All Comments on 'Phone Call'

by CrazyDaveTrucker60

Sort by:
  • 61 Comments
Diecast1Diecast1about 2 months ago

Nice story, sort of. AA++

OverconfidentSarcasmOverconfidentSarcasmabout 2 months ago

There isn't a single paragraph that doesn't contain a typo. The plot makes absolutely no sense. The conversation between the two characters reads like a monologue made up in the husband's head while pondering how he would have liked the scene to play out. And it's longer than 750 words despite containing multiple useless passages.

I think this is one of the most low-effort writing submissions I ever read on this site...

Karl_HundassonKarl_Hundassonabout 2 months ago

Totally unrealistic. That's what makes it fun. :)

CumminginsiderherCumminginsiderherabout 2 months ago

Boring

Another phoned in story

RePhilRePhilabout 2 months ago

Very poorly written. Far too many typos and story gaps for the readers here in LW. Maybe we’ve been spoiled with the high caliber of the top writers in LW, much to the displeasure of the other writers. I only give 5stars or no score at all. The later is applied to this effort

statestreetstatestreetabout 2 months ago

This story is sad, but fun. Sad that Samantha became so self-absorbed that she couldn't imagine anything that didn't involve her and fun that Glenn didn't dwell on his failed marriage. To me it merits 5 *s.

Busman19639Busman19639about 2 months ago

A great little story except for the phone call indicating a sexy vacation not only with the GF but her sister AND her mother. Maybe there for the benefit of Sam but…

someoneothersomeoneotherabout 2 months ago

Author has eaten all the cliches but has no concept of divorce law.

AZslyderAZslyderabout 2 months ago

Fun little nuclear option here. Plus a bonus laugh for the flame comment about spelling with a spelling error - thanks for the giggle Phil.

deadonedeadoneabout 2 months ago

Well, it's a story. Not sure if belongs here or in SciFi, maybe is there a padded room section?

GreyMatter46GreyMatter46about 2 months ago

Nice job on the ex. He's not much better than his ex though. I guess I live on the moral high ground. thanks

Peter_ClevelandPeter_Clevelandabout 2 months ago

The demand for BTB stories never seems to flag, so I guess you can't blame an author for producing a product to meet the demand. But I do think that CDT60 is at his best--not when he's detailing the perfidy of the "cheating bitch" the narrator is now divorcing--but when he's letting his MC have wild, crazy, POSITIVE sex with a variety of improbable and more-or-less inappropriate partners. In other words, I wish "Phone Call" were more like (95% of) "Wild and Wicked White Wedding." Still, "Phone Call" is a pretty decent story.

Lifestyle66Lifestyle66about 2 months ago

I rarely ever HATE a story with a 1. But this comes close.

As others have said, it's poorly written, and it tries to employ about every trope to attract those Loving Wives hater audience who "high-5" the BTB stories. And the phone call just went overboard. Why didn't you have his girlfriend bring all of her sorority sisters along?

So, it's a 2.

114FSO114FSOabout 2 months ago

I liked the story. A similar situation happened to a friend of mine. Including providing his then wife with the complete divorce packet, pictures, videos, and text messages. Her phone was on his plan, and her trysts that were recorded happened in their home. So, no legal problems. Served her for irreconcilable differences as a result of her infidelity. She left for her weekend of fun. Several of his friends and I helped him empty the house over the weekend, posting a "FREE" to Facebook Marketplace. What ever didn't get scarfed up, was given to the Salvation Army. She returned Monday evening, "For Sale" sing in the front yard, and a totally empty gutted house. He had already left, Not only the house, but the country, transferring everything penny they had to a foreign bank. She got stuck with the mortgage, credit cards, along with taxes on all the early withdraws from investments. As far as I know, she has never found him, and it's been almost eight years now.

Mrhappy4aaMrhappy4aaabout 2 months ago

Just another average story of infidelity... Why is it that the cheating is ALWAYS 6 months or a year before the cuck husband finds out his wife is a slut.?

lujon2019lujon2019about 2 months ago

less than half a story less than half a score

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

And the grandmother of the new girlfriend will not be fucked?

Kernow2023Kernow2023about 2 months ago

good one very funny

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Be careful what you wish for because it can come back and smack you in the ass.

Mac_LapuMac_Lapuabout 2 months ago

The way the wife reacted to that last conversation she truly was out of the marriage a long time ago. The hubby was iñocently clueless until 6 months ago but he finally did something good for himself.

/

Thanks @CrazyDaveTrucker60.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Funny with a little fantasy thrown in.

WhackdoodleWhackdoodleabout 2 months ago

You could have saved yourself the trouble and not printed it.

As it stands: this is the typical Disney story for dudes. The evil wife is having an affair, gets discovered and then suddenly becomes a complete moron believing that there is a marriage to fix. I mean come on, man. While some women are that dumb, most would have left their partner after realizing there are younger and better men out there.

MountainMan1336MountainMan1336about 2 months ago

LOL I loved the hell out of this story. 5 Stars very funny

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Totally flat nonsense.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Funny. Rotflmao! 5 Stars!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

That was sad, and I don’t mean emotionally.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

10 stars! The whore got hers! Glenn is about to get his and her family, too!

KevinTheEngineerKevinTheEngineerabout 2 months ago

RePhil

Not too meany of those submissions that spoiled us came from you ! Did they?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Just a bunch of run n sentences by a writer who does this often. No real plot and the title says: Conversation” but the writing was pure diatribe. You should try and make and stick to a story outline.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Fun read. I think you hit all the required buttons to qualify for thermonuclear. Don’t worry about the word count, I loved every one of them. 5s

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

This little episode does not rise to the level of “story”. A story has a plot and characters. This is not much more than a rant/monologue by the cardboard cutout MC, while his cardboard cutout wife just stands there and listens. He moralistically judges his wife wanting a gang bang, but his new girlfriend gives him her sister and her mother for his birthday? Hypocrite much?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Handing her the bottle of lube while giving no fucks, epic! Totally redeemed the overstep with the mom bit. I could look the other way on the sister joining. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Epilogue: After the party Sam tried to play the "me too" card and sue her employer and the men involved. Too bad hubby was still in the area and had all the evidence the defense needed to prove she was nothing more than a cheating skank slut who asked for all of it. Glenn made a pretty penny helping the defense attorney. Later, when Samantha was completely shattered, she was abducted by four men who hauled her down to Tijuana and sold her to a whore house. She made it about 3 years before the STD's did her in. Nobody gave a flying fuck.

nixroxnixroxabout 2 months ago

3 stars - for a generic, run-of-the-mill, sad BTB story.

Thankfully, the teenage kids no longer seem to care what their mother does anymore.

I hoe the SLUT enjoys the rest of her life in a Mexican or South American brothel.

TrainerOfBimbosTrainerOfBimbosabout 2 months ago

I'm not even sure what I read. It sounded like a monologue/one way conversation and a ridiculous one to boot.

HottalesHottalesabout 2 months ago

I guess this story Should be in a new category "Cheating witches"

Looks like she got it in the end At least he gave her lube!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 2 months ago

I wouldn't let her keep the engagement ring. That''s worth serious money!

\

Could have done without her sister and mother.

\

@someoneother, we have no idea of the divorce law where this story is set, plus, despite being a reality Nazi, I realize that authors create their own universes.

\

@GreyMatter, why osn't he better than his ex? The divorce may not be final, but the marriage is over, why should he deny himself?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Enjoyed the story until the phone call with the wife's "replacement" where the sister & mother want to join in the festivities. Yes, ironic that the woman who betrays her husband & going to a gang bang, & cut him off for 6mos from having sex with her, becomes jealous (enraged?) when he makes other plans, then wonders why he's not trying to stop her, to reconcile.

The unasked question: why did he even wait 6mos, knowing what she's doing? Seriously? Actually, with that in mind, he deserves what he's getting. Unfortunately, the story didn't indicate what happened to her in/ during/ after the party, her family's response(s), & the divorce. At best, a 3 star story. Bob

inka2222inka2222about 2 months ago

@Peter_Cleveland - which part of this is "BTB"??? He is giving her 50% of everything so she's not losing ANYTHING. She won, 100%. There's NO burning other than her being mildly jealous that he gets to fuck someone too. He COULD have blackmailed her into 80/20. The author COULD have set the kids against her. He could have destroyed their company. But no, he's a good little idiot who gives her 50/50. Oh, and apparently his gf's mother is cheating on her boyfriend with MC who's totally cook with it. Yay. 1 star more off, for a total of 1 star

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

@Greymatter46. Considering the crap you write you have no ground high or low

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

@RePhil. Your comment on spelling doesn't count if you can't spell. However, please note that we all feel so much closer to you now that you've regaled us with your impressive scoring system.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

WAAY over the top, but not a bad read. 4 stars for the fun tale. DMW aka Sumnut96

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitabout 2 months ago

Funny! He should have given the lube to her boss, as he paced in front of the house - better message than giving it to his soon-to-be ex.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

The author has done much better work. A couple of stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Good chuckle. In response to a criticism below, the divorce law and protocol will depend on the country in which the story takes place. Not all Lit stories occur in the US or A,

Five stars.

WetheNorthWetheNorthabout 2 months ago

I could not give this yarn a full 5 because I just finished reading a great story from LT56

February Sucks - Jim's had Enough

and a full 5 is all that I could give that masterpiece

EastCoaster1EastCoaster1about 2 months ago

Nice..

Short...

Sweet...

5 * !

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

What can you say? Ungrateful bitches. 5*s. Hilarious

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

A silly dialogue between husband and wife. Did he already have a mistress? So.... he was cheating on his wife too? *

16GaDouble16GaDoubleabout 2 months ago

A fun read. Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

My last read of one of your whatever's. Why I bother is a mystery. They are all a jumble of words that have little or no direction. I pray ever night you will pock up the old McMillan Hand Book for writers; And read sentence structure, organized thoughts and the essay outline guide chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

To Anonymous (My last read..."):

You might glance at your old Macmillan Handbook (note the spelling) yourself. I count 9 mechanical errors in your 4 sentences: whatever's (for whatevers), ever (every), pock (pick), McMillan (Macmillan), Hand Book (Handbook), writers; (no punctuation), And (lower-case "a"), read (read the), chapter (chapters). Plus your idea that a short story should be able to be outlined like an expository essay is just silly.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Game. Set and MATCH!!! It’s over and done with - take no prisoners! As a BTB fan I LOVED IT!! 5 Stars!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userCrazyDaveTrucker60@CrazyDaveTrucker60
1267 Followers
I've worked a string of jobs. From cab driver to construction worker, to glamour photographer to truck driver. I drive a big truck in New York. I'm also a trainer, having trained over 120 guys to drive tractor trailers.I also write erotic stories and poems.