Our Vision

Story Info
Let us make erotic art an equal top medium of entertainment.
780 words
5
2.8k
2
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

If we reeeally take a look at the history of the world... Erotica has always been at the forefront of art's beginnings in every culture's rise.

From Bawdy folk songs, Egyptian erotic poetry, Ancient Greek sculptures, to Renaissance paintings, to Japanese woodblock canvases - it's even in the Bible! Go read Songs of Solomon!

Today, we have the biggest and quickest access to all erotica ever made and it's still getting bigger! Heh..

Written original stories, drawings, M-rated fanfiction and fan-art, adult comics and manga, erotic audio dramas, R-rated games, animated hentai, erotic real-life cosplays and even live-action porn flicks both highly produced and indie made! OH MY!

And there's more to come! Heheheh..

With VR and AR technology bceoming more and more developed, plus the beginnings of growth and ease in the use of holographic technology, there are limitless ways sex and sensuality can and WILL be expressed!

But WHY does it seem like erotica is only appreciated as art and as a part of pop culture from seldom trends and the occasional hot scene from a blockbuster movie or show? Sometimes, still shown in a negative light.

Even though sex and sensuality tends to be a general topic as open as it can be talked about today and seen so abundantly and egregiously in ALL forms of entertainment...

Why does it still seem like you can't talk about openly-erotic and X-rated forms of entertainment without being dismissed as a low-life?

Real erotica and their communities like us can still tend to be relegated as low-brow art made only by people who want their horniness to seem sophisticated at best, or worse, tend to be dismissed as filth made by lonely virgins who can only get off from the most perverse story they can find.

My friends, this should not be!

I fully believe that the best of erotica should ALSO be in pop-culture discussions, debates, ratings lists, bigger fandom communities, video essays of fan dissections and overanalyses, and should also be seen as just as artistically relevant as commercial TV shows and films.

And to make that happen is by just talking more about erotica!

We need to geek out and talk more about the smut we love, whether written, audio, visual or live-action!

The closest model of that as a community I've seen is with the closely attached sub-culture of the anime community, the hentai community.

In case you're unfamiliar, hentai is adult anime-styled porn. And now, we have anime-loving personalities on YouTube even openly discussing and fighting over their top ranked hentai anime!

I wanna see more of that shit everywhere!

Also, I truly believe we as the community we have now should be responsible gatekeepers to new fans and also have our ready-to-share recommended lists of our favorite stories and what we consider to be... the Greatest. Erotica. of All Time!

I fully apply the Dave Meltzer star-ratings scale in rating the quality of the stories I love in my own way of appreciating each aspect of the story and I fully believe we have not only so many Five Star stories here, but also Six Star stories and even Seven Star stories!

I write because I want to add my work in the ring and help grow this community of ours by making a story worth 6.5 Stars out of Five to me and all the people who are looking for the kind of stories I want to see too!

We're in Literotica, baby!

We've got thousands of great stories!

And with my friends' help and support, I can say I'm doing a pretty good job.

My grand vision with the stories I write is that they will soon be re-made with my future team as graphic novels in the style of Japanese manga - and maybe even as an anime series! - proving that porn CAN go well with plot, as it ALWAYS has been!

I also dream that YOU - yes YOU, my dear reader can also make your smut that can push forward this incoming reality of erotica getting mainstream recognition.

YOU can do it! Take inspiration from your mind's fantasies and your favorite characters, TV shows, anime, films, comics, porn and even audio dramas.

Be brave enough to be okay with failing! Ask around in the forums for help. Look at other good erotica and take it from there. Drop me a message if you need help too!

Together, we will make erotica more famous!

That is my vision.

That is my goal.

Let us make erotic art as an equal, top medium of entertainment. As it already should be!

Yours truly,

Mr. Lightning Star

and His Dank Elite Friends