Montana Gold

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

People began pouring into the area and the digging spread out up and down the creek. The miners named their settlement 'Bannock' after a local tribe of Indians with whom they had good relations. As usual, however, when Washington received the registration for a post office at Bannock, Montana, in honor of the Indian tribe, someone screwed up a simple name and assigned 'Bannack' to the location, instead. It stuck.

By fall of 1862 while the Civil War worked up the steam to eventually become the most savage conflict America had ever known or would know, around 500 people inhabited the area around Grasshopper Creek; by the onset of that winter $700,000 worth of gold had been gathered in the creek.

Here a peculiarity of the entire strike and its location becomes apparent. Much of the terrain along the creek was limestone, a type of earth that almost never contains gold naturally. Moreover, with no gold either upstream or downstream from the strike, obviously the source of the gold had to be in the cliffs and high ground above the entire location.

The best current studies of this phenomenon seem to agree that there was a time of relatively widespread volcanic activity in southwestern Montana. That's hardly strange since the entire nearby Yellowstone caldera and its current belchings and rumblings that teeter on the verge of some sort of cataclysm are evidence of just such a thing. In the process the limestone walls of the surrounding canyons were forcibly shot through with large masses of molten magma from deep inside the earth.

As one source explained it, "The rock formed by the hardened magma was the most common igneous intrusion...and that is granite."

When nearly white hot lava slides into contact with limestone, the reaction creates a large variety of minerals. As all of this hardens, it forms an outer shell over the granite that divides it from the limestone. This mineral-rich zone can be relatively thin or as thick as several hundred feet. This is the geological makeup that the miners recognized from long experience and that they found above and around Grasshopper Creek.

Before the weather changed for the worst in 1862, a serious gold strike was on and miners, prospectors, thieves, whores, draft-dodgers, deserters and con men were pouring into the area. It didn't take long; what always happens where these conditions exist became a reality.

Crime skyrocketed with robberies of miners carrying their gold from their diggings to town; cheats practiced centuries-old skills; con artists who could make anything seem like what it wasn't plied their trade with a vengeance; gambling parlors and saloons flourished where a man could get shot for very little or nothing at all. All of this became the order of every day.

At first, as the gold discoveries became richer and richer, the citizens, especially those from back East where a modicum of law and order held sway, tried to deal with events themselves. But these weren't usual times. And the gold was incredibly rich, some of it as pure as ninety-six percent. The nuggets weren't the typical gold from other areas...these were larger and rounded on the edges, resembling small solid rocks of the precious metal.

Men kill for a whole lot less than this wealth that almost lay around for a minimal taking.

Chapter 4

Telling Secrets

By the time Parker had finished this much of her account, Hayden was trying to digest it and at the same time could not completely concentrate on driving and history; Parker found a variety of reasons to twist around, shift in her seat, unbuckle her seatbelt, bend over to get something from her bag, and stretch catlike with a delicious regularity.

This of course exposed her breasts that she gently jostled, making them quiver like masses of gelatin. Hayden knew that she was just waiting for a chance to get out of the truck and, in his company, skillfully display her generous assets in whatever restaurant or service plaza they happened to be. Since Hayden was extremely aroused by and encouraged these public displays, he knew that he'd be rock-hard during the process. And Parker knew it also.

Finally, when they reached Orlando, both agreed that they really did need a break. Parker strived to be civil, but her cut-off, thin and sleeveless top simply refused to provide any reasonable concealment of her chest. As she sat opposite Hayden and gestured vigorously during their discussion, they overheard a teenager say to his girlfriend in a stage whisper, "My God, Lisa, did you see the size of her jugs!"

Lisa, apparently not appreciating his perceptive skills, whispered back, "Yes, Jason, and the hair under her arms is enough to fully equip your father's and grandfather's bald heads! I think it's sexy, so maybe I'll start growing my own." Her sarcasm went completely over his head.

"Don't you dare!" shot back Jason, triggering an ongoing dust-up between the teens.

"Then don't be a dumbass, okay?"

"See what your tits and grass do to people?" grinned Hayden with obvious pride in his lover.

"Thanks for appreciating my public exposure, Angel. It makes me hot and I like for you to enjoy it."

"Parker, the history you've described seems to be a perfect setup for another Tombstone, Arizona, or Dodge City, Kansas. That sort of wealth fueled by greed and the determination of people to do what their natures demand is a guarantee of disaster...unless, that is, some tough guy, a Wyatt Earp or a Bat Masterson, shows up."

"Well, that's exactly what did happen. Things got so bad that the citizens finally decided to hire a sheriff, a man named Henry Plummer. He appeared to be a talkative, enjoyable, courteous and interesting individual when he arrived in Bannack. But as is so often the case, it's what you don't see that really matters.

"Plummer had contracted pulmonary tuberculosis much like that of dentist John Holiday in Tombstone. Plummer's wasn't as far advanced as the doctor's, but by the time he arrived in Bannack it was starting to give him trouble. As the good people who hired him were soon find out, he was every bit as dangerous as John Holiday, but not as fast with a gun. Plummer preferred dry-gulching and back-shooting to do his dirty work.

"But I'm getting ahead of myself, Golden Boy. You know, Hayden," she yawned, "I'm so warm that I think I'll take off my top."

With that, she did so, folding it and placing it into her bag, then shaking her bare breasts vigorously as if trying to mix something jiggly in two great soft containers.

"Why am I not surprised at this strategically designed overheating problem of yours, Parks?" Hayden laughed merrily as they pulled out of the parking lot and headed up I-95 toward Georgia.

They passed the time with jokes, silliness and raucous laughter, erotic accounts of events past, and told each other what their fetishes were. Parker, as usual, got it started.

"Hayden, would you mind telling me what some of your fetishes are? I know that's private with guys, but I'd like very much to know. And I'm certain they'll make me hot." She glanced at him with a perfectly wolfish expression on her face, eyes shining and breathing heavily.

Hayden, never one to hesitate when a gorgeous woman asked an intimate question, thought for a moment, then responded.

"It's no news, Gypsy, that your body hair makes me hot. In part it's because it is obviously different from everyone else, but the way you excite me goes deeper than that. I just really like fur on women. You are so very striking in your dark beauty, your sensuality, the way you enjoy exposing yourself wherever you are, and your endless sexual appetite for me. I adore you for that."

"I admit to a love affair with my hair, Boyfriend. Thanks to Lauren my bush is a lot thicker and longer than it used to be...she kept after me to stop shaving it short like the hair grows on my thighs, bottom and tummy. Now I'm as thick and long as she is! I have no idea why it grows so heavy under my arms. My father encouraged me to let it alone...it really made him hot, and now it feel as if I've got furry animals under there. Maybe it's my gypsy thing...it's in my genes.

"I take special care of it, comb it and condition it so that it shines and stays soft. I am surprised and amused that people are rarely indifferent to me; they either like it or they hate it There ain't very many in-betweens."

Hayden continued. "I'm always aroused by big boobs like yours...I'm just a big-boobs guy. You're stunning, Parker. Your breasts are so large, but they aren't floppy. You're firm, yet your boobs have the most delicious jiggle and sway. And you know it, too, you gorgeous animal! Honestly, the more you expose yourself, the happier man I am."

"They're comforting for me, lover. Honestly, I guess I'm in love with them! Thank you for the freedom you give me to enjoy them and show off sometimes. But what else? I know there are hidden desires in you, Hayden. You are so sensuous and beautiful, how could there not be?"

"Well, your fur excites me always. I also get hot by the smoothness of my own skin. It's always been that way, although you know I shave from time-to-time. I get hard thinking about how it feels; it's smooth...almost life warm, soft glass There are times when I make myself cum by brushing my hair and making it wavier as I touch my body."

He was quiet for several moments before he spoke again.

"You know, Parker, that I enjoy being intimate with your husband, Mark. Feeling him inside of me is delicious and he has such a soft way of approaching me."

He glanced at Parker; she smiled as she fondled her nipples.

"Oh, by the way, Golden Boy...I think the most sensuous picture of you and Mark, of all that the two of you have made, is that one on South Beach with him behind you, and you are as hard as steel. There's enough distance between you two to see Mark's huge cock halfway inside you, and he's got his arms around you playing with your gorgeous tits."

"Liked that one, huh?" he asked softly as he recalled the thrill of feeling Mark within and seeing others watching them.

"Hayden, you have no idea how many times that one's been downloaded and enlarged and even made into posters by our photography lab." She quickly switched subjects.

"Hayden, would you let me watch you enjoy eating yourself? Soon? That is so sexy!"

"Of course, Honey. It's exciting that you want to." He was thoughtful for a time, then he said, "I hope you don't think it's silly, but I enjoy slipping a rosebud plug into my hole when I sunbathe or work around our house nude. It feels heavy and makes me full."

"Where'd you learn about rosebuds?"

"From you, oh dark and mysterious one...after you got back from Italy and those two weeks you spent with that Italian gal Lexo. And your other clothing has been so much more risqué, too. Parker, you are like Ashwynde...both of you are going to get arrested for exposure any day!

"Anyhow, you already know that I am really turned on by big breasts, Parks...you certainly surpass all requirements on that one...! I'm also aroused by girls like Ashwynde, tranny girls."

"Hey, buddy-boy...I know you, remember? You're not talking about just tranny girls in general; you, gorgeous male of mine, are a prisoner of Ashwynde of PRISM Designs! And I can't blame you for a second. That girl just took me to the cleaners, ya' might say." The gypsy girl stared at him with a wolfish expression that he knew telegraphed more than a few steamy encounters with the director of the company's explorations and projects division.

Hayden grinned rather sheepishly at his lover.

"Angel, you know me reeeelly well. Glad you're not offended. Okay, one final fetish, or maybe it's just a goal or a fascination...I truly enjoy martial arts training with Mark. It's always demanding, and it pushes me to the end of my endurance. He can be a tough leader and taskmaster, but he's a real leader. Sometimes we train nude, and that adds a sexual thrill that's hard to describe.

"Okaaaay...sounds crazy? Yeah..." A sheepish grin spread across the young man's face.

"Heavens, no! So far, Hayden, your fetishes make me really hot. And no, I don't think your enjoyment of inserts or training nude is silly. Honey, you could wear a burlap sack and still be the sexiest man in America. The rest of us have watched you working out several times...we all agree that a mass assault on you two by us girls would be this year's best idea!"

"Good grief...I can see that I should have been ready for any and everything. But what about the fetishes of a Gypsy?" Hayden prodded his woman.

Parker lazily gazed at him as her five-inch nails drifted lazily over her erect nipples. She wanted him to stare at her, yet she knew that he had to keep his eyes on the road.

"I am deeply aroused and joyful when I can make love with members of my family. My father and I had the most beautiful times together before I went off to Georgia Tech and before he died. Of all our group at PRISM, Hayden, I am closest to you, my husband, and Ashwynde. It's getting like that with Arabella. If I had a brother or sister, I'd be intimate with them, too.

"I enjoy intimacy with women, particularly older women, Hayden. There is something about sexual closeness with mature women and their deepness. I have friends who are the most sensuous, erotic and frankly delicious women in their forties through sixties. Many aren't what we commonly think of as 'beauties,' but they are arousing, sexually skilled, and have endless appetites for love-making and exposure. And Honey, their bodies are ab-so-lute-ly amazing.

"Anyhow, I enjoy exposing myself. I'm aware that my body fur sometimes kills the interest of anyone watching me and some even find me disgusting, but I also know of those who get really hot when they see me bare myself and all this hair, and when they look up my skirts or down my tops. While I try to not be deliberately offensive, I really don't care much if they don't like me.

"Honestly, Hayden, your lovemaking with my husband just puts me into orbit. The way you and he only do it infrequently adds to the sensuality of two strong, powerful men, my men, being intimate. And wanting me to watch."

"You are exactly the woman I want and need," he murmured.

"I really enjoy inserting rippled bars into my hole; I found out how delicious that is from Lexo, too. One day we walked down the streets of Cannes with skirts so short that her plump and pierced lips were bare, and I felt the breeze moving my pussy's long fur! I must say that I like the attitude of Europeans toward body hair more than I do Americans' generally. They aren't surprised by it, and often they like it. Anyhow," she continued quickly, "she asked me to slide a foot-long aluminum bar into her bottom, then she slipped one into me.

"Most of the shaft was rippled to help it stay inside me...it was wonnnnderfuuul! The sensation of walking down the street or through a store and knowing that I'm exposed and doing something brashly sensuous was, mmmmmm so sweet. And I like being stared at!

"God! Hayden, when she slid that anal bar into me, I grabbed a high stool in a street café to hold myself steady and I had a little orgasm, I was so hot! We walked around that way, and I don't mean on abandoned streets or in empty stores, either. There were people everywhere, and were they staring, too! One young guy walked up behind me and touched my bar. He said, 'I like your insert. Mind if I just walk behind you for a while?'

"And you said...?" Hayden pressed her with a grin.

"I agreed. And he did for a while. I couldn't believe her lack of restraint...Lexo actually stopped at a bench, put her right foot up on it and pulled her bar from her hole, then reinserted it and played with it, and right there with people watching! Then we walked into her bank and cashed checks at the counter. I was so excited and hot; Hayden, my honey was sliding down my legs the whole time.

"You've seen those pictures of her shopping for shoes and spreading her thighs, exposing her bare pussy and rings to the sales person. We actually did that! I cannot describe how excited it made me, Hayden! The girl who assisted us seemed to enjoy it; she stared at my long fur and hairy thighs. I thought she was going to make a snide remark...until she casually took off her sweater. She wore a sleeveless blue silk blouse and she had beautiful white underarm hair. I've never seen that before."

"Gypsy girl, I wouldn't want to be pushy, but is there anything else I should know about your fetishes and what makes you hot?"

"Watching the erotic slideshows I've built on my computer; seeing Ashwynde spread her legs and show off that gorgeous, huge cock of hers during a business meeting; and one more thing, Golden Boy. You. Whatever you are doing, wherever we are, you are my main fetish; you make me feel like I am filled with lava and just about to erupt."

She stared at him without a word for the longest time. Then she began once more her tale of Montana gold.

Chapter 5

The Tipping Point

Bannack, Montana, became a magnet for Civil War deserters from both sides, thieves, killers, and a certain amount of the human garbage no one ever wants. Good men and women lived there and continued to arrive, but crime had accelerated to intolerable levels for those from back East.

Henry Plummer arrived in Bannack in the early 1860s. His tuberculosis had begun giving him trouble and it affected his attitude, never anything to encourage in this man. On his way there he'd organized a gang of thieves who robbed miners and travelers, cheated at cards, and were generally the dregs of society. This activity petered out because of Plummer's collateral sexual activities.

U. S. Government Indian Agent Jim Vail had a sister, Electa, who attracted Plummer; after two months of courting and fooling around, Plummer asked her to marry him. Jack Cleveland, a former sidekick of Plummer's, was also carrying a torch for the girl. This infuriated Plummer, but he suppressed his anger and he and Cleveland headed for Bannack.

Henry saw no reason to ply a legitimate trade; he wasn't trained in anything useful. Instead, he gathered a gang calling themselves the "Innocents." Their specialty was robbing the miners of their gold on their way to the assayer. The tightly-organized thugs became so numerous, slightly more than one hundred, that they developed secret handshakes and code words for identification.

Records indicate that prospectors made another gold strike some eighty miles east of Bannack in Alder Gulch, the town that eventually became Virginia City. This guaranteed that anyone traveling between the two towns was going to be waylaid; the kill ratio skyrocketed.

The prospectors, miners, and arrivals from back East where there was a semblance of law were getting royally sick of the entire mess. What law there was in Bannack accomplished nothing. Along the way through a variety of devious means, Plummer managed to get elected as a sheriff in Bannack and several surrounding communities, thereby proving that people get the government they deserve...but few were happy with their choice. Bannack and the surrounding community seethed with anger.

During this time he improved the inner workings of the "Innocents" and expanded their operations. The belief that Plummer was running the operation gained a foothold, then spread like a fire. Several 'insiders' remarked that they knew Plummer was involved.

_ _ _ _ _

Plummer always saw the people around him as marks and targets for picking, not as individuals. His wife was now giving him trouble...at least being inconvenient, so he began to beat "the bitch" as he often called her. Eventually, after he had abused and tormented her, usually in public, she left him, but he had other interests, anyhow.