Our Journey into an FLR Ch. 04

Story Info
Finding the right balance.
1.4k words
4.54
6.7k
4

Part 4 of the 6 part series

Updated 11/24/2023
Created 11/09/2023
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
mhmm23
mhmm23
47 Followers

We had gotten in a good rhythm. I was no longer as uncomfortable with dishing out punishments and I had gotten a lot stricter. But there were still some challenges. I felt bad for hurting him and when I really put in the effort to be strict I felt like he spent more time over my knee than on the couch. First I would spank him for tone, and then for attitude, and then for not complying with my spanking to perfection. I was getting concerned, thinking, is this what it will be like now every day? Luckily, I did the smart thing and talked to him about it. Asked him why we still had a bad tone sometimes even though I was getting stricter and the answer turned out to be pretty simple, the spankings didn't stick. They simply weren't hard enough to be feared and remembered.

Here's the thing about men, particularly macho men, they respond to power and authority. They are also tough so a little bit of pain won't dissuade them. Michael is the kind of guy who could run a mile on a broken leg if you know what I mean. Basically, we needed to step things up. I did some research on different implements and their impact and we discussed the different options. Leather belts, paddles, bath brushes and canes tended to top the lists. Now bath brushes and leather belts are great because they don't look like BDSM kit, you can have them openly and they are easy enough to keep in sight. One issue though is that they are loud, in particular belts. Now we live in detached housing so it's a bit simpler, but at the time we were in a condo and the noise was a genuine concern, in particular at night.

After reviewing options together we ordered some new implements. When they arrived I read up on technique and even watched a video on how to give a caning, the internet really is a marvelous place. Then it was off for practice, one of my top recommendations for those exploring. First up, you need to figure out how stuff works and how it feels, and that requires communication. Second of all, practice makes perfect. So we tested out the implements and tried different positions and varying levels of force. I'm not going to give you all the details because I truly think you should explore this on your own, and have fun doing it! A fair word of warning though, it really does require some practice. In particular the cane.

The biggest realization was just how much harder I could go. Michael made me understand that there are basically three limits to how hard I can discipline him. The first one is what I think is the limit. That is well below the second one, which is what he thinks is the limit. And that is still well below the third one, which is the actual limit. This did require some resetting, but the main point is this, if the spankings aren't changing his behavior, they're not hard enough.

A reflection I have made when writing this is on the meaning of a female led relationship, in particular how it differs from femdom and domestic discipline. Supposedly, an FLR is a relationship where the woman leads. She takes on more of the traditional male role and acts as the leader. Femdom on the other hand is more about sexual domination from a female, think more of BDSM and porn. Domestic discipline is simply getting punished in an organized way. You are late for dinner, you get spanked. Sort of.

Where does our relationship fall into that? I have referred to it as an FLR, and still do, but mostly because femdom sounds to BDSM for my taste and domestic discipline is a bit too long, and sounds too harsh. Now although FLR swaps some of the traditional gender roles, it is NOT gender swapping. The man is still a man, and the woman is still a woman. However, a lot of what is written about FLR tends to go either in the direction of strong feminism or femdom. Ours is neither. My man is still very much a man (more so now than when we started) I am very much a woman (more so than when we started), so a lot of the FLR stuff doesn't seem to fit. In fact, if anything I would say that we appear like a very traditional couple, but a traditional couple with a strong woman. A 1950's housewife who spanks her husband in private. Not really of course, I have a job and we are not THAT traditional. But I think it is important to reflect on this, what kind of relationship do you want? What does your mental image look like? What does his mental image look like?

I work in a big corporate and like all big corporates we have a mission statement and a company vision. Now a lot of this may sound like corporate bullshit, and it did for me as well, but through parts of my career I also learned why companies do that. It's to find a shared goal, a shared vision, something that everyone can work toward always even when not working together. What's my point? Well, the same thing goes for your relationship. If you have a shared vision, a shared ideal about what your relationship and life should be like, you don't have to worry so much about the detail. So talk your husband or boyfriend, and figure that out together.

But things were getting good. We went on a trip together and as much as I love traveling, I was also concerned because vacation was for some reason a time for arguments and I hated that. A long weekend away, flying and staying in a hotel with nice restaurants and all that, our new lifestyle was going to get put to the test.

Now, I'm a planner. I pack my bags two days before, I book everything we are doing and plan out every part of the trip. My husband on the other hand packs a duffel bag an hour before we get in the car. It drives me nuts, because invariably he forgets stuff, we are late and I end up stressing. So this time I told him to make a pack list and show it to me the weekend before on Friday. He actually forgot this, but the spanking I gave him, berating him for risking our trip was something he would not forget. I gave him the 50 hard spanks with the belt while scolding him for failing such a simple assignment. He also lost his orgasm privilege for the week and I bet that hurt as much as the spanking itself.

His second assignment was to have his bag fully packed, and himself completely ready to go two hours before we had to get in the car. After the Friday night whipping he was actually ready two and half hours before and everything looked proper, which made me very pleased. So what did I do? I told him to strip and go to the bedroom. He looked confused but complied. I let him stew for a bid for joining him and then told him that this trip was going to be perfect, no arguments, no fighting, no stress. To make sure of that I was going to keep him on a short leash and that started now.

And so over my knee he went for a long hard dose of the hairbrush. It was a long and hard spanking and I made sure to cover his entire butt until it was deep red and he was begging for me to stop. In short, I was making sure he would be reminded of this through the car drive and the plane ride all the way to our hotel, and let me tell you, it worked! I threatened to make him wear panties which really put a scare in him and he promised to behave if I would let him off the hook for that. I mean, imagine those TSA scanners where they see what you are wearing. Ha, that would be embarrassing! I wasn't going to make him wear them, but I did want him to be on his best behavior. He was a proper gentleman the entire way to the hotel.

The rest of our long weekend was great. I spanked him everyday, thinking that I would rather spank him once too much then let an argument ruin the trip. It was a romantic nice getaway, just like I wanted, and the only thing I had to do was a couple of spankings, and the odd warning that he might get one.

mhmm23
mhmm23
47 Followers