Mike's Navy: Mike Meets Marlene

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Oh no, what time?"

Cathy thinks about that and says, "Just after supper so I would say no later than seven."

"Okay, on your way home you ran into me coming from the pool where I went to cool off and we went to your place for a sleep over. All I need is a bathing suit."

"Uh, why wouldn't we call her and let her know?"

She shrugs, "We were having fun and I forgot."

Cathy shakes her head, "Okay, so now where were you?"

"Mike and I went over to Lunenburg to see the tall ships but on the way back we stopped in New Germany at the club and danced the night away."

"You were drinking, weren't you?"

"Uh little bit," she holds up a finger and thumb about an inch apart.

"So where did you go after the dance?" Charlene rolls her eyes and grins. Cathy gasps, "A motel? Did you really?"

Mike swings his shoulder towards the door, "The pink Dodge motel." Cathy stands with her mouth open.

"Can you call mom and tell her your boyfriend is bringing me home?"

"With a pink Dodge truck? No boyfriend of mine would drive anything like that."

"Oh dear, can you take me home then, please?"

Cathy laughs, "It's fun seeing you beg but I guess I could do that for you. But... you owe me big time for this!

Charlene follows Mike to the truck, "I'm sure things will be okay now. Thank you for a wonderful time, Mike. And for that terrific fantasy workout, that was far out! I hope I'll see you again soon."

"It's not likely, hon. They have me scheduled to take a run to the west coast so I won't be back for at least two weeks. I leave tomorrow."

"I'll watch for you, Mike." He kisses her and starts the truck. She waves as he leaves and he waves back. He heads through town and notices it's 0900 as he heads for Halifax. He turns up the radio to hear Charlie Pride's Mountain of Love. He sings along as he moves down the ribbon of asphalt.

He stops in Wolfville for brunch at Wolfville Coffee House just passed the Acadia University on Main. He jokes with the waitress but she's irritated and blows him off. He wonders what tragedy has befallen her to turn her off on men. He suspects she's a student at the university.

He heads on down the highway for home and pulls into Dartmouth around 1500 hours. It's ten minutes to the barracks so he pulls into the Fleet Maintenance yard to check his truck. He doesn't see it in the yard so he inquires at the office.

"Any idea where my truck's hiding, Jim?"

"I think they're picking up your load or it might be in the shop. They were going to check it out." He picks up a phone, "Let me check with the shops." He talks to someone on the phone, "Yeah, it's Jim. Have you guys got that Hayes over there?" He listens, "Oh, alright. Thanks Mel." He hangs up and talks to Mike.

"He says they had it in and got it checked out. Now a driver has taken it over to pick up your load. He should be in before long." Mike thanks him and goes to get a coffee. He brings it back to gab with Jim and they chat in the small office watching the yard. Jim explains how no one likes to drive the twin stick monster and Mike laughs.

A new flashy Mark VI Lincoln Continental convertible pulls into the yard driven by a chestnut brown haired beauty with sun glasses. Both men perk up and Jim whistles as Mike says, "What do we have here?" They both head for the door.

Jim spills out first and asks, "Can I help you?"

She flashes a smile and says, "Who's moving me? I'm Captain Dowsher's wife Melanie Kate. We've been transferred to CFB Kingston."

Jim spins on his heels and bows to Mike. "This is your man, ma'am. This is Leading Seaman Mike Claymore."

She opens her door and rests both feet on the ground sitting sideways in the seat. She proffers her hand to Mike. He's not sure if she wants it shaken or kissed since she acts so uppity. He takes her hand and shakes it briefly.

She's adorned in a black dress with a full skirt and a wide brimmed black lace hat firmly pinned to her head. She removes her sunglasses revealing sharp blue/gray eyes reminding Mike of an eagle.

"What time are we leaving for Ontario tomorrow?" she goes on, "Here's my furniture now." and Mike hears his truck pulling into the yard. He looks to the street and watches it turn in.

"I plan to leave early. Around 0600 if possible."

"My husband said you would look after me and get me there. He's up there already. I guess I follow you or maybe the other way around."

"You know it's a two day drive, do you? It's nearly 1200 miles."

She looks puzzled, "How many kilometers is that?" The driver has turned the truck so it's headed out and releases the air breaks with a hiss. Mike shrugs and says he has no idea how many kilometers it is. He asks Jim.

"Twelve hundred miles is about 2000 km or a little less. It's close."

"I plan to make it into Edmundston, New Brunswick by tomorrow night and on into Kingston Monday. If you wait for me there I won't go any farther, I'll pull in to The Pirate truck stop. I'll treat you to lobster tails there." He smiles.

"I'll hold you to that, Mr. Mike. I'll see you in the morning." She closes the door and pulls out of the lot waving.

Jim cautions, "Be careful Mike, she's trouble if there ever was any. Remember, she's married to an officer." Mike just laughs and goes to check his truck.

Satisfied it's in good shape for the run and full of fuel he bleeds the air tanks and jumps into his power wagon. He parks at Atlantic Block and goes to his room to relax. Leisurely he packs his bags to be on the road a couple weeks then throws in some extras. A couple novels, a thermos and he tosses a pillow with some blankets in a box.

He checks items off a list he has compiled for his next long trip. He sees cup holder and mumbles, "Got to get one of those." He decides to go look for one at Zellers. He bounces down the steps two at a time and starts the truck. He's tempted to go over to Big Walt's but doesn't because he has to get up early. He stops by the mess to arrange breakfast at 0500 and then goes on to Zellers in the mall.

It's fairly busy but he finds what he wants, a stout cup holder that will attach to the dash to the right of his steering wheel near the new radio. He looks to see what they have in 8 tracks since his radio is an 8 track player, too. He finds some good westerns and a couple popular hit parade albums.

He has Annie Lenox and the Eurythmics with 'Sweet Dreams (are made of this)', and David Bowie with 'Let's Dance' as well as 'Red Headed Stranger' from Willie Nelson and Neil Diamond's 'Hot August Night'.

He pops the last one in his player in Tryst and listens to Neil Diamond on his way back to the Fleet Maintenance yard. He plops the new tapes in a tape box under the seat and fits the new cup holder in place on the dash. He has taken to calling his truck Big Blue or BB for short.

He goes for supper to the mess then hangs out at the bar for a few drinks then it's off to bed early. He sets his alarm and goes to bed.

Sunday, July 22, 1984

His alarm wakes him at 0445 and he bounces out of bed, jumps into uniform and dashes down to the mess for breakfast. At 0535 he returns to his room and picks up his luggage plus the box. He dumps that into Tryst and heads for the yard at Fleet Maintenance.

By 0600 he has Big Blue purring and has parked Tryst in the nearby lot. He's ready to go and the Lincoln arrives on schedule. "Good morning, ma'am," he calls down to her.

She calls up, "Which way are you going?"

He points across the bridge and up. "Highway number 2 to Edmundston."

"I'll follow you out of Dartmouth and then we'll see you in Edmundston." she laughs and waves gaily. He sees she's wearing a kerchief around her head today even though she has the top up.

He pulls out of the yard and notices the lightness of the load. Home furniture is no load for this logging truck. She could haul three times this load with ease. He watches the sparkling white convertible in his side mirror as he crosses the bridge to Dartmouth then follows Number 2 out passed Tufts Cove and Big Walt's then up the Bedford hill. It's number 1 ahead to the Annapolis Valley but he keeps right on number 2 for Truro.

It isn't long before she passes him and flashes away in the distance. Mike gives her a funny salute as she disappears ahead. Mike's happy with this light load. He can run at highway speed without shifting much. He comes up to Truro unexpectedly and turns to the west towards Amherst.

He tunes Fredericton now and enjoys the music. He figures to be in there for lunch. 'Love is like a dying ember and only memories remain' comes the voice of Willie Nelson from his radio.

Mike sings with it, "And through the ages I'll remember, Blue eyes crying in the rain." By 0900 he makes Amherst and expects to make Moncton by ten. He passes the big sign just out of town that declares he's welcome to New Brunswick.

0943 and he's in Moncton. Big Blue is purring like a kitten today. At this rate he will have an early lunch in Fredericton. He knows he's been exceeding the speed limit most of the morning so he keeps watching for Melanie Kate and her white Lincoln convert.

He sees a sign for Peditcodiac and wonders why that name's familiar. Must have met someone from there, he thinks. He mutters, "Oh yeah, that English chick at the truck stop in Fredericton said she was from there. Now what was her name?"

He puzzles in his mind, "It wasn't Mary Anne, she was a girl back in basic training but it was something like that." He brighten up, "Rosie Ann, that's it! Hmm, I'll have to watch for her."

How could he forget her? Spanking and 'suctioning' his cock was her specialties. He smiles as he remembers. Then he reconsiders and wonders if his actions with her might have contributed to the loss of his sweetheart, Jackie. Not too likely, that die was cast then. He wonders if she will see him when he's in Kingston. He's not sure whether he should try. He shrugs absently, 'she's an officer now'.

Diana Ross with 'Why Do Fools Fall in Love' brings him out of his funk and he watches the scrub cedar and small gnarled deciduous trees in the rocky landscape pass by. The far off waters of Grand Lake appear to his right and he knows he's nearing the forest fire region where he fought the blazes when in basic training.

He checks his instruments and his mirrors for the umpteenth time and notes all's well. Everything's copasetic, he thinks. 'Copasetic', he likes that word, very satisfactory in other words. He supposes his life is copasetic. He's doing what he likes and no boss leaning over his shoulder bugging him. He likes it... but it could be better if he had Jackie. He misses her.

He passes Oromoncto and comes up on the Fredericton International Airport. It's 1120 and he figures he'll be in for lunch at 1130. He sees the Irving gasoline company sign at the same time he sees her white Lincoln with the top down in front of the restaurant. She's seated behind the wheel so he doesn't know if she's coming or going.

He swings in behind the building into the truck parking area and parks in a lineup of other road warriors. He leaves her purring and heads for lunch. When he steps inside he's met by Melanie Kate. "Mike, please join me for lunch."

He nods to the waitress, "Lucy, we'll take a table, please." and to Melanie Kate, "I don't like booths, no leg room." He looks around for Rosie Ann but doesn't see her.

Lucy comes to lead them to a table, "She's not here, Mike. She's working evenings this week." she winks at him and shows them to the table.

Mike says, "I wasn't looking for her, Lucy. It was you I was watching for when I came in. You know I got my eye on you."

She seats them blushing. She leaves menus and rushes away only to rush back and ask, "Would you like anything to drink? I almost forgot." They both order coffee and she rushes off.

"So what do I call you, Mel or Melanie or Kate or would you prefer Mrs. Dowsher?"

"Mel will do. That's what all our friends call me. You should be ashamed, you have that poor waitress flustered. I gather you come this way often."

"A time or two. I wasn't sure when I pulled in if you were coming or going. I guess you weren't too far ahead of me."

"I pulled in and parked. When I looked in my mirror there you were pulling in behind me. I was surprised."

"Well, it's a light load and I'm making good time." Lucy comes by and Mike pulls up his thermos. She takes it and takes their orders. Mike can't help but compare the two women. Except for age there's not a lot of difference.

"I'll bet you have a lot of 'Lucys' around the county, don't you?" she watches him knowingly.

"Not really, but I guess I get my fair share. Does that make me bad?"

"No, on the contrary, that makes you desirable in my opinion. So who's working evening shift?"

Mike smiles, "A cute little English chick with a real broad British accent named Rosie Ann. I kid her a lot when I see her and the others here know I look for her."

"I think Lucy's sweet on you. She has that hungry look. I wouldn't doubt she's jealous of your English chic."

Mike studies her for a moment then asks, "How old would you judge Lucy to be?"

"In her thirty's, I would think." Mike nods. "Has she hit on you?" she whispers this like a secret.

"No, no." Mike shakes his head. They eat in silence.

Melanie Kate picks up the tab and they push on after lunch. They both seem to be anxious to reach Edmundston for the night. From the time they leave the Irving Truck Stop Mike is able to tune Bangor, Maine (WGUY 1220 AM/94.1 FM) old time hits. He's really enjoying his new radio. With coffee cup in hand he sings along with the music.

Soon he's swinging north and paralleling the Maine, USA border. He passes through Woodstock by 1500. He keeps the white Lincoln in his mirrors as he eats up the miles. He's beginning to feel the strain of the long run and of eating too much for lunch. He pours more black coffee.

There're cultivated fields here and they extend as far as the eye can see. It looks like good farming country, the homes are fresh painted and new barns dot the landscape. Mike spots some well fattened angus cattle and knows they represent a modest investment. The same is true of the odd new tractor he notes. Times seem to be good for these farmers.

By 1600 he's passing through Grand Falls and is only about forty minutes from Edmundston. Around half a mile behind him is the white Lincoln convert with the top down. They follow each other into the Pirate Restaurant and Truck stop. Mike parks around back and Melanie Kate pulls along side of him.

"Are we quitting already?" she calls up to him.

"We've been on the road for over ten hours, lady. Isn't that enough for one day?" She's walking up to his door. "Wait till you taste their lobster here, you won't be in any hurry to leave." he smiles with a crooked grin.

"Where do you stay when you sleep here?" He nods his head across the seat inside his cab. "Oh, is it comfortable?"

"It's not bad. Are you planning to join me?" he winks and she laughs.

"Oh sure I am." she laughs more, "I'm at the Sheraton in town. My husband called it in when I told him where we were stopping. I think it's called Four Points. It's on Rue Rice somewhere right downtown. I'll find it.

"We can ask inside. Are you hungry?" She nods and Mike shuts the Hayes down. He climbs down and checks around the load then reaches under the cab and opens the air valve. Air screams then roars as it empties the tank. Soon the blast eases to a low whistle then dies out. He says, "This is where you'll find me at 0600. Let's go eat."

They go in the rear door and pass the trucker's showers. She asks, "Do you shower here?" He nods. "It looks so rough. I'll have my own shower tonight." She smiles in satisfaction.

"I think you're hinting for me to join you," he pauses, "or perhaps you're teasing." She goes ahead of him through the passage to the restaurant. He watches for Dana but no such luck. He remembers she works mornings. Oh well, that's the breaks. They find a table by the window in an alcove.

Their waitress brings them menus and Mike asks, "What would you like to drink, Mel? They have some good mixed drinks here."

"What would you suggest?" He can tell she's trying to put him on the spot. "Let's see if you can guess my taste." She bites on the tip of her tongue watching him.

Mike turns to the waitress, "Please bring the lady a Swedish Pear Martini and don't forget the lime peel. I'll have a Molson's Export Ale." Melanie Kate nods her pleasure.

"So if you like lobster they have a real treat here. It's Brown Butter Lobster, Bacon + Crispy Kale and Fontina Pasta with brie but it includes mozzarella and cream cheese with parmesan to garnish for two. It's a delight and not what you expect in a truck stop."

She looks delighted, "I can't wait to try it. I love lobster." Mike places their order and she sips her drink. "I must admit you found a real treat for me with this pear martini. I never heard of it but it's tingly on the tongue. You're a magician!"

Offhand Mike explains, "It's just Swedish Pear Absolut, grapefruit juice and lime. It is refreshing." He enjoys his ale.

"I thought you would pick a martini. They're a favorite of mine at luncheons and such with my husband." She sips, "You're a lot like him, your mannerisms and even your looks. Are you Armenian?"

Mike chuckles, "No, part Scottish and part Mohawk, there's nothing fancy about me. Just your honest hard working seaman, ma'am." He notices her gulp the last of the drink. "Would you like another of those?"

She nods with a smile, "Are you trying to ply me with alcohol, Mike? I warn you I can handle my liquor." She wags a finger at him to caution him. Mike signals the waitress to bring her another and she does along with their food.

Mike reaches over and serves her a lobster tail from the platter and asks, "Tell me when to stop." He adds cheese and kale along side her meat then pasta on the side. The waitress delivers a basket of buns and cream crackers as Mike moves a tail and cheese to his plate. He passes the buns but Mel is busy cutting her lobster so he takes crackers to load with cheese to enjoy with his lobster.

They chow down and after dinner they retire from the dining room out the back way by the trucker's showers. She says, "I can't believe you expect to get clean in that hole. How can you even get undressed here. Aren't you afraid someone might run off with your clothes?"

"On the road we use whatever facilities we find. This place is not so bad, I've seen worse." He corrects himself, "Not that I have used them but I have seen worse."

"Sure and you sleep in that drafty truck. It's a wonder you don't catch pneumonia. Do you sleep in there in the winter, too?" She bumps against him as they leave the building.

"Yep, but I don't shut it down then, I leave the heater on low."

"Aren't you afraid of carbon monoxide? She totters on the rough gravel and Mike catches her. She smiles over her shoulder and thanks him. She states matter of factually, "It's not the martinis."

Diplomatically Mike agrees and continues to hold her arm to the car. "Out of respect for your officer husband I insist you allow me to drive for you to your hotel. If some idiot drove into you and you had liquor on your breath it would reflect negatively on your husband and your reputations. I would feel so bad if that happened."

Meekly she hands him the keys and goes around to get in the passenger side. Mike goes with her to hold her door. Soon they are heading into Edmundston and following directions given them by the cashier at the truck stop.

Mike marvels at how easy it is to drive an automatic. He catches on really fast. He likes this Lincoln. As they arrive she indicates to park in the front and let the valet park the car. He gives them a ticket and Mike ensures she puts it in her purse. He bids her a good night at the door.