All Comments on 'No Reply: Hope'

by MichaelFitzgerald

Sort by:
  • 142 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
good effort

but hell no.

i do not see how, ' I think maybe you women feel you suffered enough too. '

where did they suffer? these women had all the control, did all the damage, and suffered none of the actual consequences. it should have been some of the women being sent away on ambulances. all the threats, all the emotional and financial blackmail. that's not love. you said it best in your intro., that there is no justifying this sort of behavior. If the women were to suffer....even a little bit beyond watching others suffer because of their decisions.....then maybe how about each wife having to be made to experience the same thing? make each wife sit in a chair and watch their husband fuck an escort/coworker/friend/anybody that is younger and better than they are. and put a permanent reminder in her house!

THEN you can do a clean slate. There is currently nothing worth saving. No reason to re-new vows. The wife was STILL justifying herself at the very end. The literal only thing you did was introduce real fear into these women. When men congregate in large numbers (rare) women lose. It's why women spend so much time trying to get men into THEIR circle of friends for outings, yell for more girl's nights out, and almost always lambaste him from having a guys night out (unless each man involved gets her approval)

PowersworderPowersworderabout 5 years ago

The women did nothing to deserve a reconciliation.

Those whores held their husbands in utter contempt. What's the point of staying with a woman who would eagerly cheat on her husband for some young cock? The husbands all knew that their wives didn't really love them.

A better ending would have been a massive BtB divorcathon with every single one of their families shattered for what they'd done. That would have put a stake through their shitty tradition with all the sluts left as bitter, lonely divorcees.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Just NO to RAAC

What they all NEED to do is reverse the pathway, and even it up. Every cuckold gets a young woman for a while. Plant a lilac for each. Then forgive each other.

dc6370dc6370about 5 years ago
The women's actions spoke louder than their words

How about each husband gets a week with another female then more trees get planted?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
All trees cut down

At a minimum

johntcookseyjohntcookseyabout 5 years ago
Swords to plowshares

The necessary nature of a peace treaty, the cessation of fighting, lowering of arms, and the undertaking of reconstruction.The absolution of (most) combatants for their battlefield actions. Lots of hard feelings to set aside. All for the greater good.

My parents and grand parents generations carried many animosities and/or guilt relative to their individual wartime participation. My grandfather never forgave the Germans for the death of his brother. My great aunt disowned her son for marrying a wonderful Japanese lady. My mother in law carried the guilt of her German nationality to her death. Maybe it takes two or three generations for those wounds to truly heal and the recriminations to cease. For some they never do. Many Americans are still fighting the Civil War.

So yes, it did take a great act of courage and faith, that some construe as weakness and capitulation, for Bill to make a peace with Debbie. And yes, Bill will live with the scars and probably have to sublimate his hurt and anger as do Debbie and Jason their guilt. C’est la guerre - et c’est la paix.

Tough subject to pull off. Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
The two original writers need

Somebody other than a cuck story teller to finish this properly. I like the idea of the men fucking the young women for the same amount of time the best. Cucky MF had the hard wife telephone recording one minute and a crying so sorry wife the next. Bullshit writing! Too bad FTDS is gone.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 5 years ago
Thoughts

"We all forgive each other" - What did the men do that needed forgiving? The closest I can come up with is when they had sex with the wives as teenagers. But that was all actually done by the women. These kids weren't going out seducing innocent housewives, THEY were seduced by MILFs, they would have to have been saints to resist!

Not good for me. All the women should have been on their knees begging forgiveness for what THEY did.

I don't know if I would go as far as Anonymous "good effort" to require a revenge-a-thon, but maybe a Get Out of Jail Free card for each husband wouldn't be out of line.

If there's some way the husbands who want divorces can get favorable divorce settlements, that would be a plus.

Pappy7Pappy7about 5 years ago
Sorry, but this was worse than the others.

The women, especially Debbie, must have had a deep seated hatred for their husbands and the way their marriages had turned out. For her to be able to say that the fight was hubby's fault and that her own son would just have to face up to the consequences because she had done nothing wrong or at least wouldn't accept any blame leads to the conclusion that she was and is a very mentally disturbed person. Might be a good idea to sleep in the shop with the doors locked from now on. As far as a marriage ending causing the amount of legal and economic damage that he talked about, I can't see that as a reason to stay with someone with her outlook on life. So, as Randi said, there is nothing that can excuse overt cheating in a marriage.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 5 years ago
I have to admit...

...the wife was way too defiant to be so easily forgiven. There needed to be amends. I don't mean that he should cheat, too. I just think a better apology was needed.

That's not to say it wasn't a good story. It was.

ValintValintabout 5 years ago
WTF?

So, the big solution is that the wives cry a little bit and then the husbands go back to sucking it up?

Hanging a lampshade on the problem doesn't make it go away. Basically, the husbands just beat their chests a little bit, then slunk back to their old lives and pretended that everyone was okay again. The basic problem, which is that the husbands didn't have any good options and the wives had all the power (and were a unified bloc) hasn't changed.

At best, the only thing that's changed is that it's all public enough that the young men will realize they need to get the fuck out of here and not let their wives have anything to do with their families, but that's about it.

neilnblowme2neilnblowme2about 5 years ago
not just no but hell no

where is your self respect

the women all cheated

it was all about control of the husbands

reconcilliation just gives the wives more power over the men

what is the next excuse going to be?

personally i would have taken all the money and disappeared with my son in tow

let the bitch find someone else to fit the bills

she could always use her slut skills walking the streets

as for the mother i would never see her again and i d piss on her grave

the writing was excellent but the content was reall cow manure

1 * 100000 limp dicks and a very upset stomach for content

when will someone with a pair of balls and self respect write a story here

where is finishthedamnstory when you need him?

SpencerfictionSpencerfictionabout 5 years ago
A convenient ending for the women

But hell no, can't see this little vow-renewing ceremony happening so simply. At the very least the stands of trees have to go. "Bill trimming fruit trees"? Any red bloodied man like Bill has proved to be in the previous 3 version would be pulling up those apple trees, roots and all and, before burning them to a cinder, seriously considering tying Debbie to a stake in the middle of them.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
what were you trying to do here

nothing has changed except hopefully no more wives would commit adultery. There is no resolution, no closure, no retribution, just another wimp saying its ok lets resay our vows. The wives surrendered to easily, hoping to perhaps restart the adultery and cheating at a later time. The husbands simply wimped out as cuckolds. 1*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
What about the trees?

Are all the trees still standing?

dragonmann72dragonmann72about 5 years ago
Of the three..

this rates at the bottom. Yes tour main protagonist got his week when he was eighteen but didn't have a clue about life back then. I guess where my problem lies is if he married a girl from somewhere else that didn't have a dog in the race in the first place, is she suppose to part her thighs to and eighteen year old when the time comes?

A better ending would have been cutting down all the trees and having a bonfire in town square then tell all the women that all the males over forty were going to take all the eighteen year old daughters and teach them how to service a man from now on and see how the women liked it.

andyinozandyinozabout 5 years ago
....and

... every single tree that was planted by a toy boy should be cut down by the bitch who screwed him.

ju8streadingju8streadingabout 5 years ago

sorry but this ending is an epic fail

Impo_64Impo_64about 5 years ago
I have to agree with the other comments...

I have to agree with the other comments...Not a bad effort, but failed in the closing...The women, once again came on top with an idea...Why would the second vows have more meaning than the first ones if the first ones were the ones that really matter? The weak point of this plot (for all the three stories) was forgetting that for sure it would have happened several marriages wouldn't have boys, but girls...And that detail would level the scores between husbands and wives...3*

Bebop3Bebop3about 5 years ago
Well, that's at least

three incarnations of this story that didn't work.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Just for starters, all the trees

Get turned into firewood

OPrimeOPrimeabout 5 years ago
Wait a Minute these guys a just a bunch of saps

What kind of dumb ass do you have to be to let your wife cheat on you.

Their tradition was nothing more than wives feeling entitled to engage in mass cheating. There was no remorse or feelings of loss, sharing of the pain, no just a bunch of selfish cheating sluts.

They got a little worried when the men got pissed off and started to take a step back to regain control. In my world, it never would have happened and if it did the outcome would have been different.

onlythelonelyloveonlythelonelyloveabout 5 years ago
So, can you explain why

They reconcilie? Men have pride and this making public of their humiliation makes that task even harder. So why reconcile? The comments that others have made ask you this question over and over (and to be fair the two stories you cite). Damage has been done. Even if you think that the men paid it forward the original marriage that was violated with a the mother taking a lover has no such option. He just has to suck it up with a woman who does not respect him. Most curious. And the young man have received something they have not earned. Something wrong. Something secret and because of this hiddeness, shameful. Something they carry into adulthood to be made pliant for the next cycle that they will be asked to be complicit with in silence.

I don’t like the story because it is a perversion of what we consider it means to be a man in a western society. The cuckolding is an issue for sure, but what is worse is the intergenerational ripping apart of what it means to be a man, in what otherwise appears to be a typical Suburban setting. How are these men supposed to rely on each other? Who is a moral exemplar for others to follow? There is no honour here. All lie, cheat, and steal; cowardice at the highest level, a big chunk of self-delusion; the resulting contempt from the women (still unresolved by the way, and magically disappeared) and the self contempt from the men... I have no clue who is or could be the moral compass here (yes, I mean Aristotle), and you do not offer anything to bridge this chasm apart from—someone has to forgive first... And the answer is to share renewed wedding vows?

I don’t think so. The problem for me with the story is not the cuckolding per we but what it represents here ... a complete demolition of any kind of moral ground of virtue/excellence that any man in this microcosm of society can stand upon; that is the issue and why it doesn’t work for me. There may be a way forward that doesn’t end in multiple divorces, but this is not it—at least for me.

One thing—I really liked your scene with the men’s meeting and how it spun out of control. That conflict would be part of a real and organically emerging solution, but that tale would be complex and not doable in two pages; maybe not even in twenty if you want to do it justice. Thank you for your efforts.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
bullshit

The original story was a pile of unfettered rubbish - this was NO BETTER.

NO MAN should stand up to that type of disrespect, no matter what Blankandrandell "says". The only positive point was the son beating the living tar out of the boytoy. I would never speak with a "mother" who would do such a despicable thing, and to try to justify it was even more abhorrent. To "turn the other cheek" is a mistake the "cuck" will regret to death.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
FIRST THING......

is pull out all those trees and burn em!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Well you tried, I guess

But I think the tipping point was the women's attitude that they had done nothing wrong and that they all seemed to REALLY want to do it. Debbie was a prime example. She tells her husband what's going to happen and that it would have happened even if he had said NO! That should have sealed the deal for him. Your idea or suggestion that a divorce would bankrupt them and ruin all their lives was just ridiculous. People get divorced and survive all the time. If they didn't, then the US would be a bigger mess then it is. Is it easy? No. Does it hurt? Yes. Is it better than living with someone that doesn't respect you? Yes. The only possible ending for He and Debbie was a divorce. There's no forgiving and forgetting. Forgiveness? Maybe. Forget her actions and words? No way in hell. The manner in which you wrote the story doesn't allow for that. He recorded her tirade. RECORDED IT! He didn't do that to forget. He did it so that he could use it against her both in and out of Court. RAAC my ass! Blackrandi had it right. There's no way to justify or ameliorate the women's actions. Several of them deserve to be divorced. That was the other thing that didn't feel right. That ALL of the men stayed married. Surely some of them were madder than others. Nobodies marriage is the same. There would have been divorces. So while I appreciate your attempt to update the story, I think this was a complete failure. As were the previous stories.

1 star

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Really?!

I don't comment often but a well written story was ruined for me with the ending. As others have said, the women also suffered? REALLY?

"...maybe you women feel you suffered enough too. I do know the men are barely hanging on."

Come on...She admitted she wanted the young cock. And not just overnight. For a week!. And, she would have cheated behind his back if necessary. Frankly, that's just being a slut. Period. Debbie has some remorse only when faced with the total destruction of her marriage.

I'm not saying what should have been the ending, but certainly not this one.

I'm mad because you ruined a good, innovative story. Sad....

Samson

26thNC26thNCabout 5 years ago
Excellent job

You did an excellent job following HDK, and GA in a story that really can't have a palatable finish. Cheating and making a man cuckold aren't forgivable in my opinion. This story presents two very different views for the men involved. You know an 18 year old kid would jump at the chance to spend a week having sex with a hot, older woman. That same man, 20 years later, isn't going to feel that same happiness when his wife is hosting the eager 18 year old. The women, groomed for years by the older women in their families, and in this case mother in law, anticipate and are eager to experience a young man again. The chance to turn back the clock is one they can't pass up. Debbie bragged and rubbed it in a little more than Bill could tolerate, leading to his explosion. I think Debbie finally understood that she had pushed too far, even if was the norm in their families. I don't think he accepted it, but just let it go to maintain the status quo. In this story he did change the dynamic of his marriage, and probably a lot of the others, with his actions. At best, it's a RAAC. There is no way to accept the cheating and the disrespect, but cutting her loose would be devastating. So you swallow it and keep going. Good thing these stories are fantasies. Great job, Fitz.

Texas_Military_ManTexas_Military_Manabout 5 years ago
Easy solution, and the women would demand it!

Agree with anonymous on 3/07, but with one twist: tell the old bitches that from now on, their young daughters would be part of the tradition! THEY would be expected to go away for a week, while their daughters get some special training.....

CaOldDogCaOldDogabout 5 years ago
Nope

This is just as bad as the other endings - the wives need a little retribution.

IainmoreIainmoreabout 5 years ago
Mission Impossible!

In an effort to be constructive.

To quote the introduction "That task is to set up a set of circumstances where a wife making an unwilling cuckold out of her husband can be, if not justified, at least mitigated."

That is just mission impossible in my eyes or at least in my world view. It just cant be justified or mitigated in any circumstances. With the proviso perhaps in a Sci-Fi Realm or a Fantasy Realm but not under the banner of Loving Wives.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
A hard job.

And probably a thankless one. I think it needed at least two more pages to make the reconciliation plausible. The MC's intent wasn't neccessarily the problem, the wife's intent was. Frankily, her first paragraph sank it before you'd even started. She wanted to cheat, intended to cheat and nothing would have stopped her. And she wasn't a bit sorry about it. She was actually proud of what she'd done.

That's the dissolution of the marriage right there.

Whatever the flaws, the original avoided that by the wife not making it a personal and selfish choice about herself. Originally they were sex teachers and their toyboys were not even chosen by them but by the other women. That impersonal beginning is what made the reconcilliation possible in the original.

That said, thanks for taking a stab at it. I enjoyed the read.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
By far the worst follow-up

Nothing was accomplished. Wussy Bill let the women of the hook. The women will continue their evil ways, just be more secretive. Unfortunately, this follow-up may be even worse than the original story.

The best follow-up was by tnoldguy. It had reconciliation, but it addressed the issue. This story made Debbie a self righteous, entitled bitch which is a complete deviation from her personality. That makes reconciliation absolutely ridiculous.

This does not need to be BTB. But the reconciliation needs to make sense.

onlythelonelyloveonlythelonelyloveabout 5 years ago
How do

they reconcile? Men have pride and this making public of their humiliation makes that task even harder. So why reconcile? The comments that others have made ask you this question over and over. Damage has been done. Even if you think that the men paid it forward the original marriage that was violated with a the mother taking a lover has no such option. He just has to suck it up with a woman who does not respect him. Most curious. And the young man have received something they have not earned. Something wrong. Something secret and because of this hiddeness, shameful. Something they carry into adulthood to be made pliant for the next cycle that they will be asked to be complicit with in silence.

I don’t like the story because it is a perversion of what we consider it means to a man in a western society. The cuckolding is an issue for sure, but what is worse is the intergenerational ripping apart of what it means to be a man, in what otherwise appears to be a typical Suburban setting. How are these men supposed to rely on each other? Who is a moral exemplar for others to follow? There is no honour here. All lie, cheat, and steal; cowardice at the highest level with an healthy side order of self-delusion; the resulting contempt from the women (still unresolved by the way, and magically disappeared) and the self contempt from the men... I have no clue who is or could be the moral compass here (yes, I mean Aristotle), and you do not offer anything to bridge this chasm apart from—someone has to forgive first... And the answer is to share renewed wedding vows?

I don’t think so. The problem for me with the story is not the cuckolding per se that is hardest to stomach but what it represents here ... a complete demolition of any kind of moral ground that any man in this microcosm of society can stand upon; that is the issue and why it doesn’t work for me. There may be a way forward that doesn’t end in multiple divorces, but your effort does not do it for me.

One thing—I really liked your scene with the men’s meeting and how it spun out of control. That conflict would be part of a real and organically emerging solution, but that tale that used this would be complex and not doable in two pages; maybe not even in twenty if you want to do it justice. Thank you.

Dunny69Dunny69about 5 years ago
Whitewash

Hated it from start of to finish. As a vehicle to generate anger it worked well but the women walked away Scot free. Thanks for your effort but I wish I hadn't read it to be honest.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago

One star cuck fantasy.

ReedRichardsReedRichardsabout 5 years ago
An impossible task

You attempted some reconciliation, in standard American culture, for an original that was about a separate ‘clan’ culture, and it worked just about as well as that description implies.

Remember: the readers in LW are primarily males who abhor the thought of wives having sex with anybody other than their husbands, and that means this story never had a chance. Then you tried to refit the clan culture back into standard American culture, but did it in front of an audience which demands ‘justice,’ whatever that is.

The comments here tell the story: the commenters all want the bitches burned, mostly with divorce, while the largest subset seem willing to settle for the men getting their own revenge fucks in. This story never had a chance.

Of course, the original story didn’t either. Following up on a train wreck doesn’t usually work.

OaksfineOaksfineabout 5 years ago
Seems too far fetched

Don’t get me wrong I’m all for get back together. But I would have wanted the ladies to suffer something or have the men get some type of payback or even some ego boosting

FD45FD45about 5 years ago
Here is the problem

The only people with 'consent' and 'awareness' of what was happening was the women. They shared the traditions. They PREPARED for what happened. I can just imagine some women giggling in their kitchens, saying 'I got to get down to seduction weight soon for Jeff!'

This tradition worked perfectly well...for the women.

This 'gimmick' wasn't enough. They needed to tear down everyone of those fucking trees, root and stock, leaving a huge gaping hole in their lawns and their budgets (that stuff is pricey!). The men no longer got to see their shame; the women needed to have their gardens ruined and could no longer see those trees and rub their thighs together.

I don't recall what age this happened but every one of those women could be guilty of subverting the morals of a minor. If the we reversed things and had the girls required to fuck the men at 16, this would be a MASSIVE crime (and a pretty popular Lit story...just saying)

Last comment, and one which outlines the problems with the story: the happiest guy in that group, and the one who didn't bother with any of those stupid meetings, was the guy who only had daughters!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 5 years ago
Ideas

I don't remember all the alternates, I think one involved the women taking some sort of drug that guaranteed sons, but why is nothing said about daughters, or gay sons?

Someone here mentioned wives from outside the community.

Are the boys told, "Oh, by the way, when you get married your wife will have to do this for another boy?" I would hazard a guess that they're not!

As has been said by others, MAYBE this would have made SOME sort of sense back in the 40's, 50's, maybe even early 60's, but does anyone really think that today's 18-year-old boys need to be taught about sex? Hell, they were probably teaching the women! I think that happened in one of the versions, with the "scissors" position.

FirstwithUFirstwithUabout 5 years ago
And another one bites the dust

So much pain. So much anger, so much hate, this can not , would not be reconciled.

I agree with others on this being a train reck. Bill should have cut down the tree's and left them where they fell . A symbol to Debbie that their marriage was dead and a rotting corpse. All the men together should have filed as a group for divorce. All at the same time, all using the same lawyer and citing the same irreconcilable differences. Sometimes it's better to salvage your self respect and move on then live in humiliation and pain. These men will never really heal or be whole again.

TwentysevenTwentysevenabout 5 years ago
Nope

Like putting lipstick on a pig.

MollydaKatMollydaKatabout 5 years ago
Ughhhh

Maybe the most contrived RAAC in the history of Loving Wives ! And that's saying a lot .

*

AyreGuardAyreGuardabout 5 years ago
Nice try

I did not see this as something that was forced on the wives. They looked forward to it. There was no gun held to their heads, they lorded it over their husbands. The men fearing they would lose half forget that half and a fresh start is better than trying to forget. Forgiveness is easy, especially with time. Better to leave and set the example for his son and become a hero to his friends and neighbors.

Dirty_SteveDirty_Steveabout 5 years ago
You made too big a jump

When the husband moved out his wife was defiant. He had his meeting with the other hisbands and she was defiant. When her son may be in legal trouble for assault she was defiant. Then as she was elected to be the representative of the women... she was crying. There was no logical reason for her feelings to change so fast. She doesn’t feel bad for what she has done. Instead she worries for the loss of her marriage. Thet leap in her thinking made your solution impossible.

The remarriages was a good solution to a huge family problem. I think living in two separate areas, married but broken may also have been an ending. As it is, yours just didn’t hold true.

I really like all the different versions of this story. It’s a strange concept and makes for some interesting thoughts about “what if.” Thanks for giving something other than dumb wife/ wimp husband cuckold and BTB a try.

patilliepatillieabout 5 years ago
I gave you a 3* for a nice try

but the selfishness and disnhonesty of the women was not served by this. They needed to pay a price, and I dont see that here. It was kiss, kiss and forget and move on. A better tale, certainly not as credible, would be for the husbands to have a week going forward with whoever they wanted out of the group, or maybe women outside the family, idk, but that would've balanced the scales a bit.

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 5 years ago
Well

it was cooking along so good and then wifey turned on a dime from haughty bitch to remorseful penitent in the blink of an eye. It's like you left out the middle of the story. Why would she change from bitch to penitent wife? You gave us/her no reason whatsoever that I can see. Did she finally figure out the men's union was going ruin her life? WTF were her motivations for seeing the light? This was headed toward being the best of the no reply stories and it seems like you ran out of time or something?

FD45FD45about 5 years ago
Exactly what do you write?

HDK wrote a controversial story with essentially an 18 year old boy signing onto a contract with his penis that he didn't understand and with a long delayed payment plan that fucks him over. We had a dozen such auto dealers like that outside our military base. People of all genders sign up for shitty deals like that all the time.

What is the wife paying? It is like that statement 'I will make it up to you.'

Was she planning on being a subpar wife before they married but now she gets her boy toy, she plans on being a 'good' wife?

In this scenario, what is the emotional, physical and spiritual price that these women are paying? I can't see any.

Now if there was a quid pro quo, that would be something else. Every wife watches every other wife for infidelity. Quality control on the cooking. Essentially, if the women were all doing the Stepford Wife routine, or even the illusion of the Japanese wife, that...is a price. But it wasn't made manifest.

So if we comment negatively about people being systemically abused by a one sided shitty deal...that is not the unreasonable position to take.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
There's absolutely nothing wrong with these stories....

That a large bottle of whiteout or a delete key can't cure.

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 5 years ago
LOL

Yes, TX Military Man is hilarious but of course the double standard for girls vs boys would nuke that plan.

As I've said before, just take a small chainsaw, girdle the trees down low and let them stand there dead until the wives figure out how to get rid of the trees themselves. If they pull them out and replant, girdle them again. All the while of course hiding money as fast as possible.

Also it occurs to me the kid who beat hell out of the latest little fucker must be a total bad ass to fuck him up that bad before anyone could grab him.

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 5 years ago
Very

interesting comments ONLY. Interesting as well RR.

moblanemoblaneabout 5 years ago
NO CHANCE!

I understand the financial and custody part of this dilemma but the problem remains.... There are some VERY SICK AND DISGUSTING PEOPLE IN THIS FAMILY. I cannot see this situation EVER being resolved! Calmed? sure! but the depth of disrespect and betrayal remain. When the chains of the legal system are loosened, stakes will be erected and bitches WILL BE BURNED! This was a valiant attempt at composing a resolution to this 'tradition' but it is hopeful to the point of denial.

To find out about this kind of evil corruption years after the fact would be bad enough but to have a spouse say they wanted it, and would do it even if it was specifically forbidden by their spouse is BEYOND BEING FORGIVEN, It is written in stone and deserves punishment. It was a tall order to attempt a good end to this mess but whatever is done it will continue to cause pain, ever heard of the Capulets and Montagues? sORRY, I'm NOT buying your 'solution' 2*, one for the try and another for the courage to try!

looking4itlooking4itabout 5 years ago

I appreciate a new effort to make d this story in a satisfactory way. While there were new “revelations” as to why it is still trying to fix a fundamentally flawed familial dynamic.

I think that it may have begun as an innocent experiment but spun out of control through succeeding generations where it became an entitlement with the females of the family. Eventually a generation was bound to come up where questioning family values and traditions would collapse the house of cards. Doomed from the start. I’m sure others will keep trying to solve this plot, I think that is great. Maybe they will succeed.

sdc97230sdc97230about 5 years ago
I think I see a solution

The problem with all these stories is that the husband weakly acquiesces to the "tradition," then has belated "willing cuckold's remorse" years after enjoying his own youthful escapade with an older cheating wife who was cuckolding her down beaten husband. Telling the story from the POV of a young intended "boytoy" who resists being seduced by his older neighbor lady, then finds out it was all a setup and his own mother intends that one day his future wife is supposed to do the same thing to him might just work.

tennesseeredtennesseeredabout 5 years ago
The comments beat the story!

ReedRichard's comment that this story is about 'clan culture' grafted onto modern American culture strikes me as about right. The story premise is awkward and doesn't work for many reasons. (Maybe change the setting to a thousand years ago in some harsh environment, like northern Scandinavia, where some clan survival advantage might accrue.) But what this story DOES demonstrate is the abiding interest in wifely infidelity among the LW commentariat. Some love them, and some love to hate them, but the cheating wife story is not going away. CW stories really hit a nerve! Just look at the number of comments taking seriously the fictional antics of imaginary characters! As a beginning author, I take note of this.

cybojicybojiabout 5 years ago
Good effort

The womens attitude needs serious adjustments. Maybe something like a mens union here. Empty all cash, all men move out, no divorce. Blacklist them. Get new girlfriends. Needs to be severely drastic and final. If it happened to me and kids were gone, id either be gone or move in a girlfriend. Lots of ways to payback. Doing nothing is the wrong message. Id be done with ol mom too.

krnchrmankrnchrmanabout 5 years ago
You failed

The women cucked their husbands and got away with it. What Debbie said is true, when your angry, you say what you mean. She is on the prowl to find her next boy toy. She admitted that was what she wanted, she really enjoyed cheating, and Bill can never trust her again.

Her first set of wedding vows meant nothing to her, the second will have the same meaning to her.

Thanks for writing the story, I had great hope that the wives would get theirs, but alas, another cuck story. Suck it up Bill, you in for a long, loney ride in infeldity .

ken philipsken philipsabout 5 years ago
Sorry but didn’t work for me

The ending just came out of nowhere and made zero sense to me. A more realistic outcome to how things went would have been: Jason in jail, Jeff left town, some divorces, some v cold marriages on paper only, and a few where real forgiveness took place. Such institutionalised lies and disrespect does not get fixed easily. I still prefer HDK’s original by a long way. 2* for trying. Ken

onlythelonelyloveonlythelonelyloveabout 5 years ago
Re: An impossible task

ReedRichards wrote: “You attempted some reconciliation, in standard American culture, for an original that was about a separate ‘clan’ culture, and it worked just about as well as that description implies.”

I really like the distinction that you make as to a possible difference from mainstream suburban US culture. I want to offer that I don’t think that this is a clan culture. If that was the case there would have been a shared public understanding for this practice—the practice would have been integrated into the life of the clan. Our hero is surprised and shocked and responds in a western style masculinity manner, hardly “ clannish” in outlook. Do you believe this is really a clash of cultures given the lack of transparency as to what was happening? Also, what was the basis for starting this “tradition”? How was it supposed to have emerged organically from the life of the clan, as you might say? As it is, it feels like a suburban underlay with odd or clannish elements that don’t really make sense ...

CaOldDogCaOldDogabout 5 years ago
Not a solution 1*

What do the husbands get out of this negotiation? The wives get to fuck a young guy for a week and the husbands get humiliated. The negotiated settlement should have been the wives stop their crap and the cuckold husbands get the young family girls for a week as a settlement. Goose and Gander solution. What guys and gals did before they were married is not in contention here.

sdc97230sdc97230about 5 years ago
It'll always be too late for the husbands

They're all morally compromised. As young men they willingly had sex with married women, then as husbands they stood by and did nothing while their wives took their turns with each others' sons. Their moral outrage after the fact is hollow and has no credibility.

The only viable paths to a decent BTB ending require a protagonist who has not been a party to the cult "tradition." Maybe an innocent son who doesn't succumb to seduction because he has a GF he won't cheat on, or a husband who was never a boytoy because he came from outside the cult. Either would be credible characters to condemn the practice and bring it crashing down once they realize that they're being set up by their mothers and/or wives.

oldbearswitcholdbearswitchabout 5 years ago
Good try. Not quite. Well done. Just too deep a hole to crawl out of. No contrition for doing it, just fear of consequences, delayed as they are. Contributing to delinquency of the young toys, and violating the sanctity of marriage. +++++

As others noted, sudden change of wife's position without explanation is a flaw, as is no atonent by the female collective.

The teenage boys (young men) who fucked married women were wrong, if they knew she was married. If those boys were encouraged by their parents, their parents suck.

So if a couple is married and owns a business and one spouse tells you it is OK to take merchandise from the business without paying, do you do it?

As written, these women are oddballs. Most gals I know wouldn't be a part of this. A few would joke about it, almost none would do it.

None of the few men true Friends (not just buddies or co workers) would agree to this as as a married man, even if they were douchey enough to do it as a boy.

Tough Ho to row?

Need a more effective time "paddle"

studebakerhawkstudebakerhawkabout 5 years ago
Why is it nobody ever asks...

...about the other side of the coin? Why aren't the husbands 'educating' all the young daughters?

Tootight1Tootight1about 5 years ago
loved it

I totally enjoyed the original, and this follow up. Well done. Who is it, that given an inch doesn't try to take a mile? That's what happened here. I actually went along with the original, not that I have ever done it. The theory is great, not counting the trees.

There is a culture out there that has this as a common practice, or so I've read.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Tradition

What would have happened if the roles were reversed if the husbands spent a week with young women in order to make them better wives. Just wondering..HB

FD45FD45about 5 years ago
Here is the failure of the original story

At some point, a man is NOT going to let his son do that tradition thing.

Maybe more.

I wouldn't.

MichaelFitzgeraldMichaelFitzgeraldabout 5 years agoAuthor
Thanks to all ...

Tennesseered made this point in his comment to NR:H:

"But what this story DOES demonstrate is the abiding interest in wifely infidelity among the LW commentariat. Some love them, and some love to hate them, but the cheating wife story is not going away. CW stories really hit a nerve! Just look at the number of comments taking seriously the fictional antics of imaginary characters! As a beginning author, I take note of this."

I wrote No Reply:Hope in the hope that the debate between BTB and RAAC might get aired out intelligently. Did you know that No Reply, NR:A and NR:H have prompted 689 comments so far, spanning the spectrum of opinion. Speaking from both points of view many comments do that, So from my point of view, NR:H is a success.

In NR:H, two of the questions I asked where what crime was committed and what punishment was fair? There's an intensely political debate on the "offenses" the women committed, and how they relate to past male sins. Putting that aside, how do we punish the women fairly? Some say, cut down the trees. Other say, men get equal cheating rights. Then there's, send the young girls off to sleep with men. How does any of that help to balance the scale?

What if Sam and Will lost it during the barn meeting? What if they got their assault rifles from the truck and lit Bill's house up with the wives inside? Columbine, Sandy Hook, the Orlando night club, the Las Vegas concert - it happens all the time. Why couldn't happen in this story? So, would that punishment (shoot them all) be too much? Or too little? If we just make them cut down the trees, do the wives have to drag the tree trunks to the road, using ropes and sleds? What if they physically can't? Do they get tied across the stumps and whipped? Do they get their heads shaved like the French women who collaborated with the Nazi's? The pictures of that are on YouTube. Is temporary disfigurement enough> How about permanent disfigurement? Cliteroctomy? How about punitive tattoos? What man feels better about his life, himself, his loved ones, his future if this is part of his legacy? How does he boast to his children later of what he did to their mother? How does this heal anything?

In NR:H, at the end, everybody has lost almost everything. The men have their rage and the women have their defiance. What did that get them? When there's nothing left to destroy and every path you might take looks like disaster, maybe the answer is to agree to stop, to do nothing, to let wounds heal, and see what survives. Maybe it's nothing that matters but maybe not. Maybe something survives that matters.

NR:H does not promise that even one marriage survives. Perhaps, Bill and Debbie part ways. Maybe every marriage fails. At least, their failure won't be driven by hate. It's not much, and it sounds like slow death, even to my ears. But don't count hope or love out.

Again, thanks for putting it all out there. Whatever it's flaws, the LW site has more passionate writers and readers than any other like it, anywhere and for that I'm grateful.

chytownchytownabout 5 years ago
Thanks***

For sharing.

sdc97230sdc97230about 5 years ago
The NR stories have gone far beyond the conventional CW trope

As more than one follow-up, including this one, have pointed out, the "tradition" has evolved into a tool by which the wives conspire together to humiliate and threaten their husbands to exert dominance over them. The actual sex is a relatively minor aspect, compared to the long term emotional abuse the downtrodden husbands live with throughout their marriages.

America's divorce courts are filled on a daily basis with people of both genders who have chosen to leave their spouses over far less egregious treatment. It boggles the mind that after four stories this community hasn't seen multiple cases of divorce or husbands who have chosen to remain married but have cut down the trees and used the wood to build themselves separate living quarters where they can continue to support and parent their children while living apart from their wives.

sdc97230sdc97230about 5 years ago
The real "hope" in this tale might be the young

As in Jason, Jeff and their contemporaries. Whether they thought their interludes with older married women were random experiences they'd remember fondly in later years or were already feeling guilty and embarrassed around the husbands whose cuckolding they had played a role in, they now know that it was all a lie, that they were set up by their own mothers, and that the women that gave birth to them intend to someday indoctrinate their future wives into their cult of cheating, emasculating harpies. Hopefully, before they become their fathers, the young men of the community will pack bags, leave to make better lives for themselves than their mothers have planned for them, and never return or look back. Maybe they'll even find a way to warn other young men from the outside what they have to look forward to if they fall prey to the young women their own sisters are being raised to become.

notredame43notredame43about 5 years ago
garbage period

fuck that crap they all want to fuck around cut em loose. Maybe lose money or whatever they aint family and SURE AS SHIT arent loyal loving wives. self respect cant and pride cant be taken onky given away, Sorry but this story from its start was shit.

DarkerBindingDarkerBindingabout 5 years ago
Post-nuptial

Thanks for the story. I respect your effort but if i'd been in the group of men, i'd have insisted on a Post-nuptial from all the women. A zero tolerance, leave with nothing but the clothes on your back agreement. If they were truly wanting to end the tradition and be faithful, they'd have singed it. If not, well...

ThematchthatBurnsThematchthatBurnsabout 5 years ago
Every man get a chainsaw!

Cut their trees down, then burn them! A nice alternative is to soak the trees with pitch and gas and burn them alive! In many ways that's better as the dead skeletons would be visible for a damn long time!

juderboyjuderboyabout 5 years ago
I have a better idea.

not one of these wives knew what it felt like to walk in her husband's shoes. There is the mistake. The husbands need a one time tradition of their own. Let them get to break in some young lady and make sure the wives knew it was happening. THEN, they could sit down and talk things out. I'd be willing to bet the women would not be as forgiving as they expected their husbands to be.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Will no one think of the children?

I have 1 more to read, I can only hope there is something in that one that solves the problem of the tradition. Post nups tying the women up so tight they struggle to breath, destruction of the trees, maybe some good old-fashioned arse whooping to the young bucks as an example of what is the usual response to fucking a married woman.

Then and only then can they start the road to recovery.

danoctoberdanoctoberalmost 5 years ago
Very nice.

Incredible effort to dovetail this from the original. Respect to MichaelFitzgerald for taking on such a task. *****

trandall9991trandall9991almost 5 years ago
juderboy

I love your idea. Someone should write that story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Nope!

I'd of packed my thinks and left. Doing the financial thing, leaving my phone and ring on her bed.

jtwheelsjtwheelsalmost 5 years ago
What a fucked up family cheat and be cheated on pack up and leave

Don't want anything to do with that family

1 star

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 4 years ago
Yeah

Not salvageable without divorces or worse.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 4 years ago
Or to put it another way

You can't polish a turd.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
and how about vice versa.......

the men getting to inaugurate the young women? Turnabout is fair play. Perhaps that should have been the first negotiation and see how the women would have taken that one. Ya know, gander and goose (in this case)

fritz51fritz51over 4 years ago
There was a reasonable story to be told,

But this was not it. The women involved, Debby in particular didn't suffer anything but an argument with the husband.

Maybe reconcile, maybe not (more likely not if it was me) but Debby was exceptionally harsh at the beginning and just doesn't sit well with me that she can just say "I'm sorry" and it all gets forgiven. She did what she did for selfish reasons, believing that her cuckolded husband was powerless to respond in a negative way. She did it knowing that her husband would not grant permission and would be hurt.

He can say "your forgiven" but he'll never forget that she plotted to spend a week fucking that little bastard.

A hall pass for him to screw another woman should have been considered, or perhaps offered as a sign of contrition.

The very least that these bitches should have had to do would be to cut down every tree and burn it themselves, to let them stand would be a constant reminder of the disrespect they had for their husbands.

A post nuptial agreement should also be required, granting the husband permission to divorce at any time without being raped by the court.

I just hate an ending where the wife has had some "in his face" affair & he just rolls over like a beaten dog and accepts it.

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 4 years ago
still a cuckold story

and this one was worse than the last one. Why remarry a slut. The mom would still be dead to me and you keep acting like someone dropped a pencil....not he fucked your wife with your mom's help.......CUCKOLD

tazz317tazz317over 4 years ago
WHY IS IT HARD TO BELIEVE THEY NOW WANT TO FOSTER FAMILY VALUES

forgiveness can only reach so far, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
jesus CHrist

seriously what is with all these dipshit authors who promise new sequels where the story WONT end with the men as a spineless cuck only for the story to end in the EXACT SAME PLACE with the men as spineless cucks

Doesnt matter what road you meander down or how the scenery in between changes - if your end destination is the same it is still the same story

ojalalalaojalalalaover 4 years ago
This is my least favorite of the responses to the original...

Strange that the one named "hope" would be the one in which the wife knows about the tradition much longer than the time since the funeral and confesses that she'd have gone for the cheat even if her husband had said no, she wanted that young stuff that bad. They need the women trainers to go with the "trainees" and dig those trees up, then call the husbands in for some rage reduction as they replace the wives in pulling the trees and destroying or otherwise disposing of the monuments marking their cuckolding. This vow renewal or replacement isn't enough considering how readily the original vows got thrown away.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJover 4 years ago
Not great

I liked the one where all the trees were dug up and destroyed. That was a strong symbol.

vickitvohiovickitvohioover 4 years ago
agreeing with anonymous?

I never thought I'd agree with an anonymous, but it's true. three sad chapters of cuckolds that end with cuckolds. smh. I believe in reconciliation too, but NONE of these women warrant it lol

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 4 years ago

"I told you I would lie to you and go behind your back to cheat. " -Well, wasn't that the truth?

Sorry, not buying it. What penance did the women pay?

We still have Debbie's admission that she would have cheated if he didn't go along with the tradition.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Nada

Wives got no punishment for cheating on their husbands except getting their marriage vows renewed. Poor wives.

anon.1

robroy93robroy93about 4 years ago
Good story

But I think I need to check out the original and other sequels to really comment on this unusual story.

skruff101skruff101about 4 years ago

The original and all the alternates are based on the premise that the husband would go along with the tradition.

The defence for going along with it is divorce would bankrupt him. Surely financial ruin would be a welcome price to pay for getting rid of a cheating bitch.

Add all the pages up, original and alternates you’ve got lots of wasted time and effort, could have covered everything in half a page “My lawyer will be in touch” job done.

General fiction must have at least a tenuous connection to reality for it to be labelled a good story, it gives the reader an anchor they can relate to, this particular group of stories didn’t lol

ScorpioJJScorpioJJabout 4 years ago
The trees had to go

Then the unrepentant wives

KRD19254KRD19254about 4 years ago

What a facade, all the married couples took a VOW and the empowered wives decided to break it. So take the VOW again and all the wives will be saintly - until they get the hots for a young stud, BS.

What about the fathers? And the daughters had no say in stopping this slut tradition?

The trees need not get cut down?

This is a ridiculous story but what the hell it is a fiction site, with lots of sick twisted minds. 3* at best

Rallen86Rallen86about 4 years ago
A nice effort

I agree that there’s no justification for what the women did. And I don’t see how they suffered at all. At a minimum the trees need to go. It seems unlikely that every marriage would have survived. One thing I wondered about was whether the women included the younger wives who have yet to cheat in their meeting while the men were in the shed. Would have been nice to see some of them denounce the older women and say they wanted no part of it. I imagine that some of them would have been bitter that they are going to miss out on ‘their turn’ though. Same with the younger boys who have yet to have their week with the older women so I can see more cheating in the future. Well done on the thought provoking story.

Sam3501Sam3501about 4 years ago

Good potential

But it failed badly. The men huffed and puffed. But in the end they folded like wimps.

The women didn't even suffer a little. In the end the woman won. If the story was continued I wouldn't doubt that they would continue the cuckolding behind the husbands back

Artie88Artie88almost 4 years ago
WHY are authors doing this?

There is no way to add a BTB sequel to No Reply.

In the original, the protagonist had the clear opportunity to put a stop to it, but he didn't.

He got what he deserved. END OF STORY,.

THIS IS JUST MORE BULLSHIT

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Had promise but......

story started well, had promise, them it just wimped out, wife admitted she wanted to do it, should have just walked away,

lujon2019lujon2019over 3 years ago

They are still all cucks

A cuck is a man who accepts the fuck slut cheating on him, the all kept their whores, they are all still cucks

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userMichaelFitzgerald@MichaelFitzgerald
298 Followers
Just trying to tell a story. Hope you like them.

SIMILAR Stories