All Comments on 'Prologue to a Problem - Continued'

by KitDeLuca164

Sort by:
  • 139 Comments
shadowjack17shadowjack177 months ago

I normally hate automatic 1 bombers, but to be honest I just could not get behind this one. The writing is reasonable, although lacking a solid conclusion. So I'm just not going to rate it at all.

WisquejacWisquejac7 months ago

Just hated the wife and her friend meh. Thanks.

YouamiYouami7 months ago

I did not find Ann or Judy particulary pleasant characters...they had very few redeeming traits. One thing they had in common was a completely over-exaggerated sense of entitlement. Why the fuck did Ann marry Phil if all she wanted to do was fuck around with complete strangers? I just couldn't understand her actions. Both ladies were basically cheating sluts and any man was fair game. God only knows how many STIs were floating around.

payenbrantpayenbrant7 months ago

Neither Ann or Judy are good people. Both are liars and cheats. Phil I do feel sorry for, but am glad that he moved on.

Jaydean409Jaydean4097 months ago

Nice! The women are my kind of girls, I love depraved wives!! Don’t understand the husband’s obsession with what might have happened 20 years ago!!

SyzyguySyzyguy7 months ago

There was an inevitability about this well-written story (that's not a problem - you signposted it) as in the end Ann opted for the freedoms of her 20's over the responsibilities of her late 40's. Sadly, she is about 50 when she makes this choice. I'm not sure she has thought it through at all - where will she be left in ten years' time? I half expected Mark to turn out to be an acquaintance of her son. Although you say that Phil didn't have closure, I'm pretty sure that he, with his new wife's support, would be able to leave it as one of those "I'll never really know but I'm 99% sure" things and, anyway, it was the lies, not the sex, which broke the marriage for him. Thank you for posting it.

MigbirdMigbird7 months ago

Your character-driven pieces always strike a chord if comments any indication, most of which are rants about the behavior of your female characters; rarely about your writing per se. Maybe that is what you as an author are looking for in your storylines — stir the pot/caldron. What strikes a responsive chord with me is how well you develop believable, real, flawed characters and place them in troubling/challenging circumstances/infidelity. You effectively use/intertwine dialogue and introspective moments/pauses to create characters that grab us/trouble us — make us think. And the sex is used in the character development; seldom if ever gratuitous. “It is what it is” can be viewed as toxic (not accepting personal responsibility) but the phrase often characterizes a situation that cannot be changed/must be accepted/lived with — see last line. In your intro comments, you say you feel sorry for the husband — not sure why other than his obsession made his life miserable. I follow your writing because you never serve up pablum. Hope you continue to share.

someoneothersomeoneother7 months ago

Neither Ann, Judy nor Karen are good people, but it is the author's writing that brings out how flawed they really were. This was a well-written story, both realistic and adventuresome, and one of very few stories recently published in LW that deserved to be read.

Oatmeal1969Oatmeal19697 months ago

it was good but I didn't care for the sad ending. The wife was a stubborn piece of shit that felt so little love or empathy for her husband that she couldn't give him the truth even when it no longer came attached with consequences. So, basically, her life was a waste of time other than the children. :)

myky40myky407 months ago

'I guess it is what it is' she ultimately concluded with a melancholy sigh..... bitch .

mndhanson017mndhanson0177 months ago

I'm going to agree with you on that, shadowjack, but the saying goes "once a cheater, always a cheater", Phil deserved better, she was never committed to him and continued her affair anyways, in his house, too. She can never be trusted and her sons deserve a better mother. She left lying to not give the proof that she's a slut and leaving Phil doubtful for the remainder of his life. She ruined him, while she goes fucking around, only feel sorry for Phil and the boys, but definitely not Ann.

Harryin VAHarryin VA7 months ago

Most of this author's stories get really low scores, and the reason can be clearly seen from this poorly written story . It would be a little more interesting if at some point, the husband realized that the reason why the wife is not telling him what happened. It is because he doesn't matter..

.

The fact that the wife went back to fucking young men many years after the lake party is proof that the wife lied about the party not to spare her husband's feelings. If she was really remorseful she wouldn't have repeated her actions. No the reason why she never told her husband about what happened at the lake party is because she doesn't care about his reaction.

.

He has no value to her. And what's worse is that this particular author doesn't see that in the story that she wrote period. She thinks the husband is kind of sad and pathetic.

.

For example, the wife could have said yes we all had a wild time at the Lake and I hooked up with a couple of boys but that was before we were engaged up before we even going serious.

.

But to make that kind of statement would require the wife to treat her husband as in but doesn't even mean that deserves consideration.

EdgeOfSundownEdgeOfSundown7 months ago

Yes just what the literary world needed, a fourth rate story about an unapologetic slut and her weak assed husband. Kind of appalling the phrase "consequences for ones actions" is a foreign concept to some, but glorifying a betraying piece of shit is alright...

Medussa55Medussa557 months ago

Well this is Loving Wives so we all knew where this was going. I can't say I liked it but it was probably realistic. I really didn't warm to any of the characters and was a large investment in time to read.Overall it seemed more like a chapter than a story

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Just another slut story

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Makes me so glad and grateful that I haven't lumbered myself with a wife as vile as Ann. And don't even get me started on Judy. The only mystery is why Phil married Ann in the first place when there were so many unanswered questions that Ann made clear were going to remain that way. Relationships are not like criminal trials where guilt has to be proven beyond all reasonable doubt; if Phil's instincts were telling him something was off then he should have acted on them and sent the sex addict packing. Instead, he's put himself through years of needless torment only to end up divorced anyway.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Wow i skimmed through this one. If the writer really believes what they wrote that anyone male or female can fuck around without consequences and do it in such a cold bloodied way is beyond me. Only a person with no emotions no empathy no sense of self worth would act like these characters. The writer invented these characters so i assume she has no empathy no emotions and apparently only wants to get fucked by as many people as possible.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Description of a typical sociopath. everything must revolve around her, lying to themselves and others. Have relationships only for their own benefit. In summary, an inferior character without whom this world would be better off.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Okay I'll just say it; BTB is juvenile and lame... but I get it. This? Who the hell was this even written for?

LenardSpencerLenardSpencer7 months ago

The writing was good, even if the two female characters were horrible, manipulating types. Dishonest as well. As Phil said, "It wasn't the actual sex, twenty odd years ago, it was the constant lies". Plus, it seems he never got to know about Mark... which is strange. Anyway, thank you for a well written story. Cheers.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

I continued reading hoping to find a story. What a waste of time.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

How about ending with she started fucking one her sons college buddies until son caught her and disowned the slut !

avidreader62avidreader627 months ago

Neither Judy nor Ann married for the right reasons. I doubt they were in love with their spouses. Judy married to legitimize her pregnancy. Ann married because she saw herself as damaged goods that no one would want to marry. So clearly, they never experienced what ‘making love to someone they truly loved’ felt like. So they only thrilled over the strange cock. I felt for the two husbands.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Well it took her 20 years to figure out she was a slut. 20 years lost for her, she could be having so much fun all those years. Her husband? Who gives a damn about him, another author can wtite his story. He exists in another universe.Children? What children?...

Frank66Frank667 months ago

Kit is quite the writer, able to delve into the thinking and emotions of affairs, both men and women's, but the content, the morals and conclusions are somewhat empty. Maybe that's by design, as we readers don't usually know when the writer is preaching or provoking. But in this story marriage is a hindrance to good sex, which is to be prized over everything else. In marriage, sex is boring, no 'thrill', while illicit sex makes one come alive. In this marriage there's obviously no trust, with good reason, and also no love. Throw love into the mix, along with some responsibility and it's a whole different story. Hard to see how this marriage lasted 20 years.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

What a pair of cold hearted bitches they turned out to be, I'm just sorry it took Phil 20 years to divorce the cunt.

amygdalaamygdala7 months ago

Wow this paragraph.."As Ann thought about it, she admitted that sex with Mark was far beyond anything she and Phil had because, ironically, she and Mark had nothing. No vows, No obligations. No kids. No in-laws or family dynamics. No bills. Nothing other than a mutual, no strings attached, agreement to use each other for sexual gratification."

I would think that there must not have really being any real love and affection as the bonds of vows and family and kids should make the act of sex more an act of lovemaking.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

What a couple of miserable cunts, living on lies and cheating.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

WOW!

Just wow.

What a pile.

Cold , almost autistic even when you describe emotions.

And this endless trope of a great (not even good) looking jocks who keep coming back to screw premenopausal sluts. How cliche of you.

And all those women who completely devoid of true feelings.

Pathetic really.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

B S

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Imperfect people unable to solve problems or communicate with one another. The conclusions were flawed. People forget and move on. Not a very satisfactory outcome.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

all the women in this story need to die slow deaths.

FireFox59FireFox597 months ago

Sad that Phil wasted 20 years of his life with a woman like Ann.

TnicollTnicoll7 months ago

Very well written and disturbing story. Revolutionary Road feel to it. Great job KDL!

Karn9Karn97 months ago

Good story however she’s such a bitch! I feel sorry for Phil wasting his early life with Ann. 4*

Bronco56Bronco567 months ago

You did a wonderful job on this story. You brought gut reactions and led the reader to totally dispise the female characters. Very well done

5stars

rbloch66rbloch667 months ago

What a cruel, heartless, selfish whore.

Impo_64Impo_647 months ago

Phil wasted 20 years of his life with a woman like Ann because even knowing something heavy happened in Texoma, he still married her! His fault for marrying a whore! And a heartless one! And also a stupid one engaging in a relationship with a young man with age to be her son! Any future in it? Of course not! She will end her days alone and miserable! And the other bitch? Did she died in pain and alone? 2*

Regguy69Regguy697 months ago

Sadly Ann never learned the joy of a deeply committed relationship, even in marriage. Well at least she’ll have great memories of loveless sex to carry her through her later years as she grows old and lonely.

Well written story, but a sad commentary on a shallow selfish woman.

ephesiosephesios7 months ago

What a dark depressing story. Phil will forever doubt himself and his choice. Ann will forever be drawn to emotionally empty, but apparently enjoyable sex. I’m not sure if there is a moral to this tale. Both were begrudgingly ok with the resolution.

King_MacAulayKing_MacAulay7 months ago

Sad, but actually a really good piece. It wasn't campy, or over the top. The whole plot and the characters feelings felt incredibly real. I would love for a happy ending, but I'm okay that this isn't that kind of story, and I think this is damn good short story. Thanks for the read.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

You say that your prior story must be read, as essential to this one. But you don't provide a link. Which means I would have to abandon this one and go searching for the other, and then find this one again. I will likely not read either one.

JPB

JPB

bobareenobobareeno7 months ago

Sex without emotional commitment is the “zipless fuck” written about by Erica Jong in "Fear of Flying” way back when. Some women see such sex as the ultimate sexual encounter, while others find greater pleasure where sex involves the depth of an emotional attachment. As a male of varied experience, I have had both kinds of sex, and have encountered both viewpoints in the women I have enjoyed, though those focused on the zipless fuck have been in a rarefied minority. Perhaps I am a romantic, but where the sex began without emotional attachment, but was great sex, and it thereafter evolved into sex with an emotional attachment, it became even more intense as our emotional bonds grew, and had an element of fulfillment missing in the pure lust style fucking. Ann is written to be one of those whose desires were better aroused where emotional involvement was missing, and her focus was clearly not on the character of her partners, but on their exteriors. She, in my experience, represented a fairly shallow personality, an excellent short term fuck, with limited emotional maturity. She would have been kinder to Phil had she recognized her own predilections and let Phil meet someone who better met his needs, while she pursued her zipless fucks, and thereby pursued her own preferences. I agree with the author, this was a sad tale for Phil. I think, however, that someone with Phil’s character, despite the author’s statement that he never moved on, would be more likely to find what he was looking for, because at their age, finding a partner to share a depth of emotional commitment, versus Ann’s desire for the thrill of youthful ardor, would be tilted far more in Phil’s favor than Ann’s.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Frankly, this story was a holy mess. Three stars that could have been two.

JPB

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Sorry. I cha ged it to Two stars

JPB

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Just more bitches that will do anything with everyone else but won't do with or for their husbands. Both of these bitches need to die long slow deaths. Hopefully cancer will slowly eat both of them alive.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Wow KDL, you sure managed to piss off all the LDM with this one! Good job!

Very well written with the sense of melancholy, hopelessness, and despair that long term marriage can bring. I found Ann’s inability to confess very real world. That’s the problem with a long term lie, it gets harder and harder to bring it into the light. In the end it was Ann’s undoing. And, it would haunt both parties for the rest of their lives.

Really well told story

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Always go with your gut instincts. Phil should have never married her.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

She was right about one thing in that whole story, and that is that Phil would not have married her. Nor would any other guy that she would find "respectable". She would eventually settled for a simp and the rest of the story would resumed just as it did here.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Too bad the chrating cunt wasted 20 years of Phil's life. She didn't even have the decency to admit her lies to even try to save the marriage. I guess 20 years of Phil's fidelity tolerating her selfish twat wasn't enough to keep her ftom fucking some loser who takes advantage of married women. Phil needs to make a roadtrip to Norman and pay Mark a visit.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

My only comment is that there were too many lies by the broads in this story. it started off with her lying to Phil about what happened at the lake. Then it went downhill from there.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

I agree with what others said, all women in this story deserve a painful and slow death.

Nothing wrong with sleeping around. However wasting someone elses time and betraying them thoughtlessly deserves no reprieve.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Miserable story that jumped all over the place with the flashbacks, very disorganized. You must be in love with sadness.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103x7 months ago

"she fell into it and kissed him back." - "She might have sent the wrong signals?" I would say that kissing him back certainly falls into that category!

\

Movie titles should be in italics. and it should be, "she's having," not "she is having."

\

"I think she said 'confined.'" - Poor baby, she was "confined." And men are never "confined," but they're expected to pull up their big boy pants and take care of their family.

\

"Both episodes were humiliating." - The first episode was humiliating to Phil, not her.

\

"I told him that I did not want to risk my marriage for a new thrill and also who has the time." "That seems honest," - But it's not exactly a "No!" It says that if she had the time, and felt that there was little risk, that she might do it.

\

"I'm certain he would have broken up with me and then who knows where my life would have ended up." - So he's worried about what a confession to a little "Girls Gone Wild" before they were married would do, but is now thinking about cheating?

\

"Don't throw away our marriage based on some bullshit hearsay from over 20 years ago!" - Maybe if she had come clean originally, but now it's lie upon lie upon lie. She's STILL denying everything.

\

So all it comes down to is that she's a slut?

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Congratulations KDL. You directly got to the nub of the story, the nub that needed a rub. It's a shame that convention ended up fucking over two lives. Once she knew she was free spirit sexually she should have never married Phil. Continue screwing him for sure but at the same time make it clear that exclusivity was not on the cards. At least, by respecting him enough to give him a plain assessment of their relationship, she would have let him make a considered choice. Her blind desire to snag a husband in the end caused a lot of unnecessary grief for both of them and probably for the sons as well. 5 stars for a well told tale.

26thNC26thNC7 months ago

You write very well. Well enough to make me viscerally despise your characters. Ann was just a stone bitch, and a cheating bitch at that. Judy was painted with the same brush.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Cynical and deluded.

CatHouseGuy20CatHouseGuy207 months ago

Interesting read. To start, I tend to agree with your pre story thought about many women walking into affairs unplanned and with a guy that is skilled and opportunistic in seeking out such affairs. My first thought in the story is why Phil had dwelled on the spring break issue for 20 years. They were dating, yes, but from the story I see nothing that said 'Exclusive" or "engaged". Perhaps the fact that she wouldn't release any details and denied any activity that would flunk the boyfriend test. I could see some initial questioning and concern but then she married him. To allow the thoughts of "what if" to eat at you for 20 years is a weakness on Phil's part. Could have told her from the start that he felt she was lying and moved on from her rather than a 20 year ulcer.

College age young folks having sex is a common thing. Young women should be able to enjoy and find themselves sexually. Yes the long weekend of multi-sex with the 4 guys is a bit wild by a lot of standards.

Of course Ann has plenty of issues of her own. To convince herself that the weekend would ruin her as a marriage prospect, so then to pursue Phil so diligently just to grab a husband to ease her of being a bad girl was a huge weakness in her character. What some would call "settling" which turned out to produce a failure of a marriage. Of course the hookup with Mark was indeed the actual cheating part and should earn her some scorn.

In the end they both wasted many years in a poor situation and appears that neither will ever be truly happy.

Most will blame Ann and I get it but Phil needed to man up at some point. Now even remarried he still hasn't let it go. It's almost as though he has chosen to make his life miserable.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

A rewrite would have put the events in better perspective It never pays for anyone to tell everything about their past; especially their sexual past

bobareenobobareeno7 months ago

It seems my comment wasn’t posted. I imagine I must’ve failed to push the button to post it. If not, and if my remarks were rejected by the author, I meant no disrespect. At any rate, I will try to recall the gist of what I had written, and will give it another shot.

The protagonist, Ann, was a proponent of the "zipless fuck," a term coined by an author from many years back, Erica Jong, in her book, "Fear of Flying.” Jong saw that kind of fuck as a unicorn, highly valued and rarely obtained, and for her it represented the essence of the most desired sexual experience for women, one with no commitment nor any emotional involvement, just unbridled lust.

Ann was written to be someone who focused on the superficial, any depth of emotional attachment, in fact, made sexuality less fulfilling for her. For Ann, monogamy killed the thrill of sex, she saw herself losing out on life as a result of monogamy’s constraints.

Her viewpoint made her somewhat cold, her predilection evinced a failure to value emotional commitment. She feared her own urges as too much. As described, Ann viewed sexuality from a shallow viewpoint, her focus was on abs, youthful appearance, and stamina, as opposed to the intimacy of a loving and emotionally connected relationship. Phil was the one capable of greater intimacy, but was condemned by the author to be unable to move on from his relationship with Ann. He actually loved her. Nevertheless, he was the one who sought honesty in their relationship; but Ann was unable to offer it, she was incapable of doing so. For Ann, when a young stud offered sex, that thrill trumped emotional intimacy and commitment.

In short, there was a role reversal in this tale. Often, in real life, men are the ones in search of young and perfect bodies to fuck, and they eschew emotional intimacy for numbers, variety, and good looks. Ann took that role here, while Phil sought the deeper connection. An interesting turnabout, and perfect grist for the loving wives mill.

4 stars.

WhackdoodleWhackdoodle7 months ago

Assuming they were 22 as seniors, married immediately after graduating, they would have been 50 or 51 at the time of the affair.

And you want us to believe she was a cougar, able to fuck some 18 yr old stud? And that she was willing to cheat knowing the consequences? And Phil was able to remarry?

What a pile of drek.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Why did Phil waste 20 years on the slut? What a dipshit. At the very least, he should have checked his kids DNA.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

"You did a wonderful job on this story. You brought gut reactions and led the reader to totally dispise the female characters."

-

There are millions of these cuck fantasies regularly getting very negative feedback from the LW readers, and looking at the very low readers evaluation, this is obviously NOT a good tale. Nothing new.

Lyon796Lyon7967 months ago

Thank you for this wonderfully written story. The plot was realistic, the story poignant, and the language carefully crafted. It’s certainly a sad story, more so because I felt that the husband and wife did love each other. Yes, if the husband could have just let go of what happened or rather, what he imagined happened or if she had been able to communicate that something had happened but it meant nothing to her and that she loved him and wanted to have their marriage thrive. Perhaps then, the affair with Mark wouldn’t have happened. Obviously, those things didn’t happen and your story brilliantly captured the variety of reasons why.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

So sad all around. I mean she appears so empty that all she really has is sex. No love, no relationship, no real friendship. She may feel like somehow she won in the end by keeping her lies but I think she is far worse off than anyone else.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

That bitch ain't worth the price of a round, use a rope

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Good god what a horrible group of female characters. The old college friend who is nothing but an old whore.

The friend who fucked her husband's boss for an entire year? That's cold as fuck.

And then the worst one. The wife MC. That is a seriously fucked up person.

The best, most meaningful sex of her life was with random men who were just hard dicks to fuck? And even staring into the face of the man who has loved her for more than 2 decades. The man who fathered her two sons. Sacrificed and worked at making a home and raising kids with. In his face she HAD to keep lying. Could not be truthful.

Yeah. She's fucked up. And I about 10 years...when she is in her 50s. Dried up and menopausal. No longer attractive to young college aged hotties who just want to bang her. She'll be alone. With her memories of getting fucked and the debauchery of Lake Texoma. And that's all she'll be. Is alone.

Good for her. She definitely seems like she is happy. Her future sure is bright having been a liar and a slut. Good story. With a good message.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Excellent story. I gave it a 4 and wish I had given it a 5. Just because you don't like the ending doesn't mean the story is bad. The story was well written and certainly got to people's emotions so it was a good story.

anon.1

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

The ending was especially bad, with you jumping back and forth in time and not making much sense. In one paragraph you talk about her moving to Norman post divorce. Two paragraphs later they were just headed towards divorce and still living in the same house. That's just one example, but you desperately need an editor.

-

Another issue is that you tried to make it out that he is still clueless and wondering at the end. "Ann's denials had left him with nagging, painful doubt about whether he overreacted and did the right thing throwing his marriage away." Why? He may not know everything that happened, but he knows enough. He knows she lied. I guess maybe it's a self defense mechanism to keep from admitting that he was a gullible idiot to marry a slut knowing that she had ditched him for an orgy?

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

"A married couple's secrets and suspicions tear them apart." - The subtitle suggests that it's both sides' actions that equally led to the end of the marriage. This is rather misleading and not what the story tells us. His suspicions turn out to be quite correct, and she keeps on lying nonetheless.

"As Ann reflected on her life, she realized that she had always held that sex was best in a committed relationship and yet, in truth, her experience was the exact opposite. The greatest pure sexual moments of her life had occurred with relative strangers, people other than her boyfriends and husband."

Yes, that may well be the case for her. But if you're more focused on steamy sex than on love, and this is really enough for you and more valuable to you than even basic respect for your husband, you shouldn't marry and lead on your husband. Carrying on with her affair while the couple, though not really together anymore, still share the common house reveals her total lack of character.

5 * for very good writing style, anyway, though I didn't like the story at all.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJ7 months ago

Ann will eventually end up alone. Her sons will discover what a POS she is and won't want anything to do with her. Phil will be happy with his new wife and forget the cheating whore. Guys like Mark will stop coming around. She will be sad when she reads the story about Mark being attacked one night. Married women won't be seeking him out anymore after the damage done to his face. Cheaters never prosper in the end.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

@CatHouseGuy20: That's not how the human mind works for quite a significant amount of the population. They literally can't let something like that go. It'll pop up weeks, months, years later, again, and again, and again. It would take recognition of the problem and intense therapy to actually do something about it, and even then, there's no guarantee. Plus, therapy is costly.

TwentysevenTwentyseven7 months ago

Excellent story with a simple message. Don't use marriage as a refuge.

patilliepatillie7 months ago

ddVery well done-I cant stand the main character Ann, I think her actions vile and indicative of a person with no integrity. But to write such a well developed character, and make the reader feel, is a feat and you did that. 5*

OOAAOOAA7 months ago

I would have expected more BTB here....

PierremanvisPierremanvis7 months ago

Wonderful reading and , for me , well described. Yet I finished with a profound sense of sadness. What is it with these self indulgent women of America. No wonder so few men look at marriage a something to embrace. But kudos to the author for engendering these emotions. Keep contributing.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

nothing a gun and a few dozen rounds wouldn't fix

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

It was a well written story but so depressing. Thanks for the time and effort. KS

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Ann is a terrible sociopathic woman lacking remorse and empathy. She cares about no one but herself. She deserves to die lonely and miserable

AnotherChapterAnotherChapter6 months ago

As others have said, a well written piece that is, in the final analysis, profoundly sad and disheartening. She lived in fear of her own truth, her husband lived in fear of her lies and deceit. That she could not even free him from her lies after the marriage was ashes was the true sign of her lack of character. At that point she had nothing to gain by prolonging his doubts except for a quick honest glance in the mirror.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Yep. Ann is definitely a sociopath. It is what it is. Phil is much better off.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

What a non story so very boring.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

What an ultimately very sad story, extremely well written and presented.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Your stories kind of reflects your feelings on marriage and fidelity. You don't care for it. Please do us males a favor and don't marry. But, at the same time, I must, regretfully, give you a 5 stars...you are a very good writer and I love sluts.

Alright_alright_alrightAlright_alright_alright5 months ago

Wow! There's something to look forward to, women like this die old and alone. She showed her husband no respect she never loved him. She thinks her best sex is with strangers news flash something new is usually always better. Try getting one of them to pay your bills, or flood your clothes and take the trash out. Husbands have to do them things. They're the ones that hear you fart in your sleep or have to walk in the bathroom after you have eaten Taco Bell. But stay with you, get one of your strangers to do that then see if the sex exciting. This storyline reflects the writers opinion that sexual needs come first over her family needs. It's amazing that some women think like this, they want to explore for better sex. What's makes them to believe that their husbands view them as the best they've ever had. Most of the time when women view sex life's are boring is a reflection on them not the husbands.

AllNigherAllNigher5 months ago

First, those that assume she is like her characters don't understand how writing fiction works I guess. Reading her profile she seems to use this to they to understand why women would do this, which tells me this isn't her thought or thoughts, it's her reasoning what other must be thinking.

I hated the characters for who they were, but they were will written and believable and not cartoons or caricatures.

Nicely done. Was a bit hard you get through for me though. Maybe tighten things up a bit as you keep writing, which I hope you will . In the end I did enjoy it.

TwentysevenTwentyseven5 months ago

Like so many people, she doesn't understand the sacrifices necessary to make a good marriage. And yes, the sacrifices do include mind-blowing sex with exciting new partners.

enderlocke77enderlocke774 months ago

Instead of detail description of the nasty lake scene u should have described a better ending. Ann is just plain evil sorry usually don't care but I hate mental cruelty. Leaving him like that and knowing she is and doesn't seem to care, evil. Not really sure why she stayed married to someone she never really cared about. On the second page when she was reflecting. Was hoping she would be more action wise smart and end the lie of the marriage but nope. Any rate enjoyed it mostly

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

What I would have given for Phil to show up and beaten the shit out of the cheating sluts boy toy. Maby another chapter where homewreacker dumps the slut and tries to come home.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Ann is a reflection of the modern Western woman. Narcissistic, self centred, deceitful and suffering from a heavy dose of God complex. Whatever it takes to be happy at everyone else's expense. No amount of botox, implants, designer clothes can conceal how turbid a lot of Western woman have become. And they wonder why men don't hang around and they get left with soulless simps and cucks.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Why would a mature, successful man want to be married to a person who doesn’t see anything wrong with outside sex? Also I fail to understand why Phil was so raged with the break up. He “knew”Ann cheated before they were even exclusive. He seemed to want her to tell him about it. He also was very insecure. So move on already. Maybe his weak dick attitude was the push she needed to fuck young guys. After all middle aged women suffer from this trait a lot of the time.

InfosaugerInfosauger3 months ago

Good story with a bad ending. No punshment for Mark or the other slut.

Waldteufel61Waldteufel613 months ago

Nothing more maddening than a liar. Unfair, unfair!

tralan69ertralan69er3 months ago

@sbrooks,

I can easily believe you to be the class clown, all through your schooling.

avidreader123avidreader1233 months ago

You missed a line at the end. "And that's why she died a bitter old cat lady when her looks faded and all she had to offer was a horrible personality. " :)

TracklTrackl3 months ago

Even though I didnt liked a lot of characters from this story, I'll admit it was a good read... mostly. The ending was rushed and kinda lame. The confrontation scenes usually are most interesting, and author for some reason decided to skip them.

4/5

kevmo911kevmo9113 months ago

What a fantastic, well-written story about love, loss, and choices. As a reader, my frustrations with the characters' behavior just make me love the story more. So glad I stumbled on to you!

Schwanze1Schwanze13 months ago

If your girlfriend’s buddy is the college bike, do NOT put a ring on her finger.

BlueEyd2BlueEyd23 months ago

She truly was a narcistic slut who was also vile wife. She clearly never really loved her husband

Russ43ChandlerRuss43Chandler3 months ago

Liked the story and thank you for sharing.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userKitDeLuca164@KitDeLuca164
Married, mother of 2 grown children. Live in USA, Midwest. Was motivated to write after reading GeorgeAnderson’s February Sucks. Was conflicted by the premise of the story and wanted to explore my own thoughts on why an apparently happily married wife would cheat.

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES