No Show Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Chief Moynahan: "I talked to Dennis Garland, the City Attorney. We will be vigorously contesting any lawsuit by Anthony Wilson and his family, as well as vigorously pressing the charges against him that include assaulting a Police Officer, resisting arrest, and inciting to riot. He will be enjoying at least ten years as the guest of the State Prizzzon Sys-tmmmm. Sheriff?"

Sheriff Griswold growled "The Board of Inquest has been postponed by I.G. Goodwin after last night's incident. I'll be talking with him about that, and also handling the Union issues. Louis Bailey has renewed his grievance and added two new ones against Crowbar... one over usurping his authority, and one over what he's calling an assault when you shoved him---"

"After Bailey grabbed Don just when Don was going to engage Wilson?" said Teresa. "That looked like the real assault to me."

The Sheriff said "And Bailey is aware of that, and that he's in a world of shit with me. Don't worry about Crowbar. Jack, what do you know about the USDOJ?"

Muscone said "Ava Hinds is in The City already. Her plane landed at City International Airport just fifteen minutes after the Council incident started, which means she was already on the way. But she has not shown up at the Federal Building yet, so I don't know if she is on the way here, or meeting people somewhere else in The City or another place..."

It hit me. A feeling, like a small jolt to my electrical system in my brain and body. It was a feeling I couldn't ever quite remember having had before. It was like a premonition... no, more like sensing something that was happening right at that moment. Everything else seemed to recede into the background.

After a moment, I looked over at Cindy. She nodded; she had felt it, too. And her eyes seemed to say 'Welcome to the Vibe Club'.

"Jack..." I said as I came back. "Something has happened. Something big, something important. Can you check in with your office, or whoever you check in with?"

"Uh, yeah, I guess." said Muscone as he fished out his cellphone. "But they'll---"

*CHIME!*

It was Jack's cellphone. He read the text, looked up at me, and said "How do you do it?"

I said "Is it... what I think it is?"

"Yes." said Muscone. Then he said more loudly, to everyone: "EAD Owen Lange just died..."

Finis.

1...345678