Power of Love Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"All okay, Jumpmaster." Muscone said. "Maybe I'll get the opportunity to return that favor, neh?"

"I hope not." I said. "I hope not..."

Part 19 - Epilogue

After everyone had left, we were cleaning up and getting ready for bed, when Carole asked me "Daddy, can I take the dogs out with you?"

"Carole," Laura said sternly, "it's way past your bedtime."

"It's okay." I said, seeing the look on my daughter's face. "Just for a minute. Hey Buddy, Bowser! You want to go... I guess so." The dogs were at the back door already.

We went outside, and Carole and I set on the metal mesh loveseat with a blanket over us as the dogs went to do their business.

"I'm glad you're okay, Daddy." Carole said.

"Thank you, Fussbudget." I said, giving her a hug. "I'm glad I'm okay, too."

"Daddy," Carole said, her voice becoming forlorn, "Mommy didn't believe me when I was worried about you. She never believes me."

Hoo boy. What to say about that?

"Well, she doesn't think you're lying." I tried. "I think she knew there was nothing y'all could've done at the wedding. I had to fix that one myself."

Carole said no more for a moment, and then she said "Daddy, do you remember last Christmas Eve?"

"Of course." I said. (Author's note: 'Christmas in the County', Ch. 01.)

"When I was visiting Aunt Trreesa at her sister's statue," Carole said, "her sister's ghost whispered something to her, that Aunt Trreesa would find out the truth about her sister."

"Okayyy..." I said, realizing I was hearing something important.

"Do you believe me, Daddy?" Carole asked, looking up at me.

"Yes. Yes I do." I said, looking right back at her. "What about Aunt Teresa and her sister?"

"Her sister was right." Carole said "She's about to find out the truth. And Aunt Trreesa will need your help. It's going to be hard for her."

"And she'll have my help." I replied. "Just as you'll have my help when you need it." Carole didn't say anything. She just hugged me.

"Okay, it's time for bed." I said as the dogs came up to us. We went back to the door and Carole went on inside with the dogs. I said to Laura, who was in the greatroom "I forgot to bring the Scotch and the glasses back in. Be right back." Laura nodded.

I sat back down in the metal mesh loveseat and poured one more drink. As I looked over the Town, I saw the light of a train appear over the western horizon, then disappear as the train took the curve southward.

Yes, I thought to myself, it was coming. I breathed in and out, clearing my mind. I knew I'd have to be at the very top of my game. I could sense it, as could Carole, and I knew that what was coming was going to be big. It would have effects that would last for decades... no, for Centuries...

Finis.