My Wife in Another Woman's Arms

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

That was the thing that bugged me. I didn't know, and our lives were happy. Thinking back as I had been doing lately. Sophie was happier during those two months than she had been in a long time. That rubbed off on me, as well. Our lives had been amazing.

Ember nodded, seeing my gears turning. "See dude, that's what I'm talking about... She was happy right... Happier than she had been for a long time. She needs that... If you embraced it rather than fighting it. Your life would be better for it."

"So all I have too do is let her sleep with you occasionally and I'd have a perfect life?"

"No dude, that's not it. I'll be gone bro. It's not me, but it will be another woman. If she could be open with you, and you knew and liked the person. It could be cool for you. Yah get it... Share it baby. Share her. You don't own her dude. She's her own self."

"I don't want to own her."

"That's choice dude. I like that. Now open your mind a little, let it expand. Would her having a friend, like me really hurt you?"

"I don't know Ember. It's not the way I live. In my world, being a couple means that. She told me she agreed with me. It's the fact she lied to me."

"Bro, she lied because she thought it was her only option. You're hard to break down dude. You are too rigid, to straight. The world isn't straight. The only straight lines on this planet are man made. We are conditioned to think the way we do. It suits those who rule this world to have people think that way. Makes us easier to control."

"Yeah, maybe..."

"Dude, listen to me. Try it. What do you have to lose? What harm would there be in trying?"

"I'd get hurt again."

She reached across the bar and grabbed both my hands in hers, and squeezed. "Dude, you go into it with your eyes open. With your expectations set low. If it doesn't work, then you have closure. The door is shut for both of you. At the moment all she can think about is you. She wants you, and it's driving me crazy seeing her hurting."

"I dunno... I'm not sure I'm capable."

"Oh fuck off dude. You write beautiful songs. I have heard some. You are capable of whatever you want. Jesus, at least fucking try, don't give up without a fight. You're not a fucking wimp, don't walk away, that's the cowards way. You're better than that."

Wally, appeared beside us. "You all right Prentiss?"

Ember, laughed drunkenly. "Piss off Wally, or I'll take you outside and fuck you up."

"Ember, shut up. You couldn't do it even if you were sober." He glanced at me, and her hands holding mine. "You okay bro?"

"Yeah mate. All good. She's not driving home though. Could you take time off to drive her?"

He nodded. "Yeah, I got it."

She watched him walk away. She smiled. "Thanks dude." She whispered as I went off to serve some other customers.

When I got back, she was leaving with Wally. "Bitch." I said in my head.

She was asking me to change everything. All my values, the way I lived, loved. Was it even possible?

That weekend, I was playing a Sunday session at Styx on the waterfront. That was one of my favourite locations. Sunday were out on the deck overlooking the harbour.

I was setting up, bent over plugging in leads when I was dragged out of my thoughts about a set list. "Hey Prentiss."

Standing there was Sophie and Ember. "Hey, Sophie... Ember."

Ember, laughed snidely. "Wow, see, now that's how it's done. A start at least. I'm not skanky slut any more."

"Oh, you're still who you are. I was just being polite."

She laughed. "Bullshit, you like me, don't try to hide it."

I chuckled. "Okay, you're growing on me like a cancer, or a wart."

"Choice, I'll settle for wart, so long as it's not on your dick."

"You'd be so lucky." I threw back quickly, and burst out laughing.

"Nah, that wouldn't be luck, where you put it, now that might be lucky. I wouldn't mind being in there."

"Jesus, you're a dirty thing."

Sophie, who had just watched the whole interchange with a confused frown asked. "What time do you start?"

"Twelve thirty."

She glanced at Ember, and said. "We should order, and find a table." Turning to me she said. "I could get you a drink if you have time before you go on?"

Checking my phone, I nodded. "Sweet, only a glass, not a pint thanks."

They got a table right in front facing the stage. They were already seated when I walked over and sat with them. "How have you been Sophie?"

"Busy, works been crazy, and I've got a few more classes at the gym now. I don't see you there any more. Given up on your yoga?"

"No, I just work out at home now. I've started Tai Chi as well."

"Wow, look at you. Guess you don't need me any more."

"I only stopped coming because of our separation."

"Don't do that Prentiss. I'd love to see you there as often as you can."

"Yeah, okay, maybe I'll come along if I can get time off."

"You better be good today. The price of the food here is off the fucking wall."Ember said.

"When you go to pay, tell them you're my guests. You'll get a twenty percent discount."

"Look at you the big star." Ember said mockingly.

"Hey, the offers there. If it offends you. Pay full price."

"Fuck, chill dude. I was joking."

Yeah, I was still touchy about her. "What exactly so you do Ember... Prostitute? Stripper, cam girl?"

She sniggered laughing at me. "Nice to know you think I'm pretty enough. Nah, I'm a graphic designer."

"Oh, that must be interesting?"

"Yeah, better class of customer than hookers get, but not as interesting to talk to."

I chuckled softly with her. "Yeah, hookers must get some weird shit thrown at them. Almost as bad as barmen."

"Yeah, you must hear some stories all right."

"Oh yeah, I've heard them all. Cheating wives, sacked, lost everything. I get all of them."

Sophie, was cast as a bit part. She sat there staring back and forth without speaking. Finishing my drink, I said. "Sorry, gotta go, work calls."

"Come back when you have your break." Sophie called.

The set went well, I played mostly my own songs, with a few favourite covers thrown in for good measure. Every song was met with rapturous applause from the table in the centre. Applause wasn't something I usually got from a Sunday crowd. Sophie and Ember, seemed to guilt some of the other patrons into joining in.

Yeah, silly really, but it lifted me, and I dug deeper and let my spirits soared a little. It always brought out the best in me, seeing people into my songs, my lyrics, my performance.

As I stepped down off the little stage. I was surrounded as I often am by people looking for CD's or somewhere they could buy my music. It drove home my desires to actually record something.

The bar staff brought over my BLT, and a beer. I walked over to the table to sit with Sophie and Ember. I needed the beer, my throat was hoarse.

"Wow, you get better every time I hear you." Sophie, gushed enthusiastically.

"Dude, I gotta say, that was choice. You are sorta okay." Ember, added almost begrudgingly.

"Wow, high praise from the music critic." I joked.

"Nah, I was pulling yah tit. You are good. I loved a couple of those songs dude."

"Thanks."

She frowned a little as she stared at me. "Sorry for eavesdropping, but I overheard you talking to those people when you finished your set. Why haven't you got some stuff recorded? I'm telling yah bro. You'd make a killing at these gigs. Like, you turned away ten people there."

"Yeah, I know. I've been trying, but it's so expensive. Plus I haven't been able to find somebody I get along with, who'll listen to what I want. Who'll work with me."

Sophie, said. "If it's money I could help. The yoga classes have been going well."

"Thanks, but no. It's not just the money. It's finding the right people to work with. I know nothing about recording. I've talked to a few studio owners but they either want to turn my songs into pop, or they want to control me. I want somebody who'll listen to what I want and work with me."

"Would you be interested in a small home recording studio?" Ember, said staring questioningly at me.

"Yeah, that's pretty much what I'm after. I can't afford to go down the big studio route."

"Okay, how much have you got to spend?" She said.

"About fifteen grand."

"I have a friend, an old and dear friend. She has a home studio, and she's awesome dude, like really sweet. This is the sort of shit she listens too, so I think she'd be interested."

Curious, I sniped. ""You have a friend..."

"Smart arse. I have lots actually."

"This girl, she's a friend of yours?"

"Yeah, old friend."

"Where does she live?" I asked curiously.

"Ruby bay, why. Are you interested?"

"Yeah, I'd like to meet her if nothing else."

"Choice.. I'll give her a call, see if she's keen."

Sophie, giggled surprised I suppose by Ember, and me actually communicating. "Never thought I'd see that, no yelling."

I finished my meal, and a couple of drinks, before it was time to start my second set. It started off great, but as a few punters got up and moved some tables to dance. My pleasant buzz took a hit. Sophie and Ember, joined the crowd, and they danced seductively, ignoring the people around them. I wasn't the only one staring. I think every bloke in the place had their eyes glued to the sensuous undulating, gyrating bodies as they swayed and writhed together.

Male heart beats fluctuated as the mashed their sexy bodies together. I didn't realise it was possible to be enraged and aroused at the same time.

With the set over, I started to pack up my gear and carry it out to my car. As I finished up, Ember, walked over with Sophie, in tow. "Can you get time off tomorrow afternoon?

"Yeah, probably. Why?"

I called Ella, she's gonna be home tomorrow after two o'clock. If you're available, I could pick you up, and we could go out for a squizzy?"

"No fair." Sophie pouted. I want to go as well. Couldn't we do it after four? That way I can go as well."

Ember, gave her a quick cuddle, replying. "No worries, Ella, didn't say what time. Four okay with you Prentiss?"

"Yeah, I can do that."

"All right, but if we're going out that time of the day. You're paying for dinner somewhere?"

"Fuck, talk about pushy. Yeah, I could swing that. Maybe Mapua, at the pub on the waterfront?"

"Chur that bro."

I watched as they drove off together. It still hurt, but I guess time was doing the healing thing. It wasn't as painful, and I was quietly confounded by my feelings of arousal watching them dance.

I heard the toot of the horn and walked out and jumped in the back seat.

We drove on in silence once the greetings were finished. We were at the Mapua turn off before anybody spoke, and it was Ember. "I hope you brought your wallet. Ells said she would like to come with us to dinner. She didn't want to delay her dinner to late."

"Yeah, no sweat. Does she live alone?"

"For sure dude, at least as far as I know."

"How do you know her?"

She laughed, and I caught her eyes staring at me in the rear vision mirror. "Oh you know, we worked together for a while. Then of course we dated for a bit."

"Dated... Is their a gay women in the district you haven't dated." It was my turn to use the air quotes to highlight dated. "Forget the gay bit. What I should have said is... Is there a woman in the Bay you haven't slept with?"

She giggled. "There might be a couple, but you know. I'm still young."

"Hey." Sophie, muttered.

"Come on girl, you know me. If they cute... I'm interested. We ain't made promises."

"I know." Sophie, sighed. "Doesn't mean you have to tell the world."

"Don't be all pouty. We are both free."

It was clear, Sophie. Didn't share her sentiment.

We pulled into an old overgrown hedged driveway, that led to an old farmers cottage. It was run down, hardly filling my heart with any joy. I knew there were hundreds of people who had laptops, and digital interfaces, that called their set ups a studio. As we pulled up alongside the house, my hopes sank a little lower.

It wasn't exactly a dump, but it was hardly inviting. Climbing out of the car, we were greeted by this cute little dark skinned beauty. Island, or Maori heritage somewhere down her family line. She was cute but... Hell yes, big eyes, sexy full lips, and wide curvy hips. Her dark unruly hair was pulled back in a braided pony tail.

Her and Ember, hugged and kissed. "Girl... It's been too long." Ella, gushed.

"Yeah, sorry, you know how it is."

She sneered, "Yeah, I know." Clearly Ella, felt slighted in some way. Ember, seemed to leave a lot of debris in her wake.

Sophie, was next drawn into a tight embrace. I was last, but not least. Her hug was tight, and her body warm as she held on longer than necessary.

"Prentiss, nice to meet you. Have you ever recorded anything before?"

"No, nothing. This would be my first time."

"Sweet, how many songs do you want to put down?"

"I'm not sure. I have about twenty or thirty songs. Not all of them are good enough. It will come down to cost at the end of the day."

"Do you have some favourites?"

"Yeah, probably ten that I'll definitely include."

"For sure, no probs dude. We could do that. Do you wanna go out and have a look through the studio?"

"Yeah, that'd be nice. It isn't in the house?"

"Nah, down the back."

Down the garden path we went. There it was, an old double car sized shed. In better condition than the house, but still old. My mood changed dramatically as we walked in. Holy shit, it was a proper studio. There was a vocal booth, a drum booth. Hanging on the walls were a collection of guitars. Very nice guitars at that. The drum booth had a white maple Gretch kit.

There were amps every where. A Fender twin reverb. A Vox, AC thirty. A Marshall combo. An orange terror.

The control booth had what must have been a thirty track desk. Large monitor speakers, several computers and screens. A rack full of Equalisers, digital effects, reverb and delay units, boosters.

There were mics of all makes and descriptions spread around.

"What do you think?" Ella, asked.

"Awesome. Shit, you're really well set up. How long have you been doing this?"

"Ten years or so. I've only had this set up for about eighteen months. My grandfather died and left me an inheritance. I might have wasted it, but I guess we'll have to wait and see."

"Have you recorded much from here?"

"Yeah, four albums for different artists. A couple of bands. Lots of little stuff for local kids while I was learning."

"Oh right. You're self taught then?"

"Nah, went to Uni, did a degree in sound engineering. What I meant was. As I learned familiarity with the gear. Every desk is different. They all have their foibles."

"Oh, okay. I wasn't sure." Ember, started talking to Ella, and I took the time to wander amongst the guitars. I found a lovely Maton, acoustic. As they talked, I sat down on a low stool to play. God it sounded amazing.

Sophie, walked over and listened, commenting. "That sounds so nice."

Ella, appeared beside her. "Is it going to be an acoustic album, or is it going to be electric?"

"Probably acoustic. I have a mate who might put some keyboards down, but again. It will depend on money."

"We'll come to an arrangement I'm sure. I'm not gonna rip you off."

"Okay, so how does this work? I work split shifts as a barman, I won't always be able to make it at set times."

"It's all good dude. I'm here most days unless I have errands to run. I do have some other projects already on the go. You're gonna have to work around those."

"I can do that, no worries. Do you have something recorded already that I can listen to?"

She looked around thoughtfully. "You like that Maton you were playing before?"

"Yeah, that is sweet."

"Okay, here's what we'll do. You tune it up, and I'll set up for a take. You pick a song you wanna lay down, and we'll put it down. It won't be a keeper, but it will give you an idea of what you can expect."

"Wow, really?"

"Yeah dude." She glanced at Ember and Sophie. "This is gonna take about an hour. You girls might like to take a walk down to the beach or something."

"Fuck that." Ember replied. "We wanna hear, and I'm excited to watch you work."

"All right, but it's pretty boring."

I got the guitar and gave it a quick tune. It was already damn close. I played a few riffs to get the feel for it. Sang one of my songs to stretch my vocal chords. I might not have ever recorded anything, but I'd watched a lot of You tube video tutorials.

By the time Ella, had set up a condenser vocal mic, and plugged in the Maton directly. We were set to begin.

"Okay, Prentiss. Just play and sing something so I can get a feel for your voice, and balance out the gat."

Ten minutes later, she called out. "All right dude. Here we go. This is gonna be take one."

I gave myself a little count in and began the intro riff. I played sixteen bars before cutting in with the vocals. I tried to block out the surroundings and just imagined I was at home in my bedroom. With my eyes closed tight, I let my voice go a little, and it felt good to stretch. I built on that and really let myself soar.

I let the close out riff hang, the E chord droning vibrating endlessly.

Sophie, and even Ember, clapped loudly. Ella, came into the room, and unplugged the guitar, and hung it back up.

"All right. Lets go into the control booth, and I'll play you back what I got."

We gathered around in a huddle, as Ella, picked out the track, and pressed play. This was the moment. I had never really heard myself sing. Yeah, I'd recorded a couple of times using my phone, but that sounded like shit.

The guitar echoed around the booth. I gasped at the clarity. Ella, played with it as it ran on. She added some tremolo, a stereo delay, some reverb, and it sounded so crystal clear. Each note cutting beautifully.

My vocals came through and it was loud, way to loud. Ella was on it in a flash, bringing the volume down to match the guitar. Again she worked her magic with effects and I don't think I'd ever sounded as good as I did then. It sounded so professional, so clear and vibrant.

"Oh my god." Sophie, gasped. "Prentiss... That sounds amazing. Like I'm listening to the radio."

Ella, commented as well. "Shit dude. That is pretty sweet for your first go. Your timing is pretty good. Even without a click track."

"Ella, you're a bloody genius. If you can make them all sound like that. I'm going to be stoked."

"Hey, that's the first cut. I hope we can do better. That was just so you could feel comfortable with what the studio's capable of."

"I'm blown away. I'm in. How much is it gonna cost?"

Ella, checked the time on the console. "If you were happy with that, and the others went as quickly. Probably about fifteen hundred bucks."

"You're kidding, is that all?"

"It all comes down to time my man. The more we play with it, the more takes we need. The more it costs. If they all went that smoothly, and depending on how many tracks you want. It might even be less."

"Fuck, come on Ella." Ember sniggered. "Charge him more than that. He said he's got twenty grand to spend."

Ella, gave her a dirty look. "I don't rip people off. That's not my thing."

Ember, gave her a dark look. "Lighten up bitch. I was only playing."

"I don't joke about money. My whole life is tied up in this studio. It's taken hard work to establish any sort of rep. I'm not blowing that by doing sketchy shit."

"Ella, I'm happy. If you can get results like that then I'll pay."

She walked over and gave me a hug, and the warmth of her body through the flimsy Tee she wore soaked through giving me a little joyous arousal.

"Are we all going to dinner?" Ella asked.

"True that girl. We are doing that, and leave your purse at home. Prentiss is paying."

Ella, glanced at me. "Are you okay with that?"

1...34567...10