All Comments on 'Playboy & Hustler Suck!'

by ThomX

Sort by:
  • 3 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
What poorly thought-out drivel

You don't like Playboy anymore? Good for you. No one really cares. Everyone has the right to his opinion. I gave up my subscription to Playboy about 6 years ago for other reasons.

But if you're going to go on a rant about how terrible the magazine is, you should at least: give real reasons, and 2: have some facts.

You say Playboy sucks? Ok. But all you do in the first paragraph is talk about your dislike of Hugh Hefner, who actually has very little to do with the magazine anymore, outside of final say of the centerfold. In the entire first paragraph, you don't even mention the content of the magazine, only your problems with Hefner. So he's an old out of touch guy who claims to have multiple girlfriends? And this makes the magazine suck how? Maybe you'll tell us in the next paragraph.

But in the next paragraph, where you have the chance to make your case, you give only one reason: a letter to the Playboy advisor from 2004, which you apparently didn't actually READ, since you totally misquoted it and took it out of context. The two lines you attempted to re-create were the same two that a reader used in a response letter in the July 2004 issue. (the actual quote was “Most men aren’t attracted to overweight women, so odds are they’ll never know if they could be happy with you as a size 16.”, not the paraphrasing you used.) If you put something in quotation marks, that's SUPPOSED to mean you're repeating an exact quote. That's Day 2 of journalism class. You can use this tip in your future writings.

So, you use one taken-out-of-context, misquoted statement from 2004 as a reason why Playboy sucks. Like I said, everyone has a right to their opinion, no matter how poorly thought out. But I'm still laughing from your statement 'but I prefer my women NOT to have the body of a ten-year-old boy like the vast majority of the Playboy Playmates seem to have.' Oh dear lord, please tell me that was a joke. Do you know many 10 year old boys with surgically enhanced 38DD breasts? If you do, I don't want to know where you find them. But tell me, does Anna-Nicole Smith have the body of a ten year old boy? Does Pamela Anderson or Jenny Mccarthy? What an asinine argument you make.

So, there must be more, right? More reasons why Playboy sucks other than an idiotic claim about 10 year old boys' bodies? Nope, that's it. You think you proved your case, so now it's time to deal with Hustler. And the fact that you ever thought Hustler was a good magazine (and subscribed to it) says more about you than I could possibly write in a couple of paragraphs.

Now, the slow-witted among you will totally miss the point of my response and call it a defense of Playboy, even though I clearly stated I don't subscribe to Playboy anymore. It is NOT a defense of Playboy; it is a response to someone's inability to clearly and validly back up their claims. In an essay whose sole purpose was to prove a point, you failed to do so miserably. Try again, but this time, try having something to say.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Gee I guess it has been too long since

I opened a Playboy. The last time I looked at one, Hef had 6 or 7 blonde girlfriends that he kept happy with the big V pill(s). He had the image in America of the "Good Life", that gradually ran down as he became too old to portray the man, every American boy wanted to be the demand for being the great grandfather every boy wanted to be never did really make it. I suspect that his continual backing of politically correct causes gives him a more favorable media in lieu of that of a dirty old man.

I dropped my subscription, when I noticed taht each year 10 of the 12 playmates were at least C cups and Ds "if we were lucky". The other 2 were Bs with at least one very nicely rounded rear. This happened every year, I decided that if I wanted "D Cup" Magazine, I could buy it and miss the politics. Hustler's girls nearly always had a harder more strident photography that I was not looking for.

Larry Flynn's life on the political left has received more publicity than his gambling habits (super star treatment given to those who often drop a million without noticing).

I wish them both well, hope they grow up someday, but I am not holding my breath.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Speaking of a vindictive streak...

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous