New Life Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I went to check out that farmer's market...my bad," he said, shouting at first, until I pulled out one of his earbuds. I stole a kiss while I was there and moved on to coffee. "The farmer's market G and Tarin was talking about last night...he said wassup by the way," he said, as he unwrapped what turned out to be a roasted bone. Brion handed over the prized and opened the backdoor, sending the happy puppy on his way. "Anyway, it's some hipsters down there with a dog treat bakery..."

"Anybody selling man treats," I asked half into my mug and Brion gave me a wink over his shoulder. "You know what I mean..."

"Come on bruh...you know I got what you need," he said as he popped open a cardboard to reveal a sausage, egg, and cheese sandwich on a brioche bun. "I picked up some pulled pork and stuffed tater tots from G, if you feel like lunch."

"I'll take the sandwich. Gotta leave room for Margie's jerk," I said, making him laugh a little as he folded the bag and shoved it into the cabinet above the fridge.

"You better or she won't let you hear the end of it," he said, stealing a sip of my coffee before he went to make his own. "Dinner's pushed back to four, by the way. Brenda and Max are coming," he said of his older sister and her husband, with a little smirk as he headed into the living. "You gonna be aight?"

"Are you? You looking a little bow legged this afternoon," I teased as he eased himself down onto the sofa with a quiet grunt.

"It was worse this morning. That's why I went for a walk, instead of laying around like I wanted to," he said, as he pulled on his gaming headset. "I got a date with Red in a few..."

"That's cool bud...tell him I said thank you," I said and heard his quiet laughter as I headed outside for a quick smoke before loading all the rented tools into Breeze's truck to return to the home improvement store. "Hey, ask him if he got some time over the next couple weeks to give me a hand with a couple things," I shouted from the garage.

"What kinda things?"

"This shoddy work bench for starters. Some shelves...how you feel about parking in the driveway for a while?"

"If it means giving you a place to tinker, I wouldn't mind," Brion shouted back and I couldn't help the smirk that came at those words. "He says he's ready when you are."

"Of course he is."