Portmanteau Ep. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Breaking into a run, the two made it down the concourse, and Grant scrambled aboard as the doors closed.

No time for a kiss or even a word.

Beth looked at him through the window and gave him an assuring wink, then smiled and turned to walk to her concourse.

With time to kill, she stopped to get a newspaper and scanned the front page.

Her phone buzzed with a text: I didn't get a chance to say goodbye.

She texted back: The 510 to Westchester waits for no man.

"Time After Time," a voice murmured.

Beth looked around only to find Grant standing next to her.

"I was on the train, and the song hit me, Time after Time. It's by Cyndi Lauper. It's the song I have for you. The love song I have for you."

"If you're lost, you can look, and you will find me, time after time," Beth recited.

"I will be waiting," Grant added in.

Having put much of himself out there, Grant felt exposed and vulnerable. What now, he wondered.

'What now' was answered with an embrace and Beth's deep, soft kiss. She pulled him close and whispered, "This time, let's make it our time."

The moment was perfect. If it were a motion picture, the credits would start rolling.

However, life continues, and Beth brought them both to earth as she whispered, "I think you owe me a dress, and Bloomingdales is just a few blocks from here."

Grant nodded in agreement.

"Big dressing rooms at Bloomies...maybe you want to join me as I try them on?"

Grant took Beth's hand as they returned to the city for more adventures together.

THE LONG AND WINDING ROAD

But still they lead me back

To the long winding road

You left me standing here

A long, long time ago

Don't keep me waiting here

Lead me to your door

The Long &Winding Road lyrics © Sony/ATV Music Publishing

___________________________________________________________

Enjoyed this installment? Looking for more of the Portmanteau universe? Read the entire series here:

PORTMANTEAU: THE SERIES