My Journey Ch. 03 - Katherine

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

We eventually stopped acting like little teenyboppers and made our way into her apartment. Once settled down, I called my father and mother letting them know quietly, very quietly, that I had made it to Mary Beth's and that we would be over at Noon as we agreed to. Father insisted that I come over myself and Mary Beth could come later, ensuring the rules were intact.

As soon as I hung up the phone, I felt as if I was attacked, in a good way. Mary Beth had started undressing me; the first to go was my SnapBack.

"Stop hiding this beautiful head of hair." She chided me, running her fingers through my hair, "I do not like you wearing hats. I am going to burn them my dear love."

Next off was my shirt, bra and then she dropped to her knees. I needed to slow her at that point. Reaching down, I gently took hold of her hands, and pulled them away from my body and started lifting her back up. She stood slowly, her eyes now staring into mine. Now face to face, I kissed her deeply, wrapping my arms around her.

"Hmm I missed this. Baby, can we shower first? Together?"

Mary Beth smiled, and gently took my hand walking me to her bedroom. She started stripping in front of me as I stood there. I was in awe of her movements, her sensuality, and her love. As she dropped her panties to the floor, she made her way over to me and kissed my lips once more.

I stood in awe as I witnessed the most erotic dance she ever performed. I felt her hands come to my sides, her lips connecting with my neck in soft kisses. Her hands roaming my body, her fingers lightly teasing my skin. She moved behind me, pressing her naked breasts against my back, my now taunt nipples ached, my body started to quiver, I leaned my head back.

Her kisses continued on my neck, her finger grazing my skin down my back. She teased me as her hands traveled around my front, up to my breasts then down to my shorts. She popped the button, and then tugged at the zipper with one hand as the other gained access. Now both hands are playing with my body knowing exactly how to entice me for more. Her hands moved to my shorts and panties helping me step out of them.

She held my hand as we walked into her bathroom enjoying a sensual, romantic and highly erotic shower. We stepped from the shower, Mary Beth started drying me. She was teasing me, purposefully. Light touches, obviously ignoring my hair which continued to drip down my back.

Once I was semi dry, I took a fresh towel patting her dry, teasing her as much as possible. I took my time. I was slow and gentle with my movements. Ensuring she knew I was focused on her and her enjoyment alone.

As I finished her legs and torso, she turned and took the towel from my hand. A few quick swipes through my hair then she slowly started teasing my hair with her hands and fingers.

I leaned back, my head falling against her but she gently moved it forward. Tender touches on my scalp, knowingly teasing me. "I do not like you wearing ball caps; they hide your beautiful hair."

Her fingers continue to tease, my body on fire, her touches constantly teasing. I turn facing her; my kisses are now hurried as I seek her lips, wet, forceful, lustful and needed.

"MB, now take me MB! Take me now!"

To the bed we fell, our legs entwined around each other. Our kisses continued, our hands touching the others sex. It wasn't romantic, it was purely sexual. Each stroking and fingering the other. Moans filled the silence of the room, I wanted this, I needed this. I wanted to feel her orgasm and my orgasm, I yearned for them both.

Like a deprived wanton slut, after a final kiss, I pushed her away and turned. Crawling and scooting down the bed I pressed my face into her womanhood, and in an extremely unladylike manner I took what I wanted, kissing, nipping and licking her.

In my lust filled clouded mind I felt a need of control, giving her what I missed and wanted her to feel. She pushed me back, squealing for me to stop then I felt it, her moisture and honey cover my face.

As if a switch was flipped, I slowed, and calmly continued with gentler, loving touches and caressing movement. Allowing her to come down and enjoy the glow of her orgasm. I kissed her mons one final time then came to meet her smile face to face. My hand caressed her cheek, my thumb grazed her skin, she smiled absolutely content.

"You are naughty" She giggled as she smiled. "Kath, what you just did to me, indescribable. Here I thought I was supposed to take you."

I winked, "Yep, you owe me but I got what I wanted. I got you and that's what I wanted, just you."

I kissed her and made my way to the bathroom to freshen up.

We finished getting ready with subtle touches and hints of things to come. We strode hand in hand down the street arriving at a local diner. After a wonderful light meal, we strolled the streets of Shadyside. After thirty minutes, I whined to her in a sing songy voice, "It's has been a long daaayyy!" We headed back to her apartment with a few bottles of wine.

We changed into our 'house uniforms' and just relaxed. She smiled, not arguing at all with me. We just cuddled on the couch, MB leaning against me. Things felt just perfect.

The wine started flowing and after the first glass, I excused myself for a moment and walked back to the bedroom opening my small suitcase. I had a surprise for Mary Beth, a gift for her and for me.

I quickly stripped and put on the brand new purple mesh and lace baby doll top with matching lace panties. I loved this ensemble and I wanted her to love this. I retrieved the shopping bag from my suitcase and started down the hallways into the living room.

Walking down the hallway, I stopped and sort of sang in a girly voice, "Baby, please close your eyes! I have something for you."

I peeked around the corner and seeing her eyes closed, I walked towards her holding a little frilly shopping back. Inside the bag, a matching lace and mesh baby doll with panties but in red. I bent forward and lightly kissed her lips.

Stepping back a little, I teased her. "Hold out your hands." She did and I lopped the bag over her fingers. "Stop, no peeking!"

"Now before you open your eyes, please know there is a gift for you and a gift for me."

I picked up my now refilled wine glass, took a few small steps back attempting to strike a sexy pose, one hand on my hips, my knee bent slightly and said, "Open your eyes."

The look on her face was worth the hours of shopping, looking, hoping and trying things on.

"Kath, you are scrumptious looking." She went to stand to come close to me.

"No no no! MB open your bag for me baby." Which she did revealing her outfit.

"Oh Kath!" She said holding it up.

"Now hurry while I refill your wine glass and go get dressed."

There was a new hunger in her eyes when she turned the corner coming back in the living room. I placed my glass down taking her into my arms. Her beauty was more than I could dream of. Her soft skin and lace covered pert breasts pressed into mine, the silky feeling of her body caressing against mine, this was what I had missed for all these months.

We enjoyed several passionate kisses then returned to her couch, cuddling and enjoying another glass of wine, just spending time together.

As I took the last sip of wine, her hand gracefully moved and took the glass from my hand. Once placed on the table, she turned to me, her fingers caressing my face. She placed soft gentle kisses on my forehead, my eyes, my nose, my lips and my chin. Her fingers then caressed my face, touching the outline of my lips.

I parted my lips. Her fingers continued gently touching my lips, I kissed her fingers. We moved closer together. This was the most erotic feeling I have had in ages. Each of us now caressed the other as our kisses continued. "Please, love"

We stood and made our way to her bedroom where we enjoyed a night of love, passion and romance.

***

I woke up the next morning spooning the woman I love, holding her now naked body. The temptation grew with each breath to caress her body, wanting her to wake and enjoy more physical and emotional love. Alas, I would have her later as my love needed her sleep.

Carefully I moved from her slowly getting out of the bed, grabbing my t-shirt and panties leaving her to rest, I retreated to the kitchen. Once dressed, in the house uniform, I started the coffee and pulled my course notes from my backpack.

As I emptied my second cup of coffee, I heard the toilet flush and the door open. I stood then poured us both a cup of coffee, setting one at my place and one at hers. I returned to my seat and went back to reading.

The softness of her lips on my neck sent shivers down my spine. Her gentle touch and she kissed my lips then moved to her seat just solidified the deep love I have for her. It was emotional, physical but so loving I had nothing else to compare it to. She took a sip of coffee then thanked me. I went back to reading until I finished the current chapter. I closed the book, and my notebook placed them both in the backpack.

"Mary Beth." I was going to ask and hoped that I knew the answer, "Have you thought about the next two years?"

"Kathie, I have many thoughts but Georgia is so far away. I know you said that you have space but is there employment for me? What would I do all day?"

"What if I said there is a chance I could move to Washington DC?"

Her expression was what I had hoped for. I went on to explain to Mary Beth the conversation that Colonel Bland had with me and that there could be a chance, if I maintained for the next two months the pace I kept, that I could move to Walter Reed.

"Now don't get your hopes up too high because I don't know what the chances of this are but I know if I perform well or if I hadn't been performing well they would not have said anything to me. And I agree there wouldn't be a lot of employment opportunities for you in Georgia but in Washington DC there could be."

"Kath, I would love nothing more than that. Can you really try to make that happen? Please Kath?"

"Well then I guess when I go back, I will tell them that yes I want to do that."

I stood and moved closer to her. She backed away from the table, she turned her chair. I sat on her lap, my legs spread wide. I pressed my body to hers grinding against her warmth.

"MB, quickly take me to bed and make love to me. I must be with my parents before noon!"

She smiled then made a face as if she needed to think about that statement. I quickly brought my hands to her sides and started tickling her. She squirmed and giggled as I stood and ran away from her back to her bedroom.

***

I arrived home before schedule, alone greeting my parents, and siblings like normal. There was a lull in the greetings and conversation when Jilla asked if she could talk to me briefly. I looked at my mother; she nodded and asked that we go somewhere private.

We took the opportunity to go down into the basement laundry room where we knew no one would be. We had a pleasant one on one conversation. Jilla explained that she knew she had to keep this private. Rich still did not understand but my father did speak to Rich and he was coming around to support and love me.

"Where do you stand Jilla? I need to know who I can trust and who supports me."

She took my hands and said, "Love is the most important thing in life, without love, we have nothing." She pulled me into a hug and told me we had her love and support.

It was no more than 10 minutes later when from upstairs we heard noise and voices. Seconds later I heard my mother calling my name. I went upstairs only to see Mary Beth and her parents had arrived early, really early. I greeted Ralph and Rosemarie, then Mary Beth pretending we hadn't seen each other in weeks since the secret surprise trip to DC.

They went on to explain that Mary Beth insisted that they come early in the day to assist and help with that was needed. Yes, they were guests but wanted to provide help and appreciation for my father and mother hosting the picnic. I looked over at Mary Beth; she smiled a wicked, wicked grin.

I spent time with my father and my mother setting up for the picnic. Of course father handled the grill and the boys assisted in doing almost everything outside while mother, Jilla, Mary Beth, Rosemarie, along with Mary, Liz and I took care of the food prep in the kitchen.

***

We all sat in my parent's backyard enjoying a wonderful Fourth of July cookout and time spent together with family and friends.

As the sun fell and the day turned into night, we gathered watching as the fireworks exploded in the sky above.

I could only wish that I was able to sit with Mary Beth holding her hand while the fireworks lit up the night sky. Once they were over, Ralph and Rosemarie announced that they were going to head home. They thanked everyone for a wonderful day offering their blessing for all. They finished saying it was nice to see me as it had been quite a while.

I asked Mary Beth if she would step inside with me and help collect the now clean dishes and utensils that her parents brought so they could take them home.

Once inside, I whispered to Mary Beth that I had a last surprise for her before she went home. I shared my sadness of how I would not be allowed to spend the night with her following my father's rules. I reached into my purse and pulled out two entrance tickets for Kennywood, which I bought at Giant Eagle.

"Tomorrow, we can enjoy the day like we did all those years ago."

She laughed and said that the Haunted Hideaway was now themed as a big orange cat ride but she was certain that we would have just as much fun as we did the last time we rode it. I kissed her quickly good night promising I would pick her up at 10:00am.

We had a wonderful day at the amusement park and really enjoyed our time together. Unfortunately we weren't able to enjoy as much affection as we wanted to share but we both understood. We did agree that the old Haunted Hideaway was a whole lot nicer than this big orange cat ride but we did sneak a few kisses when the moment allowed.

Arriving home, I found my father and mother sitting on the back porch, so I decided to join them. We enjoyed one last conversation. I decided I wouldn't discuss the future with them as there were too many unknowns but loved sitting with them, just spending time together.

Sunday morning I woke early, went for a long slow run coming home in time to shower and change for church. I packed my Jeep under the guise that I was driving to Walter Reed after church. After Mass we went home for a brief chat as I changed ready to head back. I hugged my parents and my siblings thanking them for a wonderful weekend and headed 'home'.

I parked my Jeep in the hospital parking garage down the street from Mary Beth's apartment. I grabbed my backpack and small suitcase walking the block to Mary Beth's apartment. I buzzed at the door. It was a few seconds later when the lock disengaged. I walked down the hallway only to see Mary Beth outside the door looking very sad.

I approached, "What's wrong?" I could tell something serious was wrong as she pushed the apartment door open. Standing there was her brother Ben. I put my bag and backpack in the hallway closet then closed the apartment door.

"Hi Ben" I tried to sound cheerful. "I was stopping by to chat with you sister before heading home."

He shook his head looking me dead in the eyes and said, "Try again. Tell me what is going on with you two."

Okay, tearing off the bandage was my first thought. I looked at Mary Beth. Her expression told me all I needed to be told. She needed me and I was there to take care of her. I took her hand in mine.

"Ben, let's have a seat and chat."

I planned on spending my afternoon and evening in bed with Mary Beth. I didn't plan for my afternoon to be spent explaining to a college aged man, specifically, my lover's brother, that I was deeply in love with his sister and that we were in fact in a Sapphic relationship.

Yep, instead of making love to my beautiful girlfriend, I was explaining to Ben how I loved her and how she loved me. We simply asked for his understanding and support. Ben wasn't argumentative but he questioned faith, what true love was marriage and how we would live once this all came out.

That part of the conversation we told him was partially private and when the time came we would discuss that with those who needed to know, especially parents.

In the end, he told us that understood and wouldn't tell their parents. It was just before 3:00 when Ben said he was heading back home. I stepped into the bedroom, giving them some space and privacy.

A few minutes later, Mary Beth asked that I join her in the living room. We cuddled on the couch, later sharing a light dinner. After dinner, I shushed her back to shower and dress sexy for me and I would tidy up her apartment before I joined her.

We made love that night; there was a little sadness as I was going back to DC. Yet there was a closeness we hadn't felt in a while. Passion filled my heart as all I cared about was her. In the wee hours of the morning as I returned from the bathroom my girlfriend practically molested me and with a final kiss she reminded me how much she loved me.

We kissed softly Monday afternoon as I headed south enjoying a five hours drive refreshed and ready to attack the last two months of this course.

August 1986

This course has challenged me like never before. In the beginning, I wasn't aware that I would learn more about anatomy, physiology or pharmacology but I absolutely had. Physics and respiratory therapy procedures were not as challenging. I am not being rude, it's just advanced nursing.

What did challenge me were psychological and sociological problems. Next week we would finish up with ethical and legal considerations as we cared for critical patients, those would be challenging.

***

The twenty five of us attending the course had become closer professionally and some were closer personally.

On Friday of the last full week a few classmates were going out later for a few drinks, they were meeting at 5:00. I was invited but declined, explaining I was going to head back to the VOQ and relax and enjoy the weekend preparing for the last few days of the course.

I collected my books and notes. I threw my backpack over my shoulder and headed out. I was walking out of the area when I heard my name; it was our senior cadre instructor. I turned backtracking and stopped at his door.

Before I could knock on his door he waved me in, asked that I close the door and took a seat, which I did. He then dialed a phone number and when the call was answered I heard him, "Colonel Bland, I have Lieutenant Dougherty here with me." Then I heard a "Yes Sir" as he put the call on speakerphone.

"Good Friday afternoon to you Lieutenant Dougherty." I returned his greeting.

"I want you to know that earlier today I spoke with the Nurse Corps branch assignments officer. Your orders for reporting to Walter Reed as a Critical Care Nurse will be cut with an effective reporting date of February 5th 1997.

He continued, "I know this seems quick but decisive leaders make decisive decisions and you've impressed the hell out of us while you've been here at this course."

I was stunned. "Sir, thank you so much. I am humbled and honored and look forward to this challenge in my career." I paused, "Sir may I ask, is this going to cause any problems with my chain of command at Fort Stewart?"

He laughed saying, "Don't you worry about that Lieutenant we have handled that on our end. I've already made the phone calls necessary, including one to your Chief Nurse. We go back a whole lot of years. I have a personal conversation with her."

"Thank you sir! I look forward to this next chapter in my career. If there's anything else I need to do to prepare for my move please let me know." I said