My Father's Son

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Fuck, Tommy. I can't believe you want to put me in this position. You know that regardless of what happens, we'll all feel like shit for doing this, right? No-one comes out of something like this with their head held high."

"I get it, but it's something I need to know." I respond.

"So, what happens if she's keen? Am I supposed to make up some lame excuse after trying so hard to talk her into it? She'll know you put me up to it for sure."

"No, if she's keen and you want to, you might as well go through with it. Melissa and I will be done then anyway."

Ray looks away shaking his head, bouncing the ball at his feet.

"You realize that you're basically testing her, entrapping her with this, right?" Ray responds.

"Yeah, I know. I wouldn't have to though if she hadn't already given me a reason to suspect her of cheating on me. The guy she's been with at the club is hardly going to tell me if he's fucked her or not, and she's probably smart enough to not flaunt her infidelity everywhere. I don't know what else to do. At least this way I'll know for sure."

"Fuck, man. I can't believe I'm even thinking about doing this for you. I really like Melissa too and this is such a low act to pull. Let me think about it for a bit. Talk to me during the week, I'll give you an answer then, okay?" Ray replies to me.

"Fine, and thanks Ray. I know I'm asking a lot here."

We made our way back over to Ray's apartment before I headed for home. A part of me can't believe I'm asking Ray to do this, but I just don't know what else to do that can resolve it one way or the other without dragging this shit on. I just want this over with so I can get on with my life with or without Melissa.

On Monday, I'm sitting with Gary for lunch when he gives me some more details on Melissa and her Martin guy.

"So, when we were done with our fun on Friday night, I asked Tracey a bit more about Melissa. If she thought that her and Martin might hook up as well." Gary informs me.

"And?"

"She's sure they will, but that Melissa's playing hard to get."

"What does that mean? That she's playing hard to get."

"Well, a few weeks ago they all went back to Tracey and Jess's place. I didn't know they actually share a place together; I'm assuming this was the first night I saw them when they all left the club at the same time with the three guys. Tracey said that her and Jess were both in their rooms with their guys, leaving Martin and Melissa alone out in the living room. Tracey then said that she thought they might have fucked each other but that Melissa said later they'd only fooled around a little, and nothing more." Gary replies.

"Fuck, so she dances, chats and kisses this Martin guy, and now you're telling me she also fooled around with him over Tracey's place as well. Fuck this." I reply with frustration.

"Tracey also told me Melissa's only met him a few times before that night, just dancing and chatting when they're out at a club. She said Melissa was angry at herself for letting it go too far that Friday night when they made out, that she should never had done that or have come home with her. But Tracey thinks Melissa's full of it, that she wants to get fucked but feels guilty about cheating on you. Tracey also said that every woman needs a good fucking every now and then, and that Melissa has complained that she's not getting that at home. Sorry Tommy, not my words, obviously." Gary tells me, a little apologetic at the end.

"That's okay. We probably won't be together for much longer now anyway. Are you seeing Tracey again? When you find out where they're going to this Friday, can you let me know? Also, if she thinks Martin is going to be there too."

"You're not planning on doing something stupid are you, Tommy? If you're going to show up and want to fight Martin, I should let you know that he's way bigger than you are. I don't think it'll go the way you want it to." Gary replies with a concerned look on his face.

"No, I'm not showing up. Can you let me know, though?" I ask him again.

"Sure, I can do that. Tracey already wants to hook up again, now she's been reminded that I'm the best, she doesn't want the rest." Gary answers with a smile.

"Yeah, I'm sure that's what it is." I reply while chuckling.

I tried my best not to act like a complete asshole to Melissa over the next few days, just trying to act civil as best I could. I can tell she knows I'm not happy about something, but she hasn't pushed me on it this time, giving me some space which I'm thankful for.

On Wednesday, Gary told me what Tracey and the girl's plans were for Friday night. According to Tracey, Melissa doesn't want to see Martin there this time as she thinks he's been seriously chasing after her for a proper relationship, so they haven't let him know where they're going on Friday night. After lunch, I call Raymond, to see if he's made his decision yet.

He has, and he's agreed to help me out, although very reluctantly. I told him where the girls were headed on Friday night so he could be there too, so he could have a chance to talk with Melissa and see where she's at. Ray was adamant that if he starts getting the feeling from Melissa that she isn't interested in him, he isn't going to push it further with her. I agreed, that would be too out of character from the Ray that Melissa knows anyway.

On Thursday night, Melissa tried to initiate sex with me once more, and I again turned her down which is starting to become a common theme now. We've only had sex a couple of times since Gary first told me about Melissa's antics on her nights out about a month ago now. It was a few times after the Friday when she behaved herself. But we've not kissed or had sex at all this week, I just can't do it after I've been told about her fooling around with Martin. Maybe that should be enough for me to end it with her and not have to go through with having Ray seduce her, but I need to know for sure.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On Friday night as we're walking out of the bowling alley, Gary asks if I want him to text me again with updates tonight as usual, and I tell him yes. I know Ray is going to be there, maybe Gary can unwittingly give me updates on his progress. I've never spoken to Gary about Ray; he'll just think he's someone new talking with Melissa.

After I got home and showered, I'm eating my dinner when Gary sends me the first text of the evening.

'Just got here with Scott, the girls are here already. Melissa is chatting with a new guy on another table, not seen him here before.'

It must be Ray, maybe I'll finally know for sure soon. Now I just have to wait and see what happens.

About thirty minutes later, my phone chimes with another text from Gary.

'Melissa's still chatting with the new guy, they have danced too but now back at their own table. She's still not sitting with us tonight.'

Yeah, there's no way Ray would want to be chatting up Melissa in front of four other people. How would Melissa even introduce him? As her future husband's best friend? That wouldn't look great if they start making out now would it. Ray also said he'd call me once he got a good idea of what Melissa wanted to do tonight. So, I'm guessing he hasn't figured out yet if Melissa is keen or not. Maybe he hasn't really made his move on her yet, who knows.

As I settle in with a bourbon to watch a show on TV, my phone chimes once again.

'Just saw Melissa kiss her new guy. I think this might be the night. Sorry Tommy. Do you want me to say something to her before it happens?'

Fuck!

I quickly text Gary back before he steps in or does anything.

'Text me if they leave, but don't get involved. Let her do whatever she's going to do'.

Dammit, Melissa! It's only taken Ray an hour or so and you're kissing him already. I'm sitting here shaking my head, slowly but surely, coming to the realization that my engagement, my marriage, my relationship with Melissa, is now as good as over.

Within ten minutes Gary texts me again.

'They are up slow dancing now, hands all over each other and kissing again too. Are you sure you want this to play out? If I do nothing, your marriage is over. Are you sure Tommy?'

I quickly text him back.

'I'm sure. Just text me when they leave. Thx Gary.'

Well, at least I already know that Ray has been able to talk Melissa into being interested in cheating on me. The only question left now is how far will she let him go? I'm hoping Ray calls me soon, I need to know what's going on between them.

Over the next twenty minutes or so, I hear nothing. No texts or phone calls and I'm going out of my mind with not knowing and waiting. Will my fiancé want to sleep with my best friend? Is Melissa prepared to really do that to me?

Finally, my phone chimes with another text from Gary.

'Melissa's new guy just left their table. She's over here telling Tracey and Jess she's leaving with him. Sorry Tommy.'

'Thx Gary. That's all I needed to know. Will talk with you at work.' I text him back.

Just as I hit send on my text, my phone starts ringing, it's Ray.

"Hey Raymond." I answer.

"Hi Tommy. Well, you were right. Melissa does want to step out on you, with me at least anyway."

"Yeah, I know. The guy sitting with Melissa's friend Tracey is the friend of mine from work I told you about, but they don't know that. He's the one that's been updating me with what Melissa's been up to."

"Ah, so that's why he's been giving me the evil eye all night. He's worried about you. Does he know I'm your best friend?"

"No, I thought it best to just let it all play out. So, what's happened?"

"Well, I don't have long, I'm supposed to be doing a piss before we leave. But yeah, Melissa agreed to go home with me tonight. What do you want to do, Tommy? I can call this all off still if you want. Haven't you found out enough already?"

"She hasn't actually cheated on me yet, even if we think she's ready to. I'd rather know for sure so that I have zero regrets when this is done. Besides, be honest, don't you wanna fuck her? This is a free hit for you."

"Honestly, yeah, I kind of do now. She's hot and I do really like her a lot. Sorry Tommy, this is so fucked up."

"You still haven't told me how you got her to be interested. What did you say to her?"

"Just that I'm surprised to see her out looking to hook up with guys, and how hot she looks doing it. She swore to me that she isn't out looking for guys, but I told her that she's here at a club without you, dressed like she is. She has to know she's going to get horny guys trying to pick her up every time, that if she isn't looking to hook up with them, she wouldn't be here."

"What did she say to all that?" I quickly ask him.

"Nothing at first, she knew I called her on it and that it was true, but she'd never openly admit it. I then asked her that if she was looking to hook up, why she didn't think to get in touch with me first? That I felt slighted because she didn't call me. She told me that she didn't think that I'd be interested because you and I are best friends. I then spoke to her about the relationship my dad had with your parents, still has with your mom. I told her it could be the same for us too. She seemed to think on that for a bit, then a few minutes later she told me she's interested, and it all went from there." Ray responds.

"Okay, so what are you going to do? Are you going to take her home now?" I finally ask.

"Yeah, but are you going to be okay with that? She does love you Tommy, even though it doesn't seem like it right now. I just think she wants a bit more from sex than what you two have. That doesn't make her an evil person, Tommy. That doesn't mean you two can't figure something out like our parents did. Once I take her home and sleep with her, we can't take that back. Are you sure this is what you want?" Ray asks one more time.

"I'm sure. Go have some fun, just text me when you're done." I reply.

"Alright. I'm sorry that it's worked out this way. I hope you won't hate me later for this."

"No, I won't. You're doing me a favor, remember? Now go, she'll think you bailed on her if you take any longer." I reply as we end the call.

I sit back in my armchair with my hands in my face rubbing my eyes. I still can't believe she's actually doing this. I also can't believe that I helped instigate this with Ray to allow it to happen. But if it wasn't tonight with Ray, it'd be another night with Martin or someone else. At least now I know, and when Raymond texts me later to say the deed is done, it's officially over between me and Melissa. There will be no coming back from that.

I don't want to sit here drinking on my own, wallowing in my own misery. So, I decide to go to bed, taking my phone with me. In the morning I'll know for sure, and I can start planning for my life without her.

I can hear my phone chiming in my hand, I'd fallen asleep holding it. I drowsily open my eyes, seeing that it's almost 1am as I began to read my messages, and I'm surprised to see that I have two. One from Melissa as well as one from Ray.

Melissa's message came first a few minutes ago, so I open it.

'Hey Thomas, had a few drinks tonight back at Tracey's. Going to sleep the night here and will see you in the morning. Hope you're not mad. Love you.'

What? She's going to stay all night at Ray's place. I think I know what Ray's message is going to say now, so I open his message that he just sent me a moment ago.

'It's done. She wants some more and also wants to stay the night. Are you cool with that?'

I reply back to Raymond.

'Yeah, whatever happens between you two is now up to you. She's no longer my girlfriend.'

'Okay. I'm sorry Tommy. See you in the morning for hoops still?'

'Yeah, as always.' I text my best friend back.

I tried my best to go back to sleep, it's hard knowing that the last few years with Melissa have just been flushed down the toilet. As I lay in bed staring up at the ceiling, I can't help thinking about my parents and their relationship with Ray's dad, Charlie. Knowing that it was probably their relationship which helped convince Melissa to cheat on me with Ray is just another way in which this whole thing has been so fucked up.

I know from speaking with my ex-girlfriend Marianne that she wasn't satisfied with our sex life, that in the end it led to her cheating on me. My first girlfriend Josie did the same and now it's probably the same reason that has led Melissa to do likewise. Will I ever meet a girl that'll be happy with just me, or like Marianne said, do I need to step up my game? Do I need to be better, try different things? Or risk repeating this over and over again?

What if Melissa actually does still love me? That her need to get some sexual gratification doesn't mean that she loves me any less like my mom did with my dad? What if I do the unthinkable? What if Melissa and I can have the same relationship with Ray that my parents had with Uncle Charlie?

No. I've fought so hard to not follow in my dad's footsteps, to not end up like him. It doesn't matter if Melissa still loves me or if letting her sleep with Ray would allow us to stay together, to be happy. I can't do it. I refuse to do it.

------------------------------------------------------------

I finally drifted off to sleep for a few restless hours, waking up at 5am. I get dressed before leaving our apartment to make my way over to Ray's place way earlier than usual for our basketball game. When I get there at about five-thirty, all his lights are still out.

I have a spare key so let myself in the front door quietly and take a seat on Ray's couch. The sun is almost starting to rise, giving off a feint light throughout the apartment.

As I sit here in silence, I can hear noises coming from Ray's bedroom, a mixture of bed springs and a woman's moans. Are they fucking right now? I wonder how many times Melissa has let Ray fuck her since they got here.

Does she really think she can have a shower and wash away everything she's done over the last few hours to then return to me as if nothing has happened? For her to continue on with our relationship even though she's just spent the night having sex with my best friend.

I can now hear screaming, loud moans and a lot of 'fuck me' and 'oh my god's' coming from Melissa in Ray's bedroom. Again, I am reminded of my childhood, being woken up by many of the same sounds and noises coming from my parent's bedroom where my mom and Uncle Charlie were having sex while my father sat quietly out in the living room like I am right now.

The irony is not lost on me.

But unlike my father before me, I'm an unwilling participant. I don't accept my fate.

Shortly after, Ray's bedroom once again falls silent. It sounds like they've finally finished, as it is for Melissa and my relationship. It's finally over too.

The bedroom door then opens and out steps Melissa, naked and sweaty, heading for the bathroom. She looks up startled when she realizes I'm sitting in front of her on the couch. Her hands instinctively go up to her face as she lets out a huge gasp of shock. She no doubt sees the mix of anger and disappointment written across my face as I stare back into her eyes while shaking my head. She quickly runs off into the bathroom as her tears begin to flow.

I can hear her trying to say 'I'm sorry' in between her crying before she again enters the living room, still pleading with me. I slowly get up from the couch and make my way to the front door, looking back at her one last time as I close it behind me.

When Melissa returns to our apartment shortly after, I tell her to pack whatever she wants to take with her and leave. She tries desperately several times to talk with me, trying to somehow explain her actions, to tell me that she doesn't want to leave me and that she still loves me, but I'm having none of that. I leave the apartment when her parents arrive to help her move her stuff back home, going to the nearest park to wait out the time until she's gone.

After Melissa texts me to say that she's on her way back to her parent's place, I head home. The place now feels empty, although she has taken very little apart from her own possessions, it no longer feels like home to me. More of a shell of what was our relationship together.

Later in the afternoon, Ray stops by to check in on me. I've no doubt he feels guilty for last night even though I asked him to go through with it, it's something that I'm sure we'll get over.

"How are you holding up, Tommy?" Ray asks me as we sit down on the couch.

"Tired, sad, angry. I've gone through so many emotions since yesterday, I'm just over it."

"Did you talk with Melissa after she came home earlier? Or did you avoid her all together?"

"We talked, well, she pleaded her case. I tried my best to avoid her after that, even went to the park when her parents came over. I didn't want to be here and be told that I should try to work it out, that she loves me still and we can get past all this. I didn't want to hear any of it."

I look over at Ray, shaking my head a little.

"So, what about you Ray? Are you here to tell me I should work it out with Melissa too?"

"No. Knowing you, it won't change anything." Ray answers before we both sit silently for a few minutes.

"I spoke with my dad at lunchtime, I explained what happened. I'm sorry Tommy, but I needed to talk with him about it. I feel like shit for going through with this, like I'm to blame. I wanted to know how he dealt with all of this. How he was able to keep his friendship with your dad the entire time." Ray tells me as I look over at him, I can see that he still appears uncomfortable with what happened last night.

"None of this is on you, okay. I asked you to do this, we're all good Ray. Honestly."