Pay in Gold Pt. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Vhyirmat smiled and flashed him a moment's thought of her undressing by the berth in the ship. But her time in the village was drawing to a close and she let the image fade in Wilson's mind.

As the baggage man prepared for the arrival of the 8.13 up train she overheard him talking authoritatively to the slightly slow young apprentice. Ela knew that Mr. Rank, the baggage master, read the Daily Mail religiously, albeit at no cost, by squirming it out of the bundle for the village bookseller and then jamming it back in to the shipment. And between the murky photos of lightly clad actresses and brief articles about society divorces, he read the leaders about world affairs.

"That Kaiser Bill is up to something, I believe." It was apparent to Ela/Vhyirmat that her trip to Berlin was widely discussed. The young apprentice looked puzzled and suggested that all politicians were up to something.

"Well, let me simplify," Rank slowly simplified.

"You see, they say London is a man's town and it's all about what he's got between his legs." The apprentice nodded agreement. "And Paris is a woman's town and it's all about what she's got between her legs." The apprentice nodded and leered. "So, I figure Berlin is a..."

The explanation was drowned out by a piercing whistle of the 8.13, steam jetting from valves, the slamming of carriage doors, farewells. All that Ela/Vhyirmat caught was a glimpse of the apprentice's jaw dropping in shock. She would have to find the answer herself.

... to be continued.

12