All Comments on 'No Tell Motel - Peeling the Onion'

by richardbedfordwhite

Sort by:
  • 19 Comments
BriteaseBriteaseabout 1 year ago

Inventive but deffinately possible.

Karl_HundassonKarl_Hundassonabout 1 year ago

Great business concept... :)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Now this was different.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Clever angle. Still, would have liked to see some of the bloodshed/drama from the cheating wife’s side. This IS “Loving Wives” after all. 4 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

The writing quality is good, checks off Writer's Workshop criteria.

I have mixed feelings about the storyline itself, in that the "cheating" part did not have any feeling of excitement to it--more a rote rendition of..."she does this, he does that"--which not only deprived the story of any erotic sexual aspect...but ended without any "ending".

That the intro alluded to..."what goes on behind the scenes of an average "cheaters' rendezvous motel"--that allusion does not really provide much of a basis for the abrupt transition from a tale of an affair to the mundane business operations of a mob money laundering scheme.

As Britease opined--the idea was a creative basis for a story; but it wasn't very interesting as written.

BehindbluisBehindbluisabout 1 year ago

Perhaps closer to real life than most would believe. And at the rate knowledge increases this may all be old hat by tomorrow afternoon. Thanks for another look at something that could provide new fodder for the Loving Wives genre.

BSreaderBSreaderabout 1 year ago
Interesting

Hummm

NudeInMaineNudeInMaineabout 1 year ago

One question, I quote: “She had shaved it completely in the shower this morning as a surprise for Tom and later tonight for her husband”. So Tom is not her husband. Later in the story, it says that John asked her to shave her pussy. So question is, who is Tom?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

This was much more of a cautionary tale, than erotica. It’s a story about the commercialization of “honeypots.”

26thNC26thNCabout 1 year ago

That was interesting. I don’t like cheaters, so maybe the mob will get them.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Clever.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I don't understand how they sell cheating video's to the betrayed spouses, especially with the notorious examples of real life fake videos now commonly seen. Why would a spouse even respond to such an offer unless they already had suspicions, and how would they be convinced that the video was real? And once the spouse watches a video of their mate cheating what do they need with the video in a no-fault divorce state?

\

And how long before it becomes common knowledge that the motels are recording the customers in their rooms? With all the outed customers, the maintenance and room service staff gossiping and complaining it wouldn't be a secret for more than a few weeks, months if they were lucky.

\

Yeah, what happened to the cheating assholes would be an interesting read. The phony business plan for a mob family was just boring.

EastCoaster1EastCoaster1about 1 year ago

There's an old saw that coukd apply here, saying "just because I'm paranoid, it DOESN'T mean they're not out to get me !"

This is a very well done and light-hearted treatment of something not only possible, but probable in today's techno society...

...a similar topic has been raised many times with folks using it to pander to their own sense of paranoia, or their immersion into various conspiracy theorists, usually around a governmental Big Brother.

This tale shows a darker version of intelligence gathering, topped off by a great ending !

5 stars for a well-done, and possibly cautionary, tale of darker uses of new technology.

onlythelonelyloveonlythelonelyloveabout 1 year ago

It doesn’t make sense to sell the porn rights for the room. Or to mindlessly blackmail people. Word would get out and the place where real money is made-actionable intelligence would be lost. Reputation matters and someone would blow cover. The police would get involved and the hotel would be raided, etc. the issue is to make money and not get greedy… why? E abuse the video would show the room. The camera angles would tip anyone off as to the set-up…

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Not bad . I don’t understand how comments are how the sell the videos. It’s a story people , fiction either enjoy it as a story or not but stop try to figure out the hows

oldtwitoldtwitabout 1 year ago

That’s a good well thought out story, as much as the tech is in existence now, and it’s possible to do, it wouldn’t happen, but as a story it’s great,

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

A well tried business plan.

Works for Google, Facebook and the like.

The Chinese government is big on this as well.

Walk down a city street and all that crap is in play today.

The information age won't end well for most.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Extremely scary vision that is not science fiction anymore. Entertaining. Thank you.

InfosaugerInfosauger12 months ago

I would like to know what happened to the cheating couple at the beginning of the story?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous