Mike's Navy: Mike Meets Marlene

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"No, we have to sit down with them and talk it out. We have to wait for your dad to come home."

"I think he's home. The garage door's open, it wasn't earlier. He must have gone into the kitchen just after we left."

"Aren't you cold? We better go back in. How do you feel now?"

She shivers, "Let's go in." She leads the way to the door and they go back inside. She hesitates in the entry but Mike prods her on so she goes to the kitchen. Her mom and dad are there with their heads close together at the table. Mike wants to back out and not disturb them but Marlene rushes in, "Oh Mommy, I'm so sorry I've disappointed you. Please forgive me and say you want to give Mike a chance."

She places her hand on her daughter's arm, "Marlene, please leave us for a few minutes," she sounds old and worn. Mike hustles her away to the living room.

"What are they doing, Mike?"

"Trying to cope, love. We've thrown them for a loop, they never expected us to do what we have. For better or worse they have to cope with it so they're steeling themselves to do that. Give them credit, love. They're the survivors of their generation."

In a little while her dad comes into the living room and asks, "Would the two of you like to join us in the kitchen?"

Marlene gets up silently and Mike smiles, "I doubt you want me to say no. I'm with you." Her father shakes his head. They proceed into the kitchen. Her mother indicates chairs and they seat themselves at the table.

Her father looks at Mike. "So what is it you propose to do about the situation, Mike?"

"Sir, I love Marlene. We were talking about the prospect of marrying before I was even aware of her condition. As I see it this simply speeds up our plans for the sake of our child. I propose we marry as soon as possible."

"Can you afford a wife? She's not cheap, you know. She's spoiled and used to having her own way. Have you taken that into account?"

"I think I have, sir. It'll be a challenge for both of us but I have faith we'll endure and have a healthy family in the long run."

He looks at Marlene, "I presume this is what you want."

"Oh yes, Daddy. I love Mike with all my heart. Already he has had reason to chastise me and he has stuck with me all the same. I think he'll be a handsome and strong man. I plan to be with him!"

"Well, against the urgings of my wife, I tend to agree with you so I will condone your wishes by agreeing to this wedding. You'll have to tell them your opinion, Nancy."

"Gerrard, you know how I feel. I detect deceit in both of you. She's deceived you more than once, Mike Claymore. You know that to be true. And you have kept from her your true past and your true interests at this time, have you not? I cannot see a day's happiness in your future together. You will be torn by jealousies and unrest almost from the beginning. I will not sign for any such union, child or not."

Her husband grins, "Nancy, you be a hard woman to deal with but I think you've misjudged the lad this time. I'm with you, Mike." He grins broadly, "Now isn't that better than threatening to run off to Alberta?" he reaches to shake his hand. "You take good care of our girl." They shake hands. "So when do you plan to have the wedding?"

"It'll be about three weeks before I'm back this time so I suppose around the end of the month. I do have to seek the approval of my commanding officer, as well but that is simply a formality and shouldn't hold things up. I'll try to find us a home when I get back to Halifax. It would be nice if they'd transfer me to Esquimalt but that would take time."

"You're heading east tomorrow then?"

"No, I have the weekend off then a few trips around the valley and the island then Friday I have a run to Camp Borden in Ontario and from there I pick up a load to Halifax. Then I have three days off before they send me west again."

"That's why you got the pickup tonight. I see. I guess you have it for the weekend, eh?"

"Yep, it's the ferry costs that mess it up for me to bring the tractor over for the weekend. I can only account for two crossings, not four. So they issue me with a pickup and I cross at my own expense."

Nancy gets up and leaves them. Mike gets up to look for their coats so Marlene chats with her father. He comes back with her coat and with his on. She's looking for her purse when her mother comes down the stairs and asks, "Where are you going now?"

Marlene answers, "I guess back to the dorm."

"And you, Mike?"

"I'm going to drop her at the dorm?"

"She has a room here. You can sleep with the boys. I've made the beds up."

Mike looks at Marlene then back at her mother. "I think we'd like some privacy to discuss things. We'll be on the porch." He turns to leave. Marlene follows him.

They seat themselves on the porch and Mike asks, "Are you okay with us staying here tonight? We have to do things together now. We have to agree on things if we're going to make it work."

"I guess that means we won't have much time together, will we? I want to be with you. Oh Mike, I don't know what to say."

"We can just tell them we're leaving but I'm sure there will be an argument. Do we want that?"

"I guess not, but if we stay tonight they will expect us to be here every night until you go back. It will never end until we're married."

"I'm afraid you're right, but what other alternative do we have?"

"Maybe we shouldn't have come back tonight. If we got a room then we could have gone back there."

"But we're here now. Do we stay?"

"We could stay in my room, My bed's big enough."

Mike laughs, "I doubt even your father would allow that. Let's do it your mother's way for now and we'll see what tomorrow brings." And so that's what they do.