Organism X Ch. 11

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I'm going to help a friend. Melissa's coming with me."

Jessie held up a hand.

"What? You're going out now? That's not a good idea."

"Well I'm going and that's final. Okay?" Bethany said.

Jessie walked over and grabbed the practice sword from the corner of the dorm room. She brushed a patch of caked dirt off the edge and returned to the front.

"I'll go with you. Strength in numbers, right?"

"I don't think that's necessary," Bethany said. "The more people with us, the more it's going to freak my friend out."

"Would you rather not freak your friend out or not be turned? It's your choice."

Bethany crumbled after a few seconds. Melissa could sense she was running on empty and this new crisis was only depleting her faster.

"Fine, you can come along, but no one else."

"Deal," Jessie answered.

Haley and Penny said goodbye to them as they left the dorm room. Eliza said nothing. As the door slammed behind her, Melissa felt a sinking feeling deep in her bones. Something bad was going to happen and now her fate was sealed.

9

Ellie Thomas stomped down the path, fuming about what happened at dinner.

Bethany had her new friends. She didn't have time for boring old Ellie and all her problems. She was better than that.

Ellie felt a fresh storm of tears looming on the horizon. She hated being so torn up about this. Hell, she was not even thinking about Jon at this point. Meeting up with him was a formality.

When Ellie had found out last Spring that Bethany was going to Bailey college as well, she had been overjoyed. Having a close friend already on campus? It promised to be a blast!

Instead, it was a nightmare. Bethany found friends immediately. Meanwhile, Ellie had no one. She and her roommate hated each other. She could not connect with anyone in her classes. Jon was the only connection she had made and that was tenuous at best.

Oh God, why am I such a loser? Ellie thought. No wonder Bethany wants nothing to do with me.

Suddenly, Ellie looked up and saw Jon waiting for her on the bench by the memorial garden. Time had a way of moving quickly when you were mad, apparently.

"Alright, I'm here. Let's talk," Ellie said.

Jon stood up and smiled nervously. He looks humbled, Ellie thought to herself. That was good. Maybe they could start over.

"I'm sorry, Ellie."

Ellie felt her heart flutter. Maybe there was a chance for things to turn around. That was the one bright spot in her life now.

"It's okay. I mean, it really hurt me, but I appreciate your apology."

Jon winced a little and took a step back.

"I'm really sorry," he said.

Ellie laughed out loud and then immediately slapped her hand to her mouth to stop it. The boy looked like a kicked puppy!

He must really know he's in the doghouse.

"It's okay. I'm willing to move past it," Ellie said. "Just never pull that kind of crap again. Got it?"

Jon shook his head.

"This was a mistake. I'm really sorry."

Ellie's heart turned to ice in her chest. Was he dumping her for good? Did he call her all the way out here just to leave her lonelier than before?

Before Ellie got a chance to respond, she was grabbed from behind. She yelped only to have a strong hand cover her mouth, muffling her.

"Just don't hurt her," Jon said to whoever was holding Ellie.

"I'll do my best," a husky female voice said.

Then there was a bright green flash. Ellie felt an overwhelming tingle radiate from between her legs before everything went blank.

10

Melissa shivered as she stood next to the bench, feeling her spirits sink lower by the minute. Bethany was in a full-blown panic and Jessie was clearly losing her temper.

"Ellie! Ellie where are you!" Bethany screeched.

"For God's sake, she's not here. All you're doing is making us a big fucking target," Jessie snapped.

Bethany ignored her and continued to shout. Her voice was getting hoarse, taking on a huskier tone that was dripping with sorrow.

And here I am, right in the middle of this mess and as useless as ever, Melissa thought. Why had she come? Was it fresh air? Was it the futile desire to feel like a normal person again?

Melissa couldn't tell. Her brain was a swirling cauldron of emotions. She couldn't ladle out the broth and find one clear ingredient. It was all mixed and muddled.

"Why don't you give your friend a call. That way we don't get attacked and you save your vocal cords. Sound good?" Jessie said.

"I've done that! She isn't answering me. Why don't you help me look for her instead of telling me to shut up?"

Melissa felt so useless. She had hardly said a word since leaving the dorm. She was tired of being a helpless victim.

"She probably just met up with this guy. Besides, you guys were fighting. Maybe she's still mad at you," Melissa said.

"Maybe," Bethany muttered. "Maybe I overreacted."

Jessie shrugged.

"Either way, she ain't here. Let's go home."

Suddenly, Melissa felt hands on her shoulders and hot breath on her ear. Emily Bloom's soft, tantalizing voice spoke to her.

"Actually, she's with us," the girl whispered. "But we didn't know how important she is to the tall one. Thank you for that."

The presence of the infected girl faded away, leaving Melissa trembling in the cold. She was as pale as a ghost and her eyes bulged like she had just witnessed a gruesome battle.

"Hey, are you okay?" Jessie asked.

Bethany rushed over to Melissa and put her arm around her shoulder.

"Mel, what is it?"

"I-uh-um," Melissa couldn't find the right words. How could she possibly convey what was happening to her?

Suddenly, Bethany's phone chimed, indicating that she received a text. She broke away from Melissa in an instant and ripped the phone out of her pocket to have a look. When she opened the message, she let loose a sobbing gasp and clapped her open hand over her mouth.

The phone screen displayed an image of a slender girl with short, curly blonde hair bound and gagged. She was being held by two women, one that Melissa recognized. Emily Bloom's eyes blazed with the same noxious green light as in Melissa's dream.