Once It Gets Dark Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I still remembered how I had been woken up by the emergency notifications on my phone and seen the images plastered all over the news and social media platforms, the piles of bodies in the streets, thousands of people. Had he been there? Had he been part of the slaughter? Most likely so.

But Ren was right, it had been us who started the war. When we had found out, that there was a portal to another land hidden between the folds of our reality, our first thought had been to make it ours. We had thought the Veril to be some kind of primitive fairy-creatures, their nature magic no match for our technology. But soon we'd had to realize how horribly our ignorance and greed had misguided us. Not only was the Veril magic much more terrible than anything we had imagined, they had also taken our technology and used it against us. As it turned out, the primitive ones had been us all along.

After we had bombed their unsuspecting forest-cities, we had counted on their swift capitulation. Instead, a few day later, our troops had been faced with the Kirtim Shenk, armed not only with swords, spells and cursed arrows, but also with guns, cars and tanks. We should have realized by then that it was over. But we didn't.

I looked at Ren in his uniform. Such a menacing creature with his tall stature, his broad shoulders. His body marked with the scars that combat had left on him. I could not imagine the horror it must mean to face him on a battlefield.

He gave me a quizzical look, "If it had been up to me we would not have stopped until all what remained of your nation were its ashes. I thought that the Treaty was despicable. The whole idea of mixing our blood with that of your people repulsed me.

"But then, one moon ago, I had to come to this capital on a mission and when I passed by the park in front of your house, I caught your scent. I do not know what it was, but since then I have not been able to get you out of my head.

Therefore, when I had to come back to Berlin for this full moon, I decided to go your house again."

I shuddered, processing the things he had just told me. I understood him to some extend. The Veril had known about our existence, since pretty much forever. Yet they had never attacked us.

Of course there had been contact: The rich collections of fairy tales, that my country is so proud of, shines in a different light now, that we know another realm exists, and most likely some of the stories about magic, elves and fairies actually told about real encounters with the Veril.

But the Veril could have attacked us at any time -- yet they didn't, they could have taken all us women before -- yet they didn't, and even after they had won the war they had been relatively lenient. We had burned their cities and their inhabitants and bombed their sacred forests -- I couldn't blame Ren, the warrior, for thinking we had gotten off too easily.

What had happened to me was unfair on a personal level, especially considering that I had voted against the war, but it was not so unfair on a bigger scale, even though I had a hard time accepting it.

"And now?" I asked him.

"Well, mishtz'in, I thought that this strange obsession would go away after I fucked you, but...," he gave me a deep look, and I could see his pupil expanding, the black swallowing the gold up entirely. It was a dangerously beautiful sight and I could feel the desire for him growing in my core even more.

"That is so fascinating!" I whispered, mesmerized by his dangerous beauty.

"What is fascinating?" He asked, his voice low.

"How your eyes turn dark like that."

"Do you like it?" he smiled dangerously. "If I keep thinking about the things I will do to you, my eyes are soon going to be completely black."

God, he was so hot! His smile turned more predatory as he got closer.

"Would you like that, too?"

"Yes," I answered breathlessly. I was getting wetter the longer he kept looking so intensely at me.

"What do you say, Annatz'in? Tonight you belong to me, but since you have bled for me, I will grant you a choice: If you want me to leave, say one word now and I will. But if you let me stay, I will spend our remaining hours of darkness making up for having ruined your first time with a man."

The choice was clear of course: I had to tell the demon soldier from another dimension to leave my house and to never come close to me again. But there he was, standing in front of me like some kind of dark fairy prince -- the most attractive man I had ever seen.

I wanted him so badly -- would it not be a waste to send him away now, after what he had offered me?

12