My New Life Ch. 09

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I pulled my pants back up from around my ankles and the girls stooped to get their shorts back on. We found a couple of what looked like clean dish towels in one of the cabinets and got one wet wiping down the bar cleaning up the mess.

It was none too soon either. I heard a truck pulling in and we scurried to hide the evidence of our sex play. It was Tom, he had gotten there a little early.

I composed myself and walked outside to met him in hopes of keeping him out of the office.

"Hey Tom, glad you could make it." I said.

"Hi Scott. Congratulations on getting this going again and good luck."

"So, what was it you wanted to talk about?"

"Let's walk to the back of the office."

When we got out back I said, "See where they had added a two bay garage to the duplex and office area?"

"Yeah."

"Well, rather than just make it for the office, could we not expand it making a third bay?"

"That should be pretty easy to do. It just needs some more footers for the third bay and open up the existing outer wall. You would want to wait until the corrections are made to the site and you have the full purchase done. I think the corrections will be done by the COB next Tuesday weather permitting. I have a crew that will be finishing a roofing job this Friday and would be free to start on Wednesday next week if the purchase is complete." He said. "Oh, you might want to run it by Sid so he can update the drawings and go before the commissioners to get approval."

"I'd like to add a utility shed at some point to keep a mower and other tools there as well."

"Should be doable as well."

"Thanks, that is what I wanted to hear.

"Also, the foremen for the subs should be here in a few minutes to look over what needs to be corrected. The site crew will be starting in the morning and the building crew with be here tomorrow afternoon. Electrician will be here Monday afternoon." Tom said. "I'll be stopping by at least twice a day for surprise visits until the corrections are done."

"Well, thanks again for coming past to discuss the changes. I need to get going, the girls and I are headed shopping for some office furniture."

"My pleasure, and thanks again for planning on hiring me as the GC to finish the project."

"Talking to Sid, I felt that you were the best to finish and could do so quicker already knowing the project." I said. "See you tomorrow probably."

"Later." He said.

----------------------------------------

"Well girls, let's put together a list of what's needed in the office so we can run to the office supply and order for delivery." I said.

"I'll start listing what I think we need and if you see anything that I'm missing chime in."

After about 10 minutes of discussion we had our list together.

"Looks like a pretty good list to start. Thanks for you help."

"Unless one or both of you wants to go back home, let's head to office supply store to get the bigger items ordered for delivery. We may have to go to a hardware or housewares store for some of this."

"I'm in." Kenz said.

"Not going anywhere. Let's go" Kala said.

We got to the office supply store and I grabbed someone to help.

We found most of the office things we needed. I deferred the computer stuff till later.

The items were scheduled to deliver to the complex office at 9:30 tomorrow.

We had to go to a department store for the kitchen items and we loaded that into the back of the truck for me to take back to the office tomorrow.

I will have to find the appliances elsewhere and have them delivered.

I took the girls back home and dropped them off kissing them both goodbye thanking them for the afternoon delight.

To which Kenz replied, "Believe me it was our pleasure." Grinning.

"I agree." Said Kala with an equally big grin.

"I'll probably be at the complex tomorrow afternoon when you get off at DQ so if you want to come by and see what I have set up so far."

"See you tomorrow." They both said at the same time.

'It just astounds me how they do that.'

I headed towards home.

----------------------------------------

I got into town and stopped past the GM dealer on my way home.

Sam, one of the guys I went to high school with was the assistant sales manager.

"Hey Sam." as I walked into the showroom.

"Well if it isn't money bags." he replied with a grin. "Wondered when you were going to show up. Ready to trade in that pickup?"

I just shook my head. "Not today but maybe soon."

"I stopped across the river the other day and test drove a gold GMC Colorado. I've decided to go ahead and purchase it to pull behind the RV that I got last week."

"I'd prefer to get it locally through you guys if I could."

"So that was your spiffy motor home I saw turning off the highway Sunday headed toward your place huh?"

"Yeah. The girls and I were getting back from Kentucky Lake."

"I'd heard rumors about you and those foxy twins from Fairfield. So it's true then?"

"More or less." I grinned.

"I'm gonna go with more." he chided. "OK, about the Colorado. You say it's the gold one on the lot there?"

"Yeah, I know the new model run isn't until next spring so I suspect it might take a bit to get a new one ordered and delivered soon so I was hoping that you being a GMC dealer as well you might be able to do a pickup from them so I could buy locally. This will be a cash deal of course and would like your bottom dollar price. Oh, and I will be looking for a new daily drive truck soon as well. Just not today." 'Trying to give him some incentive to cut me a deal on the Colorado.'

"We can do that. I'll call over there and have them send me the particulars on it and see what we can work up. Who did you talk to on the test drive?"

I dug out my wallet and got Trey's business card and handed it to him. "Trey Smith." I said.

"Cool, Trey is an alright guy. He and I have been in a few training sessions together. Glad it was him you talked to so he can get the credit. Leave me your cell number and I'll call you when I have something for you. Probably late tomorrow at the earliest."

"Next couple of days will be fine. See you later then." and left heading home to get some supper and load my tools for the office setup tomorrow.

----------------------------------------

Got home and found that Lance had left me the figures for the combine trade. Fixed me a quick sandwich for supper and gave him a call.

"Hey Scott," when he answered, "Busy day?"

"Yeah, hey, the Defender for the farm will be here in the morning around 10ish fully loaded. If you don't mind, I thought instead of giving the mule away, that I might take it up to the apartment complex to use there."

"So the complex is a go then?"

"Yeah, signed the contract just after lunch. Headed back there tomorrow to receive the office furniture and began setting it up. Need to stop on the way at Reed's appliances to see what he can do for a fridge, dishwasher and stove, range, microwave combo for it and maybe one of the duplexes since I may have to overnight there some when construction gets started up again."

"Sweet. I'm good with letting you take the mule up there. Guess you found the figures on the combine swap?"

"Yeah, what are your feelings on the price?" I asked.

"I talked to a couple of guys at the terminal today that has that model and they both really like it. Told them what we were planning on trading and what the cost was going to be and they both said that was a good deal. I suspect Lee thinks he might get more business from us in the not too distant future."

"Well after looking over the quote and with what you just said you learned from the other farmers. Let's go ahead and get the bigger unit. I know we have to stay with the 8 row corn head for now to match the existing planter rows for this season but should we decide to get a bigger planter then we can switch to a 12 row later if needed. If you want go ahead and get the bigger bean head since it doesn't have to match planter rows." I said.

"OK, I'll call Lee tomorrow and tell him to go ahead and get the bigger combine ready with the bigger bean head. When do you want to go and make the deal?"

"I can go down there tomorrow right after lunch. Oh, and be sure delivery and haul away of the old combine is included in the deal."

"Lee said that was given."

"Good, I'll probably see you in the morning before I head back to Reed's and Fairfield. Goodnight." And we disconnected.

----------------------------------------