My Journey Ch. 03 - Katherine

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I pulled off at a rest area and pulled my Jeep under a nice area shaded by some trees. I shut it off then slowly got out to stretch. Maybe this was just too much at once. Once I had my legs under me I made my way inside.

I saw a pay phone and thought about it. I shook my head but pulled a few quarters from my pocket, deposited them in the coin slot and dialed. I shook slightly with emotions but mostly it was fear.

"You have reached the voice message service of Mr. Michael Dougherty, please leave a message."

"Father, I am trying, please I am trying! I love you."

I felt so dejected. Was I a failure in his eyes? Would I ever recover?

I hung up and walked back outside. I walked around some just stretching my legs. I did a few calisthenics, got the blood flowing then made my way to the Jeep.

I cranked it up, took a sip of water, changed the radio station and headed back on the highway. I thought to myself, no wonder the Army allowed three days of travel time on both ends. Dang!

Three hours later, I hit the Pennsylvania State line and started getting anxious.

It was just over an hour and a half later at 6:45; I pulled into the parking lot. I shut off the Jeep, got out grabbing my purse. I entered the magnificent lobby and walked up to the desk.

Oh boy! I was way underdressed.

"Pardon me, and please forgive my attire, I left Georgia early this morning. I am here to check in. Dougherty, Katherine."

"Yes, Miss Dougherty. Welcome, we are thrilled to have you for a two night stay, checking out Sunday?" I nodded. "Your friend checked in about forty minutes ago. Are you celebrating anything?"

"We were college roommates. Best friends from our youth. Just meeting up for a girl's weekend."

She smiled, "I live in Georgia but will be working in Washington DC for the next few months. We haven't seen each other in a while."

"Well Miss Dougherty, we are thrilled you decided to spend your weekend here. Now, as I shared with Miss Kaufman, you have a balcony suite overlooking the grounds. Your reservation does include breakfast in the main restaurant or room service whichever you prefer."

She handed me a key, "Do you need assistance with your bags?"

"No, I just have the two and can manage. Do you happen to have a running course on property? I wanted to take a nice run tomorrow before breakfast."

"There is a list of amenities in your room that does explain the course, fitness center, pool, spa and sauna."

I thanked her and took my key and then made my way out to my Jeep, I grabbed my backpack and one suitcase. The other with my uniforms could wait. I needed a kiss, a hug and a shower, not really in that order.

I was excited and slightly nervous when I gently knocked on the door as I slid the key into the lock then turned it to the right. The door was pulled open for me.

I paused, just seeing her beauty. She was glowing, a sight of wonderment, she was smiling as tears of joy streamed down her face. I stepped in, the door closed behind me. I dropped my suitcase, my backpack and my purse.

She slowly smiled, then we wrapped each other in a hug both exhaling, both just being together.

"Mary Beth, I love you and miss you so much." I held her, my hands moving smoothly up and down her back. Just soothing movements.

We both pulled back, I winked at her and drew her lips to mine in a soft kiss, another, and then another. She took a deep breath in and pressed womanhood closer, grinding me. I broke the kiss.

"Baby, I love you. You know I do, but I have been driving for 11 hours. I need a shower before we get too. Umm, well you know." I kissed her lips softly.

She bent forward and kissed my neck. "Hmm yes you smell like my lover, my fiancée and of the sweetest aroma I can ever imagine."

I pulled back and just shook my head, "Baby, I am going to take a shower. Why don't you pick out a nice blouse and skirt for me to wear for dinner tonight from my bag."

She frowned slightly, "We have reservations downstairs at 8:00 don't forget. Happy hour drinks at the bar, then dinner, then me loving you, I promise."

I decided to crank up the tease. "Tonight we will be romantic and not hurried; we can do "hurried love" later. I want to romance you."

I slowly pulled off my SnapBack, my t-shirt off exposing my torso, my cotton bra cupped breasts, then over my head, shaking my hair. I handed her my t-shirt. I winked then I unbuttoned my shorts letting them fall to the carpeted floor. I slipped out of my shoes. I winked again, then slipped off my bra, handed it to her, blew her a kiss then teased.

"Oh and by the way, you are doing my hair."

She just smiled as I turned towards the bathroom. As I was ready to step into the bathroom, I slipped my thumbs into my everyday cotton panties excruciatingly slow pulled them over the curve of my bum, I bent forward, legs straight then pushed them down my calves, then to the floor.

That's when I heard her, "Stop teasing, I am already dressed and can't join you."

I blew her a final kiss and stepped into the shower.

The shower was so refreshing and woke me as I washed the 11 plus hours' drive, stress and grime away. As I toweled off, I saw the very sexy panties and bra sitting on the vanity. I wrapped my whole body in the bath sheet and turned on the hair dryer.

I saw her appear in the mirror. Her right hand moved up, taking my hand which held the hair dryer then the left taking my brush. I relented, allowing her to work her magic.

I turned to look in the mirror and just smiled. She was amazing, slightly curled, some to the front, some to the back.

"Not much make up baby, you are a natural beauty, please?" She kissed my cheek, her hand reaching up and removed the towel. Her fingers grazed my sides then down my hips. There was a subtle squeeze of my bum, a wink then another kiss as she stepped out allowing me to dress.

Wearing a dark lavender skirt, an eggshell blouse and black flats, I took her by the hand as we made our way to the lobby bar for a glass of wine.

We sat ordering a glass of wine, I went to excuse myself telling Mary Beth and the bartender I would be right back as I needed to check in with the maître' d making them aware that we were at the bar for when our table was ready.

He paused, "Miss, please have a seat, I will take care of that for you. Your last name?"

"Dougherty "He nodded and picked up his phone.

Mary Beth and I sat there, not a care in the world, enjoying each other's company. It was at the top of the hour, when the bartender let us know that our table was ready.

He asked for our wine glasses indicating he would bring them to our table.

As we were to be seated the host held out the chair for Mary Beth first while I waited at mine and then held my chair for me as we were both seated. Mere moments later, the waiter and his assistant came over with a small basket of bread and glasses of water.

Another woman walked over presenting the tray which carried our refreshed glasses of wine.

The waiter inquired if we were celebrating anything.

"We are lifelong friends meeting in the 6th grade, high school friends and college roommates. Enjoying a girl's weekend and catching up on our lives." Mary Beth looked at me and I continued, "I lived down south and will be working in the DC area for a few months."

The waiter explained the main menu and the specialties of the evening and said he would give us a few minutes to review the menu.

This was the romantic meal I wanted for us.

Mary Beth just looked at me and said that she wished she could be as open as she wanted in public then she leaned forward and whispered.

"I often dream and reflect happily on the day you proposed. It was the most magical moment of my life."

I winked at her, "The most magical moment is yet to come, one day when it is acceptable for me to slip an engagement then wedding ring on your finger and you do the same." We toasted quietly to our love and commitment to each other.

"Mine and mine alone, from now until the end of eternity." She repeated then winked at me.

We had a wonderful dinner. Mine a light pork chop with a mushroom sauce, brown rice and asparagus. Hers, chicken in a similar mushroom sauce, potatoes with dill and broccoli. We shared a small piece of tiramisu we shared with our coffees for dessert.

As we walked out of the restaurant and into the main lobby. I asked if she would like to take an evening stroll outside and on the grounds of the resort.

She nodded, "A short one please." Then she smiled a wicked, wicked smile. "I have plans for you."

We lazy walked the grounds of the Bedford Springs resort stopping at moments looking from side to side waiting for the perfect time for a soft touch or for the quick kiss. We found a bench underneath a few tall trees away from the fire circle but still allowing us to enjoy its glow. We took a seat just reflecting on the beauty of the evening.

We looked up into the sky; I let my left hand drop down and came to rest between our legs. Gingerly, I reached over and touched her skirt with the backside of my fingers. Slowly I stroked her leg lower, coming in contact with her bare skin. Movements of passion and purpose just the two of us together, not concerned about those that might see.

It was then that I heard her start to hum softly. The music she was creating solidified the night we were about to share.

"How peaceful is this." More of a statement, not a question she said.

"How romantic to share with my one true love. The one I feel I was meant to be with, the one whom I cherish with every breath I take." I replied.

We each needed this weekend as the stress in our lives collected individually yet these challenges and stressors were felt collectively between us as a couple.

I took a deep breath and let it out slowly. I gently leaned my head against her right shoulder and whispered in her ear asking.

"If there was one wish that I could make come true for you, what would it be?"

She responded, "The list was way too long for simply one wish. I would need to ask for a dozen wishes. My most important wish comes true when we are together. Just time shared with you and I being the couple we want to be."

And with that I placed a soft kiss on her cheek and whispered in her ear how much I truly loved her. I then teased her by telling her I wanted to take her to bed.

We walked hand-in-hand back to the resort but as we grew closer I let her hand go and looked at her and went and whispered I was just being safe.

Once safely inside the room and the door closed and locked I drew her into my arms for a beautiful kiss. That night we made beautiful love to one another then spent the night lying in each other's arms, as content as content as once could possibly be.

We eventually fell asleep in each other's arms, each whispering to each other the depths of love and devotion we had for one another.

I woke up again feeling Mary Beth's chin resting on my chest. Her left hand lay gently just below my breasts. Her thumb just stroked my under breast. I opened my eyes looking into hers which drew an immediately full smile. She kissed me and nipped at my lower lip.

I playfully pulled back and drew my hands up her torso, slowly stroking her back. My right hand coming to her shoulder then slid down, just my fingertips grazing her soft skin.

She released my lip and said, "Don't you dare!"

I smile innocently, "What."

"Don't you dare Katherine!"

I smiled a wicked smile, "You don't trust me?" I moved my fingers gently across her back and shoulder and with my other, down her arm.

"Katherine!" She said through closed teeth, "Please don't. I will pee on this bed if you tickle me!"

"We wouldn't want that, now would we?"

"Mary Beth, I know you won't like this but I need to get up for a short jog, I promise no more than 30 min."

She frowned. "Baby, I need to, I have a PT test Monday morning and I sat in the car all day yesterday and will not want to run tomorrow morning."

I bent forward and kissed her. "Now, I normally don't do this but because I love you," I winked at her, "you can help me shower when I come back. Then we can lie near the pool, sit in the hot tub, play in the sauna and then come back to the room making love all day."

I bent forward and kissed her again.

"And if you want, breakfast on the balcony after our shower!" I winked.

She kissed me. "Go get sweaty while I sleep more dreaming of washing your body."

As I rolled from bed, bent over and dug into my suitcase, I heard her humming. I dressed, walked back over, kissed her deeply and said, "Yes and I will wash you from head to toe when I get back." I kissed her then off I went.

True to my word, I was back in the room within thirty minutes but I was sweaty. I opened the door quietly, I saw Mary Beth was in bed, facing away from the door. I slipped off my shoes, walked over to the bed and whispered in her ear that I was back.

As normal, I jumped in the shower, clothes and all stripping down and rinsing out my bra, top, shorts and spandex. She walked in, stepped into the shower, and got in behind me hugging me tight. I just loved feeling her breasts pressing into my back. Her arms wrapped around me.

"MB, love, I am sweaty, really not sexy."

She kissed my neck, wrapping her hands around me tighter and brought her thumbs up and teased my nipples.

"I know and I will wash you clean, shave your legs, then take you, my fiancée to bed and make love to her."

And that is what we did. We tenderly washed each other, from head to toe. I was putty in her hands as she washed my hair. Her fingers and nails scratching and caressing my scalp had me tingling all over.

Each tender touch, though done with the intent of cleaning the other, was done with a tease. Once clean, she kissed down my body, wrapping her hands up and down my thighs and calves, she knelt down and said "Your legs baby. They are sandpaper."

"They are not!"

She didn't relent. I think she wanted to play. This was a first for me letting MB shave my legs. I was so afraid but the sensual romance of it had me flowing.

We moved to the bed enjoying each other. We were one, lovers; we felt the other and focused on the other. I found no better feeling than her touching me, caressing me. Her kisses were just the most magical feeling ever.

Afterwards, I basked in the feeling of MB being wrapped in my arms. My still hard nipples pressed into her back as I kissed her bare shoulder and neck. It was a feeling of wonderment and other purest satisfaction.

That afternoon we went out for a nice walk around the resort. We stole a few kisses and just spent time together. The nature trail, which I ran on partially today, was quiet, peaceful and scenic.

We paused at a rock formation, as if it was a love seat for two made by Mother Nature herself.

"Kathie." I turned my head looking at her and then took her hands in mine.

"I don't want to ruin this moment but I wondered ... "She stopped short.

My thumbs stroking the backs of her hands, "Go ahead, I promise we have had more difficult conversations."

"Last night, you were mumbling in your sleep. I love you and one day will live with you. What's wrong?"

"Mary Beth" I leaned forward and kissed her. I held her hands tighter. "Look, my father and I had a conversation and I haven't heard from him for a few weeks." Her eyes went wide.

"What!"

"Mary Beth, it's okay. We are working through it but I am just not happy with myself. I made a pretty bad mistake"

"Katherine, you must fix this. Baby, he is the solid barrier between my father's suspicions and our relationship. I can't afford it..." The look of fear in her eyes was never stronger. "Plus I do not want to come between you and your family. I can't accept that stress."

I leaned forward and kissed her. "Okay! Okay! I will fix it." I touched her, a quick tickle then I stood pulling her into a hug. "When was the last time you had a toe curling orgasm before lunch?"

She swatted at my shoulder. "This needs to be fixed Katherine, I am not kidding."

I kissed her and responded I would, and then repeated, "When was the last time you had a toe curling orgasm before lunch?"

She blushed and kissed me. We walked with soft touches and teasing words back to the room. Spending the better part of the afternoon in bed.

***

Sunday morning was very loving and quiet. We lay in bed just cuddling and being together. I looked at the clock.

"Baby, breakfast will be here soon. Let's eat on the balcony and then have a conversation. Okay?"

She nodded, got out of bed, went to the bathroom, she returned putting on a t-shirt that covered her bum. She looked at me and blew me a kiss. "Opps, I don't have any more clean panties." I laughed.

I got up, put on panties and a long t-shirt and did what I needed in the bathroom. Stepping back into the room, I saw the room service cart pushed into the room. I grabbed my bowl of fruit, a banana, an empty cup and a carafe of coffee, and then walked out to the balcony. I placed everything on the table and shifted my chair closer to Mary Beth.

"Baby, let's talk about my job." I took a sip of coffee and took her hand.

"I love my job and have been told I am doing well as a nurse. I have received wonderful feedback from my manager, peers and patients." I paused, looking at her

"However, and this is most important, I miss you every day and at times cry myself to sleep wanting to hold you. I have two years remaining on my ROTC contract but have a chance to move to Washington DC in a year. I just need to prove my skills and my capabilities. What do you want me to do?"

Our conversation was going to last longer than the amount of coffee we had. We each shared thoughts and concerns. I explained how at some point before the next year is over, I would need to tell the Army if I wanted to stay or if I would leave.

"I need you to help me with this decision. I do not need an answer now but let's continue to talk about this as time goes by. Okay love?"

Mary Beth was smiling but I could see the anxiety in face.

"Kath, I am going to go take my shower, if you are interested." She winked and walked back inside. I was definitely interested.

We enjoyed an early lunch and checked out. It was just shy of noon when I loaded up the Cj7 and headed south to Walter Reed.

***

On Sunday just before. 5:00 pm, I arrived at Walter Reed Army Hospital. I found my way to the Training Company headquarters and signed in TDY. I was assigned my VOQ and got settled in for the next four months.

I read the school instructions and as expected, the first formation was at 5:30 for accountability and just after Reveille we would take a Physical Fitness test. A minimum of 60 points in each event, pushups, sit ups and a two miles run. I was ready for this. All those hours in the fitness center. My previous APFT scores were all well above 260 so I expected nothing less.

Summertime in Washington, D.C. can be brutally warm and humid but it isn't Georgia warm. I have that advantage of being climitized to warmer weather. Regardless, I was up early, drinking a little bit of water ensuring I was hydrated and ready for the PT test. I always worry about the number of pushups I am able to do before my arms give out. The sit ups and two-miles run are of no concern. I am usually stellar.

Right on time we assembled for formation at 5:30, and then at 6:00 Reveille sounded. We were broken into groups for the PT test as I expected I did moderately well on the push-ups, completing 39 repetitions, which gave me a raw score of 90 points.

I was able to do 68 sit ups which is a raw score of 84 points which was disappointing. I finished my 2 miles run in 15 1/2 minutes which maximized that score for me of 100.

Overall I was the top female performer for the PT test which really had no bearing. This was all about being a critical care nurse. We were excused from the PT test to shower and change into uniforms for the first day of orientation.