Next Generation

Story Info
X-Change pill inspired take on saving the human race.
17.1k words
4.5
9.7k
15
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

All characters are 18+. Please feel free to write part 2 not sure i will.

Prologue:

A new virus swept the Earth in the late 2100's undetected, until it was too late. The Phantom Flu, so it was called, did not show symptoms until years after infection. The virus spread airborne and was highly contagious, with no to very few showing initial symptoms, the population of Earth was blissfully unaware of its apocalyptic spread. Those that did show symptoms quickly dismissed them as a measly cold. These factors allowed the Phantom Flu to sweep through every corner of the Earth undetected until it was too late. At first, it seemed to only to sterilize the infected. The sterilization took one to two years after the initial infection. Women were impacted quicker then men, with their reproductive organs held inside their bodies, this made for a perfect environment for the virus to wreck havoc.

When a test for the Phantom Flu was developed, every single person who took the test was positive. This lead many researchers to wonder how this could be and question the legitimacy of the detection tests run. However, the tests were all correct. There was never a single person who tested negative. The virus infected without discretion. Everyone was infected men, women, teens, elderly, poor and rich. All of whom would be sterilized by the virus in a matter of years.

To combat this machines and medicines were developed, attempting to allow reproduction in order to save the human race. Various methods were used and all failed to produce meaningful results.

Humanity began to slip into chaos when people realized procreation was impossible. It was clear this would be the end of humanity if a solution was not discovered. However, the sterilization was just the beginning.

Next, and without warning, a uncontrollable cough and high fever would suddenly take over the infected. The infected would live a week, at most, once visible symptoms first appeared. Bleeding internally and fluid loss was swift to overcome the infected. The lethal symptoms seemed to arbitrarily occur without cause years after initial infection.

In a 5 year period the human population went from thriving to completely wiped out.

Zach's Story:

Our story picks up in the year 2187. The location is in the Southern States in the USA follow in the steps of a teenage boy who's name is Zach.

As far as I know I am the only person alive in the USA. My Mother died from a heroin overdose when I was only 5. My Father raised me alone. He was a ex-drug addict and did the best he could raising me. We never really had much. But, my Father was a apocalypse prepper even before the virus struck. We tried to wait out the virus in a shoddy bunker he constructed. Funny after thinking he was crazy all those years growing up it finally happened. I was 12 when the virus was first discovered. We hid out together in the bunker on my 15th birthday. I left the bunker a year after the virus killed my father. When I emerged no one remained. I was all alone and I hated it. The loneliness was unbearable. My entire life I have been lonely and it seemed the rest of my life would be nothing but loneliness.

My Dad trained me in basic survival skills during our 3 years in the bunker. After I ran out of food I really had no choice but to leave the bunker. I taught myself how to drive a small pickup when I came out of the bunker. Gas was fairly easy to get from other cars and the occasional gas station that wasn't out of gas. The truck I had got good gas mileage and I could haul plenty of supplies. I wandered from town to town searching for food, gas, water, and other people. I still haven't found anyone.

I was not much of a hunter and gave up trying after so many failed attempts. I am skinny and short but, I think I am intelligent and love to read. Nothing much else to do besides reading though. No internet and no way to stream music or TV, it has been a very lonely existence. I thought about ending it all but couldn't do it.

So, I live by finding food here and there. It was easy to be a nomad, there was plenty of canned foods remaining from the sudden extermination of the human race if you knew where to look. Grocery stores were always empty. But, the houses, now all vacant, would usually have varying sizes of stock piled canned food usually. I found a lot of candy too which lead to my pudgy belly.

I wandered from Texas, to Louisiana, through Mississippi and Alabama. I have been wandering for a couple months now. I decided I wanted to make my way to South Florida and go to the beaches. I've always dreamed of visiting Florida and now was my chance. If I was going to die alone, I at least wanted to be near the beach. I was just a few miles from Florida now and would be closer to my dream then I ever have before.

"Welcome to The Sunshine State!" I read the sign out loud excited I finally made it to Florida! "Thank you for having me Florida" I chuckled to myself excited to explore Florida! I had entering the state that had my dream destination.

The only thing that would have excited me more would be if I found a girl in Florida. Wishful thinking I thought as I drove across the boarder. The thought of a girlfriend excited me. I'd do anything just for a kiss. I didn't even care if it was the ugliest girl in the world. I want to have a kiss before I died. To be honest I've never had a kiss, or girlfriend or anything close to a friendship even.

I had gotten so lonely I taped a picture of a petite black haired and blue eyed girl from one of the porno magazines I had found to my dashboard. I had conversations with the picture frequently pretending the girl was my girlfriend. I named her Zoey.

"We made it to Florida Zoey!"

"It's almost as beautiful as you Zoey" I cracked a smile.

"Speaking of beautiful I was thinking Zoey..."

I reached into my pants as I drove down the road and started to masterbate. I day dreamed of Zoey giving me road head. My penis was proportional to my smaller body, it was a little bit over 4 inches hard. But, I felt it was small just from what I've seen in my porn magazines. Definitely not a shortage of porn magazines. Many houses had them. I have never seen an actual porn movie but really wanted to. With no more people living electricity was out of the question. That did not stop my raging teen hormones and I had to jacking off at least once a day.

As my truck sputtered down the Florida highways I quickly tugged on my penis. I was a pro at jerking off and driving by now with months of practice.

"Oh that feels so good Zoey! Keep going you bad girl I am going to cum!"

I reached down quickly and grabbed a small rag to cum in and laid it around the base of my crotch to catch my cum.

"I am cumming baby!"

My body shook, I focused more on the picture of Zoey, my penis throbbing. My smaller balls sucked up tight to my body. I locked eyes with the picture of Zoey, my balls then released and I came two quick spurts of my goo over the rag. I nearly ran off the road as I was cumming. Some cum dribbled down my penis and got on my pants. I wiped up as best I could then threw the rag out the window.

"Zoey you're amazing thanks for being so good to me baby. I've never cum so hard." I leaned down and kissed the picture of Zoey on the lips. "How did I get so lucky to find you."

I stopped in the panhandle for a few days enjoying the beaches during the day. The beaches were amazing and it got my mind off the loneliness temporarily. I was breaking into the beach houses and taking what food I could find. I found a map of Florida in one and, there was a spring near by. I needed to fill up the big tank of water I carried in my truck bed and figured that would be the best place. Clean water was harder to find then food. Spring water is easy to boil then should be fine for me to drink.

I made my way to the spring and once I arrived started to set up camp. Figured I'd hang out a few days by the spring I had plenty of canned food. What's the rush? I had a lifetime alone to do what I wanted. It took me awhile to set up a fire made for boiling the water in a large pot and then set up my tent. As I waited for the water to boil, I began to explore the camp grounds that were basically empty.

I saw another tent and a truck set up near the boat ramp when I drove in. Surprised to see the tent standing this long without blowing away I thought. I went to check it out. Digging around I found a couple tins canned food. It smelled like fish in the tent. I brushed it off as just the smell sticking to the tent. Fuck the things I'd do for a fish right about now. Fish was my favorite. "I'd have to learn to fish and gut a fish" I said out loud. As I exited the tent I saw a pair of trees with a string tied between them and fish hanging from it. I walked up and inspected the perfectly gutted fish.

"Fresh fish? But, how did you get here." My heart began to race as I slowly realized someone had recently caught this fish.

I froze in place and almost began to cry at the realization I wasn't the last person alive on Earth. I immediately really hoped it was a girl I found so I could lose my virginity.

"Not like she'd say no with us probably being the last man and woman on Earth." I whispered under my breathe and then chucked excitedly at the thought. My penis twitched at the thought.

I scanned the area but didn't see anyone. I went back to the tent and found a campfire that was recently used and considered my options of what to do. I went to the truck, windows were down and the inside looked clean and not like it had been abandoned for years. I got scared suddenly that what if it was a guy I found. Would he beat me up? I was a smaller guy and pretty weak living off canned food. I had black hair, blue eyes and fairly tan skin being outside so often. I never really worked out and was really regretting not trying to get fit in case something happens if this person I found is a guy.

"Fuck it. I don't want to be alone anymore." I said out loud and decided I really didn't feel I had a choice but to wait for whoever caught these fish to come back. Even if it was a guy at least I'd have someone to talk to. Besides a guy would have no reason to try and hurt me. We're probably the last people in America.

I went back and tended to my boiling water. I let the water cool down some and then dumped it into the container in my truck bed and started to repeat the process. I got to the waters edge of the spring by the boat ramp and dipped the pot into the water. I heard the slapping of water from someone paddling....

I raised up and saw a kayak turn a bend in the spring with a man inside it without a shirt on. The man was much bigger then me, very fit, and fairly tan, dirty blonde hair that was shaved. His skin was just barely lighter skinned then me. My heart sunk and began to race at the same time. 'Fuck, I have no chance but to run if this guy wants to hurt me.' I raised my hand in a friendly jester and waived.

The man saw me and yelled "You friendly?" He had a southern accent.

I replied "Yes, I thought I was the last survivor."

The man replied "you and me both buddy."

'Phew going good so far' I think. The man pulled up his kayak to the shore and walked over to me. The dude was cut, little hair on his chest and a happy trail going down his gut. "My names Charles but call me Charlie" and he extended his hand to shake mine.

I shook his hand, which was huge compared to mine. Charlie was over 6 feet tall and intimidated me a little. "Mines Zach."

Charlie grabbed my hand more firmly. "Nice to meet ya Zach. Well, I'd be lying if I told you I wasn't disappointed you were another man and not a lady."

"I know. Me too." Zach said softly still under the firm grip of Charlie's hand.

"I see no sense in us trying to hurt each other. Plenty of resources out here for the both of us to survive. I've wandered most of the States. Haven't seen a soul besides you in years. Now, I figure we could be the last people alive in America. About time I found someone immune to that damn virus. Now, can I trust you Zach?"

"Yes, I feel the same way. You can trust me Charlie."

"Good we're on the same page then." Charlie released his grip and turned to his kayak and grabbed some fresh fish from a small cooler.

"I have a cabin not far from here. I just use the tent while I am getting fish to stay out of the sun. Got all electrical hooked up with solar power, hot water and lighting. Let me clean these fish up and we will go there for dinner."

I was excited. It had been so long since I had a hot shower and electrical power. We made small talk about where we came from.

Charlie had wandered around the Northeast mainly. Looking for other immune people in the population dense cities. He gave up and settle down in Florida to enjoy the beach, weather and lots of wildlife. He figured he was about 30 but didn't know for sure.

I shared how I just came out of my Dad's bunker not too long ago. I was 18, just driving around looking for survivors and always wanted to come to Florida. I kept track of the date still and Charlie was right he was 30. It was kind of funny his birthday was last week on 11/15. I decided it made no sense leaving for now might as well enjoy the company. South Florida could wait I guess. It was nice being able to talk to a real person. Charlie seemed very kind hearted and I trusted him right away.

After, Charlie cleaned his fish, we both packed up our stuff into our own trucks. I followed Charlie's truck in mine to his cabin.

The cabin was fairly large 4 bedrooms and 2.5 bathrooms. It had no A/C but had plenty of fans to keep it cool. A/C took up too much power he was working on getting enough solar panels to be able to use it. The cabin had a working refrigerator and running water. Various farm animals lived in the back chickens, goats, a few cows.

I was in heaven. He had a TV I figured was just for show, no internet or other way to streaming movies anyhow. Charlie showed me to what would be my room just across the hallway from his. He gave me some clean clothes, and told me to clean up for dinner. Charlie went to the master bedroom and took a shower as well.

The cabin had a large living area for living room, dinning and kitchen. Then, a hallway leading to the 4 bedrooms.

I stayed in the shower for a long time. I cut my hair with some scissors, I liked the man bun look so didn't go too short, and I shaved the fuzz off my face. I hardly grew hair anywhere but my head, legs, armpits and some public hair. It felt so good after to be nice and clean.

By the time I was done I could smell real food cooking. Charlie was cooking the fish he caught, baking potatoes, and drinking a cold beer. "Grab a beer of ya like. And, could you prep the salad for me if you don't mind."

"I've never had one before" I grabbed a beer and cracked it open. I raised it to my thin lips, took a sip and must have made a disgusted face. Charlie laughed and said "yeah I remember my first beer, I was even younger then you. Don't worry it will grow on you. Now Zach chop that lettuce and a few of those tomatoes, knife is over by the sink."

We cooked while drinking beer and Charlie was right, the beer did start tasting better. After, we ate the meal Charlie cooked we stayed up for awhile talking. I was tipsy for sure. We started opening up to each other and joked around about how pissed one another was not a girl. We talked about how we'd both do anything for a lady right now.

The next morning was rough. My first hangover. We came up with a plan to check around Florida not straying too far from the cabin looking for a girl. But, I knew it was mostly so he could show me South Florida. I told him how badly I dreamed of always visiting when we were drinking last night. We agreed it would be best to share any women we found to increase the diversity in the gene pool of our offspring. We planned to go down to South Florida in a couple weeks. Then, come back to the cabin in time to take care of the animals. Charlie did not want his farm animals he had to die and while the few cows and sheep he had would be fine. The chickens couldn't be left too long alone.

The next few weeks passed quickly. I was getting comfortable with Charlie and felt like we were friends. We joked around and he was interesting to talk to. He obviously lived a full life before the apocalypse. The age gap didn't really seem to bother either of us. Guess being alone for so long any company is good.

Most days Charlie would fish and get supplies from the nearby town outskirts since he knew what he had not got to yet. While, I tended to the farm animals, cooked and prepared my truck for the trip. We decided on taking my truck since it had better gas mileage. Charlie taught me how to clean a fish which was awesome. Couldn't wait to learn how to actually catch one. We packed food, water, our tents and a electric generator Charlie had. I told him I'd be fine without it and didn't think we'd need the generator. Charlie insisted that it makes camping better if they want lights set up or a fan. I agreed that would be nice.

The day finally came and we set off. Charlie planned out the trip. We would zigzag through towns in Florida and make our way to South Florida looking for survivors. Then, stay in South Florida for a few days. On the way back, Charlie had to go to a hospital to stock up on medical supplies before we finally headed back to the cabin. It was going to be nice to have a travel buddy to explore with. I was excited and couldn't wait!

Not a soul was found alive as we went from town to town. Although, It was beautiful seeing nature take back over Florida so quickly. We would try and find a hotel or motel most nights and sleep in separate rooms. Admittedly I was glad so I could masterbate without worrying Charlie would find out. He was probably doing the same. I would jerk off every night alone in my room, praying to find a girl like my imaginary girlfriend Zoey. Even if I had to share a girl if we found one. Charlie obviously saw 'Zoey' taped to my dash board. It made him laugh when I told him I'd talk to her as my girlfriend. So, technically I have shared my naked imaginary girlfriend with him already.

We made it to South Florida in a few days time. It was great just relaxing, drinking and being beach bums. Charlie always made me laugh and was great to be around. Still we never found any survivors unfortunately.

After, those few fun days we decided to give up and both of us missed the accommodations of the cabin. I teased Charlie telling him how I knew we wouldn't need the generator. Charlie said "we will see still need to head home." Was nice to be right for a change, which was rare. Charlie always seemed to have a plan. He was so handy and could fix anything mechanical it seemed.

As we made our way back to the cabin, Charlie drove because he knew where the hospital was we were going to pick medical supplies up from. My understanding was we were getting antibiotics and various other things. Now that I was around he wanted to double up on stuff.

Somewhere in central Florida we got to this large hospital right at dusk. It was spooky and I was scared to be honest. I am glad Charlie was with me I felt safe with him.

Charlie said "well, let's put that generator to use for some lights in the hospital and crash here for the night. Might take a day or two to go through all the rooms." I was relieved we'd have some light in this spooky hospital. I thanked him now for bringing the generator.

We carried the generator inside. Charlie could probably carry it himself because it wasn't too large. But, I think he wanted me to help so I'd feel useful. Charlie seemed to be doing all the providing and I felt bad like I was mooching off him. I would have to think of something to start pulling my own weight.