we have Blue Nun." He pulls out a bottle and it's ice cold. Mike smiles and nods.

"That will do nicely. Do you have pop? We'd like some cokes." He pays the tab as Charlene is studying a poster on the wall.

She declares, "Look at this, Mike. Sarah McLachlan is singing tonight. She's here from Halifax. We must stop on our way back." She looks at him pleadingly. Mike nods.

They hit the road again and it isn't long before they're in Bridgewater. It's only five miles from there to Lunenburg and he can see shifting poles in the distance two miles out of town. It's the masts of the sailing ships laying to in the harbor that dot the sky as he soon discovers. He counts six tall ships as they drive along the harbor street looking for a parking place. There isn't any so he tries the next street and it's the same.

He heads up the hill over looking the harbor on Cove Road and when they have a good view he pulls over. He looks at the ships in the harbor and compares them in his mind. 1, 2 and 3 masted schooners are swaying at anchor on each jetty along the harbor. He mutters, "Such a beautiful lookout spot. It's too bad they don't have picnic tables up here."